PDA

View Full Version : Stretching other charries

Amari
05-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Looking for possible peeps to write with.

Maybe with chars I haven't used in a while

Aynur
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29-Aynur-Ziva

Esther
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?840-Esther-Ciel-Tonelico

Ayaka
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?236-Ayaka-Yoko-Sick-of-your-shi

Keep note I am pretty busy atm; so cant reply straight away but will be as prompt as I can!

Breaker
05-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Totally read this as "stretching other cherries" and though you were recruiting for a very special occasion for your characters :P

I am skyping you as we speak about some writes.

Aegis
05-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Well, I'm looking to get Tristain off the ground, so if you want to give me a chance I'd be happy to try writing with you.

Amari
05-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Sure aegis, we can set something up in gdocs. Do you have a discord so we can chat more about it? Which char are you interested in.?

Yvonne
05-20-2018, 08:56 PM
I've got a thought-concoction on the boil and stir which would involve Ayaka, Phyr, Lilthis and Yvonne.

Please stand by for some durational brewing...

(I'm currently at work and can't explain.)

Yvonne
05-21-2018, 06:25 AM
All right. Breaker gave me a bit of an idea of what you two had in mind - how we might thread with four of us. Big parties are a lot of fun but I think some planning helps to keep the thread moving in a straight-ish direction, so the four of us don’t take off in four directions, haha. Which, to be honest, can be fun too but not productive. I had a gander at yer lovely charries and I believe the easiest ones to thread together would be Ayaka, Phyr, Lilthis and Yvonne as I mentioned above (but side note for a future thread: Aynur & Yvonne. They would make an interesting pair for when we are less busy!)

I’m already getting distracted. Anywho, Ayaka: she has a new alchemy shop but we don’t know where it be. That is important because her shop will be the setting. That got me thinking, if I was an alchemist selling my potions where would I plonk my business down. Might I make a suggestion where it could be? A suggestion, not influencing your decision (maybe a little). I think smack-dab around Alerar and Raiaera would be a pretty good spot; that would be a hotbed of new recipe ideas and magical ingredients, scientific progress and arcane wisdom. If I was opening an alchemy shop I would do it about there.

Southern Raiaera is an interesting location as Alerians bleed into it. I’m thinking Narenhad near the forest and mountain ranges or Carnelost which is equal distance to the forest, mountains, dead lands and red forest. It must be like potion ingredient heaven there. Never mind, that’s up to you, I won’t try to talk you into anything further. It’s your shop dear. Carnelost isn’t that far from Akashima and you wanna get away from Corone and Stonevale because of the stiff competition down there (Nevin), but no. Not influencing!

Lilthis has a bit of a full blown story arc going on, investigating magical foci for study. She’s trying to replicate magic using machinery. She overhears a rumour about a meteorite that fell from the sky and made a bit of an impact in Raiaera, and of course needs to go check it out. Problem: Lilthis and Yvonne are sel darthirii. So we need a plan. We can do the obvious disguise thing, dress like a high elf and dwarf, try to act like Raiaerans, paint our skin pale - all that good stuff. It’s only going to fool people from a distance though. Which is why we end up in Ayaka’s potion shop on the way there.

Yvonne is thinking some kind of changeling potion, for close-quarters interactions with other Raiaerans. Of course a changeling potion is made from hard-to-find ingredients (blood of a changeling, good luck finding one!), so Ayaka talks them down to a compromise. Maybe a camouflage potion instead; ingredients chameleon skin and other assorted whatnot). That way they can change their skin colour for a while but they’ll need to use it only when they definitely need it because the duration isn’t long.

Phyr realizes he’s being tailed by Aleran spies operating in and around Raiaera. He thinks he’s given them a bit of a slip, so he sneaks into a nearby building to hide and lose them completely. It happens to be Ayaka’s potion shop. He’s very silent, keeps to the dark corners and tries to get his breathing back under control. He listens to the conversation going on and realizes they’re brewing a potion, but doesn’t make a move yet.

The operatives burst in and start making a scene, demanding to know if we’ve noticed a dark elf with an amputation come in here. Of course we haven’t and the disturbance ticks Ayaka right off because she’s trying to brew a potion at the moment and it requires careful ingredient choices and measurements. The spies expect her to let them look around and scope the place out. She is not happy about that at all. She’s already lost one shop to rapscallions flooding it and doesn’t need two strangers rifling through her stuff and turning the place upside down. Cue lots of tension. The fact that Lilly and I are dark elven pretty much confirms in their mind Phyr is here somewhere so they don’t back down.

