Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Gaze of Graxis

Day 16, Seventh month of 1815 C.P.

I’ve found it! Finally. So many years. So many resources. I feel like my entire life has been spent finding the relic mother spoke of.

I feel so relieved.

This will make me the most powerful man in all Salvar. All that is left now is the final expedition. I will lead it myself. I have to be there. I can't risk losing this.

Jacob mocks me. He was always a jealous brother. He still prattles on about the damage to the kingdom. As though I care about these peasants; filthy creatures. Soon he will see. Everyone will.

Once I have the relic I will finally be given the reverence I so rightfully deserve.

For now, I must gather my team. This will be my final entry until my return. I shall keep a separate journal for the journey.

Lord K.

Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-21-16 at 10:24 AM.
    2011 Althy Winner - Most Realistic Character
    2016 Althy Winner - Best Contributor & Player of the Year (tie)

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page
    Current Character Profile

Solo Quests:
    Hidden Beneath The Canopy (75)
    Lost Loot of Lornius (74)

Hand of Virtue
    EXP: 87,799, Level: 12
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,201
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,201
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Artemis held the brief note in his hand, reading the message with a furrowed brow.

Meet where 'Streams of Silver' lay dry by your hand.

He tucked the note into a pocket of his leather armor and lifted his gaze to the familiar cavern entrance where he and his first friends of Salvar had extracted a small deposit of mithril. He found the cryptic note a bit amusing; streams of silver was not uncommonly used to refer to the light white metal. Then again, only five living beings knew this particular place, and Artemis had no reason to believe any of the others would ask to meet so far from Knife’s Edge.

The young warrior let his hands fall briefly to the hilts of his twin blades, thinking of the long journey between the first step into this cavern and now.

’I remember this day as well, Artemis,’ Judicis whispered telepathically. The sentient weapon had been with the young warrior from his early days in Salvar, though he hadn’t yet known of the weapon’s consciousness.

“You were still just a bow to me then,” Artemis mumbled needlessly; after all, the bow could hear his thoughts just as well as his words. “It was quite a while before I could hear you, and even longer before I was able to shift your form.” He let out a reminiscent sigh and then quickly scaled the rocky slope, his enchanted boots and natural agility making quick work of the difficult terrain.

’Things have certainly changed,’ Judicis added with a hint of melancholy.

“That they have,” Artemis agreed. “For now let’s go see who the author of our note is . . .” He walked cautiously into the opening of the small cave, running his hand along the damp stone walls. The air tasted thick showing signs of the recent rain. The cavern was along the southern mountains of Salvar and warm as far as the region went.

Not far ahead, a humanoid shape unexpectedly walked toward the confused man. Artemis felt a strange tingle through his body, followed by the sensation of utter paralysis. He was frozen in his standing position but unable to move or speak. “I’m glad you came, Artemis,” a low and familiar voice said, though Artemis couldn’t quite place it. Before he had a chance to dwell on the matter, light illuminated the figure from the bottom up.

Crimson and gold robes reflected the light, followed by long white hair. When the figure had finally gotten close, slits of silver that seemed to glow much like Artemis’ own blue eyes stared back at the young man. Around his right eye, a tattoo of a silver dragon perched upon his brow. Artemis knew the elf staring back at him yet still felt utterly dumbfounded by his presence as well as the decision to cast such a spell. Even if the powerful magic of the ancient sorcerer were not binding him, Artemis would have had nothing to say.

With an intense look the sorcerer extended a pale hand and placed it upon Artemis’ bracer; more accurately, the passive form of Artemis’ sentient bow, Judicis. In a single breath Artemis' consciousness had withdrawn into the familiar secret realm of Judicis. Across from him sat the elf, Lord Davian, a member of the Dragon Council – ten extremely powerful elven sorcerers who individually could sneeze away a continent. The elf looked the same as a moment ago, seated in a plush crimson armchair that matched his robes quite well. Judicis sat beside him in an identical chair wearing his usual immaculate black suit, his hair and beard of white neatly trimmed.

“Forgive me for the secrecy Artemis, I know this is likely quite confusing for you. Please, join us and I will explain.” Artemis knew Judicis’ powerful magic had already informed him of all he needed to know, as anyone the bow came in contact with immediately copied their memories over to the artifact's limitless archives. This was not the first time the young warrior had been thrust into such a situation, but the presence of this particular individual still baffled him.

Artemis ran a hand through his short black hair and sat in the remaining chair. Between the trio sat a small mahogany coffee table with an elegant porcelain tea set. Judicis poured a cup for each guest before lifting his own and sitting back in his seat. The trio sat encased by bookshelves filled with endless tomes, each representing the collections of any individual who had even grazed Judicis’ physical form. The shelves climbed as high as the eye could see, disappearing into a black void with no ceiling in sight.

“I’ll never get tired of this lovely study of yours, Judicis. Your elegant tastes leave me feeling so at ease. And your beautiful collection continues to grow!” Davian commented politely. Judicis gave a nod of appreciation and left it at that. The elf turned his attention back to the young man across from him and began seriously. “Artemis, I have a favor to ask of you. Truly I think you’re the only one I can trust with such a matter.”

“What is happening?” was all the young man could say in reply.
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-21-16 at 10:25 AM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Davian looked at Artemis with a gravity and concern that seemed almost out of place on the face of a man of such power. “Artemis, I need your help.”

Artemis shook his head in disbelief. “Lord Davian, I mean no disrespect, but not only do I not know you, but from what is said of you and the Dragon Council, what could someone like me possibly have to offer?”

“What do you know of the Dragon Council?” Davian countered, lifting the porcelain of his tea cup and sipping quietly.

“Well,” Artemis began, lowering his gaze to the elegant plush carpet, “they say that the Dragon Council are ancient sorcerers and sorceresses. They say you show up once a year in a major city of Althanas at random as a show of power, to remind people that you are all present and watching. They say you are some of the most powerful beings living today and that you don’t meddle in the politics of the world unless absolutely necessary.”

“And how much of that do you believe?” the elf asked. Artemis lifted his gaze and noticed a smirk on Judicis’ face, but the old man quickly covered it up by sipping at his own cup of tea.

