PDA

View Full Version : Event: The Desires of Hodekin (Kobolds Month)

Philomel
04-02-2018, 04:03 PM
The Desires of Hodekin

Introduction:

In the deepest bowels of the Ankhas, the world's largest known library sitting within Ettermire, Alerar, are papers conspiring a legend. A story of many eons passed, when a great race roamed the lands of the great Althanas continent, from a time before elves where ever dark or old. Humanoid in stature and appearance, they were bold, reptilian creatures that made their place as one of the mighty armies of the world, but as time went on and civilisations progressed, when the age of enlightenment came, these creatures became nothing more than a joke. Ridiculed, and considered little more than pests similar to rats, this fiendish but strong species vanished to where it was considered they belong - the sewers and the deeper parts of the earth.

Now, millennia have passed, and the strange reptile humanoids have become nothing but whispers in the shadows. Sometimes a few are seen, lurking in the dark corners of pubs and making mischief, but they are considered to be mere oddities of nature, living in their small communities, unknowing of their true heritage. What they were and could be - not what their rare ancestors were, the ones who hid rather than escape to the Underbelly of the ground. That Underbelly, where a king sits on a throne and declares that finally his race will claim to the land once more.

Brief:

Kobolds have started appearing within Alerar, coming into the back streets in far larger numbers than they have ever seen before. If caught, or asked, they will say that their king, Hodekin, of the Underbelly (their realm that lies beneath Alerar) has declared war on the 'Abovelands' to claim back part of it for his people. They come in swarms, and can mainly be seen in cities, including Etterermire, Kachuk and Courva. The reports say that they make groups of around 50, come up through the sewers, cause havoc and burn things to the ground.

Appearance wise, they sit between 3 and a half foot to 5 foot. They are reptilian humanoids, with two arms and legs, and the head similar to a crocodile or for some more dragon-like. They are scaly either all over or just on their back and have long alligator-like tails that help to balance. They come in a variety of colours, though browns and greens are more common and have simple weapons such as staves, spears, bows and swords. Every so often there is a sorcerer.

During this month you will receive 1.5x rewards (for EXP and Gold) if you start and complete a quest during the month of April. The quest must include something about the kobold invasion, whether it be killing them, experiencing them coming from the sewers or playing gin rummy with them at the pub. You could even research them in the library. You are free to make NPC kobolds as you wish. The main setting is Alerar but you are able to go outwith this area, if you give a reason why the kobolds are invading elsewhere.

The event will start as soon as you see this post and end 30th April midnight EST for all you Americans.

Quest:

At the end of the month, if there is still interest in it, I will be running a moderated quest to work out the fate of the dealings with Hodekin. Around 6 people will be able to take part, and the choice of whether to attack or to find a diplomatic resolution will be decided by vote by those 6 people. Please see this thread for signing up.

THIS THREAD:

Please post below after the 15th April if you are interested in the moderated quest, which will take place from the 20th April, until it is done. If we finish it in April then we will get the 1.5 rewards.

Yvonne
04-02-2018, 08:19 PM
I knowww, really early to be posting here. Please don't disqualify me, I'm super excited!

I'd love to be a part of this, especially because it's an Alerar based quest and the kobolds have a similar origin - or reorigination - story that my character could relate to. What with spending so much of their lives underground and coming to a milestone where they want to surface their species. It sounds like Hodekin seeks to carve out a more pleasant place for his people. This would be really interesting to me and I can't wait to see how this all pans out.

The weekend of the 21st/22nd I have off from work so I can help give the thread an early push, but even around work I write on my phone during breaks and whenever I get a spare moment, so I'll see it through.

Storm Veritas
04-03-2018, 06:16 PM
I would be happy to serve as a free agent, participating with any writers looking for a second to put a thread together with. If not, I will send Storm out to cook up some Kobold Kebabs on his own.

Paladin_Lorenor
04-03-2018, 06:51 PM
I know it's early fro this but I'm also interested in this event. I can participate with any of my three guys. Let me know what's good.