This has Yvonne subtly scanning the room for him when they’re not watching her, and she spots him because of her darkvision. She doesn’t give him away - in fact tells the operatives something like, “Oh alright, go ahead and look around, quickly now! Just don’t break anything. We’ll get out of yer way,” and she situates herself between the corner Phyr is crouched in and puts her back to him, crossing her arms, blocking him from view. She taps her foot, tries to look as impatient with their search as possible to hurry them along.

They don’t find Phyr of course and eventually give up. From there we have the thread to ourselves. Yvonne and maybe Lilly help clean the place up and put things back where they belong while Ayaka continues to make the potion. She succeeds in making a potion but it’s not what we’re expecting. The disturbance was too much of a distraction to pull off the difficult brew properly. Ayaka bottles some and Phyr snatches it? Drinks it? A camouflage potion would be an excellent tool for a fugitive suspected of treason.

What does the potion do? I don’t know, drink it and find out, haha. It could be anything, depends on ingredients and quantities but it does have chameleon skin as one ingredient, so there’s that. Possible polymorph effect? Maybe it’s a mass polymorph other potion; Phyr drinks it and nothing happens to him but the three of us are polymorphed into lizards, haha. I don’t know, you tell me your ideas.

Feel free to pipe up and tell me what you want to change, tweak, throw in the bin. Have at it. This was pretty lengthy but it’s just my initial thoughts. I want to hear from you three and help you peeps put your own spins on it too. I’m just a mover and shaker, this needs yer refinement.

Thread name ideas: Camouflage Concoction, A Brew Best Forgotten, Alteration Decoction, A Mixture Mistake… I don’t know, got nothing good, lol.

Aegis
05-21-2018, 07:18 AM
Hm, so it seems your time has been claimed, a four person thread is going to be hectic enough as it is.

Yvonne
05-21-2018, 07:20 AM
Hardly. A four person thread will be less intensive on Amari than a three or two. :)

Amari
05-21-2018, 08:04 AM
Yeh aegis hit me up, this will take a bit for me to respond to. I'm in the Middle d of a stream.

Also her shop is now in a small town outside ninyama. Akashima. I'll have to go into more detail about Ayaka as a lot of that is out of char for her so give me a bit to respond when I have a free moment

Yvonne
05-21-2018, 08:40 AM
Akashima will work fine. Yvonne's been there once before so would suggest passing through to Lilly.

Amari
05-21-2018, 12:23 PM
OK, first up:

You've gotten a lil gun-ho there huh? ahaha!

Now, I don't mind discussing some parts of the RP, but I also prefer to let other parts play out rather than micro managing every detail like that. (like crikey, down to the potion ingredients aha!)

he would know Phyr is there because she has heightened senses, course if he minds his own business she won't pay him much mind till stuff starts getting hectic. As long as he doesn't have sticky fingers and doesn't loiter she won't care. She's got better things to do.

Now;

Ayaka is selfish. very selfish. If you all come into her shop causing a ruckus she will kick everyone out. She doesn't tolerate stuff like that. Hell she barely tolerates it from her sister and that's her flesh and blood that is.
She wouldn't let them/him hide in her shop whilst the operatives look around. She'd ask the operatives how much they're willing to offer to pay, and likely give them up, or hide them if they would pay more. She is shrewd. Money talks.

The other parts of the story I am fine with! Just pointing out some of the things Ayaka would do in those situations.

House of Cards
05-21-2018, 12:36 PM
I'm up for this as long as everyone is happy with their characters' roles and motivations and so forth. I can think of a few reasons for Phyr to have spies after him so I'm all set.

edit: I'm doing a profile update on Phyr which may give him the ability to remain undetected in the shop, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Yvonne
05-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Naw, not micro managing. I was just giving an overview of everything that had come to my mind. By aĺl means we each add our own colour and flavour to the thread, lol. I'd rather Ayaka made it interesting, haha.

Yeah, I'm gun-ho. There's no stopping me, lol. Everything I brought up is flexible though. The thread takes another organic direction I'd rather that. I just talk a lot, I don't expect ya ta do what I say, haha.

Lilthis
05-21-2018, 07:33 PM
I’m definitely interested in doing this one. Alerian operatives would certainly put Lilly on edge and she’d be motivated to go through all of this to study something as interesting as a magical space rock.