“I’m not sure I understand the question,” was all Artemis could reply.

Davian set his tea down and rose to his feet, taking a few steps to one of the many bookcases and running his hands along the rough leather bindings of the endless tomes. “Throughout the world and history itself there are countless stories. Many evolve over time, and the story of the Dragon Council is missing pieces the way fragments of a memory are lost over time – that is, unless Judicis has the memory.” Davian smiled as he turned his gaze back to the old man sitting among them quietly. “Judicis is one of the few who will know the true story, and now I am going to tell you who we are in good faith, and in the hope that I can garner your trust for the task at hand.” The elf sighed and turned to face Artemis once more.

“The Dragon Council are not elven; we are all dragons in the truest sense. I am an ancient golden dragon, and my brothers and sisters are all either gold or silver dragons themselves. We take on the form of elves as it is less conspicuous, but we hide in plain sight behind our name and our mark. We watch over the mortal races in the hope of protecting them from their own folly, but it is difficult. And often times, we find ourselves in disagreement regarding where to step in and where to stay out.”

Artemis looked over to Judicis, as though expecting the old man to be similarly shocked or confused by such an absurd story. Of course, it was clear this was not a joke and that Judicis, as Artemis should have known, knew the truth. “And when exactly was the last time you intervened?” Artemis asked. “I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but there has been quite a lot of war going on of late. I’ve seen it with my own eyes and I’m not exactly a fan of the mass death.”

Artemis immediately felt guilty with the comment as he saw the pain on Davian’s face. “I admit, we have sat back and watched many lose their lives. The council, as a whole, leaves wars among mortals alone. The purpose of the council is instead to monitor for actions that may harm the balance of the planet as a whole, or the plane, or other planes; the damage must be of enormous scale for us to intervene.”

Artemis shifted uncomfortably in his seat, not letting his eyes leave Davian’s own. “And yet here you are asking for my help. With what, and why?”

Davian let out a heavy sigh and returned to his seat, taking a another sip of tea before speaking once more. “Truthfully, the answer has many layers. The why is easier to answer: because I trust you. The reason I trust you is because I trust Judicis, and Judicis trusts you. I am quite familiar with his magic and you would not be so closely tied to him and as powerful as you are without a strong moral guide. The what . . . Judicis, would you mind? I feel you know him better and may be more likely to convince him to help. You know all the details.” Davian lowered his cup as Judicis did the same, with the former placing his hands in his lap and the latter switching which leg he had crossed.

“I suppose I can do my part,” Judicis began, his rough accented voice a distinct shift from the deep and low voice of Davian. “In short, there is a man in northern Salvar by the name of Lord Krysteave. He has been seeking out a relic that is quite powerful. The Dragon Council don’t feel the threat to be worth pursuing, but Lord Davian knows the information to be accurate and is thus concerned.”

“It’s fine, Judicis, you can use my true name. No need to lie to the boy for my sake.” Davian smiled gently at Judicis.

“Thank you, Graxis.” Judicis returned the smile before bringing his attention back to Artemis. It was only then that Artemis realized that both figures across from him had white hair and silver eyes. “And to answer your question Artemis, yes, much of my appearance is closely linked with Graxis; he and I worked together for many years, though I was less weapon and more advisor to him.” He chuckled softly, as if reflecting on the memory. Artemis sometimes forgot that Judicis had complete access to all of his thoughts at all times. Judicis continued as Graxis stood once more and began browsing the shelves.

“The artifact Lord Krysteave seeks has the potential to mask very large areas and effectively make them impossible to notice, and though this could be used beneficially as a method of protection, it could also be used as a tool for sinister devices. Given the behavior of this lord and the actions he has taken against his own people and kingdom, it is quite easy to deduce the latter more likely than the former.”

“And my job is what, to stop this guy?” Artemis interjected.

“More or less,” Graxis said, taking a particular tome off a shelf. Artemis looked on curiously, taking advantage of his ocular ability to zoom in on the binding. Along the spine of the dark blue tome, golden letters inscribed the name Graxis deep into the leather. “You know Judicis, I wonder how much of my own life I’ve forgotten that you still have tucked away between these pages.”

“Given your age, Graxis, I’d wager quite a bit,” Judicis replied.

“Artemis, I may not know you as well as Judicis, but I’d like to think you’re a man who would like to prevent harm before it is committed. I don’t have a script for you to follow regarding this man. Whether you want to stop him gently, whether the cost is his life, or whether you simply seize the artifact before he does – the means matter less to me than the outcome. The world cannot afford to have this artifact fall into the hands of this man. The power of the lost civilization that he chases is beyond what much of the modern world is capable of; it is better that these artifacts remain lost. Either that, or in the hands of those whose hearts are guided by virtue, as yours is.”

“I’m just a blacksmith, Graxis. I’m no hero. I’m just a guy who works metal, spends time with his friends, family, and beloved. You’re throwing me into something that I’d rather not deal with if I’m honest.”

Graxis nodded slowly. “I can understand that, and I’m sorry for asking this of you. I have no other options. But I do think you underestimate what you’re capable of. You are only beginning to understand your potential.”

Artemis stood, walking over to where Graxis stood. “Even if that’s true, what exactly makes this man so bad? What makes him any worse than all the other selfish men of our world?”

Graxis returned the stern look with a sad smile. “I will let you answer that on your own. My magic can teleport you close enough to the kingdom that you can approach at your own pace. See for yourself what he has done to his people, and decide from there. If you don’t feel he is a risk, then you can go home and forget this meeting ever occurred. I can only hope you choose to aid me, as I have no other options.”

The offer seemed simple enough, so Artemis smiled cautiously. “Fine, I can agree to that. But one last question: why did you paralyze me before you approached me? If you trust me and you know me, why bother?”

“I didn’t want you to say my name, even quietly. I can’t have there be any evidence connecting us. This is not approved by the council; I am acting on my own behalf.”