Philomel
04-04-2018, 02:42 AM
Looks like we had a good party to go and speak/destroy Hodekin!

This is still open for more to say they wish to take part, as it will only be closing on the 15th. Until then though - Kobolds!!+

Breaker
04-04-2018, 06:12 PM
I actually had a killer idea for a Jake thread related to this, but I don't think I'm going to have the time to write it.

Philomel
04-04-2018, 07:21 PM
You can always start writing it and then link it in later.

Philomel
04-15-2018, 06:00 PM
I will be setting up the event thread tomorrow. Until then please vote below what you want to do:

Do you want to a) attack or b) diplomacise

Cydnar Yrene
04-15-2018, 07:13 PM
Diplomaicise

Yvonne
04-15-2018, 07:16 PM
B. Be. Very much bee. A wise man once said "Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions."

C'mon, that's badass, and we'd get to keep the little blighters around for later.

Storm Veritas
04-15-2018, 08:15 PM
B, but happy to switch to A if you need people.

Philomel
04-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Okay here you go: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1156-Moderated-Quest-Diplomacy-with-Hodekin&p=11212#post11212

You have all been invited to meet Gru'Hal, a strangely reasonable kobold general, who I introduce in this thread (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1154-KOBOLDS-in-a-pub-Open-tavern-thread). He has not killed anyone ... yet.

Each participant in this thread is free to introduce their characters how they like. They will be able to partake in the party approaching the factory that Gru'Hal has taken over currently. You can introduce your character there, or in another way. As you all chose diplomacy, the thread will go this direction to try to stop the invasion of Ettermire.

People I have down as interested:

Breaker
Yvonne
Storm Veritas
Paladin Lorenor
CYDNAR YRENE

Please try and post in the next couple of days. The order you post in first will be the rough one for posting in from hereon in.

Cydnar Yrene
04-16-2018, 02:07 PM
What about meeee? Happy to sit out if 4's enough though :)

Philomel
04-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Darn sorry

Edit: Added you!

Philomel
04-20-2018, 02:59 AM
Hey guys,

Would people like me to change the first post? Just checking as nobody has posted yet, or are people getting to it?

Yvonne
04-20-2018, 04:02 AM
I'll be posting there soon. Got side-swiped with Fel and Nev coming back. Plus I wanted my vignette up and the pub thread kinda took off I think. :p

Storm Veritas
04-20-2018, 09:33 AM
I will post RN.

Philomel
04-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Ah I know it wasn't my best writing at all so I was thinking of changing it myself.

Sorry if I sounded all impatient. >_<

Thanks!

Yvonne
04-22-2018, 07:07 AM
S'all good, whip-cracking be kinky.

Oh dear Shinsou, Shinsou Shinsou. No hard feelings mate. We still love you in real life!

Great post btw. The differing viewpoints in this thread are so cool I think. :)

Philomel
05-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Only two people have posted in this thread, entitled Diplomacy with Hodekin. As the event has now finished, it now has the opportunity to close.

Are people wanting to post? If those already in the thread are wanting to continue please post before the end of this week.

If you have posted and wanted it to remain open please comment below.

Yvonne
05-02-2018, 05:45 AM
I'd like the chance to converse with a king... :rolleyes:

Yvonne
05-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Woo, it begins... *taps fingertips together in diabolical thought*

Lovely post by the way dear. Bang-sticks? Rofl, kobolds be wonderful folk. I will tamper with my post I deleted for you when I come home, and shoehorn it in.

Philomel
05-13-2018, 03:25 AM
awesome!!

For anyone wanting to get in now, that is the second post up.
You are welcome to come in any time as we begin this great and awesome trip to the underbelly of the earth.

Yvonne
05-13-2018, 11:13 PM
I guess they're scared of the dark Philomel, or how creepy and smelly the disgusting sewers are. That's alright, scaredy cat surfacers can stay up top. All the glory for ending the kobold war will be miiine, all mine! Muaha! MUAHAHA!!--*coughcoughwheeze* ...Ahem.