Yvonne
05-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Sweet, who will begin? Anybody have an awesome thread name? :o

House of Cards
05-26-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm approved now, and I could probably come up with a decent opener, if y'all are okay with that.

Yvonne
05-26-2018, 12:08 PM
That sounds great ta me. After ye good sir.

Amari
05-27-2018, 02:36 AM
yeh just link away when done. Am using Aynur with Aegis.

I doubt it, but if anyone has any good ways with good ol' Amari let me know.
But she's a hard nut; and is moer or less waiting around for lye to drag his ass back to the Inner Sanctum XD

House of Cards
05-27-2018, 08:20 PM
Ahem I called it what? (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1232-Guns-and-Ammunition)

I figured Phyr will wait a turn or two to go into the shop, giving everyone else a chance to get into place. I left time of day vague, so feel free to use that as suits the story. Also feel free to interact with/develop the guards, I don't have any specific plans for them other than that Phyr eventually gets away. At this point they're trying to capture him alive, and they'd probably be posing as tourists or businessfolk or something.

Amari
05-27-2018, 08:36 PM
OK I WI go Next to set up the shop.

Will need to get an idea on what you two think your characters souls look like too since the village and Ayaka can see souls.

Lilthis
05-27-2018, 10:16 PM
Ok, I can wait and go before/after Yvonne her preference.

Lilly’s soul is a bit tormented but she mostly ignores it when she can. She’s fairly aloof/naive, genuinely a good person who stays optimistic, however she rarely shares her true feelings with others. She is hiding her identity so she’ll react poorly when Alerian authorities arrive (mostly nervous)

Yvonne
05-28-2018, 04:10 AM
Wow, what a question to ask Alerians, haha! They don't really believe in souls, do they? I guess it makes no difference in a fantasy setting. Souls definitively exist, yepyep. Well, in that case... let me think... ~_O

I'm just going to thought dump about this because I hadn't really thought about it until now, lol. Maybe you can pick out the pieces that apply Amari, to, you know, how a soul looks.

If good and evil have any bearing, in like a brightening or darkening sense respectively Yvonne would be vividly grey. She has a very strong, passionate and emotional personality and yet she's neutral in terms of morality and ethics. She's committed many kindly acts and almost as many shady deeds. Maybe her soul would be mostly grey with occasional glows and dims of white and black?

If emotion has bearing on how a soul looks, well she's quite layered there. She was a depressed youth, fear and sorrow were the emotions that came to the fore then, and in a lot of ways they still do - however she's found her feet now and is actively struggling to free herself from both of them. I'd imagine fear to manifest as black and sorrow to manifest as blue. Her frustration with how things are and her drive to make change, it's essentially anger completely under her control and would be red. Outwardly she projects confidence, optimism, even happiness and contentment. She finds that pretending to feel good gets much better responses from others, but I guess this pretending would have no effect on her soul whatsoever.

If souls are just ghosts, well... she'd look like an ethereal half drow and half dwarf? Her spiritual well being is quite poorly tended at the moment. She's got a pretty good idea of what she needs to do, find, accomplish to feel better about herself but she's simultaneously finding it very difficult to achieve these goals. She does occasionally take a little time out for herself, meditate, take a breath and calm her mind. That said she's lived a hard life and I expect it's not going to get any easier any time soon.

So, yea. Help?

You'll be quicker off the mark than me Lilly, heehee. You usually are. I can go fourth, no problemo. :rolleyes:

Amari
06-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Let me know if anyone is waiting on replies! everything should be hunky dory now

FennWenn
06-07-2018, 02:10 PM
crimcrim, eeeeeeeeeee

but only if you are caught up on you rest! get the sleeps, D :

Amari
06-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Ok, working on it now Fenn!

This is just for my own personal record so please let me know if I need or am missing something including things I have off -site in Gdocs!

On site
Reply needed with Ayaka to Guns and Ammunition
Thread Starter with Ayaka to Cul

Off Site

Ayaka reply needed to Animal Behaivour
Eteri reply to Stabilization

Breaker
06-23-2018, 05:22 PM
I have shortposted. It seemed appropriate, since there's so much going on elsewhere in the room and Phyr is trying to fade into the background. I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to make the spies come in after Phyr. He would attempt to hide himself behind a wall of shadow, but it can be up to you whether or not that works.

Lilthis
06-23-2018, 05:36 PM
I thought it was good. We should probably have the spies enter at some point. Maybe after Yvonne and Lilly don their disguises?

Amari
06-24-2018, 04:30 AM
So tempted to have Ayaka taunt him