Artemis hesitated, seconds passing between the two men as the young warrior reflected on all that transpired. “Fine, if I opt out I’ll leave, and if I decide to help you’ll hear from me again. Just tell me how to find you.” Artemis completed the statement and the world of Judicis faded away. The two men stood apart from one another as they were a moment before, though now back in the cavern. Graxis gestured with his hands quickly while his lips moved silently, gifting Artemis freedom of movement once more. The casting continued and the duo felt the familiar sensation of their essence tugged along as they traveled across the plane instantaneously.

In a brief moment, Artemis found himself standing beside the elven sorcerer far north of his home in Knife’s Edge, much closer to the border of Berevar than he’d ever been before. He turned to Graxis, the elf's white hair dancing on the wind as his silver eyes met Artemis’ once more. “Take this; when you have made your decision, hold this stone and speak my true name once. Soon after, I will use the stone as an anchor to teleport you to my home where we will be able to speak privately. I hope virtue guides your path, Artemis.”

With another brief gesture of his hands, the elf was gone, leaving Artemis alone and with a decision to make.
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-21-16 at 10:26 AM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

A kilometer north stood what could only be described as a fortress. An unbelievably massive wall spanned the distance as far as the eye could see; it traced a line from the northwest where the mountain range erupted from the landscape and crawled along the border to a large lake to the east.

“I know where we are,” Artemis said softly. “This is the gate to the Kalev Highlands. This is the kingdom of Andvall.”

’It is,’ Judicis confirmed. ’This is the kingdom where our lord rules, and that keep is the place he calls home.’

Artemis turned his gaze beyond the wall to an even more impressive structure, using his enhanced hawk-eyed vision to examine the seven-story monstrosity. The architecture resembled an hourglass with an exceptionally wide center; a quartet of pillars acted as support for the elegant design. The limited access to the higher floors likely served as a defensive advantage to ensure that the leaders remained secure at the top. A trio of walls surrounded the keep adding layers of protection beyond the massive barrier splitting the region from the rest of Salvar.

“Quite the stronghold he’s built up. What exactly is he afraid will happen?” Artemis chuckled from atop the hillock and walked toward the gate that would grant access to the kingdom of Andvall. “Do you think they’ll just let me in?”

’Hard to say. My memories of this region date back quite some time. Perhaps Regis would know more, as he is quite in tune with the movement of information.’

“Not a bad idea,” Artemis agreed. His steps crunched softly on the fresh snow that blanketed the region, with naked trees and camouflaged stones littering the landscape. The warm season had peaked, but this far north even that meant a bit of snowfall here and there. Still, the breeze felt warm and tasted of flowers somewhere off in the distance. Not as lovely as the heat of the forge back home in Knife's Edge, but pleasant all the same.

As he casually made his way, he decided he’d reach out to his old friend of Underwood for a conversation. “Initus Regis,” he said aloud, activating the magic of his obsidian earring. Seconds passed as he ambled along before the familiar voice of the old librarian rang through his mind.

“Artemis, how are you lad? It’s been ages since we’ve spoken!” The man sounded lively for a man nearing sixties and full of energy. Being the middle of the day, that surprised Artemis little, as there was work to be done.

“Regis, it’s good to hear your voice! I have a few questions and was hoping you could help me out. I’m on a bit of a mission and I find myself quite a way north of you. Do you have a moment for visual conveyance?”

“Of course, just give me a moment so I can find a place to sit down. I was just putting some books away that had been returned recently.” Artemis smiled at the image, vividly remembering the majestic library where Regis served The Keeper. “There, now I’m ready for you. What have you got for me?”

Artemis turned on the visual aspect of his magic, allowing the librarian to see exactly what Artemis saw. “Look familiar?”

“My goodness, what would bring you to the Hold of Hamorearm?”

“So you know it?” Artemis asked. “I was wondering how up-to-date you are on the workings of the region. I need to get past that gate to do a bit of investigative work, but I worry I’ll stand out a bit. Any ideas?”

Artemis heard Regis chuckle on the other end. “Though you’re quite the sight my dear boy, you’re approaching a gate that sees more traffic than the Radasanth Market. This gateway serves as passage to the entire Andvall kingdom and all its small towns and tribes, orcs included. I expect they’ll ask your name and purpose as any other place would.”

“Anything I should know? I am in need of some information on the way the region has been operating and Lord . . . Krysteave was it?”

“Yes,” the librarian confirmed, “Lord Krysteave Hamorearm is the current lord of the keep. Though I have heard whispers he isn’t the nicest man, not to mention he seems almost . . . not fully present at times, so to speak.”

Artemis’ steps slowed, his interest piqued. “Tell me more.”

“Well, the man has supposedly turned his land into a militaristic domain. Granted, all I have heard are whispers and stories – being this far removed doesn’t provoke the utmost faith in what I hear and read. He’s been obsessed with chasing after some ancient artifact, even if it means taxing his people to the verge of death. Needless to say, you won’t be surrounded by a land of luxury when you pass through those gates.”

Artemis let the information swirl through his mind. Graxis had implied plenty without clarifying anything. “Funny you mention that; I’m under the impression that he’s found it.” Artemis broke the visual connection so that the two men could just speak, and as he did a moment of silence filled the empty space.

“Artemis, I’m not sure I understand.” Regis’ voice had turned quieter, as though a seriousness washed over him that had come uninvited.

“The artifact. I think he found it – or at least, found where it is and intends to go get it.”

“Well . . .” the librarian paused, “if that’s the case then I think I have someone who could help. There’s a woman by the name of Nevette Adylon.”

“Do you know this woman?” Artemis asked skeptically. “You aren’t exactly a world-traveler. What makes you think she’d be here?”

Regis’ voice regained some of its levity. “She’ll be there; she’s always there. In fact it’d likely be more accurate to say she’ll find you. Ah! Artemis, someone has just walked in. We'll have to part for now. Let me know if you need anything more, but I trust you’ll be ok!”

"Terminus," Artemis said, closing the connection with his friend just as he finally approached the gate. “Well, let’s go be found then, whatever that means.”
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-21-16 at 10:27 AM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

The wall stood near four stories tall made of large blocks of stone melded together flawlessly by magic. A gate of dark and rich wood reinforced by bar after bar of dehlar had been raised just enough to allow carts to pass through.

