PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to RP?

Flamebird
02-24-2018, 03:55 PM
Ello,

I'm kind of tired of meagerly grinding for rewards VIA poorly written solo's with no significant character development. I want to write and RP with other players and get some meaningful character development, for my or someone else's character, done. I absolutely will not participate in Rated Aur/ Mature threads...

So... who wants to RP? Anybody?

My characters are:
- Hanuh (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1095-Hanuh-Toivonen-Level-I) Just approved! :D She time travelled from the future to stop a criminal mastermind who, in present time, is just another crook. Direction desperately needed RP-wise. She is a more traditionalist, mature, down to earth person. Was raised in a lonely, secluded luxury. Her themes are running from your problems, daddy issues, growing up?
- Felicity (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?748): An alchemist's experiment, discriminated neanderthal child, alchemist herself, little ragechild. Currently my favorite character to play. She has anger issues, loves to learn about magic and science, generally likes to explore the world, and lives to help other people. She miiiiiight have mild PTSD from her recent past. Her themes include self improvement, dealing with emotions, learning, magic and science and how they should work together, being a hero, having the worst mentors possible (aside the blood alchemist brother figure, he's awesome), altruism.
- Ashla (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?38): Hot headed ice mage, former murderer in the name of justice. Very emotional. My oldest character, but least favorite to play currently. Major themes currently include redemption, broken moralities, psychological stuff, powerhunger, the deliciousness of apples. In terms of story, she's trying to find her feet again, is running from the law, trying to redeem herself, and will be joining a government group aimed at "rehabilitating" (and weaponising until they've served their sentence, a mad psychologist obsessed with how criminal minds work is also involved) former criminals. I don't know whether I want to kill her or not.

Philomel
02-24-2018, 05:53 PM
I'm up for it! We have our battle too to finish.

I will put up more of a detailed list of my characters in a mo when on my laptop.

Placeholder

Zack Blaze
02-24-2018, 08:04 PM
I might be interested in helping Ashla gain a redemption arc/find a purpose in her aggression.

Yvonne
02-24-2018, 08:18 PM
I'm quite open to writing with others. It's easier to move plots along and keeps it interesting, seeing how others respond to your writing. Writing solo is hard work in my opinion.

I'd be willing to write with you, if you'll have me about.

Yvonne is the only character I have at the moment naturally, so if she doesn't fit your story that is entirely understandable.

Her themes are dealing with racism, knowledge is power, time is money, overcoming adversity, drugs are bad, helping the less fortunate, punishing the wicked, the ends justify the means and war decides who's left, not right among others.

My first impression is that Hanuh would be a fascinating character for Yvonne to meet. They would clash in some respects, Yvonne has a phobia of magic so that would be hilarious. She also tends to confront her problems while Hanuh avoids them until a better opportunity comes along, so the mix would be curious.

I was going to begin a caravan-centric thread soon, on-the-move, leaving Yvonne's home behind. Maybe you had some ideas of your own? I'd be interested to know which of your characters you think would work well with my grey dwarf.

Perhaps Philomel can tie us all together into a trio, because otherwise one of us is going to go this way and the other is going to go that-a-way, haha.

Flamebird
02-24-2018, 09:09 PM
I'd love to RP with you, Phi! :)

Hey, Sei! I do remember that Blaze and Ashla didn't seem to like each other xD And I'm still sorry for that bunny years ago... I'm open to ideas! Just seeing an old enemy again would put her on edge. If I remember right though, Zack was just out to insult her for entertainment?

Yvonne, it would be funny to see Hanuh and Yvonne get along. Ironically, Hanuh isn't as obsessed with her powers as my other characters. Unlike her mommy (Ashla), Hanuh doesn't see her powers as unique and that they make her a "special snowflake", if you will. Hanuh just sees her powers as one of many potential tools, also relying on skills, martial arts, and the mind. I actually think it would be awesome to see Yvonne and Felicity interact. They both were discriminated as children and probably suffer deep internal scars over it. And, of course, as with all Alerarians Yvonne hates magic - but Felicity actually has a natural affinity towards it. As an alchemist, Felicity thinks that magic and science should be used together. Additionally, Yvonne and Felicity both seem to like righting wrongs. They'd probably have an interesting relationship.

Philomel
02-24-2018, 10:38 PM
Sorry I didn't manage to get my characters up, things happened. ... It's 4am ish just now so I won't do them now but will work on that tomorrow.

((Also Yvonne, I'd love to RPG with you))

Yvonne
02-25-2018, 01:36 AM
Ah. Hanuh is Ashla's daughter. I wonder who the father was. The plot thickens... *taps fingertips together*

Felicity and Yvonne would become fast friends right off the bat, no question. They have much in common and would compliment each other in many situations. Felicity needs Yvonne's cool-headed guidance in aggravating conditions and Yvonne needs Felicity's muscle and might when the going gets rough.

I foresee them making some positive changes in this world. I suppose I'm wondering what kind of character development you're looking for with Felicity. Yvonne is likely to push her to be a better version of herself - not necessarily make any drastic changes, because they would mesh together well. There will be occasional hiccups in their relationship when Yvonne's means-to-an-end flare up Felicity's moral code alarm bells, which will be colourful and exciting.

Side note, Yvonne doesn't hate magic (doesn't hate anything at all yet) but she's terrified of it, doesn't understand it or have any knowledge of it. All she knows is that if she's caught out interacting with it or practicing it in any way it could spell doom... DOOM upon her, upon her family and upon her donkey. If Felicity could expose Yvonne to it in a controlled fashion she might be able to learn a trick or two.

Wee, this is fun just thinking about it. Who are you going to bring Philomel - and how and where should we begin, that makes sense for all of us? I can tweak Yvonne's timeline forward a-ways if necessary and she does plan on travelling everywhere in her life.

Philomel
02-25-2018, 03:59 AM
Here we go:

Family triplet:

Philomel:-

she's everyone's favourite faun-whore. My first character here and my main account. She is a faun, with deep violet hair, chestnut fur and a very large boson she had been called the greatest concubine, and began life from the age of six as training for the lover industry. Right now, however she only serves higher class clients, as for the past ten or so years she had been setting up the Gilded Lily. The Lily was firstly meant to be a guild that protected whores from abuse from their clients and pimps, however has now extended into the first feminist guild. They have a ship, a fortress in Concordia forest and a small standing but elite army. They also mostly all now follow Drys, Philomel's goddess. There is also the Gilded Lily network of brothels: they are any brothel or pub that wants the promise of protection and the rights for their women. They are run by women, called Matrons, and pay a small fee to the Gilded Lily.

