PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Greetings

Culaco
06-09-2018, 10:29 AM
So, I've had an account for a few days and a character basically since I made the account, but haven't introduced myself or really done anything.

So hi! I'm Culaco, somebody that likes to write on the more light-ish hearted side of the spectrum, though I'm not afraid or unwilling to go diving into the dark. I've kinda been absent a little bit because I both am a little too shy to pop up in the discord.....aaaand I might have broken my shoulder super recently.

I play Keeara, a drunk, aggressive loudmouth who spits more water than a Squirtle's Water gun. I haven't exactly done anything with her yet, I'm not exactly where to start if I'm honest.

As a writer, I'd say my biggest weakness is more along the planning side of things. English isn't my first language, though I'm pretty much completely fluent in it by now, after about 15 years of living in England itself. I'm not sure what I'd say is my strongest point as a writer, though I'd probably say it's something along the lines of being able to stay in character and coming up with things on the fly. I suck at planning things out for the long term and often get swayed by my whims and end up forgetting plans, but impulsive and sudden decisions are things I find quite easy, possibly too much so.

But yeah, I figured I'd finally formally introduce myself. I'm hoping you'll see me around more, if I can actually work up the nerve to speak up in the Discord.

FennWenn
06-09-2018, 11:32 AM
Greetins, new friend! : D

I won't worry too much about having a long-term plan; I too began in the position of "I haven't the foggiest idea what to do with this character". If you jump into a few things, you might find that a plan (or else the vaguest meanderings of an ongoing plot) sorta unravels itself?

(and don't worry, discord is chill

getit?

chill?

*puns off into the night*)

Lilthis
06-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Welcome! You should absolutely post more on the discord, lots of nice people. I’m pretty new myself but if you find yourself interested we could write together at some point.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Hey man. Good talking on discord the other day! Welcome!

I haven't had a single plan my whole life, and I ended up an accountant, married with a kid.

So, basically, planning is overrated.

Nevin
06-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Welcome welcome, join the madness. And join discord, we're friendly and don't bite! I promise. Also a good place to find people to write with.

And plans are no good. Nevin as supposed to just be a little shop owner support dude, and now he is... Not. So just go with where the stories take you!

Breaker
06-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Welcome once more! I thought your character had lots of potential, so I'm looking forward to see what mischief she can get up to on Althanas.

If you just aren't interested in plotting, don't let that worry you! Lots of great writers don't do much plotting, and I know that many Althanas threads are mostly or completely improvised. Sometimes, that's part of the fun!

If on the other hand you are interested in doing more plotting for your stories, I'll post a couple links below to tools that could get you started.

One basic look at a way of plotting a story (http://katherineharbour.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-template-for-fantasy-story.html)

A list of basic plot ideas and a quick breakdown of the Hero's Journey (http://www.darcypattison.com/writing/plot/29-plot-templates/)

Amari
06-09-2018, 02:08 PM
I need to bug you more in our group chat! PLAN ALL THE THINGS! EX OH EX OH

Yvonne
06-09-2018, 08:01 PM
Ooh, new blood, and a reptilian ta boot! We like new bloods. Welcome, yesyes, come in, come and play. Ooh, quite the hot head I see. Yes, ye will do nicely.

Ye know, I think ye would be a riot ta write with. Keeara drinks tha drinks and Yvonne makes tha drinks. We would get along we might, haha. Our personalities would clash magnificently.

I know someone else who just adores getting sprayed with water. *smirk* Maybe I can sweet talk them into writing a thread with us. I see yer interested in Dheathain - we could start thereabouts. Yvonne's already there during the earlier part of her time line, and Fenn has 'reasons' for being there too.

What do you two think? Trio in Dheathain? We should discuss.

Unless ye don't wanna or have better ideas. I can handle rejection. :D

Flamebird
06-10-2018, 12:02 AM
Welcome! :)

Rayleigh
06-12-2018, 11:21 AM
HI!

(Its Mags.)