“They certainly know how to send a message,” Artemis muttered softly.

Artemis approached the entrance. “Greetings,” a man clad in leather and chainmail shouted. His dark hair and beard complemented the white and gray tabard he man wore over his armor. A crest in the shape of a hammer over five interlocking stars centered on the garment. “Welcome to the Gate of Bordayllum, entrance to Southwatch and the Kingdom of Andvall. State your name and business.”

“Artemis Eburi, and I'm justpassing through. Hoping to resupply before heading north.” Artemis hoped the generic message was common enough given the traffic.

“Head on through. If you’re hungry, thirsty, tired, or looking to buy, pass through the outer gate of the hold.” He spoke with as little emotion as any man could, clearly scripted and repeating the same line nearly every hour of every day. He jotted down Artemis’ information in a small notebook and waved the man through. As Artemis passed, he noticed a dozen guardsmen working along the gate; one in particular stood with a scarlet tassel hanging from a shoulder and held a banner depicting the colors of white and black.

Once through the gate Artemis continued on toward the hold as instructed, thinking anything else would be suspicious. ‘That was easier than I expected,’ he thought. Given the proximity to others, the young warrior decided it was time to switch to communicating with Judicis via thought rather than speech; generally he preferred to talk simply because it felt more natural. ’So what do you know of the region? Anything I may find of value?’

’I would imagine not. I have no recent knowledge, but I can shed some light on the history of the region if you’d find it helpful,’ Judicis offered.

’Can’t hurt,’ Artemis replied. ’After all, it seems like we have some time while we walk the road to the hold anyway; may as well make use of it.’ Artemis guessed the stone pathway to the outer gate would take roughly twenty minutes.

’Very well. One thing to note that may still be applicable is that those local to the region were once referred to as highlanders and may still be so. Culturally speaking, a lowlander is the term for others of Salvar. It may get you in trouble if you misuse the terms, so be wary.’

’I take it that is in reference to the Kalev Highlands. Makes sense. But why exactly lowlanders for the rest? It can’t be an issue of altitude.’ Artemis grinned, not caring that he may very well look sociopathic if any stranger were to see his expressions shift while having an internal dialogue with another sentient entity.

’Hard for me to say, as none who I’ve crossed paths with have known the answer. Perhaps it is as simple as they think low of all the other lands.’ Judicis paused for a few moments and left Artemis to his thoughts.

The climate had almost immediately changed to comfortable, though truthfully all but his hands and head were exposed. Still he took a moment to appreciate the gentle caress of the warm wind against his face, like a mother consoling an anxious child.

Off in the distance, behind the protection of the keep, crops grew in nicely throughout the fields. He recognized some of the more familiar ones, including potatoes, cabbages, lettuce, spinach, as well as other greens; the fact that these crops were surviving this far north was nothing short of a miracle and not lost on the warrior. Artemis even noticed a particularly beautiful field of sunflowers growing a few kilometers away. The snow too seemed to remain on the other side of the wall, lending credence to his initial reaction.

Closer to the keep Artemis saw squads of troops wearing white and gray tabards like the men at the gate. They all looked to be training, reminding Artemis of what Regis had mentioned of the military state of affairs. On either side of the road that Artemis walked grew tall grass, as well as a series of strange ditches with thick muddy water connected throughout the landscape. Cattle and sheep grazed through the tall grass in both directions, painting a strange contrast with what one might expect so close to Berevar.

“I didn’t expect the climate shift to be so abrupt,” Artemis said quietly, comfortable speaking now that he traveled alone again. “I’ve heard of the effect these mountains have on the region, but this is beyond what I’d have imagined. Do you really think this is a purely natural effect?”

’From what I understand, it is. I’ve not heard of any magic influencing the region. Though a former Lord by the name of Arch Magus Erlingur Seolfor, also known as the Stormlord, could call terrible snow storms upon his enemies without warning. Aside from that, nothing sounds familiar.’

Artemis let his gaze drift further into the distance. Despite the expanse he could see the crescent of mountain ranges that hugged the perimeter of this exceptional region. There were clouds far to the north as well but he could not tell if they stopped before the mountains or not.

Artemis reflected as he walked, wondering what Judicis made of the situation. He knew the whole story had been deposited by Graxis into those endless archives. He realized then that he could probably intuit that Judicis was in favor the journey, given that he would have likely voiced his opposition otherwise. As he had the thought, he felt Judicis’ gratitude slip through, as though relieved he wouldn’t have to explicitly say anything on the matter. Still, Artemis hadn’t seen enough to feel concerned. On the contrary, everything seemed quite normal – for now.
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-21-16 at 10:28 AM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

The rest of the walk passed quickly, as well as the entry to the outermost gate of the keep. Much like before, guards stood watch while they noted Artemis’ information and ushered him along. This gate was less imposing though still formidable with about a story and a half of equally fine black stone construction.

Once through the area opened up into an actual town proper, though the notion that there were few luxuries seemed an understatement. As Artemis explored the market district – if it could really be called that – he noticed that most everyone wore very simple garb of wool, usually dull in color and worn to the point of being threadbare at times. The shops sold only practical goods and if there were any passing merchants, they didn’t bother set up shop unless knew their wares were of pragmatic need for the citizens.

The strange scents of farmland mingling with sewage and topped with flowers, as tangy and abrasive an odor as Artemis had ever smelled, made itself known whether one wanted it or not. The roads were stone, muddy and worn, creating a simple grid-like web that allowed the citizens of this kingdom to move around efficiently.

It had started to seem that efficiency was the central pillar upon which this had all been constructed. Artemis started to notice the somber mood of the people. Smiles were exceptionally rare among the folk here. There looked to be a few thousand that called the area home, but barely any seemed to feel at home. As he walked, he decided to take a long and lazy lap around the town using the walls that encased him as guides. He hoped that his observations may help in his decision, and truth be told it would have been difficult to ignore the state of affairs. Had the climate not been so kind the people would have surely frozen to death.

