PDA

View Full Version : Wiki Development Open Beta

Max Dirks
01-24-2018, 03:38 PM
If you're contributing to the wiki development open beta, please use this thread to discuss system, organization, etc. issues. You can use the built in comment system to discuss content.

Max Dirks
01-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Don't forget, there's alot of content already made, found here: http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/forumdisplay.php?328-Althanas-Wiki

Yes, the template has the Raiaera Regional Information on it, but you can borrow the template from here: http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showwiki.php?title=Template

I'm open to any changes to the template given the page access system seems more streamlined in the new Vaultwiki.

Philomel
01-24-2018, 03:49 PM
I am happy volunteering to get all the main Raiaera pages over. :) I can post excatly what ones I do.

Max Dirks
01-24-2018, 04:04 PM
So I'm going to take away your abilities to make "areas" at the moment because I am unable to delete them or add subareas. It's back to support for me.

Philomel
01-30-2018, 02:46 AM
Where do we stand from here then, Tony, in enabling things to be transferred? Can we still do it, or is there a haitus because of the areas issue?

There was also a suggestion from someone in your suggestions thread that we could do an off-site one on a related website that provides a base for them? Sort of like a template I believe. Or would you like everything on this site?

Max Dirks
01-30-2018, 09:50 AM
I'd prefer to keep it onsite. MediaWiki is open source, so there's no need to create an Althanas Wikia or anything of that nature. MediaWiki can be integrated w/ vBulletin for SSO, though the free code is a bit outdated. Frankly, I'm likely going to purchase the full version of VaultWiki and go from there because it's fully integrated. Please wait for now.

Philomel
01-30-2018, 11:49 AM
Of course :)

Thanks for the information. One on site is a good idea to keep it altogether.

Max Dirks
02-02-2018, 01:07 PM
I caved and bought the full version. It's operational. Have at it.

Max Dirks
02-02-2018, 04:45 PM
This is helpful: http://www.althanas.com/world/wiki_index.php?title=Special:WikiCodeList

Max Dirks
02-13-2018, 12:02 PM
So I had to temporarily disable VW because its table code was overriding vB's table code. I'm working on a fix, but it might be a few days.

Max Dirks
02-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Problem fixed. You can now use normal tables, or what I've coded as vwtables which use that odd formatting.

Paladin_Lorenor
02-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Quick question Tony can anybody use the WIKI or is it only certain folks that can edit/add content? Just curious about how player content is going to work. I know in the past regions/races/religions have been added and I'm curious to know what is gonna be the current policies on this going forward. Your input would be appreciated, I intend to add information for my own character races and some other things at some point soon just wanted to clarify what the new rules on that were. Thanks!

Lye
02-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Anyone can add. The wiki is moreso a collection of lore both official canon and otherwise. I just threw up a post with some formatting people can use. It was from the old wiki. The tables don't render the same way, so head's up.

Max Dirks
02-14-2018, 05:01 PM
Lorenor, you can add whatever you want. Eventually, certain pages will get canon stamped and locked, but I'm not sure we're even remotely close to that stage yet.

Flamebird
02-14-2018, 10:13 PM
When posting a new wiki page (region style) what do I "treat this page as"? Thank you!

Lye
02-15-2018, 10:12 AM
Just a normal page. Don't check off book or template.

Flamebird
02-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Just a normal page. Don't check off book or template.

Thanks!

EDIT: One more question. Sorry if it's obvious, but where do I add the title?

Lye
02-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Title I think is either at the top or right under the body. I ran into an issue where it said "Corone" was already in use, so this wiki may conflict with 3.1 Wiki. Not sure.

FennWenn
05-24-2018, 09:56 PM
Hey, so I've been doing a bit of wiki work since I got back from TEH COLLEG, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in contributing a bit? I'm a-okay on getting relevant pages from oldwiki slowly edited up transferred one by one, but I'm running into some mindblocks trying to flesh out the ones that are... sparse.

Some pages that definitely need to be either created wholesale or expanded upon include both of the Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and the Nekojin.

Some other stuff to note too! If anyone feels inspired to develop full-pages for any of the brief Bestiary entries, that'd be neato. I know that Gum had a lot of Dheathain stuff in oldwiki I haven't gotten to, also, that could be fitted into newwiki if anyone's interested enough in that before I get around to it. Also, Regions are also something I am not as well-versed in, and am a little afraid to touch, so anyone who'd like to get them set up is also way welcome to do so!

*wiki matriarch slinks out with a fistful of pages to work on in her hands*

P.S. HOLY SHIZZ it is cool how post text that mentions wiki pages automatically links to the wiki, makes things super easy to find when they're brought up, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yvonne
05-25-2018, 01:19 AM
I've been looking for ways ta help around here Fenn, so I happily (cautiously) pop my hand up ta support ye (and brace for inevitable wiki workload bludgeoning impact!) ;)

It really be no wonder why I've got me eye on those dark elves and dwarves. Orcs I may be able ta take a gander at too, but Nekojin be out of me league. A race wiki page about Nekojin from Yvonne would go something like cute mysterious creature, with fluffy ears and tail! More information coming soon as it be discovered!

Serious face, I got yer back Mister Fennik.

FennWenn
05-25-2018, 07:00 AM
It really be no wonder why I've got me eye on those dark elves and dwarves. Orcs I may be able ta take a gander at too, but Nekojin be out of me league. A race wiki page about Nekojin from Yvonne would go something like cute mysterious creature, with fluffy ears and tail! More information coming soon as it be discovered!

Yee, great! Don’t worry too much about the workload; this is all voluntary and in-the-works, so if you do have to drop something, it’s okay to paste whatever you have to the wiki with a note explaining that it needs more love. ^_^

FennWenn
06-25-2018, 02:09 PM
announcemant; this is a friendly reminder

the wiki is a thing that exists here

wiki with me

Yvonne
06-25-2018, 06:24 PM
*Salutes Fenn in his sign language: "Will do boss!"*