PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Althanas Moments (Nostalgia)

Lye
03-26-2018, 09:29 AM
What are some of your favorite Althanas moments or events?

Storm Veritas
03-26-2018, 09:43 PM
The first Althanas Day was incredible. It was a great reunion for old members, allowed them to meet the people that had picked up the torch, and fired a huge wave in activity. The successive days have also been great, but I don't think the site expected the first one to be as successful as it was.

Vixen Crowsfoot
03-27-2018, 01:04 PM
I agree with Storm that Althy day was amazing this year.

My favourite moments recently have been the large threads, where people have got together and written something amazing. Such an example is The Crystal Sword series moderated by Hysteria.

FennWenn
03-30-2018, 07:44 AM
First time I won a vignette was a big one for me.. The feeling of accomplishment was pretty awesome.

Flamebird
03-30-2018, 12:50 PM
I look back at the Althanas Leagues with fondness, especially the thread with Kyla Orlouge. It's what started the rivalries between Ashla and both Lye and Zack Blaze. It massively helped me to flesh a much younger and more innocent Ashla out.

My cousins and I worked on a series of threads. It was the first time I think I pushed myself to write better, and it reminded me of the fantasy make believe games we used to play at family gatherings.

The satisfaction of finishing my first and only four page solo thread!

The entire Eiskalt War!

I was completely shocked and ecstatic when I got the Player of the Year award this one time!

I rarely wrote with other players outside Citadel fights and Events, but when I did I usually loved it. Then there were the Citadel fights that also came with character development. There was a thread between my character Kaida and a teifling guy (his name I cannot remember :/) that was just so good!

The creepy notice me senpai meme with Lye... was disturbing but hilarious!

The dopamine explosions in every level up!

Chat.

Many more :)

Lye
03-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Ashla, you are a blessing to this site. Know that you are loved. <3

Flamebird
03-30-2018, 02:09 PM
I... didn't mean to look like an attention seeker? I edited.

But thank you xD

Lye
03-31-2018, 12:13 AM
Completely an honest compliment. No changes needed. You are awesome.

Amari
03-31-2018, 05:40 AM
Honestly, having Lye drag my ass over here and being able to write with him a bunch.

Being able to meet wonderful people and make good friends like Pat, Aure, and Nevin to name a few
Having Andy ask me to help write his character off, cause I really admire his writing and it felt all warm and honourable even though it was a sad as balls thread

Slayer
04-03-2018, 07:13 PM
The first thread I wrote with Godhand. The first Cell, and the very first iteration of the FQ, waaay back. When I read Elrundir the elf fight a super saiyan. The first time I ever was awarded with a Judge's Choice, after many years of fixing my writing by listening to the judges, changed things fundamentally for me. It's such a little thing, but it made years of work seem worth it, like I'd finally made something worth a shit.

But really? You. All of you. I was afloat in a world where people thought I was weird, where my stories were marginalized, where my ideas were considered trash. You all were happy to have me, and made me feel like an author, and not some guy with a character. I've known a few of you since we were teenagers, cutting our teeth on one paragraph posts with shitty grammar. You people are like family to me. And I've watched others of you grow into amazing writers. My true nostalgia comes from every moment I was let into something, allowed to add my ideas into your stories.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-04-2018, 03:00 AM
Specifically, the 2006 LCC. I remember teaming with Raelyse as Canen and getting past Grim and Nanashi. That feeling of passing your first ever tournament round was incredible. Back then I had a fraction of the ability I have now, so it shows how good this place got over time.

Slayer pretty much says the rest in his second paragraph. This place is like one giant, wierd, dysfunctional family. Sometimes you get on each others nerves but there are names on my Skype list, Facebook friends list and in my phonebook who I know will be there for years to come. I've had the honour of meeting a few of you, the greater honour of becoming firm friends with those people in the UK and hopefully in the future I'll haul my backside over to the states so I can come and bug you all on home ground.

I have a list of people I think need to drink with me.