Artemis’ heart started to well with compassion, and though he had not yet seen anything that could be deemed blatantly wrong or sinister, he could sense the mood of the population as though he were swimming in their gloom. This was not a life worth living – these people just happened to be alive.

He was pulled from his thoughts when he spotted a man leaning up against a building, one hand on his belly and one propped up against the wall as he heaved up whatever his stomach desperately rejected. People seemed not to notice as the man wiped stray bits from his dark brown beard, but Artemis decided to walk over. "Are you okay?" he asked the man, gently placing a hand on his back. The man looked up confused, as though suffering from deliria. His face looked pale and his eyes almost glossed over and lifeless. Clearly the man suffered from an illness of some kind. Artemis pulled a dozen gold pieces from a pouch he carried with him, offering them to the man. "Here, see an apothecary, get yourself some medicine. You look dreadful." The man looked down at the coin and then back at Artemis with wild eyes, pushing off the building and moving away from Artemis with a surprising urgency. He never even gestured toward the coin and only chanced an anxious glance back at the young man once he had moved at least a dozen yards out. Artemis stood confused, brushing off the reaction as a result of his illness.

Not long after while Artemis continued his roaming he noted a building that contrasted the wooden construction that had peppered the area. Tucked against the outer wall stood a structure made of the same black stone as the fortifications, and unlike everything else that the man had seen, the signs of elegant design finally showed themselves. Standing barely lower than the height of the wall, its peaks descended into long and fine eaves to allow the snow to slide off easily. Beneath the eaves stood six beautifully carved pillars acting as supports, each in the likeness of a Thayne of the pantheon – including the often avoided N’jal, the Thayne that had fallen to dark forces and corruption.

Living in Knife’s Edge had meant constantly being surrounded by the preaching of the Church of Ethereal Sway. And though Artemis was a world-traveler, even the churches dedicated to the Thayne were not often as openly expressive. Clearly this kingdom did have some advantages, or at least that’s how Artemis interpreted the church's architecture. Curiosity took hold of the young man and led him toward the entryway. Gardens flanked the church and explained the floral scent that lingered in the air. Artemis paused for a moment and caressed the petals of a purple daisy; its color reminded him of his beloved, a dark elf by the name of Jay.

He stood and walked up the steps and into the church where he was greeted by a large open area of worship. Any craftsman would easily see that this sanctuary was established with the utmost skill and attention. Every piece of furniture, every wall, every stone beneath his feet showed care the likes of which Artemis knew and could very much appreciate. The benches that covered much of the central area were not of a particularly luxurious wood, but their construction would last decades without question. Beams of light poured through windows and slits in the stone wall, drawing crisp shapes across the floors and walls. Artemis took a seat close to a statue of Khal’Jaren and turned his attention inward.

’I’m not sure how I feel about all of this, Judicis,’ Artemis thought to his sentient friend. ’I can’t decide whether this is just their way of life or if there is misery in the air. My intuition tells me it’s the latter and you know how I feel about my intuition.’

’You know where I stand on the matter, Artemis. And I expect the longer you find yourself within these walls, the more certain you will be of your position. You still have time. Maybe we should seek out the ally Regis suggested; the woman named Nevette.’

’Perhaps you are right. Maybe someone nearby knows of her. I imagine people are familiar with one another in this kingdom; though I must admit they don’t seem to be that sociable around here.’ Artemis paused, lowering his gaze and feeling a swell of emotion wash over him. His chest began to feel like a swarm of insects buzzed in the hope of escape. ’Judicis . . . these people . . . it’s like they all look like me from a few years ago.’

Artemis could feel the consolatory energy of Judicis. The memory had come at him so abruptly. Flashes of the conflict that had erupted with his father, followed by the cliché of the child running away from home. It was one of the best choices he could have made, but the emotional scars he’d suffered since seemed to linger despite how much healing he’d experienced. After all, fleeing his home in Corone is what brought him to Salvar – to Knife’s Edge – and to meeting so many of his dearest friends. Judicis too was a consequence of his first adventure in the north.

The pain, betrayal, and isolation he had felt could still sting as strongly as if it were still fresh. These people reflected his past in a way that became harder and harder to swallow with every vacant expression and betrayed gaze.

Artemis suddenly felt a hand upon his shoulder, pulling him out of his reverie. He turned and looked upon a face of elegant splendor. Her dark chestnut hair framed her face as though she were a Thayne herself. With simple dark brown garb, she could have been just another citizen of the kingdom; but her eyes seemed almost prismatic, shifting with power and knowledge. They looked as dark as the night sky, littered with the smallest flakes of starlight.

“You must be Artemis,” her voice said sweetly. “My name is Nevette.”
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-20-16 at 12:02 PM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Artemis sat frozen for a moment, unsure how to react. It had been quite some time since he had felt truly speechless, and the reaction was due to more than just her beauty. This woman exuded power that seemed hard to explain. She smiled gently, as though understanding his hesitation. “I know you were expecting me to find you. Please, let’s find a place to talk in private; I think I may be of help to your endeavor.”

Still confused, Artemis rose from his seat preparing to follow the woman. As she began to walk away, he looked over at the statue of Khal’Jaren that he had sat beside, feeling a strange comfort in its presence. He shook off the sensation, feeling more and more unlike himself with each passing moment, and caught up with the woman.

“So how did you find me so quickly?” Artemis asked, trailing the woman just barely.

“I’ll answer all of your questions soon. For now, let’s find a place far from the little birds of the land.” She turned and gave him another smile before continuing on. Artemis didn’t know what birds had to do with anything but simply let it go, following the woman. He also couldn’t understand what more privacy she could want, as they were the only two in the church.

’Something feels . . . different about this woman.’ Artemis shared his concern with Judicis.

’I sense quite a bit of magical potential with her. It is likely she is far more powerful than she seems.’

’That much seems clear,’ Artemis thought to himself, though he knew Judicis would hear.