Philomel herself is a mixture of priestess, heroine (at least to the Gilded Lily members), Matriarch, warrior, pirate captain (the ship technically belongs to the pirate king Malachi), druid summoner. She has two companions - the constant Veridian who is a fox-form earth-spirit who is possessed by the spirit of a tiny fire whisp, and a huge rock dragon called Delath who can eat anything (nom). And Delath recently learnt to speak so that's fun.

Vaeron:-

Vaeron has been with Philomel since they got the ship together about 8 years ago. He is her best friend and calls her 'Princess'. He is tall, handsome and in his 50s. He is a human from Raiaera, who was raised by a hunter father and then became a priest of Earlon (an elven Raiaeran god) until he met Philomel. Two things to bare in mind about him are that he has two savage scars on his cheeks that disallow him to make many facial expressions, predominantly smiling, and second is that he is gay. He hides this for fear of discrimination though just got a boyfriend called Talimar, which is nice, and the two of them are the only males in the Gilded Lily. They live in the hidden fortress. He is also the biological father of Celandine. He also now calls himself a mage of Drys, as he mainly follows her after Philomel's influence and has a magical bow that he produces energy blasts through and also a knife of similar effect.

Celandine:-

Celandine is the daughter of Vaeron and Philomel, concieved in a very awkward, confusing night. She was Vaeron's idea, saying that Philomel needed an heir and that he did not trust anyone else to be a distant enough father and not claim power over Philomel through it. Hence himself. Whilst she was pregnant Philomel discovered her daughter was blessed and wanted by Drys and so carried her to full term. Celandine was raised as the supposed child of another faun whore in a brothel in Radasanth for five years until Philomel came to claim her. For the past four months she has been living in the fortress. She is five years old, but is an extremely fast learner and also a minor prophet. She has brown hair and fur, has a bold but delightful attitude and smiles a little too much for Vaeron's comfort. And she's not allowed to call him dad, which annoys her.

The god and kenku triplet:

Stare:-

My other main character. Stare is a 17 year old kenku (crow and humanoid hybrid) who is in service to a man/good called Vitruvion. They met under unfortunate circumstances when he had her kidnapped to join his underground hell/sex empire called the Hollow. However, after six months there they discovered she was starting to be able to use magic, for the first time in her life and in the Hollow, where all magic as idea from. Vitruvion's cannot work. They discovered shortly after that her race actualily originates from another planet which has a lone god called Ansaldo and that Vitruvion is that god's 'soon' i.e. self made clone. Vitruvion claimed Stare as his own.

Vitruvion is her god, patron, employer and vice in her head. They have a constant mental connection. She is an excellent business woman and manages many of his more legitimate businesses, but also had acted as his assassin, representative and speaker. He is secretly a god, with his greater powers locked away by the Raeairan pantheon when he arrived on the planet, and her magic is mostly focused around eyes. She can see a person's soul, chakras, allignment and a few others. She is covered in black feathers, is fairly grim and sarcastic, but is smart and keen. Vitruvion is an arrogant arsehole but fiercely loyal and protective over those who are loyal to him. Stare is awesome, and wears tunics most of the time. She's very good in tense situations, had no family (aside from Avin) and few friends. She recently got made immortal by Vitruvion and is very annoyed about it, and has wings that grew literally over night.

Avin:-

Avin is an undead kenku, raised by Vitruvion's half brother Vindrexis and a demon lord of excess called Sabazios. Vindrexis came to Althanas with one purpose - to end Vitruvion, and is much more villanous than he. Avin is grumpy, ill-tempered and hates himself. Her is very loyal to Vindrexis however, though he dislikes the good sometimes, because he believes he has to serve the god who created him and believes any deity is over their subjects. Avin is pale grey in colour and had no memory of being Stare's brother. He only knows faint memories of his first life, and a lot of pain from his second. He is the subject of Vindrexis favourite past time - killing Avin in different ways. Avin hates this part. He is immortal, is addicted to the scent of death, and is a great warrior..

Vixen:-

Vitruvion and Vindrexis' half sister, she has been on Althanas for three and a half thousand years. She originally came with the kenkus to guide them, but was betrayed by spirits called the kami who wanted to guide the kenkus themselves. The kenku do not know this. Vixen was made a slave by merchant Sorcerers who reduced her powers. She stayed in their capture for many years before they established a city called Hernsford. Even when the line of Sorcerers who owned her died out she remained a prisoner. She just got her freedom and is more hunting her siblings and kenkus. She is very sassy, irritated easily and extremely good at sex. She is immortal, turns into a unicorn and is definitely not pure of heart. She has long white hair, loves life and is currently living with a metal demon called Mikhail in Radasanth.

Flamebird
02-25-2018, 02:10 PM
Have any thread ideas, Yvonne? Seems like Yvonne and Felicity would rock together, but storywise where are they and why?

Phi, can we write with Stare? Don't know which character I could use to interact with her though...

Philomel
02-25-2018, 02:56 PM
Sure!! Stare is one of Nevin's best friends and I know Felicity involved with him. So those two? Or anything you want. Stare is fun.

Yvonne
02-25-2018, 08:38 PM
I've been thinking and I'd imagine the most likely way Felicity and Yvonne would be brought together would be over their active interest in herbs and medicine. Perhaps Yvonne is first to picking all the flowers while Felicity is trying to gather them herself, and she gets so annoyed at seeing plucked stems that she berserks all up in Yvonne's face! Critical hit! No. That wouldn't work for long.

How about we meet in Eiskalt? It's this magical place east of Salvar, a mountainous island with wonderful mutated wildlife, deadly plagues and plenty of poor, suffering people that could use our help. Maybe there's a plague-offshoot that Felicity and Yvonne are the first to discover, and we combine our minds of herbal remedies, and Felicity's magical knowledge to concoct a natural-magical double whammy cure!

Unless it's already been done. I don't know, I haven't read all the threads yet. Oh wait, hang on. Where is the Eiskalt forum? I can't find it, lol. Noob moment much?

Flamebird
02-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Sounds fun, Phi! How would Stare and Fel meet up? Felicity pretty much roams, so she could be anywhere.

Yvonne, Eiskalt sounds fun! It doesn't have a forum. It is canon, but the creator of the region (me :D) still "owns" it, so the Lore Masters and Admins can't do much with it yet. Threads for this region have been placed in the Outlands forum, alongside other sub-regions like Fallien and Dheathian. - It would probably take a lot for Felicity to go to Eiskalt, since she had an unhappy childhood there. She went back once, after a traumatic series of events where she lost pretty much everything and decided to revisit her roots. That was a rare instance, however. Still think I could find a good reason for her to head there. Maybe she has questions about her magical affinity and is seeking a hidden neanderthal tribe she knows of. The plot sounds awesome though! I'd love to explore Felicity's alchemist/ pharmacist side in detail more.

Yvonne
02-26-2018, 04:03 AM
Haha, that makes a lot of sense. No wonder I couldn't locate it.

I like my realism. If it's rare for Felicity to go to Eiskalt because it was a horrible place growing up there we should respect that. She'd need an unignorable reason to return a second time, I'm sure, so for now it doesn't make sense. Let us tuck that plot up our sleeves for later down the track, perhaps when Felicity and Yvonne know each other better - at a time in the future when Yvonne may be capable of persuading her to return for a good cause.

It's not like I have a shortage of plot ideas. How about we meet in Dheathain? It's basically the new world on the other side of the pond, full of tropical jungles and river-cut swamplands, bound to be overflowing with unusual herbs and wildlife. Not to forget the ruins of a long lost civilization that practiced the arcane.

Yvonne would definitely head to Talmhaidh and try to establish a business foothold there, so she could produce exotic goods to trade by ship with the mainland... but with a tiny flicker of convincing she could be distracted by adventure of any kind Felicity was caught up in, a bounty so high she would travel for months just to claim it? Perhaps she seeks magical knowledge in the long forgotten ruins and needs adventurers to back her up, because Dheathain is a dangerous place? You tell me, haha.

Philomel
02-26-2018, 05:50 AM
Yvonne, is there any places you want to explore? Or anything in particular you want to do and I can fit a character with you? Help you build up your character's reputation.

Yvonne
02-26-2018, 09:50 AM
Absolutely. How do you feel about Vixen and Yvonne meeting each other? They would make an intriguing pairing, don't you think? They have quite a bit in common and I think it would be good for me to keep in mind that Yvonne isn't all do-good, happy thoughts and rainbows. Vixen would surely bring out some of her ruthlessness, some of her -do what should be done-.

As for where, hmm... well it would almost certainly be at night. Neither of them seem to enjoy the sun. I will have to think on this. What do you think? *ponder-face*

Max Dirks
02-26-2018, 10:48 AM
I'll write with Ashla. Our characters' redemption arcs are already semi-entwined anyway. You'll just have to put up with poor follow up and a significant decline in my writing due to rustiness. Let me know if you're interested.

Philomel
02-26-2018, 11:13 AM
I am very up for using Vixen. I have been writing off site with her (with the intention of bringing those stories onsite) and really like writing her character. Vixen is not all sunshine and rainbows, she definitely is a woman who will use everything within her to get what she needs. Though saying that she is a 'good' person. Not a villain. At the moment she is in Radasanth - does that work for you?

Flamebird
02-26-2018, 01:54 PM
*Takes huge breath before typing replies*

Yvonne, Dheathian sounds fun! I'm a lore nerd so I had to look it up. There's this city in Dheathian called Donnalaich (http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showwiki.php?title=Dheathain) that looks amazing! I can see Fel trying to look into the Ancients magic in a desolate part of town. Want to set our story there?

... Am I the only one who's wondered if dinosaurs could be living in Dheathian? There's already dragons ans humanoid-dragon hybrid thingies; the tropical environment is perfect...

Hey, Dirks! That sounds great! The only completed thread they've ever met in was during the Eiskalt War Ice Reaver when he shielded Kyla, right? It would be really cool for their stories to intertwine! A slower writing pace is absolutely fine :)

Max Dirks
02-26-2018, 02:24 PM
I was thinking about it, and though we didn't finish it, it might be easier to advance this (http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showthread.php?28854-Maximum-Nightmares-Icy-Awakening) storyline a bit to say Dirks is now Ashla's personal assassin. He felt guilty for his past transgressions against Eiskalt and gave himself into the servitude of the Icebreakers.

Yvonne
02-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Radasanth and Donnalaich both sound like compelling and wonderful locales. With two compelling and wonderful characters, it's perfect.

I've got some soul-crushing work-training to do today but if I come out in one piece I'll start writing for threads today, okey doke? I have the day off tomorrow as well so we can definitely kick things off.

Flamebird
02-26-2018, 06:51 PM
If we do continue from that thread, I'd have to completely omit my cheesy opening scene xP (oh my gosh my dialogue!) - I don't think it's in character for Ashla to get a personal assassin like that, go about a year or so (I believe she was 19 at the time of that thread, she's 21 now) without forming some kind of bond. That, and Ashla doesn't "use" people like that :/ I could see her hiring him as just another member of P.A.L.E., she leaves the organization (Dirks stays) and it dies, then he looks for her again?

Don't rush, Yvonne. Only post when you're ready. :) So Donnalaich sounds good? How would our characters meet up?

Max Dirks
02-27-2018, 01:34 AM
Distraught from the war, Ashla spared Dirks' life (he was willing to give his head without a fight) on the condition he find and kill Tobias Stalt. After two years in Tular, he returns to her, believing he failed his mission. He knows nothing about the end of Pale or Ashla's transition. We go from there, perhaps ala Logan, though Dirks is only about 15 years older than Ashla, so there wouldn't be the father daughter dynamic, but perhaps brother sister? Someone to care for? Someone for her to betray to learn how far down the rabbit hole she's gone. Anything works for me, though it sounds like whatever we do will be gritty.

Flamebird
02-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Sounds like an awesome plan! Although, since Ashla's relationship with Tobias wasn't exactly spiteful, she probably would have sent him after someone else. Making that someone a useless NPC should take no time though xD

At t this point Ashla knows how deep she is, but has no idea what to do or where to get started. She is currently in Scara Brae, one of the few places she isn't wanted for anything. Maybe since they're both wrecked with guilt and self-blame, Dirks makes a suggestion and they go with that? A sibling-like relationship sounds awesome for them!

Another point to add, I do think that the reason Ashla would spare Dirks in their first meeting was because she saw that he and Kyla had some sort of positive relationship, as he did protect her. That probably came back to her and she just sent him on a far off, likely to take a while mission instead?

Max Dirks
02-27-2018, 05:48 PM
How bout Madison or Lye? Ashla would want to kill them right? I only said Tobias because he and I started (but of course never finished) a cat and mouse end of an era thread. I'm not sure Dirks would have gone after anyone unless they were involved in the poisoning of Eiskalt, otherwise what would his loyalty (based on guilt) to Ashla be?

Philomel
02-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Ashla, do you want to plot anything for Stare and Fell or just see how it goes? At the moment Stare is wondering around Radasanth, slowly building up to the larger storyline that I have planned.

Flamebird
02-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Sounds good, Dirks! :) Should we do flashbacks in the thread where they meet again, or do we use dialogue to explain?

Phi, maybe the characters are going to the bazaar or citadel and meet up? I don't know what kind of distinct plot we could make. Do you have any ideas? I know Fel would be fascinated with Stare, as she never saw her species before. xD

Yvonne
02-28-2018, 02:43 AM
First thread is up. I'll get to the second one soon! I'm at a Fallout Boy concert at the moment, writing on the fly! Woohoo!

Flamebird
02-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Awesome!

How large is the fly trap, specifically? I know the description says it's big, but is it like a Mario piranha plant or larger? I just want to make sure before writing my post. Thank you!

EDIT: I posted anyways. Let me know if anything needs changed. I though Felicity saving Yvonne would be too predictable, so I had her get tangled up and them both get saved by Yvonne's fae guide instead.

Philomel
02-28-2018, 02:31 PM
Yvonne, would you like me to post an opener with Vixen? I've got an idea in mind :)

Yvonne
02-28-2018, 04:06 PM
Sure, let's see your idea. I'm curious now.

Awesome post Fel, the plant is big enough to get Yvonne in its gob, it might have needed to nibble Felicity down to size a bit first, haha. Wouldn't stop it from believing it could make a meal out of her though!

I also just wanna say I tried so hard not to use the word moisture in my setting and you went and blew it in the third paragraph, bwahaha. I knew it was coming.

Philomel
03-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Well Vixen has been setting up home in Radasanth recently in connection with a metal demon called Mikhail (a couple of adventures as yet to be properly loaded up onto the site). So she is looking for a permanent home at the same time as hunting out kenkus. I was thinking of getting her to go towards Akashima, which is essentially tiny Japan and get into some trouble on the way via bandits, possibly hunters. She turns into a unicorn so hunters is easily viable for her.

Yvonne
03-01-2018, 11:51 PM
I read Mikhail's character sheet, their background is quite a nice read. Are they still about? I haven't seen them around.

If Vixen has been hanging out with an iron golem, and she needs to feed every couple of days, she must be withering away to nothing, haha. She should try to bite Yvonne when we get a thread up.

I'm happy with Radasanth or Akashima, wherever Vixen has matters to attend to.

Is the home in Radasanth a temporary one then? What is she looking for in a permanent residence? Three bedrooms, some acreage (to gallop about), a fountain of blood water feature? Haha, just kidding. What is she looking for in a home?

Nevin
03-02-2018, 12:58 AM
Mikhail is - odd. I'm still not sure how to fully quantify how his IronFlesh ability works. But yes, I'm still around - this is me on another account. I have... many.

Philomel
03-02-2018, 03:21 AM
I'm writing a thread where Vixen is currently trying to find an alternative to her blood via an alchemist (i.e. Nevin) though I'm writing the thread with his girlfriend (Eteri). Vixen currently survived by feeding secretly on sleeping people, taking just what she needs privately and trying to not hurt anyone. The time she can go without blood has increased from the 24 hours, mostly due to her godhood returning.

If I got up all the threads in have with her (about 6 now) then she'd be maybe level 2 or 3.

Flamebird
03-02-2018, 09:07 AM
Phi, it's your turn on our Citadel thread, btw. If you want to continue it.

Yvonne, Felicity has a broken ankle xD If she shouted something, would Yvonne stop for her? If not, I could write that Fel has an insta-healing potion and uses it on her leg before chasing her. The Fire Fae will be pulling a magic, disappearing act.

Yvonne
03-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Depends what Fel shouted, lol. If she called out for help, yeah. Yvonne can't ignore a person in need, though she's currently experiencing irrational fear and will be worried about the fae still being there.

Is it broken? I thought she twisted it, gave herself a lovely sprain. We can splint and bandage it until we get to Donnalaich, and Yvonne is the perfect height to use as a crutch. *pulls face*

Philomel
03-03-2018, 03:49 PM
I'll get something up for you, Flamebird and Yvonne in the next couple of days.

Flamebird
03-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Wait, yeah she just twisted it. Maybe Felicity cuts herself standing up and runs to Yvonne with no pain? Man, I wrote myself into a corner two posts in... I'm still writing my reply :/ :P

Yvonne
03-03-2018, 11:55 PM
I admit my hook was quite subtle.

Yvonne did mention Donnalaich mid-tantrum, and that's where Fel is headed too. Just be all like, "Whoa I know you're cranky right now but you said you were looking for the city of fae? We should search for it together because we're both going to end up there anyway, right? I promise I won't fling any fireballs." Something to that effect, haha.

Flamebird
03-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Finally posted, Yvonne! Sorry for the wait!

Yvonne
03-06-2018, 09:32 AM
It's all good. You can't rush art.

I enjoyed the snort, it was well deserved, haha.

I'll write a post after some sleep.

Zzzzz...

*awakens* *posts*

Tag, you're it!

Vixen Crowsfoot
03-07-2018, 03:39 AM
Yvonne, I wrote an intro to ours.

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1110-Existence-closed-to-Yvonne&p=10610#post10610

Flamebird, I will get to ours today if I can.

Flamebird
03-07-2018, 08:37 PM
See it, Yvonne! *Pop goes the leeeeeeeg!*

Take your time, Phi. No rush :)

Yvonne
03-07-2018, 09:22 PM
*smirks* Should get a reaction outta Felicity this time, muahahaaa! I'd say it'd still be worth resting the ankle, even though Fel will want to boss her way through the pain. Have to find her a walking stick or her armpit is really going to mess up my hair... *pout*

Vix, I've had a good think about how to tackle our thread and I'd say I've got a handle on it now. I'll have a post up in a while. *smiles*

Flamebird
03-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Replied! Felicity has a much tougher frame than normal humans, being half neanderthals. Even so, she is going to try to push her body past its limits. :P She wouldn't use Yvonne as a walking stick! xD

Yvonne
03-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Lovely post, I wanna write but I'm at worrrk. NurrRR. *facepalm*

There's one for Vix, and...

*keeps writing*

...one for Fel. *goes to bed*

Flamebird
03-09-2018, 10:22 PM
I see your post, Yvonne! Will try to post soon! Hey, I have an idea for up ahead.

Once they get into Donnalaich, they would see a member of the Claw Caste bullying a member of the Scale Caste. Yvonne could probably try ignoring it, or it gets to her? Yvonne seems like she'd be the more cautious of the two. I'm not sure how she'd respond. But Fel gets all rage modey and full out attacks the claw guy, tidbits of her backstory seeping through the dialogue ("Do you know how things work around here-" "-Do you think a care?! Where I came from, things worked through treating my kind like dirt!") Right before Felicity attacks him, she gets a PTSD trigger and dissociative snap that lasts long enough to let him use his claws on her. Felicity's power gets activated once, so the change isn't visible to magic paranoid Yvonne. The combined intrusive memory and Berserk Rage trigger could set Felicity off for hours. It could be an opening into them learning each other's backstories. - And the thread would probably get lotsa setting and wildcard points for LOOOOOOOOORE.

Yvonne
03-10-2018, 01:52 AM
When we get to Donnalaich Felicity is starving (even Yvonne has an appetite by this point) because the food we found on the way took off on prancing legs as soon as it spotted us, into the thick foliage. We beeline for the humble marketplace to trade for something to eat.

The Claw Caste Drakari operates a modest butchery. They hunt game in the jungle and in the basin, bringing the carcasses back to Donnalaich to trade. He has only employed Drakari (and only those of the Scale Caste for that matter) as he believes they make for better hunters compared to the Fae. He finds it easiest to run his business by using their perceived racial status against them, to keep his employees in line. "Who has the claws around here? Me! Not you. You hunt the beasts! I butcher them."

There's one major flaw with his business model. His Scale Caste employees are scared of him. While we are bartering with one such employee for meat (and Yvonne has him settled on a fairly low price) the Claw yells at the Scale to get a better deal or he'll take it out of his pay. The threat startles the Scale and he knocks the carcass off the bench onto the ground at our feet, dirtying it. This incompetence infuriates the Claw so he attacks the Scale and Felicity steps up to intervene.

Yvonne consoles the Scale, reassures him and pays him well anyway (as dirt washes off with a little water and when we cook it we'll just make it well done) while simultaneously plotting the Claw's downfall. If Felicity doesn't deal with the Claw right then and there, Yvonne will finish him off later in a more subtle and undetectable way. *smirk*

It could very well be how Felicity and Yvonne get to know each other on that hidden, underlying level, concerning their pasts. We both feel compelled to help the less fortunate, second-class citizenry, and there seems to be plenty of that going on in this world, haha.

Flamebird
03-10-2018, 08:19 AM
Sounds awesome! I have about several paragraphs of my response done, still need to write more.

EDIT: Posted!

Stare
03-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Sorry Yvonne I did a really short reply but I have a big writer's block at the moment.

Flamebird, I am mid writing an intro for you that should work.

Flamebird
03-10-2018, 10:05 AM
No rush, Phi :)

Yvonne
03-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Lovely posts from both of you. You two must write at the same time of day 'cause you post thirty minutes apart, haha. Vix won the race, expect a post there first later today. *smiles*

By the way Vix, it's funny you think six-ish paragraphs is a short reply. I've roleplayed comfortably with peeps who struggled to post more than a paragraph or two on a good day. You're layin' down thrice that on a bad day and you're conscientious about length? *cackles* I like you. Amusing.

That's both done. Your move. :)

Flamebird
03-12-2018, 11:47 AM
Replied.

Yvonne
03-12-2018, 09:14 PM
I'm half-way through my half-breed post, haw haw. *kneeslap*

I'll finish it off tonight after the dreaded full-time work has elapsed.

*slays full-time work dragon* Hiiiii-YAAH! Take that! And that! Karate chop action! *dusts hands off*

There ye go, Ms. Rhyolite. Thank ya for waiting a few.

Philomel
03-13-2018, 07:19 PM
Super sorry, I have had to get an essay in so all my work has gone to that. I'll write some tomorrow.

Yvonne
03-13-2018, 11:27 PM
*respectful curtsy* All is well Philomel.

Stare
03-14-2018, 04:50 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1118-Friend-of-a-Friend-closed&p=10689#post10689
!!I wrote something

For Flamebird

Flamebird
03-14-2018, 05:52 PM
I see both your posts :)

I replied, Phi. Hope writing that Stare just entered was okay. Let me know if anything needs changing.

Yvonne, I'll reply you soon!

Flamebird
03-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Oh look, I replied. Sorry to keep you waiting, Yvonne!

Yvonne
03-17-2018, 11:12 PM
Haha, I loved the pun Vix! Give me a few and I'll have another post up. I'm most of the way through Fel's at the moment.

Vixen Crowsfoot
03-18-2018, 12:12 AM
Oh take your time. As you can see it takes me a little longer to reply, so sorry for taking so long.

Yvonne
03-18-2018, 04:41 AM
There you are Felicity. You can decide how accurate my aim was.

Flamebird
03-24-2018, 11:14 AM
Oh!

Sorry! I haven't had much time to post. New job has been taking up a massive chunk of my day, and I'm exhausted when I get home! I should be able to post on Saturdays and maybe Sundays still.

I'll try reply, Yvonne! Nice post! I think it would be funny if the shot big cat landed on Felicity xD

"Weirdo." Ouch, Phi! Perfect way to bring out Felicity's hangry side > : ) Heh heh heh... Will try to get a post in.

EDIT: Replied both. Felicity gets the overreaction of the year award, Phi. xD Yvonne, I time skipped to the city and butchery. Don don dooooon!

Yvonne
03-25-2018, 12:03 AM
Tell me about it. Work always gets in the way of writing.

I've found it's a good idea to have a writing app on my phone so I may write on my work break. I've usually got the bones of a post structured while sipping coffee at work and when I get home I'm half done. Copy across to PC, flesh it out with some fancy detail, boom. Much easier than writing a whole post from scratch at the end of the day, when you're tired and "don't wanna."

Ooh, time warp spell. You all-powerful sorceress, you. :rolleyes:

Arden
03-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Did we ever finish our sandy battle?

Yvonne
03-26-2018, 11:12 AM
You're it.

Flamebird
04-17-2018, 09:24 PM
I have, like, five paragraphs done but not finished for both threads, Phi and Yvonne!

We never completed it, Duffy :/ It seems to have absolutely zero story so far, just our characters hitting each other. Have any ideas?

EDIT: Replied, Yvonne! Finally! Want me to add on more and have Felicity start talking (or screaming her head off) to the Claw Clan butcher? Or is the ending good?

Yvonne
04-17-2018, 10:41 PM
The ending is too good, haha. Felicity is back with a bang, woo! Breaking tables no sooner than stepping into the shop, haha. I think it would be more powerful to let her simmer a little, explode next post possibly?

Great work dear, good ta have ye back.

Flamebird
04-19-2018, 09:50 PM
Your post made me laugh! "Now go to your room and think about what you've done!" Lol! Love it!

You think the unhappy butcher would try to retaliate? Maybe he tries to manhandle Yvonne and Felicity intervenes?

I replied, Phi.

Yvonne
04-20-2018, 12:08 AM
He could definitely do that. As convincing as Yvonne is, he's more powerful of course. That's why I'm letting you decide, haha. Flip a coin if ye like. However you want it to play out. =)

Philomel
04-20-2018, 03:03 AM
I will reply to both when I can.

Yvonne, I love Yvonne. :p

Yvonne
04-20-2018, 04:13 AM
Aww, thank you. *hugs Philomel* I'm happy she's well received!

Yvonne
04-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Your writing is incredible as per usual, Fel. I should admit I'm having minor difficulties transitioning from lovey dovey in Music and Stone to utterly enraged in Entanglement, haha.

A little time, I'll find the right zone.

Ah, there we are. >=)

The Rambler
04-23-2018, 10:02 PM
Henry is a tease and not really lovey dovey, but what's this about Felicity being enraged? MADAM WE WERE WORKING ON THAT. He's also handling Yvonne's method a lot better than the last time someone came onto him, thankfully. Though I agree with Phi, she's a great character...butwhyisshetargetingHenry????

Flamebird
04-23-2018, 11:03 PM
Is this Nevin? Nev has so many alts now...

On Igni, it is the blood alchemist's turn xD

I'll get to reading it, Yvonne. Expect an edited post soon :D

Yvonne
04-24-2018, 01:20 AM
Allow me to explain it for the males in the room. Yvonne grew up surrounded by endlessly busy, cantankerous dwarves and their lofty dark elven whip-cracking superiors, yes?

Say she slams into nine men (drow/dwarves/whatever) not watching where she is going in her earlier life. Five of them abuse her immediately, physically or verbally, four of them grunt, annoyed, give her the cold shoulder and get back to work...

...and then she comes to the surface, bumps into a tenth and he just smiles brightly, suggests a peace offering, asks if she's okay and gets down on her level so she can redeem herself in his eyes.

*swoon* This one is different! He's nice. He doesn't treat her like something he'd rather not have stepped on.

Yvonne is all starry eyed. She can handle his teasing and give it back in kind!

Flamebird
04-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Read the post!

Wow! Yvonne being an overprotective friend is awesome! Although I have no idea how to respond...

I'd bet that after the dissociative moment, Felicity wouldn't be functioning well. Like, she wouldn't talk or anything. So... Very little action would probably take place in my next post xD :P

The Rambler
04-24-2018, 12:34 PM
It is indeed Nevin. And I'll work on a post for you shortly Ash, gotta work on getting back into the mindset for Nevin.

Ach, the males in the room now comprehend. Yvonne is adorable, and Henry certainly. Isn't one to treat pretty much anyone like trash, so she's going to have pleasant company with him.

Yvonne
04-24-2018, 06:17 PM
I'm quite fond of that post too, hee hee. Yvonne's sinister side unveiled! I wouldn't expect much action for the rest of the thread dear, we had our orientation, complication/s and resolution. All's left to do is actually trade for some food with the now very nervous/very grateful assistant and feed Fel. Maybe a nice, quiet campfire setting of mending wounds to close curtains. :)

*giggles* Say bye-bye to pro-tips on attracting women 101 with Yvonne. The first one was a freebie but yer on yer own mister! Ye think her adorable now? Prepare yerself!

Flamebird
04-30-2018, 04:54 PM
Replied, Yvonne! My setting is at an absolute zero, but internal dialogue is my strength, so... Yeah.

Nev, working on a response for you right now! Something really interesting you wrote:

She would drive herself hard, trying to atone for a sin that wasn't hers, and he already knew that whoever was in a position of authority in her life, either didn't see, or didn't care - and from mumbled comments, he felt it might be the latter.

This is exactly the way Ashla was a long time ago! And now she unmeangingly made Felicity the same way! Oh! The irony! I never even intended it this way but it happened and it's incredible! Loved the post! Nevin's classic hero moment with the whip rocked! I imagined symphonic metal in my head reading that xD

Hey, anyone want to do a thread with Hanuh? Because I'm great at keeping up with posts...

Yvonne
04-30-2018, 05:04 PM
*whispers* Hey... Felicity... is that you? Over there? *points to Lilthis* Reading her sheet made me think of you. :confused:

Flamebird
04-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Nope. Not me. Three alts is enough, lol! I would love to write an Alerar character if I knew I could stick to it...

Yvonne
04-30-2018, 05:36 PM
Hmm, not Felicity... Maybe she is a new person after all. The plot thickens...

The Rambler
04-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Psychotherapist Nevin might read too much into things, but he's also good at reading people when he cares to. And thanks Ash, I loved the line I had him say at the end. I started cackling like a loon afterwards when I re-read it.
Uh. Who is Hanuh? I'll probably write with them.

Wait, so now we have three Alerar characters? Hunter, Yvonne, and this new person? Interesting.

Ignis Glaciesque
04-30-2018, 06:05 PM
This is Hanuh. A have a first ever post written for her, but I haven't RPed with her yet.

Replied, Nevin.

Flamebird
05-01-2018, 12:09 AM
Yvonne, I just edited my post. It needed more. :P

Ack, the primary attention of this thread has been Felicity! Yvonne needs more focus!

Yvonne
05-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Hehe, nice touch that drakari urine. ;)

I'm not sure I'd say that dear. I think it depends on your perspective. We've been sharing the spotlight together quite amicably - unless you mean how Felicity is an injury-magnet, which just showcases Yvonne's penchant for tending to the suffering of others in an almost motherly way, haha.

Flamebird
05-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Horray for Protective Mother Bear Yvonne!

Nice post! Love how straight to the point Yvonne's personality is xD I've been brainstorming for a reply, will try to post soon.

Yvonne
05-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Sorry dear, I'm going to post for you tonight as well as Lilthis. The call of work beckoned, ugh. Can someone just pay me to write stuff already? Please and thank you.

I do however have a three day weekend coming up with a public holiday on my Monday, woohoo! Let tha many writings commence.

Flamebird
05-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Can someone just pay me to write stuff already? Please and thank you.

THIS!

Hey, your post is awesome! However, because of my extreme paranoia of power gaming, I do think the way you portrayed Felicity's nuclear powers are a bit too powerful.

- Berserk Rage ~ Part IV:
When Berserk Rage is first activated, the radiation from her nuclear powers seeps through. In a fifteen feet long radius around her, people will experience mild to moderate feelings of sickness: runny noses, teary eyes, nausea, lightheadedness, headaches, physical weakness in the body... the results will vary per person. When Berserk Rage turns off, this ability does too. It is up to the opponent to the effects and these will only be distracting.

- You Don’t Want to Suck My Blood, Mr. Vampire: Felicity’s blood, thanks to the serum that birthed her Berserk Rage, is potent. If physical contact is made, a person will feel slight burning, tingling, and/ or numbness. If taken into another body, it causes a milder variation of the effects of BRP-IV for about three minutes.

The throwing up could be the fact that she was exposed to the radiation for so long, but still. Just wanted to let you know. Sorry for not explaining her powers more thoroughly :P

Phi, will be replying yours soon!

Yvonne
05-05-2018, 10:44 AM
So, delete the throwing up sentence at the end? That's an easy tweak, lol.

How's that look?

Ignis Glaciesque
05-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Looks good!

Another post filled with angst amd zero setting coming up! :D

Anyone want to write a thread with Hanuh? I might start an open thread in Stonevale or something.

Flamebird
05-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Replied, Yvonne! Wow, that post was dramatic...

Yvonne
05-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Such awesome Fel. Here's the point where we get the character development you asked for at the start of this thread, 9 pages ago, haha. We've come a long way. I knew we could do it! *high five from a dwarf?*

That poor Drakari service assistant, dude, he be having a bad day.

Flamebird
05-05-2018, 02:48 PM
Poor drakari! xD Poor little fellow!

Yes! Character development! It leaves a window for Yvonne's development too! She now knows Felicity is pretty much the living vessel of an uncontrollable magical power, and the very paranoia that had her screaming at that Fae guide at the beginning may very well act up again. I'm so pumped for the rest of this thread!

Yvonne
05-05-2018, 03:40 PM
It's like 5:39am here but I've gotta get outta bed and write the next post. Yvonne's inner turmoil over this be threatening ta tear me apart, lol.

Flamebird
05-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Wow, your post was amazing! Blew me away! I loved it!

And I replied! Hope the mild bunnying is okay. Yvonne wins xD And Felicity zonked out.

Yvonne
05-06-2018, 12:00 AM
Teehee, yer, kinda blew myself away with that one. Like I said, had ta exorcise it all early this morning. It had ta be written.

I don't mind the barely-bunnying. It adds effect.

I'm tentative to continue the thread much further. We should finish on a high note, hey? What should I do ta round it out? Could have the drakari help Yvonne carry Felicity to the outskirts of Donnalaich, make a little camp and makeshift bed to help Fel eat and recover. I'm sure we could improvise a stretcher, hehe. Unless you had a better finale?

Flamebird
05-06-2018, 06:53 AM
It looks awesome! Want to submit it for judgement now? Would you prefer workshop or moderator judgement? I think I have the AP to submit it for a full judgement and really, this thread is good enough for one! Up to you :)

Yvonne
05-06-2018, 07:03 AM
Yea, I'm keen to see how these full judgements go down. I'm really proud of what we accomplished, and I'd like to know anything a moderator can teach me to make the next one even better.

Go for it dear and great work by the way. We make a wicked pair.

Flamebird
05-06-2018, 09:52 AM
I'm proud of it too! Submitted it for judgement :)

What's the next thread going to be about?

Yvonne
05-06-2018, 07:34 PM
I have a few ideas in mind. The neatest one I think is a mystery, whodunit-type thread where Felicity and Yvonne are detectives that seek to unravel a magical mystery in and around Donnalaich.

The drakari and the fae are trying to build, or essentially rebuild an ancient city from the rubble and shambles of today. Remake it into a city that resembled yesterday, or many yester-years ago more precisely, yes? The drakari are excellent craftsmen in the physical sense and their fae brothers and sisters help them build with their magic to speed up the process and add a touch of wondrous architecture.

They look back on their efforts at the end of the day, look up at their building from below, their magical tower for example - happy with their efforts they retire to their homes and families and go to sleep.

When they wake up however... all of their work has been undone. The building of yesterday has returned to ruins at their feet. It's frustrating. The drakari are the first to turn to their temper - they get angry with the fae, but the fae creators are innocent. They did nothing wrong and willingly help rebuild the same as the day before. Nobody understands what's going on, and the people are getting restless and scared, because they need these buildings, these shelters, these homes to survive.

Think of a granary, a storehouse for food that keeps dismantling itself overnight. The food is subjected to the weather, it spoils and people go hungry, forced to forage and hunt for more and the jungle is a very dangerous place, and there's no guarantee that when they bring the food back they'll even have a place to store it, because they haven't figured out the original problem! Civil unrest! Nobody is happy! The blame game from all sides!

...Enter Felicity and Yvonne.

Flamebird
05-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Oooooooooooooh I like it!

Would the thread immediately pick up where it left off? I'd imagine Felicity would probably take a while to regain her everything, and I don't know how Yvonne thinks of her now. They're basically sisters, yes, but Yvonne probably has a lot of questions now - a majority of them revolving around her uncontrollable magic. She still will probably believe her culture's negative bias against magic after all, it's all she knows about it. With how Felicity's magic is a beast, I can see her remaining fears being confirmed. And poor Yvonne probably will be the sole defender of their camp too!

What's causing the work to be undone? An ancient curse? A remaining ancient? A backstabber in the group? ... Spinosaurs?

How's the title Rebuilding a something something clever pun or something punny something something that has to do both with rebuilding a structure and a lost mentality and trust or something something something?

Yvonne
05-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Think of a granary, a storehouse for food that keeps dismantling itself overnight.

Thinking about it they probably wouldn't be growing grain in the jungle, hey, but the storehouse would still be needed for meat, fish, fruit, berries, roots, veggies, etc. It's a structure that any township grows around.

I would have it pick up a few days later, give Felicity time to recover and eat well, return to a hundred percent. Yvonne could also use a little time out, you know, to settle her nerves and calm her farm. Maybe they have a day or two of uncomfortable silence, when neither of them really wants to bring up the elephant in the roo-- jungle. We can begin the thread with either Felicity or Yvonne, or both deciding it's time to talk about it, haha.

Luckily the camp is reasonably close to town, and the larger predators prefer to hunt a little further away from civilization, or "civilization" as the case may be, seeing as we've only got a bunch of rocks to live under.

Ooooh, you want to know what the cause of the problem is, do youuu? Weeell, I could tell youuu, seeing as I have it all figured ooout, but that would be spoiling the surprise, and that's no fun. Teehee. You'll just have to post with me and find out later on! At least until I have to tell you more and more clues and you figure it out for yourself, haha.

It seems you've discovered that long, obnoxious thread titles ruffle my feathers, haha. That's a good one. I've thought about this too - another simple one that serves its purpose for the whole chapter, like Entanglement did. I was quite happy with that one.

Fae Conundrum.

Flamebird
05-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Fae Conundrum.

I likie :D

It all sounds good! Lol, I could see Felicity stress eating all the deer meat to where it's almost out :P And don't forget all her nightmares. :P She's a disturbed child...

Felicity despises silence, so I could potentially see her cracking and finally talking first. But if you think Yvonne would crack first, that's perfectly fine :)

Oh! Hiding the plot from me! Let's start the thread now! Lol!

Yvonne
05-06-2018, 10:54 PM
Heehee, Felicity would crack first then. Yvonne likes a little peace and quiet.

I thought keeping the plot hushhush from you would get a reaction outta ya, lol. Go for it dear, you start it off a few days later at the camp, "I've had enough of these silent treatment shenanigans!" We're just about out of deer, we need to go into town and we need to talk. :rolleyes:

Flamebird
05-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Posted! Tried to incorporate some humor, since this thread is bound to get more serious later on. Mind that I bunnied that Yvonne was just coming back to the camp from somewhere?

Yvonne
05-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Of course, from the river. Gotta keep our water in-take up because it's so bloody hot. *wink*

Haha, I love how the rat is making a comeback from the last thread. Still trying ta eat Fel's food! Ye gotta clean that backpack out, dear. There be something in there that pongs!

Grr, work in my way again. You're next dear, I promise. I'll write for you when I come home.

Flamebird
05-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Replied! Ugh, I feel like I'm making Felicity too angry over little things right now. Like, throwing a pan over a little angst? Really? Writing angry characters is hard.

Your turn either way! Yvonne seems to be in a bad mood too so this should be interesting xD

Yvonne
05-08-2018, 10:53 PM
The pan throw had me laughing my head off. I had a feeling if I remained quiet for a post she'd lose her marbles, haha.

Tag, ye be it! ;)

Flamebird
05-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Tag back!

My lack of setting in this mostly dialogue and body language post is disturbing. :P Still, I had a hard time wording Felicity's dialogue, but it's so in character for her it was a blessing in disguise xD Poor, angry girl thinks Yvonne hates her!

Yvonne
05-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Aye, me setting be no better. Ta be fair we have had our fill of describing jungle for tha moment, haha. Important discussions be happening! We will describe surrounds when we go into Donnalaich again, promise. :rolleyes:

Flamebird
05-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Nev, several questions about your post:

1.) What exactly is "gruesome" about ripping a creature's core out? If Felicity's Berserk Rage was ramped up enough she could do it with her bare fist; especially with the golem not being brick hard rock. Or am I misunderstanding?
2.) Is Nevin using Hungering Threads ability on the arm?
Thanks!

Yvonne, yeah we can ramp up setting later. I guess I have an obsession with getting setting right since I know it's a weak area of mine. :P And the part where Yvonne jokes about wrapping Felicity up, and her reaction, was hilarious!

Flamebird
05-16-2018, 05:46 PM
Sorry to everyone I haven't replied to yet. I hit a hard streak, am completely exhausted, burning out; and on a lot of threads I suddenly hit writer's block. I'll try to respond soon! Hopefully this weekend.

Yvonne
05-17-2018, 03:24 AM
Ye get yerself a nap dear. Ye'll feel a lot better for it.

Yvonne
05-18-2018, 01:01 AM
Forgiveness is awesome. Felicity is awesome. Ashla is so cool. Needs a spell check and a link to the vignette. :D

Flamebird
06-16-2018, 04:09 PM
*Crawls out of ground* THE SUN AT LAST!! TIME TO CONQUER THE WOOOOOORLD!

Actually, I'm not ready to become that active again. :P I think I miiiiight be able to reply some threads. Maybe. I tried writing a June Vignette submission the other day and... it sucked.

But whatever.

Forgiveness is awesome. Felicity is awesome. Ashla is so cool.

Thanks, Yvonne!

While I attempt to get past writer's block, I had this random, out of nowhere scene that crossed my mind:

Everywhere in visible sight, a single shade of color splotched the whole place.

Red.

It was on the ground, on her, on him. It made massive puddles surrounding their crimson painted frames. She lay across from him, exhausted and torn apart. In long, deep breaths, she watched the corpse bleed out even more. Her body felt as if a heavy weight was thrusted on it. As she wheezed, her warm breath caused the velvet liquid at her lips ripple. As blood soaked her sticky, heavy body, her dead eyes continued to barely close.

She had a rule and she broke it. In blind rage, which was not bolstered in any way by her powers, she broke it. She broke the rule, and now she felt as if her heart was being stabbed violently with jaged knives. This guilt was tearing her apart. The shame humiliated her inside. She could not close her circled eyes. When she did she was net with ger ultimate disappointment.

She could ask why - if it were not for the fact she could list the reasons and circumstances. No, she knew why, yet the question of what hissed into her ear.

... Had she just committed murder?

I have no idea what on earth would lead up to or follow this scene, but I just have to do something with this now! I have no idea what would drive Felicity to kill under circumstances. Maybe if someone she loved was threatened she would do it - if at her end's wits. I don't know...

Brainstorming tiiiime! :D

Yvonne
06-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Oh, this is awesome. My innocent little Fel, corrupted by a horrible, horrible world... The poor dear.

Well the man obviously had it coming. He would have infuriated her, provoked her, taunted her. Until she saw red and couldn't handle her anger anymore. Perhaps he wanted her to bash him, injure him, make a scene so that she would have consequences to deal with while he would be taken elsewhere on a stretcher, to be mended.

He didn't think she was capable of taking his stupid life away, just beating his ugly mug in enough to draw attention. Maybe they were both prisoners and he wanted a different cell, something like that, or maybe he had something against neanderthals or held a personal grudge over something she had done in the past, which affected him indirectly.

However you decide, I like the added black streak through Felicity's personality. It could put her and those that help her on the wrong side of the law, whether they deserve to be there or not, and that's interesting reading no? :D

Great to see you about dear.