The pair continued out the church and on toward the gate to the second wall, which they passed through without any questioning. The guards simply nodded in acknowledgement of Nevette and her guest and let her be. Once through they continued on in silence at an incline while Artemis took in what details he could during the quick journey.

The area between the second and inner wall vastly differed from the outer region. Here barracks and storage buildings formed into massive long houses, their dull brown brick and gray slate stone dotting the muddy turf. There were no amenities in sight beyond the absolutely necessary, and where smiles were few and far between in the township, here they were absent entirely. The gate to the inner wall again proved no issue for Nevette as they passed along. Once within the final line of defense, all that remained on these grounds were the servants’ quarters and the keep itself.

Artemis tried to mentally prepare, realizing that he had trusted a stranger. He followed this woman blindly, walking into the most well defended area for many miles, which truthfully could be a trap that would get him killed. Worse still, as they walked in, Artemis struggled to trace the route the pair took. Each door seemed to be equipped with bolts and bars, showing every passage could be thoroughly secured in a moment’s notice. They also passed a handful of times through what must have been teleportation portals of some kind; a prismatic membrane would appear within a doorway and the two would find themselves in another hallway. The process made it impossible for Artemis to know the way, especially if he ever wanted to find his way out.

After what truly felt like a lifetime of walking in silence since leaving the church, they finally arrived in a beautifully decorated bedchamber. Elegant and luxurious tapestries hung against large stone walls, adding vibrancy within a kingdom that exuded anything but. Rich velvet curtains of burgundy tied with golden ropes hugged the large windows, from which one could see the marvelous structure of the wall that split the Kalev Highlands from the rest of Salvar. A remarkably hand-crafted liviol desk of a similar color stood in the center of the room, a few meters from a four-post bed clearly made by the same craftsman with a collection of plush pillows and sheets.

“There, now we can speak. Jacob?” Nevette called. As she did a man standing by the window turned to face the pair. He stood nearly six feet tall and wore military regalia of the highest quality with two silver tassels hanging from a shoulder. He stood with dignity, hands behind his back and posture the likes of which every mother wishes for her child. His head had been cleanly shaven, though he sported a goatee of rich brown littered with grays.

“So is this the one you told me of, Nevette?” the man asked. She replied with a smile and a nod. “It is truly a pleasure to meet you, Artemis Eburi. My name is Sir Jacob Hamorearm, acting lord of the keep in my brother’s absence, Lord Krysteave Hamorearm.” He extended a hand to introduce himself which Artemis met with the slightest hesitation. “Ah, yes. You wouldn’t know my relationship with him. And given your mission, you might think me an enemy. I suppose that means we should enlighten you. The most important thing, and what we should begin with, is that we are here to help. We must stop my brother at all costs.”
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-20-16 at 03:12 PM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Artemis’ eyes narrowed in suspicion. The woman he trusted at least somewhat, though for reasons he struggled to articulate; the brother however seemed difficult to sort out. “Is this one of those ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’ sort of things here? And why exactly would you want to stop your brother?”

The soldier looked away for a moment, his face shifting from a half forced smile to a look of reflection. “What do you do when faced with a choice between the fate of your family and the fate of a kingdom?” As he asked he looked up at Artemis, as though he honestly meant the question to be answered.

Artemis matched his sad expression, sensing the pain in his eyes. “I don’t know,” he admitted. “I suppose I’ve never been in such a position.”

The man nodded slowly, his brow furrowed as though in the slightest envy. “I had hoped to never be as well, yet here I am. When father died, Krysteave took the Lordship. It was a sad time, but also a proud time, as we continued to rule our kingdom. However, soon after father’s passing, mother became ill. Her mind began to deteriorate, forcing us to slowly watch as she vanished from us while her body remained. As the process unfolded, she began to ramble on about this artifact – a bedtime tale our family has passed down through generations. Krysteave could not take her loss, and his sanity began to flee as hers had. Yet his was not an illness of the body as much an illness of the heart. Unfortunately, no matter our efforts, we lost him to the darkness of madness.”

A moment of silence passed before Nevette interjected. “The short answer here is that we believe that Krysteave is a danger to himself and many others, and it seems our efforts to stop him with reason have long gone unheard.” She walked over to the elegant desk and sat upon it with a light hop.

“Even if that’s true, why involve me?” Artemis asked. “How did you know I was coming, or who I was? How can you trust me, or I trust you? And even if we put all that aside, how do we even help each other exactly?”

“One at a time,” Nevette smiled, gently patting the air as though to settle the young man. “I’m the one who foresaw your coming; I have what some call prescient vision, or perhaps divination. I won’t get into the details, but it allows me to see into the future – or rather, possible futures. It told me you were coming and some other . . . basic details.”

“Regardless,” the soldier interrupted, taking a deep breath before continuing. “We need to stop my brother from finding this artifact.” Artemis looked at the man with confusion and suspicion. “Oh enough!” he said with agitation. “She just told you she can see the future and we’ve already discussed plenty of details before your arrival. You’ll have to trust us!”

Artemis shook his head. “It’s difficult to trust strangers you’ve known for minutes. And if the only reason you trust me is because you know things about me that I haven’t told you, then it’s only fair we trade.” He lifted his left arm out, looking the man in the eye. “Shake hands and assure your sincerity, then I’ll know whether or not I can trust you.”

The man stepped forward with pursed lips and placed his hand on Artemis’ forearm. “Now what?” he asked, his gray eyes looking into Artemis’ piercing blue. Artemis smiled, placing his right hand against the man’s forearm and positioning Judicis so that he could graze the man’s skin.

“Now her,” Artemis replied as he released his grip, turning his attention to the woman sitting on the desk. The soldier turned to face her. Seconds passed, seeming like a lifetime for the trio in the room, but she finally stood with a shrug and glided over elegantly to the pair of men. The soldier stepped aside and allowed the woman to move in front of Artemis. She gave him a sly smile and then paused for a moment before letting her hand gently fall upon his forearm, almost caressing Artemis’ wrist.

“Now, can we focus on the task at hand?” she asked sweetly. She let go and returned to her seat on the desk, crossing her legs and fixing the brown dress she wore. Thankfully, she had grazed Judicis of her own volition. She pulled a sprig of lavender out of a small bouquet that sat in the center of the desk, fiddling with it in her hands. Artemis hadn't noticed before but now the sweet scent of the flower distracted him. His mind wandered to the thought of Jay once again, the smell reminiscient of her silver hair.

Seconds passed before his attention snapped back to the moment as he heard the acknowledgment he’d been waiting for. ’You may trust them,’ the sentient voice whispered. With the bizarre introductions out of the way, Artemis smiled warmly. “So what’s the plan?”

“First let’s start with what we know,” Nevette began. “Many artifacts remain scattered across Salvar and Berevar that once belonged to a now lost civilization. Their magical and technological creations continue to outlast them. The one we’re interested in is located not too far from where we are.” She walked over to a large window, enticing Artemis to join by pointing toward the north. “If you look there, off in the distance beneath the stormy clouds, you will find the tallest mountain among the crescent ridge that encompasses our region. That mountain, known as Mount Rutherglen, is a former home of these lost folk and the current location of the item Krysteave seeks.”

“That seems rather straightforward. Why is this only becoming an issue now?” Artemis asked.

“Because he has finally found the way in,” Jacob replied. He had joined the pair at the window, looking over their shoulders at the mountain. Artemis turned, expecting an explanation. “These lost people did not want to be found. As you may know, the power of this artifact lies with its ability to conceal. And so it has remained concealed - until now.”

“That’s certainly the simplified version,” Nevette added with a sigh. “What I find strange is that I don’t think his idea will work, but we can’t risk the possibility. Even still, his attempt to broach the field could cause a reaction that leads to quite a bit of destruction.”

“You’ll need to enlighten me here,” Artemis said, walking back to the desk. His gaze traced the elegant pattern upon the rug, just then noticing the massive sigil beneath them that resembled the one the soldiers wore.

“The reason it has remained hidden so long is because the city . . . hmm I'm not quite sure how to say this without sounding absurd but . . . is both there and not there simultaneously. It exists almost in a limbo between planes – though that’s not entirely accurate either, I’m not sure how else to put it. Imagine being able to walk through a cavern, fully believing you are in the cavern, but you’re actually simultaneously in the heart of a bustling city. You could very well be occupying the same space as another living being within that city, and yet neither of you would know. You are both in the cave, you are both in the city, yet neither of you are in either location.” Nevette turned from the window to look back at Artemis once more and saw both men staring at her in utter confusion.

“I told you they were well ahead of their time,” she added, almost flustered. “If Krysteave meddles with that delicate balance, there’s no telling what it will do to Althanas. Would it create a tear in The Tap? Would it shred the plane into pieces? Would it explode and wipe out our kingdom, or more? I don’t know the answer to any of these questions, but neither do I want to. And we need you to stop this from happening.”

The soldier walked over to Artemis, his boots silent upon the rug, and placed a hand on the man’s shoulder. “I don’t hate my brother, but in a way, he is not the brother I once knew and loved. I don’t wish him ill, but he must be stopped. From what Nevette tells me, you’re a man who I can trust with this mission and with making a choice regarding Krysteave’s fate. All I ask is that if you must end his life, be merciful.”

Artemis returned the gesture, placing his opposite hand upon the soldier’s shoulder as well. “I’m sorry for what you’re going through, truly. But I still don’t know how I am to stop this.”

“I think the best place to start is the mountain,” Nevette added as the men released one another. “I can teleport you to the northern side of Mount Rutherglen. From there you’ll have to find your way.”

“Where do I even begin?” Artemis asked, turning his gaze to the woman once more.

“Look for signs that hint to the civilization – clues that you are close to something made by sentient life. Trust your instinct, and see if you can track Krysteave.” He stared at her as though her starry black eyes held the answer to all the secrets to the universe. Then, after a few deep breaths, he gave her a nod. He was ready.
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-21-16 at 03:16 PM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Not long after, Artemis stood on a peninsula of land on the northern side of Mount Rutherglen. The open terrain lay covered in a thick layer of snow and the bite of frosty wind assaulted Artemis’ exposed face and hands. This far north nothing stood between the man and the chill that rolled in along the landscape. It was like the world itself wanted nothing more than to buffet him with its merciless gales. Off in the distance he saw an endless line of white rolling hills – or at least they looked like hills this far off. He knew it to be the frozen wastes of Berevar off in the distance, watching him like vultures that wait for fools to die. He knew those mountains held more secrets than likely all the rest of Althanas combined, as so few ever dared venture there to find out; fewer still would survive that choice.

Artemis removed a mask and gloves from a pocket of his armor, the detachable pieces of his full-body suit. Covered head to toe in this marvelous gade cloth, a material his wizardly friend Daros had designed, prevented him from feeling the effects of the natural elements. Even Berevar's cold wouldn’t reach the young man’s skin. He knew he looked silly when he wore the full set, the silky yet stretchy material hugging every inch of his body, but sometimes pragmatism overrode vanity.

“So where do we start, Judicis?” Artemis said through his mask. “Nevette seemed to think that I’d find something here that hints at the lost civilization; a way in of some kind.”

’Perhaps start with high ground as we normally do. You may see something from up high, or even on your way up. We may even spot Lord Krysteave if we’re lucky. After all, this doesn’t seem like a well traveled area.’

“As good a plan as any,” Artemis agreed. He willed the magic of his boots to create a thin mesh on the sole to help his movement along the snow and then began a light jog toward the cliff side. Once there, he shifted the boots once more to a spiky and sticky surface as he prepared to scale the rock face.

Watching him climb would have been a strange sight for many, as Artemis was far from your average human. His magical birth by dovicarus magic left him with a remarkable set of attributes. He climbed quickly as he would kick off with his boots and send his body upward, then clasping the jagged edges and pulling himself up easily. It all seemed so simple, and all the while his breathing reflected that of someone casually reclining at home. Snow and ice covered many surfaces causing Artemis to slip on many occasions, but his reactions and recovery made them seem like nothing more than a minor inconvenience or annoyance. Where an average person might take hours Artemis reached the height of roughly five hundred meters in less than thirty minutes.

Once he found a stable ridge to stand upon he turned his gaze out to the vast landscape, overwhelmed by the frigid beauty he saw. Up above the dark clouds he’d seen earlier that day still loomed, threatening the landscape with a flogging of heavy snow. But below, as far as he could see, a blanket of white kept everything a secret from the world above. Off in the distance he could see the icy blue river that parted the continents of Berevar from Salvar, with countless floats of ice decorating its surface as though they were the flowers of a frozen garden. Looking out, he realized how impossible it would be to know how deep the snow had been beneath his feet when he’d arrived.

He looked around, his vision magnifying the landscape up to hundreds of times. He’d see a mouse scurry across the surface a mile out from this height. Thankfully, he didn’t need that level of detail. From the east he saw a trail of footprints of roughly four travelers that turned toward the mountain and vanished. “That seems almost too easy,” he said to no one in particular.

He began to scale the mountain sidelong, hopping from crag to cranny to crevice as he moved toward the footprints he’d seen.

’Artemis, I feel compelled to warn you,’ Judicis began. ’I feel something very strange as we move closer to those footprints you saw. As though an imbalance in magic or energy or something of the sort. I can’t quite place it, but it is unnerving.’ Given a moment to reflect, Artemis had to admit he felt something vaguely similar, though likely different from Judicis’ experience.

“Maybe it has to do with what Nevette mentioned,” Artemis replied, taking a moment to hop to another outcrop before continuing. “You know, the thing about broaching the field, maybe causing a rupture in the artifact’s magic.” Again he paused, sending his body eastward.

’Perhaps,’ Judicis confessed, ’though this feels like something else.’

“Well,” Artemis said, dropping down onto a flat piece of large granite, “we won’t have to wait long to find out, will we? Besides, things seemed to have been going our way so far. Hopefully our luck lasts.” He leaned out and looked below, trying to find the path that the small expedition had taken. He noticed their beaten steps winding up the mountainside and leading into a cavern. “Now let’s go see if they’ve found anything yet.”
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-20-16 at 03:48 PM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Hand of Virtue
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Not far from Artemis . . .

“This better work,” a man with an anxious voice said softly, wrapping himself tighter in the thick furs he wore.

“I’ve told you before to shut your damn mouth,” a harsh voice replied. “I don’t need that kind of negativity right now. We’ve made it this far and if this shit goes wrong, we’re likely all dead.”

A soothing voice joined the mix. “Now now, don’t you fret. I assure you this will work. My research, thanks to our marvelous benefactor, will finally come to fruition.” He straightened his robes, their dark black fabric rippling with grays of magical energy. He carried a wand, its tip lit to guide the way and illuminating his silky long brown hair.

“You say that all you want, Vulmon, but that doesn’t mean I believe you. This is too dangerous,” the anxious voice replied.

“I said shut up, Rutley! I’m sick of your shit. If you don’t want to stay then fucking turn back now and get out of our way. Just know that if you do, you aren’t getting a dime of the reward.” The man looked just as anxious, pulling a flask out of his heavy hide jacket and taking a swig before tucking it away. His black hair and beard were filthy and oily, like a man who hadn’t ever wanted to bathe.

The anxious man, Rutley, was the coward of the group no doubt, but his instinct to slip in and out of places made him a key asset for this trio of mercenaries. Vulmon, the wise elven wizard, led the crew, and left the muscle and dirty work to Derlas, a former pirate who learned to hate the sea.

Behind them all stood a man with a stern expression on his face. He wore fine furs and armor with a sigil of a hammer over five interlocking stars upon his chest, and his dark eyes showed an impatience that seemed to span generations. “No more words,” he said softly, though clearly with a hint of threat. “Let's get on with it. I’ve waited too long for this. The map points us just ahead.”

Artemis landed at the entry to the small cavern and realized that if he hadn’t followed the steps he’d have been hard pressed to notice this place. Given the massive size of such a mountain, looking for this entryway must have been like looking for a virgin in a brothel. As he walked in the light of the natural world dimmed, leaving Artemis blind. However, about fifteen meters in he started to notice what looked like light in the form of a soft white glow. Script etched into the finely carved walls seemed to be guiding the path. As Artemis looked closer, inspecting the fine lettering, his jaw dropped.

’This is mithril, he thought. ’They managed to write upon the walls in mithril. How could they do this? How could they keep mithril a liquid and then work with such fine detail?’

’As Nevette mentioned, Artemis, these folk were well ahead of their time. There’s no telling what secrets remain buried and hidden from the modern world, waiting to be rediscovered.’

Artemis shook his head in awe, touching the substance and feeling its gentle coolness. It was one of the most elegant and beautiful uses of metal he had ever witnessed. He traced his hand along the wall, using the script as a guide, and traveled deeper into the narrow cavern. With each step unease crept into his bones, his intuition warning him that something sinister was afoot. He moved silently, like a ghost among the shadows, as invisible as one could be given the circumstances.

He trod carefully upon the path, following the wet boot prints that lay ahead. He was close.

A voice traveled along toward Artemis’ ears, the sounds softly echoing against the elegant hallway. He moved carefully with his back against the wall following the gentle curve of the path, hoping to see more of the events unfold. When he finally got close, he saw four men standing together. An armored man mumbled under his breath, his hands weaving a spell as his eyes began to glow. His voice grew louder and Artemis began to realize he might be too late. Just as he stood straight, the man shouted the final incantation. The three beside him erupted in agony, their shrieks horrifying and brief, like men whose very souls were being torn away from them by force. A red mist formed at the hands of the caster which he threw further into the hall, striking something that wasn’t fully there and causing a rippling wave of force to rush outward.

Artemis was thrown back, landing prone. The scripture on the wall began to change in hue to an ominous red, transitioning quickly as though in abrupt warning. The cavern rumbled and growled angrily, and down the hall Artemis saw the man stand alone with three bodies at his feet.

“Oh no,” Artemis said softly under his breath.
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 06-17-16 at 01:21 PM.

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page

Solo Quests:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast