PDA

View Full Version : [Open] ~The Wayward Soul.~

Nosdyn
06-12-2018, 02:51 PM
(Posted it correct this time please disregard the other thread)

(Note: This thread is primarily a ~SOCIAL~ project and it is open to everybody who wants to participate. Regardless of level. Contacting me before joining is not necessary I just want everybody in on this thread.)

Nosdyn stepped out of the hospital a few days after Jake had left. He didn't know what he should have felt with his former enemy now turned into a potential ally. Was that other one, the demon I met in that place that time correct...? Can demons and men live in peace together...? It was a profound dream. And some dreams were more dangerous than others. However, Nosdyn's dream was profound. He wanted to create an Althanas where demons and men could live in harmony. Stonevale had changed him. Perhaps the legends of Stonevale were true. This place changes people. Why should I be any different...? Nosdyn thought to himself. The streets of Stonevale were busy that day, a Monday afternoon when Nosdyn emerged from the healing center. He'd dressed himself and big farewell to the healers. They mentioned to him it was not only their strength that had saved Nosdyn. Rather, Nosdyn had fought to live.

His amber coloured eyes observed the town. With it's rustic Scara Brae buildings, architecture. The older houses, some of them, were in need of repair. Nosdyn would volunteer to help the township progress. Nosdyn just noticed that it was raining that day. Clouds loomed overhead, and the rain was warm. He looked up at the sky. Then turned his attention back to the township itself. There was a lot that needed to be done. He thought about the words that Jake had told me. Maybe my dream is insane...maybe I'm reaching. But it is something worth fighting for. Nosdyn thought about where Jake would be heading after their meeting. But he hoped their paths would cross again. One day, we will meet again Jake. Nosdyn noticed that William Blake, the guard's captain was looking at him. Nosdyn nodded to the older fellow and walked towards him. "William."

"You're star-crossed, Haidian. I'll grant you that." William was standing there looking relaxed. He also wore bandages and had a splint on one of his legs. "Damned goblins. Jake is a skilled fighter, we were able to stave off their attack thanks to your actions."

Nosdyn nodded. He did not feel like a Hero though. "They'll come back. The attack was the start of something bigger."

"Probably." William said calmly. "But that's not important now. Nosdyn, what happened to you? You've changed considerably in your time here."

Nosdyn sighed for a moment. "I'm not entirely certain." Nosdyn began. "But this place, this town...gave me a reason to fight for somebody else. Instead of myself or other selfish reasons."

William nodded. "This place has that effect on people." William looked at Nosdyn. "What will you do now?"

"I can no longer act as a mercenary. I want to do more...help Stonevale out more. Maybe settle down here." Nosdyn admitted, he'd been thinking about that for a long time.

"Interesting." William said calmly. "You could always join the guards of Stonevale...or perhaps...head to Scara Brae proper and introduce yourself to the royal palace."

Nosdyn nodded, his eyes were deep in thought, the rain felt good against his powerful blue skin. "All possibilities. I have heard of an alchemist named Nevin that lives in this town. I might seek him out at some point. But for now...what I ultimately want is a place to live."

"A house you mean." William thought as he said that. "The mayor owes me a favour or two. I think I can arrange that. When the audience with the mayor is ready, I'll contact you and ask you to join me so that we can talk with him."

"Very well." Nosdyn said. "In the mean time, I'm fucking hungry. I'm going to see about getting a bite to eat."

William chuckled at that. "Thaynespeed my friend." And he walked away to go converse with the mayor...

(^Enter HERE)

Yvonne
06-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Yvonne stood contently in the middle of Stonevale. She endured the rain without paying it much mind, her thoughts on far more important matters - wearing a white wool cloak to resist the water a while, hooded to keep her hair dry and a brown fur scarf to warm her neck. The black-skinned mixed breed examined her soon-to-be competitors, retailers whom tended their market stalls and stone-and-mortar businesses. The humble open marketplace took the brunt of the rain, the downpour drowning out the ordinarily noisy bargaining and haggling of products.

Some retailers obviously planned ahead for rainy days and unfurled cloth canopies over their point of sale, to keep their appreciative customers as dry as possible. Other business owners hadn’t invested in rain-deflective canopies, and likewise the customers they hoped to have weren’t investing in them. The observation proved enlightening to the originally cave-dwelling half drow, half dwarf. Businesses in Kachuck never needed to manage environmental conditions like rain. The winter freeze and the odd snowstorm ravaging the mountain had been more of an issue.

Plenty of food for hungry bellies lined the market stalls, all colours of fruit and vegetables, baked breads and pastries, many varieties of meat and especially fish - a few businesses even fried fish right before one’s very eyes and beneath one’s nose. A clever trick to convince potential buyers that, yes, they were indeed hungry and should trade to fill their empty stomachs. The businesses without reliable roofing couldn’t provide the heady aromas and potent smells. Scents which drew the town’s citizens beneath their shelters and close to their sizzling frying pans - where the customer would have the hardest time resisting a purchase.

Stonevale’s market was modest and Yvonne’s rivals would be few and far between, however a surface market played by different rules which she would need to know intimately. Without the knowledge of the area and sources of product - without knowing who the leading retailers were and which commodities they traded - without owning and operating a storehouse or warehouse, opening a business could go belly-up quicker than she blinked.

The shrewd trader would have been nothing if she had not learned to be astute. Her sharp, perceptive eyes could swiftly assess her current circumstances to find an escape route, detect a weakness or - as was the case here - exploit a business opportunity. What these people needed, particularly on a rainy day such as this one, was a steaming cup of tea. A cozy place to dry off and sit a spell wouldn’t be too bad either, to enjoy the miserable weather through a closed window, by a roaring hearth while reading a good book.

You couldn’t compete with the local inn or the rowdy pub down the road a ways by night, but by day these places closed up to clean up. Not many were interested in alcohol during the early hours or through the noonday. This was an opportunity to offer something else, a ‘house of tea’ which would be open throughout the day and into the night. If she could arrange suppliers, logistics, employees and settle on payment for each, she would know how expensive her tea haven would be to visit. Drive the price down in any reasonable way, to make the experience affordable and the more popular (and profitable) it would become.

An unusual individual entered her peripheral line of sight, interrupting her business considerations. Quite a tall male even from this distance and, by the way he carried himself and protected his body with a complete set of leather armour from neck to toe, Yvonne immediately pegged him for a warrior or a rogue. He wore intimidation like she wore confidence, but none of that had taken her by her shimmering silver eye and turned her head.

His blue skin had drawn her attention to him. That narrowed the possibilities of his race down substantially and she’d bet against him being a fae in a heartbeat. No, and he was tall but not tall enough to be a frost giant. Only one race lingered in her mind unable to be ruled out, but that race made no sense whatsoever. Finding one here in the small mining town of Stonevale, on this little backwater rock of Scara Brae seemed as unlikely as finding her. They shared a border on the other side of the world for crying out loud. In a different life they would have been bloodthirsty enemies, vying for land and resources, for continued existence.

Yvonne approached the Haidian demon and then turned, walking parallel alongside him, deciding it best to keep more than a sword-length distance. She supposed he, like everyone else, just wanted a hot meal and a place to keep the rain off, however the fact that they were geographical neighbours certainly didn’t make them friendly with each other. First she had to test the waters, see for herself how much of a threat he could be.

“What in tha volcanic, geothermal-blazes of Tular would ye be doing, stomping around a backwater country like Scara Brae!? Did ye trip over one of yer rocky crags, fall over tha Raiaeran Sea, knock yer head on Corone on tha way through and crash land in Stonevale, or what?” Yvonne questioned in her most pleasant tone.

Nosdyn
06-12-2018, 11:33 PM
Nosdyn was lost in thought as he made his way to the local inn. He needed a hot meal and a hot drink after having spend several days cooped up in the local healing center. The last attack on Stonevale from the goblin horde had nearly killed Nosdyn. His mood was a little sour but he was no longer a mean individual. He'd learned tolerance and acceptance the same way that the Stonevale citizenry had accepted HIM. So when the girl's question was asked Nosdyn stopped moving for a moment. He slowly turned his glowing yellow/amber coloured eyes towards her with a raised eyebrow.

"That accent..." Nosdyn found himself saying. Nosdyn was not a fool, he recognized most accents that he'd come across. "Are you from Ettermire...?" Nosdyn asked. The he sighed. "I live here in Stonevale." He didn't know how much he should tell the strange Dwarf like woman before him. "I've lived here for a few years now. Looking to settle down and buy property." Nosdyn noticed that the warm rain was getting a lot harder as time passed. He raised his own hood. His glowing eyes were visible within the shadow cast upon his face. He did not wear his mask at the moment, he only wore that when he was on duty for William, going for dangerous missions.

"I'm heading to the tavern. Going to get food, wanna come with me...?" Nosdyn asked. "I can treat you to a hot meal." Nosdyn said carefully. He had time on his hands for the moment anyway, he still had to get his place of living sorted. Though camping out in Brokenthorn Forest had benefits, he didn't want to keep doing that anymore. Eventually, he would seek citizenship in Stonevale, and seek out asylum from Haidia in Scara Brae proper. But for the time being, he just wanted to enjoy a hot meal with the people he'd helped save.

For a moment he thought of the battle against the goblin horde. He'd nearly died that day...in fact...he HAD died. Several times over. He'd died and yet he was standing in front of Yvonne very much alive. Nosdyn wore leather clothing for armour. He kept his weapon at his side, attached to his belt. The weapon was shut off at the moment and it was silent. As he looked around the city of Stonevale, he could see the familiar alleys and back streets. People were making their way to the local tavern and inn trying to hide from the rain. Nosdyn noticed the ebb and flow of it all. He looked at Yvonne. "What do you say? I spent some time in Alerar before. Kind of miss Ettermire. I might return someday." Nosdyn waited to hear Yvonne's response. "My name is Nosdyn by the way." And he nodded towards Yvonne.

A pleasure to be sure. Nosdyn thought to himself. He liked her way of talking it reminded him of many of the citizens of Ettermire and how they spoke. He waited for her response as the rain poured down. It seemed like a storm had settled in.

Aegis
06-13-2018, 10:33 PM
"Why didn't you protect me in that bar fight! I paid you good money to keep me safe!" The shrill, high, nasally whine of the thin, rat-like man who was currently bouncing around Tristain pierced straight through the mercenary's wars, and his right eye began to twitch as his fingers drummed repeatedly against the hilt of his hammer as he worked to suppress the urge to bury it into the man's face. Through clenched teeth, Tristain spat out a reply.

"As I told you before you took it upon yourself to participate in that brawl, your contract with me ended when we reached the town safely. You recall that you were trying to convince me otherwise when you followed me into that bar in the first place?" Tristain's rough voics was as calm and level as he could manage, though at this point he was fighting a losing battle with his temper. The small man he was talking with tried puffing himself up, bouncing on the heels of his feet.

"The contract was to get me home safely! And until I buy a house here I am not -" Tristain cut the man off with a growl of irritation.

"Which is a breach of contract. Hiring a bodyguard for a trip between towns is one thing. Hiring a bodyguard for a prolonged stay in one town is another entirely. Our contract was quite clearly the journey between Shirecliff and Stonevale, as I stated to you several times, at least once in writing." The rat-like man began to open his mouth again, but the creak of leather cut him off. "Enough. Leave. Go about your business. Next time you wish to hire a guard, make sure you are quite explicit with your desires, and do not try to prevaricate." He looked like he wanted to argue, but the threat of violence in Tristain's eyes, peering out from above an ice blue scarf, must have finally gotten through to him. He blanched, and left - fairly running way from the mercenary, who let out a soft sigh.

One hand came up and adjusted the scarf around his face and neck, pulling it up slightly higher as he looked around. Now that he no longer was dealing with the clingy little merchant, he could tie the time to take in the sights of Stonevale. Maybe he would try finding a place near here to move himself into - the city proper looked to be a fairly busy hub of activity, so contracts might be easier to come by than in the outlying towns. And it was far enough away from the capital that he wouldn't be risking competing with any of the major bands active at the moment.

As rain began to fall, a bit of commotion further down the street drew his attention. It was a little hard to make out in the stormy gloom, but it seemed a short person was confronting a much taller one, and drawing attention to the pair in the process. It wasn't a fight - the people around them were too split between watching, and walking by for that to be the case, but it did seem that something was happening. Curious, Tristain headed through the crowded streets, using his bulk and heavily armored frame to shoulder his way through to get a better look.

Well. The short person was not a child as he had initially believed, but rather a foreigner - an exotic one at that, coal black skin and silver eyes. The taller figure wasn't much better, with strangely blue skin, and and odd tone at that. Tristain didn't notice how a few of the city-folk surreptitiously slid behind his rumored frame, his eyes caught on the odd spectacle before him. From what he could tell the dwarf seemed to be the agitated one here, while the blue-skinned man was ambivalent as he offered to have a drink.

"Might want to take him up on that offer, miss." Trista in shoved forward, breaking from the reticent crowd a rain fell on them all. "Drawing a bit of attention out here. Blue man - I know where a bar is, but I doubt the food there is too enticing. Would either of you know where a better meal can be obtained?" It was a bit rude of him to shove in like this, but the mention of food he reminded Tristan that he himself was an outsider here, and that he was hungry from the journey here from Shorecliff.

Yvonne
06-14-2018, 06:46 AM
The Alerian hybrid felt as though she was flirting with death. Curiosity killed the cat, after all. Walking alongside a Haidian demon, even keeping distance for safety should have had consequences. Death didn’t come immediately so she began to ponder, wondering how much more she could pry into this demon’s business and get away with it.

Nosdyn he had named himself. Plenty of information had been offered for her to process already. The amber-eyed demon had almost certainly spoken lies, a clever cover story to shroud a Haidian spy come to invade the island of Scara Brae. His outwardly nonchalant body language looked commendable, certainly - she would give him that - but her strategically placed silver eyes noticed his tiny details of hesitation. The demon had thought carefully about his words and she knew it! Obviously that meant a change from his initial response.

Yvonne nearly replied to this supposed ‘Nosdyn’, her black lips ajar and about to say something more when a gruff human male rudely interrupted her and their cordial conversation. She closed her lips with a bit of a sneer, pausing as she turned to face him. The half-and-halfling’s silver eyes glinted dangerously and narrowed.

“Who tha blooming cockerel wallops ye be? Ye don’t get ta tell me what I should or should not do, young man,” she stated, terse. With that, she turned back to Nosdyn.

Who does this rust-bucket man think he be, barging into our conversation? Not only rude but packing tha gall ta advise me about how ta interact with a Haidian demon? Yer got ta be joking, don’t ye? Don’t any of these short-lived humans know their histories? This one be more likely ta eat me than share a meal with me. They invaded tha land of me ancestors and sought ta rid tha world of every other race! They butchered an entire dwarven civilization and I ‘might want ta take him up on his offer?’

“Hmph,” Yvonne snorted derisively.

Eyes of the market crowd watched them, obviously, but it was less about the three of them making a fuss - more about two exotic foreigners mingling together and a bunch of superstitious humans feeling suspicious. They were probably glad this tin man was stepping in to sort it out. Two foreigners talking clearly meant trouble. An ill omen! Quickly, someone knock on wood to ward off the evil spirits!

“I think it’d be safer ta stay here in tha rain, but thank ye for offering. Only risk catching a cold here in tha market,” Yvonne finally replied for the demon’s benefit only. I’d rather catch me death hundreds of years from now. Not today.

The annoyed little woman knew very well where they might dine and enjoy an excellent meal. That said she didn’t trust the demon enough to invite him into the inn where she resided, and she certainly wasn’t in the mood for playing nice with the arrogant knight beside her. Instead she simply crossed her arms beneath her bosom and brought her woolen cloak fully about herself, sticking her nose in the air.

Nosdyn
06-15-2018, 06:26 PM
Raising an eyebrow at both the armoured fellow and the dark-skinned shorter woman...Nosdyn sighed.

He was used to the old routine of people not trusting him for who he was. What race he belong to. She reacted in a typical surface dweller fashion, but Nosdyn was not bothered. He turned his attention towards the heavily armoured knight fellow. That warhammer has clan markings of some sort. He wondered what sort of clan that the knight belonged to. He turned his attention back towards the woman, remembering his manners. Nosdyn had the urge to defend himself, and he'd be right in the matter. He frowned. "I TOLD YOU. I have lived here for many years now. Good work here. I'm looking to get my living situation sorted since I had a camp out in the forest. Having a house is more hospitable than having a camp in some cases." Nosdyn had a thick accent as he spoke. He wasn't speaking in a Haidian accent, but rather, the Scara Braean's accent rubbed off on the demon.

"William told me I could settle down here once I have my house sorted. I have already proven enough. I nearly died for Stonevale." Nosdyn had probably already revealed too much but he just wanted people to stop being racist towards him. Though he accepted that it would be a long road ahead. Though Nosdyn knew, there were thousands of Jake Narmonalya in the world. They would never accept him for who he was. Just Demon trying to live. Nosdyn would continue to argue the point if he had to. He felt he had to for the sake of his own sanity. If he was to make allies they would have to set aside their racial differences with his kind...and he would of them.

Though to be fair, Nosdyn inherently didn't hate any of the surface dwellers. He disliked individuals, but not a whole group of a race. His eyes narrowed as he turned his attention towards the knight. "I was going to settle for the pub's food but there is a fancy restaurant nearby too. I could treat you two. Lunch is on me." He tried to smile, though he was still recovering from his recent injuries. The expression did not look right on his face. He sighed. He looked at both of his companions for a moment or two. He'd wait to hear what either had to say. The rain was coming down harder at that point. Nosdyn had images flash in his mind of the moments before he passed out fighting the goblin invasion from last time.

He'd held the line. Because of his sacrifice, Stonevale had averted complete disaster. Nosdyn looked the Alerar girl square in the eyes. "It looks like a big storm is coming in from the mountains. No good to stay out here like that, many of the outdoor stalls are already closing. It's warmer indoors anyway." Nosdyn nodded to both of them. "But yeah the place I know about makes high quality Stonevale food. We can feast there." The wind was already howling from the east. Rain was pouring down at an angle, dripping off the rim of Nosdyn's cloak. For some reason, the thought dawned on him. He removed a spare cloak from his packs and offered it to the female dwarf. "I don't want you catching cold on my watch. You could get really sick out here." Nosdyn handed her the cloak. "Here. Take it, on the house, you don't owe me anything." Nosdyn waited for her response and the response of the knight.

Aegis
06-16-2018, 09:04 AM
"My name, lady, is Tristain." The mercenary growled out in a rough voice from behind his scarf, narrowing his eyes t the short woman. He didn't know why the coal-skinned girl was so openly hostile towards the blue man, but it couldn't be anything good. Not if she was being actively and openly rude, and rejecting offers of food for standing in the rain. He slowly unclenched his jaw, set in a grind from her tone.

He started to turn to look at the blue man, hoping he would be more rational - and the other immediately launched into defending and explaining himself, claiming he had nearly died in defending this town. It seemed like neither of them was going to be backing down from this little confrontation - one side clearly feeling slighted on a personal front, while - ah. She wasn't just oddly colored. She was foreign, an individual from Alerar. Which meant that her issues with the blue skinned man made a fair bit more sense.

If it wasn't for the fact that most of the townsfolk didn't seem to be actively afraid of the demon in their midst, then Tristain would have started trying to get the thing - the man, out of the town. But no - while they were most definitely watching, some of them stubborn and sticking around as fat raindrops began falling on their heads, it wasn't fear that the mercenary saw in their faces. No, it was the sick - to him at least - fascination with an upcoming fight, the desire and hope to see some blood spilled. Tristain felt his lip curl slightly as he looked at the mixture of expressions around them, then turned back to see the demon holding out his cloak.

"Lady. The townsfolk seem to know the Haidian. They are not running and screaming from the sight of him, at least. Best not to judge him just based on his appearances, perhaps? But no, you are right. Not my place to get in your little tirade. Oi, blue man - Nosdyn, yes? Point me in the direction of this restaurant. Whether or not you pay, I am hungry enough to eat a horse." If the little lady wanted to be obstinate and stand out in the rain - and if she wasn't willing to eat in the same building as the demon, then she certainly likely to take his cloak - then more power to her. Let her get soaked in the rain, some other do gooder could try to save her from herself.

Yvonne
06-16-2018, 01:49 PM
What in tha quiver-wriggles of Dheathain’s tangles be going on today? Mayhap I hit me own bloody noggin on tha way here. None of it be making any sense. On one side I’ve got a Haidian demon showing me chivalry and on tha other a knight in shining armour giving me tone. Surely me eyes be cross-eyed and their voices have swapped bodies momentarily.

Yvonne rubbed her forehead in thought, feeling the onset of a headache coming on. She stood there trying to process everything, trying to decide whether her initial reactions had been warranted or whether she needed to change her tune in a hurry. Indecision slowed her down and the baffling confusion, it captured her in its entangling web from which escape would be unlikely. There must be some other explanation that these two weren’t giving her.

The discontented hybrid eyed the gift Nosdyn presented her with, a cloak which would doubtlessly be far too big for her small stature. While not physically practiced in the arts of war, mentally she was aware of all kinds of devious tricks one would only play on their worst enemies. The term cloak and dagger could be utilized quite literally. A stranger could wrap a warm cloak around their victim, creating the illusion of benevolence. The victim would quickly find themselves held in place however, as though trapped in a net - the dagger would be revealed and buried between ribs.

“Yer far too kind sir. Put tha cloak away. I could fold it in half and it’d still be too big for little me,” she advised, breaking the ice moderately with a giggle and a smile. She still didn’t trust the demon, but the gesture had done some work on her, certainly.

Tristain’s words lingered in her mind. He had dismissed her and turned away, as she had done to him, but not without leaving her with plenty to ponder. Best not to judge the demon based on his appearances, he had said. Well, that’s why she had attempted to get to know the demon in the first place, and she would have done so in her own time, but he had rudely butted in while she felt vulnerable. His original suggestion to take up the offer of a free meal sounded awfully like do as he says to her ears, and that flared her defensive instincts.

Yvonne didn’t bother to respond to the cold-shouldering rust bucket. He wasn’t speaking to her anymore anyway. She spoke to Nosdyn. His amber eyes were still upon her.

“Yer chivalry be appreciated, truly. Ye lads go on ahead and get yer selves some grub. I’ve got a few things left ta wrap up before tha market closes, and then I’ll be along. Go, go. Show tinhead where tha food be before tha rain washes tha oil from his creaky joints,” Yvonne wisecracked, smirking.

The Rambler
06-17-2018, 03:30 AM
Yvonne was out here, somewhere, he knew, and Henry’s bright blue eyes scanned back and forth through the rainy air, searching for his friend. Originally she had wanted to go out to the town and he had stayed at the orphanage, helping Mother Matilda watch the children - but then Henry had heard the low rumble of storm clouds. A look outside had shown the sky darkening, and a quick check told him that the young woman had not taken her rain cloak with her. As soon as he realized that, Henry had immediately donned his own coat and taken off, looking for her with her cloak in his hand.

The musician became more and more concerned as the rain began to fall and he still hadn't found Yvonne. He definitely didn't want the dwarf to get sick from the storm, and it was getting worse as he walked through the streets. Henry gave distracted greetings to the townspeople who called out to him - his mind not really registering their ords as worry gnawed at the back of his mind.

“Yvonne, Yvonne! Where are you?” The storm was making it harder to see as the clouds darkened the sky. Henry’s strident voice called out over the crowd, drawing a few curios gazes in his direction. He ignored them as he strode confidently along - none of them were short, with alluring silver eyes, so they weren't who he was calling for.

A cluster of people, slowly spreading apart, caught his attention. Confused he turned his attention in that direction for a moment - long enough to make out a familiar figure. Relief washed through him, and he immediately began walking towards her, easily slipping his lithe frame through the dispersing crowd, easily weaving his way past the men and women who were walking away from.. Something. He ignored the other two individuals that were in the center of the crowd for the moment, instead fixating his attention on the dwarf girl.

“There you are.” His voice was was warm and heavily tinged with relief. Deft hands unfurled the treated leather, and he draped it over her shoulders with a smooth, swift action. He let his hands linger on her shoulders for a moment, a brief, affectionate gesture, before he pulled back and turned his attention to the other two, taking in who she had been speaking with.

One was an armored man, walking away at a steady pace. Not that Henry could blame him, considering he was wearing heavy armor and it was beginning to rain. The other - the other had a rather unique blue skin, and Henry stiffened for a moment, slightly shifting forward so he was standing beside Yvonne rather than behind her. He didn't recognize the Haidian, but he did know the race - after Yvonne had taken up room at Mother Matilda’s, Henry had dug into the history of her region a bit, eager to know more about the young woman.

“I’m sorry it took me so long to catch up to you, Yvonne. I hope the rain didn't get you too wet.” He bit back the quip he wanted to say - he was not comfortable enough to say it in public, not yet - as he turned his head back to Yvonne, watching the blue demon from the corner of his eye.

FennWenn
06-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Wings dragging along the wet stone, antennae and hairfluff tangling beneath his hood, Fenn splashed his way through the streets of Stonevale. A brown cloak was slung about him. The garb hung a little loose on his tiny frame, but it was perfect, or rather, it was a most perfectly nifty wardrobe item. Though not soft the way his green cloak was, its waxy threads protected him from the rough weather. No longer did he need to fear and flee the cursed sky-piss known as rain! No longer would he freeze into a frosty little statue! His feet were still wet, but that wasn’t an issue so long as he kept moving. Cheerfully, he waded through grey air and thicky sploshy puddles, watching water pool in the cracks of the path and divots in the grass.

He was here to visit an old friend of his. Or, so he had been told; Fenn’s previous acquaintances had been wiped clean from his mind, like chalk off a slate. But his friend, Banrion, hadn’t. The snake-headed fae slowly filled him in on the details of his pre-metamorphosis life. Apparently, an alchemist he once knew lived in this town.

But the boy was in no particular rush to make his re-introduction. For the moment, he was here to stick it to the weather and find some grub.

But before he could do that, he spotted a different old friend. One he had met recently enough to certainly, definitely remember.

Good work, brain.

There were several men gathered around her. One was a skinny lad, with brown hair and an air of warmth to him. The other two were quite frightening; one, demonic in appearance, the other covered head-to-toe in shiny burny iron plate metal. It made Fenn shudder in his cloak. He did have a very nice scarf though… A very, very nice scarf. Long, blue, silky-pretty. It made his thieving hands itch just looking at it. Ooh, soft.

Mouth’s ends twitching up into a sly grin, the boy plodded over. Yvvie certainly was the popular one! Of course she was; she was pretty and witty, and he assumed that would line suitors up at her door for miles and miles.

But what did the young fae know about romance?

What he did know was that he might have overheard the word “food”. And food was never not needed. If he had to theatrically pretend to faint of hunger in front of this strange crowd to seal the deal on a free meal, he would.

Nosdyn
06-20-2018, 02:36 PM
(Excellent work so far ALL)

Nosdyn replaced the cloak back in his packs. He was glad to have diffused whatever situation was about to erupt had he not offered the peace offering. Nosdyn nodded towards Yvonne. Then a couple more of the townfolks were present. The first, Nos noticed was a bard-style folks that was blathering about an Yvonne this Yvonne that. He wasn't sure if the bard folk was referring to the Alerar girl or not. But they seemed on friendlier terms with one another.

Then...it happened.

As the rain poured down, Nos noticed something out the corner of his eyes. At first, he thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. But then, upon closer inspection he knew what he was seeing was in fact a Fae-folk. "By The Thayne, I'll be damned." Nosdyn suddenly said. His eyes were locked on the approaching Fae's small form. If one weren't observant enough they would assume the fae folk was just another small urchin kid. Lost, and hungry. But Nosdyn knew. His kind had interacted with certain fae folk in the past. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes as he observed the small one approaching. He then turned to look at Tristain. "Let's get some food. I know a good place, follow me." Nos turned his attention back towards the Alerar girl. "The restaurant is called the slaughtered lamb. One of the bigger restaurants." He explained to Yvonne....or at least he assumed that the bard was addressing her as Yvonne.

"Ask for my table when you arrive at the restaurant and we'll meet there." Nos looked at Tristain at that point. "Let's go eat. And get out of this forsaken rain." Nos kept his eyes on the fae boy, and decided that he would interact with the small fellow. "But give me a moment. I want to talk to that kid over there." Nos protected the fae's identity, he figured that the little fellow would not want his identity revealed to the whole town. Nos walked over towards the small boy. He nodded towards him. "Are you lost, or hungry...or perhaps both...?" Nos asked. "If you want to eat, you can join my friends and myself for a good, hot meal and get out of this rain." Nos said calmly. The fae boy was a particularly interesting specimen. And his eyes seemed to have a fierce intellect. The magicallly kind...

Nos knew it would be wise not to piss the fae thing off.

Yvonne
06-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Chivalry from Nosdyn and chivalry from Henry. My, my, she was a lucky one today. Providing Yvonne with cloaks for fear she might catch a cold seemed like the in thing to do. All the cool kids were doing it. She already wore a white fur cloak, though it had indeed soaked through so their concern wasn’t entirely without justification. Henry had placed a second cloak of treated leather about her shoulders and this one would keep the rain at bay, no question.

“Yer such a keeper. Bless yer heart dear,” the damp hybrid said. Just as well she’d turned down the third cloak. Her shoulders could only bear so much!

She noticed how his hands had lingered after furnishing her with the extra layer. Yvonne smiled and bat her eyelashes demurely, glancing at the winsome minstrel beside her. He had genuinely worried about her well being? His confidence had grown in the time they’d spent together. Mayhap some of hers had rubbed off on him.

Tristain and Nosdyn were leaving, though not without extending the invitation once again - to dine with them at The Slaughtered Lamb. The Haidian had persistence - he knew what he wanted and he just got on with getting it done. The slate-skinned mongrel felt a glimmer of admiration for the demon in that regard, but his attention had diverted from her and when she noticed who it had landed on her heart skipped a beat.

Mister Fennik Glenwey. Don’t ye talk ta demonic strangers. Don’t ye dare! Ye know better! Too late. Yvonne frowned and looked questioningly at the only person still with her; Henry.

“Did ye know a Haidian demon lives here in Stonevale? Many years he be here, he says. Buying a house, he says. Now he be about ta corrupt me friend Fenn,” Yvonne explained. She shook her head, couldn’t believe it. “Ye can’t trust them Henry, ye can’t. They be dangerous, demons.”

Her motherly instincts overwhelmed any other thoughts. Looking out for the frost fae was all she could think about. She’d protected him in the past and by golly she’d do it again in a heartbeat. Nobody would mess with Yvonne’s friends and get away with it. She didn’t want to go to the restaurant, but if Nosdyn dropped Fenn into this kettle of fish she would be there, watching his every move.

The drow-dwarf pondered her next move and how she would go about attending the restaurant, as well as bringing Henry along. She could use his support. Fenn needed to be safeguarded in case this whole ordeal took a turn for the worse. A light bulb moment struck her.

“Ye know Henry, I think we skipped an important part of our relationship. Ye already brought me home ta meet yer Mama, but ye never asked me out on a date,” Yvonne mentioned, giggling to herself.

Culaco
06-21-2018, 01:37 PM
The Slaughtered Lamb was a restaurant. It sold liquor and alcohol. That was the ONLY reason that anybody should ever need to know exactly why Keeara was currently inhabiting a space within it, nursing a mug of some particularly strong smelling ale as she sat at the bar, her long, powerful tail curled around the stool that she was sat atop. Really, her tail was strong enough to crush the stool entirely if she squeezed around it, but then they'd stop serving her and she'd have to find somewhere else to get her fix of the good stuff! And for a restaurant, this place served up some decent inhibition juice!

It helped that the bartender was cute, if a little young. Flirting with him and watching him light up red like roses was hilarious. She felt absolutely no remorse either, why should she? It wasn't as if she was hurting the poor boy by flirting with him, heck he'd probably go back to his friends after this and brag about it or something along those lines. Maybe make up a couple of lies to big himself up some. Small things that made it seem like she'd actually been into him, or that he was managing to flirt back or something, rather than the embarrassed stammering that she was usually greeted with when she ordered another drink.

And goddamn it, it was raining again! What was with the god forsaken rain following her everywhere? Sure, she might've been at home in warm, humid climates, but that didn't mean that she wanted it to rain no matter where she went! It meant that places were getting busy as people tried to duck out of the rain, meaning that it was taking longer and longer for them to actually serve her! And damn it, she was the only one that mattered in this entire restaurant!

She snorted, chugging the contents of her mug until it was emptied completely, slamming it down once she was done as she sighed, leaning to the side and resting an elbow on the bar, holding her chin in her palm to keep her head held up. Even though it'd become basically her entire life, drinking herself to death alone was boring as hell! Hopefully something would happen soon and make life more fun!

People always had told her to be careful what she wished for....

Nosdyn
06-25-2018, 02:09 PM
(Sorry for the small delay folks this project is still active though and anybody may join. Don't forget yall NO turn order. Just post and we can make this thread long and epic!)

Nosdyn looked at the fae for a moment or two. He recalled hearing one of his family members speak of the summer court fae native to the Haidia/Alerar regions of Althanas. They were an interesting race as Nosdyn recalled what his family members said in his youth. Some were tricksters and thieves, others were simply just there trying to eek out a living. Nosdyn assumed the kid had other plans though and simply invited him to their lunch outing. "If you're interested in a hot meal come to The Slaughtered Lamb and I'll treat you lunch." Nosdyn looked in the general direction of Yvonne and the weird bard and nodded towards then. I have a name now thanks to that crazy bard. People really should learn to control themselves more. He smiled at that thought.

Then he turned towards Tristain. "Let's go eat."

Sitting in The Slaughtered Lamb, Nosdyn had ordered plenty of food for the gathered group of Adventurers. They talked among themselves about various stories and adventures. However, Nosdyn noticed something very very interesting inside of The Slaughtered Lamb restaurant. She was a woman that sat by the bar and seemed to be part of a unique species of native Althanas folks. Nosdyn observed the tail that extended from the lower back of the woman. She drank...heavily and Nosdyn nodded towards her.

Nosdyn had his own appetite to satiate, he was hungry. After the recent events with Jake Narmonalya, the Demon was hungry. He hadn't eaten anything the entire time he'd been under after the events of that time. He'd died for Stonevale. Stonevale had become home. He wasn't sure how or why, but what he DID know was that Stonevale had changed him. A LOT. He found himself caring for the citizenry of that town and he wasn't sure why at that point. He only knew that the town of miners and adventurers had accepted him for he was. It had been some time since he'd declared anywhere home. Sometime since he'd been exiled from the Tular Plains of his birth and had gone on his adventures with The Kenku named Stare.

Stare had become a close friend and ally...someone to fight for. Those conflicting thoughts troubled the once proud Demon. In the past he'd have slayed everyone in the restaurant. But now...he wanted to protect them all. Would he...? He wasn't sure about that. As he sat there observing the lovely tailed girl, he ate his fill. Several times over. He'd ordered plenty of meats and other side dishes for his companions, and whatever else that they'd wanted. Including a round of drinks around the restaurant. Nosdyn was fairly popular with The Stonevale citizens. From the skilled miners, to the whore on the corner. They all knew who he was and had accepted him for he was.

A Demon living within the ranks of men..peacefully.

In the past he would have scoffed at such notions. But at that time period in his life he was not sure. As he thought about that he smelled the scents of alcohol, food and smoke in the air. People generally having a good time with friends and family. Stonevale was a miner's town. But the local guard-folks often hired sell-swords like Nosdyn to take care of this or that situation. That's how Nosdyn had come to live in Stonevale. He ate peacefully, munching loudly and noisily. He was damned hungry. It felt good to eat again...after his selfless sacrifice to buy Stonevale time during the last major goblin strike. Nosdyn remembered what Jake had said.

You had enough poison in you to take down twelve grown men or six halflings. Nosdyn sighed at that thought...

FennWenn
06-28-2018, 07:41 AM
Well well well! No dramatic shenanigans had to occur today; a convenient offering of food satiated the little puck before he could even gesture the notion into other’s awareness. Sometimes, there were advantages to belonging to a group with a reputation of being patently unpredictable off-kilters, even when oneself was (relatively) stable.

The gaggling group had eventually gotten themselves out of the rain and into the Slaughtered Lamb. Water puddled up and froze his feet. Walking into the establishment, Fenn felt a sense of unease prickle the back of his neck underneath his cuff of fluff. It wasn’t bad here, oh no. There was just something familiar about it. Deja vu? His antennae twitching, he stepped over the tarnished wooden floor, squinting up at the warm lanterns lighting the establishment. He must have been here… before. Before he became what he was now. Before his memories had fled him.

Hey was that-

Oh! Keeara! Cheerfully, the little mite of a fae waved to the dragonite, wings ahum with glee, shedding a gust of cold air and a few snowflakes all the while.

She sat at a round table all by her lonesome, nursing a drink. Nursing several, actually. The barkeep, anticipating Keeara’s vast booze-related needs, set a couple of new mugs down on the table beside her, murmuring bashfully about tabs that needed to be paid by the adventurer’s leave. He didn’t seem terribly phased by the strange guests floating about. And why would she be? This town was frequented by all sorts of odd types, Fenn knew; it was one of those “on the way” stops to many places. Not to mention that odd types like that red-haired alchemist he was supposed to reconnect with lived here.

With the smuggest of smiles, Fenn resolved to see if she’d spare him a mug later. What could he say? Stealing and drinking were habits equally well-ingrained within him.

But that was a plan for later. Fenn’s boggy-green bug eyes flicked over to a table for two, suddenly shared by none other than Yvvie, the mysterious warm lad, and a couple of romantic candles. Yes, the small puck did not know much about romance, but he knew a thing or two about what people were nice and good to hang out with, and he figured the two areas overlapped significantly enough. It was now his duty to inspect his friend’s curious lover for signs of quality!

And steal some of their breadsticks. That too.

Spacemanspark
07-02-2018, 01:19 PM
"At least this location isn't a warzone, like the last one."
Spark sits alone in a corner of the room, at a small table, not even bothering to hide its blue CRT-screen head this time, having already spectacularly revealed itself. It had waved away the barkeep after getting a strange look for demanding a called "Trinary" (or perhaps it was just the overall appearance of Spark). The robot buzzed, knowing it was pointless. The feline variant of Spark, wrapped on Spark actual's shoulders, beeped briefly before stating, "This unit could have told you Trinary wouldn't exist within this realm. Just look at the residents of this location. And this unit believed the Cyberiad to be bustling with too many different races of organics."

Spark 5.5m is correct, of course. Everywhere the duo looked, there was an entirely new (sentient) being that they had never before identified. Spark actual's attention focuses on two in particular; a strange brown garbed tiny organic male with what looked like... moth wings? It wasn't quite sure what it was witnessing, however it had seen much stranger things in its time, and it was quickly disregarded.

The other being was much more fierce looking. Spark actual's full attention is engulfed by whatever this gigantic blue demon is. It tilts its head as it watches the demon talking peacefully to the others around the table, its damaged metal antenna lowering like a threatened cat's ears.
"Unit would note that most beings of that nature would likely be immediately identified as a threat and blasted with more bullets than there is candy in a fifty foot pinata." the synthetic states to its mobile companion. "Yet here, they sit at a table, surrounded by other organics in a friendly manner, talking. Strange."

Spark 5.5m merely emits a soft ping, before responding somewhat loudly, "Perhaps it would be wise to interact with some of the organics here. This unit sees little other options on finding out information, or finding a way back."

Spark actual looks around for a moment, not quite amused. "Unit would heavily advise lowering your volume. If something desires to talk to this unit, it will approach on its own time, on its own terms. This unit does not intend to alarm others, and this unit very highly doubts there exists others of its kind here. It's appearance, combined with a blunt interruption, may be seen as a threat." it points to its own head, text rapidly scrolling through it at an unreadable pace. It buzzes, conceding, "Unit acknowledges that you aren't entirely false with that statement, however."

Something else comes to Spark 5.5m's processes. "Maxwell better be able to handle themselves for now." it hops off Spark's shoulder, now laying on the table, surveying the room carefully. "They are too young and innocent for their own good."

Spark 5.5 merely shakes its head, emitting another buzz. "They have the Crysten family for now." but internally it has begun to simulate how far the chances of Maxwell's survival had dropped without Spark's presense. The final number didn't amuse Spark whatsoever, and it slams its fist onto the table, an odd show of 'anger' for the normally emotionless synthetic. The feline variant merely turns its head, staring at Spark, who has refocused its attention back on the demon again.

The Rambler
07-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Henry didn't know when exactly it had happened - or really, why it had happened. He and Yvonne had made their way into the tavern - his short companion still grumbling and distrustful of the blue demon that had preceded them - and the musician had asked for a table to sit at. This had somehow translated in the mind of the barmaid into putting the two of them at a private table a short distance away from the others. Henry was already blushing as she sat them down, far too polite to try asking her for a different table, when the woman had promptly brought over a couple candles and set them down on the table.

He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, giving Yvonne a smile as the barmaid lit the candles and stepped back, dusting off her hands on her smock after dropping her matches into a pocket. She gave them a bright smile. "There ye are Henry. Glad to see ye finally found someone to put up with yer rambling for more than a few minutes dearie. Now what can I get fer the loovely cupple on yer date?" The light blush on Henry's cheeks brightened intensely and he ducked down in his seat, meeting neither woman's eyes.

"I - ah.." He was about to deny that they were on a date - he doubted Yvonne would really like putting up with his normally lackadaisical attitude - but then he paused when he remembered her words before she had started pulling him along towards the tavern. Well! She did want to at least try dating him, right? Then there was no need to be shy. He hoped. He cleared his throat, and felt the hairs on the back of his neck tickle as he realized someone was staring at him. A quick glance around the room didn't reveal it - until he saw the small, tiny figure wrapped in a brown cloak that was staring at him intently. As he watched, the child lifted one hand, and pointed at Henry, then at its own eyes. It repeated this a couple times, still staring at him intently.

"Uh... Why is that child about to poke his own eyes out?" He murmured this under his breath before he shook his head, rain-damp brown locks dancing about his face as he refocused on the barmaid - a woman named Leilana, if he remembered correctly. "I'll take a lager and some of the stew." He paused and blinked, looking over to his guest - his friend? He didn't know where to classify Yvonne, because her intentions were... More aggressive than he was used to. "And do you have anything that is hard or crunchy? Sourdough perhaps?" He wasn't going to outright order for Yvonne, not when he didn't know many of. Her preferences, but he did remember that she liked it when her food had a bit or density to it. The crumbling of her bread into her soup had been a good indication of that.

The sound of something heavy hitting wood drew his attention, and the bard looked away to find out what had caused it. That had to be the most bizarre thing he had ever seen, and that was jncluding the Haidian demon and the child with moth wings sitting at another table. It looked like a man made of metal and something shiny and reflective that wasn't quite metal, with a large cube for a head with a blue light glowing from one face of the cube. Beside this strange man was an equally unusual animal made of much the same things. Henry openly stared for a moment before dragging his gaze back to his dinner companion - he knew it was impolite to look away for long, even with something strange like that around.

Yvonne
07-04-2018, 08:52 AM
Yvonne sat cross-legged at their table-for-two with her hands resting in her lap, one heeled foot twitching with a nervous tic. Coy and metallic eyes drank in Henry’s sheepish smile and the way he rubbed the back of his head. His nervousness seemed out of his hands compared with her own and sprang from her forwardness and unfamiliarity. She felt nervous because both valued friends and potential enemies shared the room, but with Henry her focus only fleeting glances checked on Fenn.

The coquettish half-blood smirked approvingly at the barmaid and made a mental note to tip the woman afterward, for her discretion. She was thankful to have an offsider wearing away at Henry’s inhibitions while she sat comfortably and watched his embarrassment unfold for all to see. The blush alone was worth another coin.

“I’d like a fruit bowl as an entree, with extra blackberries and a drizzle of honey on top. If ye would dear. Mayhap a sweet-wine ta go with, please and thank ye,” Yvonne requested. The wine might settle her nerves and she’d known the knavish puck long enough to understand particular foods would grab his attention more than others. Hopefully her entree would draw him away from that concerning haidian.

The barmaid scribbled the order onto a small scroll with a feathered quill. Before she’d finished the notations she posed another question.

“Would ye like some time to consider yer main course love?” Leilana offered.

“Oh, tha fisherman’s platter sounds delectable. We don’t have those where I be from, so I’ll try it,” the Alerian replied.

“An experience not to be missed, I assure ye,” the barmaid said. She gave Henry another look and spoke behind the cover of a hand. “Ye gone and found yerself an adventurous one. Trying new things she is,” she pointed out, nudging the minstrel with a gentle elbow. She giggled to herself as she made her way to the restaurant’s kitchen.

A slamming impact turned Yvy’s eyes. The golem artificial she’d met at the Minister’s Alehouse previously had arrived here too. How unusual that it kept cropping up in watering holes and mess halls, when it wouldn’t need sustenance like the rest of them. The black-skinned hybrid felt relieved it had joined them, whatever its inscrutable purposes, as its protection had already ensured her safety once before.

Perchance I might tamper with its wiring or rejigger its interface, command it ta protect us before the demon springs his trap. Teehee, he’ll never see it coming.

Yvonne grinned at Henry as though she was privy to an unspoken joke, feeling better - her foot-tapping tic entirely subsided.

FennWenn
07-04-2018, 04:19 PM
As Fenn was prone to doing in open spaces with many distracts to be had, the little fae continued to flit from table to table, snagging deliciousness and inspecting oddity.

The fae left behind crisscrossing trails of frost as he bustled about. It was cool enough in this part of the year that his icy residue didn’t melt and evaporate the same day it did during summer; or perhaps, his powers were stronger of late. He couldn’t be certain. Sometime after scarfing down a few hanks of lamb from the Haidian’s table (technically not stealing because Nosdyn had offered what he bought to all present in the tavern), downing one of Keeara’s spare drinks (also not stealing because she was a friend and friends share), and nicking a couple of cloth napkins to be summarily shoved into his satchel (who knew when they’d come in handy), Fenn noticed the shiny, shiny blue… thing. It seemed mechanical in nature. There were wires there, and a metal exoskeleton of some sort, and also a screen with a magical blue glow. Indecipherable text ran across it. Fenn couldn’t help but stop on his tracks, a couple startled snowflakes springing into existence about him. A mechanical golem of some kind? An Alerarian construct? It seemed familiar. Perhaps, he had seen it before. Perhaps, in a time of extreme drunkenness…

More interestingly, it had a satchel in its lap. Fenn quite liked satchels.

Wordlessly, sneakily, the boy approached the construct from behind. The satchel was lifted up in soft frosty hands. Yoink! Smugly, Fenn slid it overtop his own satchel. Satchel-ception!

Shortly after tip-toeing away, something else caught his attention. His antennae pricked up and stiffened in sudden pleasant surprise. Though he was still getting used to their extra sensory abilities, the scent that they were picking up on was utterly unmistakeable to him. Honey! Blackberries!

A distracted squeak let out of the little puck. Practically drooling, he gravitated back to Yvvie’s table.

Spacemanspark
07-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Spark was beginning to think it wouldn't get any further information from sitting here. "Perhaps they hold a library of sorts... even if the information cannot be immediately downloaded, unit notes." it states, looking at the pAI counterpart still sprawled under the table. Sensing Spark's desire to leave, it stands and moves into the satchel. Spark takes another look around the room, noticing a few others glancing at it briefly, before resuming their own activities. It even recognizes one of them; the small female organic that had forced it into a fight with a horned beast. Finally noting that it would be best to go sooner rather than later, it begins to stand u-
"WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED HOLDER DETECTED! WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED HOLDER DETECTED!"

The alarm immediately causes the robot to spring up, scanning the area. The noise is coming from... its own satchel, being high tailed away by the odd moth-looking organic from before. Spark 5.5m's head flails out as it stares at the intruder, hollering the alarm.

The synthetic jumps onto the table, leaping through the area, sending dishes, food, and other assorted items crashing to the ground as it dashes from table to table, closing down on the tiny organic quickly. When it's within distance, it lands on the edge of a table, slamming down on it with its feet, forcing it on its side, blocking the would-be thief from moving further away. It immediately grips the organic, immediately forcing them to the ground with both arms. It's monitor face immediately changes, displaying two red squares with a dark blue background, similar to eyes. It continues to wrestle with the struggling organic, now speaking:

"Greetings, organic. Unit inquires, how does the law treat theft in this realm? This unit would like to think that stealing its personal allies is a very... serious offense." a small electric current flashes through its arms briefly as it speaks, not yet touching the organic, but enough to attempt to send a message. Heads begin to turn, focusing on the scene.

Spark 5.5m immediately pops out of the satchel upon Spark's detainment of the thief, jumping onto the shoulders of Spark actual again. It begins to speak, not in words, but in numbers... an odd language of sorts. "There's something odd about this organic. Look closely. Unit detects... snowflakes?"

Still wrestling, the synthetic takes a moment to analyze the tiny moth-organic more in more detail. It was true, there were odd snowflakes floating around them... and the air around them appeared cold. "Target appears to have odd capabilities. Elevating threat presence levels." it states, attempting to further pin down the ice-y organic with its legs.

"...Maxwell's own manipulation of ice comes to mind." the cat continues. "Perhaps it can be reasoned with."

Spark actual emits a loud buzz. "Maxwell does not steal things. Most especially not another's ally. This unit will not 'reason' with this... mothganic." it turns its focus to the newly identified 'mothganic', and raises their upper body into the air slightly, before slamming it back down. The synthetic intended to keep them there for awhile. "Stop resisting!"

Yvonne
07-05-2018, 08:45 AM
“Tha child ye speak of be older than us, so he tells me. Somehow he still be in need of looking after,” Yvonne explained to Henry. “Sorry sweetheart, excuse me a minute. That dilemma needs sorting before it goes awry.”

Leiliana crossed paths with Yvy and bobbed a curtsy, fruit bowl in one hand and soup in the other, but there was little time for pleasantries. The half-and-halfling approached her golem bodyguard and the ever-eventful mischief-maker - the former seized the latter and threatened electrocution even as its hands began to freeze and solidify. She situated herself right between them, a go-between. This disagreement seemed to be in dire need of a mediator.

“There be me bright-spark! I see yer giving me friend Fenn a right and proper thrashing! Now now, there be no need for these hostilities,” Yvonne advised, attempting to pry the puck free before Spark pounded him into the ground again. When it wouldn’t release its metal clutches, she warned it instead. “Don’t ye make me look for yer restart button!”

Yvonne shook a disciplinary finger in front of its glowing monitor, looking stern but not entirely unsympathetic. Poor Fennik didn’t look so good, squirming to get free, his chest and wings a bit roughed up. The drow-dwarf negotiator had to act fast.

“Ye listen ta me very carefully Spark,” she prompted crossly. “Fenn did nothing wrong. Yer ally not be property and cannot be stolen. These hostilities however could be considered a crime in this realm. Now, unless ye would like ta submit yer ownership and tha ownership of yer ally ta me - in which case I will straighten tha little rascal out meself for stealing me property - ye best unhand him before ye get yer lovely self into trouble. Which will it be, dear golem?”

A warm smile crept across the darkened features of Yvonne’s face, her silver eyes wide with curiosity and wonder as she chewed her lower lip in thought. A metal golem so technologically advanced as this would be an incredible boon to have by her side on a more permanent basis. She wondered what her exceptionally brainy, scientifically-minded friend Lilly would make of it, if she could put them both in the same room. You know, there were far worse masters than Yvy… and by hanging around her the unmitigated adventure would lag its central processing units.

Nosdyn
07-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Nosdyn finally sighed with satisfaction. He was at a table with a few other of the patrons of the restaurant. They knew Nosdyn from previous adventures and such. Nosdyn nodded towards his companions, strangely enough, he noticed that Tristain had not joined his table. Oh well. He's probably wondered off. As he sat there for a moment or two, his eyes noticed the little fae-kid preparing to snatch something form that demon looking creature. So...he's a thief. Nosdyn noticed that Yvonne intercepted Spark and the fae kid.

Nosdyn got up at that point, apologizing to his fellow companions. He was a demon, but he was a well mannered one at that. As he stood up he walked over towards Yvonne, Spark and Fenn. Nosdyn had some weight with the local guard's barracks. Since he'd volunteered to help them out with this or that problems on more than one occasion. As he stood there he prepared to talk to them to be certain the situation didn't spiral out of control. He recognized the blue demon looking thing from the previous time at a different bar in Stonevale. He also recognized Fenn and some other who were present for that battle.

Nosdyn didn't want to see the blue demon thing get in any real trouble. He'd seen the fae kid stealing from Spark FIRST. Nosdyn rubbed his chin for a moment and then spoke. "Yvonne, was it?" Nosdyn said calmly remembering the loud-mouth bard revealing Yvonne's name from before. "You all can stand down." Nosdyn walked towards Fenn and Spark. "I saw you in a different location here in Stonevale, I take you are here to stay." Nosdyn nodded towards Spark. For a demon, Nosdyn was acting very wise despite his intellectual capacity not being the highest. He still had strategic and tactical smarts. Nosdyn didn't want to endanger any of the other patrons of the restaurant.

Nosdyn looked at the fae kid with a serious expression in his eyes. "I saw you take his satchel, you can return it back to him now." Nosdyn said calmly, and removed his weapon, his energy sword for emphasis. "Theft is taken quite seriously in these lands." He didn't activate his weapon, but he was certain his own panic aura was active. He would take the satchel back from Fenn by force if need be and return it back to Spark.

Spacemanspark
07-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Spark is about to slam the mothganic again when something begins to talk to it. The synthetic looks up to see the one organic it recognized from before, the one that practically ran behind it as a shield of sorts when the minotaur attacked. Spark actual slowly stood up as she spoke, still holding Fenn with one hand, by the scruff of their cloak. It sends a little bit of electricity through the other hand, shattering the ice that had slowly begun to encrust its chassis. The other arm would be worried about later.

It turns its monitor head back to Yvonne, as she speaks again. When she's finished, the synthetic stares at her almost blankly, the eyes on its monitor returning to its usual background of dark blue.

...Did she just imply dropping Maxwell entirely? Permitting its own freedom to be taken from it? Spark buzzed loudly, almost irritably again. Nothing could take priority over Maxwell, or getting back to them. It also takes contention with being called a 'golem'- a creature within Spark's own realm often summoned specifically to serve a specific master. Spark's monitor displays text, which scrolls upward at an unreadable pace as it's about to berate the organic in front of i-

"This unit can tell exactly what you're processing. It agrees... being 'property' is not a desirable outcome. However... unit reports that the chances of finding a way back is substantially higher with equal standing allies. They don't appear to have meant offense, /and/ they appear to know at least a vague understanding about electronics... something most organics here do not, unit notes." Spark 5.5m interrupts immediately. After a moment, it continues, "This unit is much more acquainted with organics and making agreements, having spent more time with them on a... personal level... as the classification of this unit would imply. Let this unit speak to them."

Spark actual looks at the tiny cat AI resting on its shoulders, processing what it stated. After a moment, it beeps, opening its palm and finally fully releasing Fenn, letting them drop unceremoniously. It crosses its arms, and states, "...So be it. Speak to them."
The last thing Spark actual needed was trouble, that was true. Its chassis wouldn't hold out here forever... and even it could not see any possible methods of causing a bluespace rift that would send it back.

Spark 5.5m turns to Yvonne now, and begins to talk.

"Greetings. You and this unit are very briefly acquainted from the previous... tavern?" it begins. "Your... offer... is very intriguing. However, this unit and unit Spark 5.5 are both self-bound to another organic, in another place far away from here. This bind will not be erased willingly, and 'property' is not a desirable outcome." both Sparks emit a small buzz. "However... Spark actual and this unit are both willing to be 'allies' of a sort. Neither this unit or Spark 5.5 know this location at all, or a way back to where it came from. Your help, on an equal level, would be beneficial to both parties."

Spark actual suddenly emits another beep, having noticed something. It turns to see the demon from before wandering up to them. The synthetic merely stares as they wander up and begin to speak.

"I saw you in a different location here in Stonevale, I take you are here to stay." it says after a small greeting and request to halt. Spark nods, beeping. "Affirmative. For now". The synthetic emits a soft ping, however, as the demon demands Fenn to hand over its satchel. Once it's retrieved the satchel from Fenn, It waits patiently to see what happens next.

The Rambler
07-10-2018, 02:48 PM
Things escalated rather quickly, around Henry as the bard blinked several times. There had been a few moments of peace, where Yvonne had spoken to him - and then there was fast, quick movement, and chaos. The odd golem thing had suddenly sprung after the child/notchild, grabbing them and hoisting them into the air for a moment. Henry was going to get up to try to interpose, be a mediator - but then Yvonne was doing that already, though she was, in her usual manner, being forthright about it, and challenging. She was not one to back down, for any reason. Henry was content then, to sit back - he'd let her handle it, he preferred not to get into confrontation stuff - and then the beast moved.

Fear washed over Henry then - and he could see that other people around him were getting scared. Not the movers, not those involved, Yvonne only ratcheted up her glare, while Henry didn't see how the unusual creature reacted - maybe it didn't have emotions? Couldn't notice the air around the blue-skinned monstrosity darken, the way it got harder to breathe? Henry gripped his shirt, tugging on it as the atmosphere became thicker, syrupy, and he had to reach out and press a hand against the table. His vision narrowed, and he shook himself. It was cold, when the hell had it gotten this cold inside? The fire was blazing, he could see it, but it seemed - it seemed so far away. He shook his head, trying, trying to shake it off.

But the sound was muting, the light dimming. Henry's head dropped, and he tried to catch it with one hand. He wanted to move, to get away, to run back out into the rain - but he could not move. Could not even think to move - his muscles were frozen, terror locking him in place. It felt like a thick weight had wrapped around every limb, had settled on his chest, gripping him tight and compressing, squeezing the precious few breaths of air from his lungs. There were words - voices that he could barely hear, odd and foreign, strange chimes. Henry gasped and his head hit the wood of the table. Despite his fear his body was trembling rapidly, shaking in his seat as he tried to force himself to move, to run, to get away from the thing that was so close. Somewhere, distantly, in the back of his mind, he put this down as the reason why people were avoiding the demon that walked among them, when his just acting was enough to make men and women flee and freeze in terror.

FennWenn
07-10-2018, 06:02 PM
Everything was sort of a blur after the technology golem caught him.

One moment, Fenn was laughing silently (and wickedly) as he was being chased through the establishment, ducking under tables and hopping over chairs. Next, he was swept off his feet and pinned to the ground. Oh, the indignity! The little fae railed against his bonds for quite a while, hissing and squirming, biting and squeaking up something fierce. Damnit, he hadn’t meant to steal the tiny cat-golem! Just the bag! His disgruntled magic sept into the air around him. Whatever outer shell covered the golem must have been made of some impure iron mixture, something that only contained traces of the metal. It made him warm and itchy all over. People were talking, but he didn’t hear. Eventually, the fae went limp, having exhausted himself in his herculean efforts to escape. He felt himself being lifted up by the cuff of his shirt and neckfluff. Dazed, he glanced around… and was summarily dropped to the floor below, cool new satchel whisked out of his hands.

Darn.

By the time Fenn got his battered bearings back in order again, the issue of his theft seemed to have been resolved. The golem barely gave him a second glance. Seemingly, whatever Yvvie had said was enough to pacify it. A huffy green gaze was cast over it as it wandered over to… oh. Oh.

Demon-man Nosdyn was radiating something strong. Something terrible. It was a magic-brightness quite unlike his own; thick and hot, like a huff of dragon’s breath. Fear froze the fae as he beheld it, his ribcage going rigid. Geez; escape a brutalization, walk into a magical emanacion of terror. Of course. On wobbly limbs he scooted away from the choking aura of intimidation. Was that why Yvvie didn’t like him? Fenn’s first instinct was to hide somewhere safer-feeling than near-the- demon was. Without thinking, he gravitated toward the source of the good-food-smell his antennae had picked up on earlier, before the golem had chased him.

Breathing uneasily, Fenn ended up at the edge of a lovely lace tablecloth. Also at the feet of the young man Yvvie had a thing for. Shaggy hair fell in front of wide, panicky eyes. The young man, too, seemed paralyzed by awe of the creature.

A flicker of sympathy butted up against the fear afflicting the fae. You know what? If Yvvie liked him, Fenn supposed he had to be okay.

And “okay” was an acceptable risk when one was in such dire need of comfort.

Without a proper introduction, the frosty puck went under the table and out the other side, between Yvvie’s beau and the demon. With one icy arm, Fenn clung to him in much the same way one would expect a child to grab a doll for comfort. With the other, he helped himself to a sticky handful of blackberries and honey.

Yvonne
07-10-2018, 07:22 PM
The demon approached the three of them and their debacle, and as his footfalls trod closer a feeling within Yvonne intensified. A feeling of unease. Some men had an intimidating manner and they wielded it like a spiked flail, sweeping it about the room wherever they turned, but… the demon’s manner didn’t coincide with her memories of intimidating drow. No, the haidian didn’t give her the impression of exerting a magical influence over her but the growing fear in her chest felt unnatural.

“Nosdyn, Nosdyn, Nosdyn…” Yvonne spoke through clenched teeth. “How predictable, a demon resorting ta threats. I don’t take kindly ta threats.”

It didn’t belong. That panicked feeling creeping into her consciousness like a slippery, stifling ooze needed to go. She wouldn’t allow it to dirty her mind like a sickly, unwelcome disease. The half-dwarf stood right up to the haidian demon and stared up into his serene golden eyes. Such a mismatch, his body language didn’t reflect the fear she felt. Was she even afraid because of him? No. She wasn’t afraid at all, or so she forced herself to believe.

“Theft be a serious crime of which yer accusing me friend, so I hope ye have a flawless grasp on Stonevale’s laws. False accusations bring their own punishment,” the ill-tempered hybrid warned. Yvonne spared a glance to see where the flighty puck had bounced off to, and her sense of concern heightened, seeing Henry struggling with the feeling of panic this demon radiated. Fenn looked just as frightened and stuffed his gob with honey-smothered blackberries to console himself. A sly smirk fought with her discontented frown. She had to deal with Nosdyn. He had to be the source.

“Ye overlook a significant detail of tha Scara Braen Bill of Rights. Tha same imposed ta return wealth ta tha citizenry from tha scourge of pirates. Might I remind ye that golems, much like pirates, not be deemed people, and therefore cannot apply for citizenship. Ye don’t somehow happen ta hold a scroll of citizenship do ye, Bright-Spark? Of course not,” she said dismissively.

“Without citizenship one cannot lay claim ta land or material goods. Spark cannot stake a claim on a satchel, or anything of tha sort inside it. In Scara Brae, in this realm, Golems themselves be property of their creators, bound as it says ta another person far, far away,” Yvonne stated. “A construct be designed for one purpose; ta serve tha living. This one be wandering far from its master’s influence and finds itself here, thus becoming property of whichever citizen lays claim ta it first. Ta protect it from tha pirates, we do that ye see. Me friend claimed tha satchel it be carrying and therefore tha contents - this cat - be his property now.”

The drow-dwarf hybrid looked to the robotic unit with sympathy and placed a comforting hand on its metallic shoulder. Unfortunately she didn’t make the laws here, but those were the rules. The golem had come to this realm and would need to abide by those rules, unless it preferred the consequences of breaking them. She felt a bit saddened that it had declined her offer of ownership, in order to protect it from the grabby hands of Stonevale’s needy citizens. Hopefully it wouldn’t be disassembled or reverse-engineered for valuable parts, or melted and smelted down by the local blacksmith and recreated as a sword with an awareness.

“Snatch tha satchel back from him and ye become tha thief, according ta law. That be what ye want?” the black-skinned hybrid questioned. She glanced around and when she couldn’t find what she looked for, began to walk out of the restaurant. “Where be that city guard? I’ll speak ta their commanding officer about this! He’ll not hear tha end of it and he’ll come down here and set things right!”

Nosdyn
07-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Yvonne we don't really use dice here as far as I'm aware there's no need for that and we can't even prove that you rolled that. You can go ahead and put the dice away it's enough to just rp things out for future knowledge.

He liked Yvonne If that's her real name or an alias... up until that exact point in time.

Nosdyn had survived much worse odds than that. His eye, his left eye twitched. VISIBLY twitched. It was a subtle thing but notable for those who were looking AS NOSDYN. For a moment the restaurant became very very quiet. The air around Nosdyn seemed to compress for a moment as his panic aura was shimmered into existence. It would appear as a ripple in the air around Nosdyn for those gifted with the gift of sight. Nosdyn clutched his weapon as Yvonne spoke of matters she knew nothing about. She was an Alerarean, talking nonsense right to Nosdyn's face. He'd fought and earned his place with the people of Stonevale making a meager but peaceful life for himself.

She's....still...talking...? Nosdyn didn't like to fight in such situations unless provoked, and Yvonne had just provoked him. Nosdyn's face, once friendly and kind, became deadly angry. But even despite that, he held restraint. "Shut...UP." Nosdyn suddenly said very quietly. He would forcibly take the satchel away from the kid if there was a serious need to. They had NO idea who they were provoking. Nosdyn looked at Yvonne with a serious expression on his face. "Because you know Scara Brae laws." Nosdyn said, frowning. "I gave the kid an out. I offered him very nicely a chance to return the item HE STOLE back to it's owner. I'm not going to repeat myself. Give. The. Satchel. BACK." He was serious. Nosdyn was a deputy with the guards, and would use force if need be.

To put emphasis on the fact that he was serious, he activated his weapon. The energy blade that was housed within the long haft of his weapon appeared. Shimmering in the air, screaming as of a thousand screaming souls. Some people began to leave the restaurant at that point. Nosdyn did the next thing possible. He turned towards the restaurant manger and looked at him with a nod. "Call William Blake." Nosdyn said calmly. The manager immediately did so, there would be guards present shortly. Things were about to get real.

Nosdyn looked at Yvonne and the fae kid. "What's it going to be now, I'm prepared to back up what I've stated. Are you...?" Nosdyn threatened. "And yes, I know you don't like threats. I've just threatened you. What do you intend to do about it?" Nosdyn was serious. He would play the game if she threw the dice once more.

Culaco
07-11-2018, 08:39 AM
Okay this was just getting disruptive now.

At first she'd been willing to sit back and watch the fireworks go off. It wasn't like she particularly cared who got arrested or who was a thief. It'd have been pretty hypocritical of her to turn against somebody for being a thief, as an ex-bandit and all that. Sure threats were flying around, but that just meant that a fight would break out and she might be able to make a killing through making and hosting bets on who would win!

Or at least, it'd seemed like a good idea until all of the commotion cut off her supply of drinks. And that was bad.

Oh boy was that bad.

Plus, there was a sword now, whatever the hell it was. Some sort of weird magical blade or something, but it didn't really scare her. Pretty much nothing scared her anymore, especially when she was drunk. It was just the kind of thing that she'd faced down time and time again. Well, not exactly, but she'd seen things of a similar nature before whilst she was a bandit. Nothing exactly the same, but some people had some pretty weird magic.

With a growl, she emptied the rest of her coin pouch onto the bar, before she stood up as if she were about to leave. With all of the shouting and the threatening, she was pretty much at the end of her patience and it showed. There was a strange tic above her right eyebrow, the muscles in her face twitching as her irritation soared to new heights. And then, finally, it all culminated in the strong, violent sweep of her powerful tail, crushing and launching the stool she'd been sat on into the wall with a powerful thud. A person would have to be deaf to miss the sound.

"For the love of everything, shut the FUCK up!" The angry shout ripped from her throat, before she'd really had a chance to think up what she was going to say. She was just absolutely pissed off that people were going to disrupt the evening like this. "YOU!" She raised a hand to point at the blue demon guy. His name wasn't important. He kind of sucked for ruining her evening. "Put that fucking sword away before a shove up your ass so far up to the hilt that your descendants will be walking funny!" Her eyes narrowed and she turned her attention to Yvonne, somebody she knew.

"And you, Yaven!" It was also clear that she'd hadn't quite remembered the woman's name, in her drunken, angry state. "Stop stirring the fucking pot and just let things be already! Do you make a fucking habit of stirring up trouble in public fucking places!?" Seriously. First that fire fae bully person, who she'd been to scared of to really do anything, now this? Talk about ridiculous! "Gods above, it's like you actively crave confrontation! What the fuck is wrong with you?" And there was the kid to address. The scared kid hiding behind some stranger's leg.

"And don't even get me started on the kid! Seriously dude, come on! The jig is up, you got caught! Do us all a favor and put it back, maybe try again later or something so the rest of us can enjoy the rest of our night in piece, yeah?" It sounded more like an order than a suggestion. Or at least, as much of an order as a drunk woman could give.

"Now, if you're all itching for a fight, I will personally drag all of you behind this fucking building and beat on you until you call me mistress and beg me to stop!" Her thick, meaty tail slammed against the ground. The same tail that had reduced a stool to sawdust with a simple strike. "Here's what's going to happen. Yaven! You're going to nut up, shut up and return to your little date and maybe get a nice screw out of it all at the end." Seriously though, the guy didn't look like much, though that was just Keeara's personal opinion. "Kid! So help me god, return what you got caught taking and in return I'll buy your food and drink for the rest of the damn night!" Looks like she was going to have to dip into the emergency coin pouch. Shit! "And you, blue dude and the weird golem thing! You're both going to sit the fuck back down and enjoy your goddamn night! And put your damn sword away, damn exhibitionist!" Seriously, the night needed to be returned to normal.

"And if I catch you all looking or glaring at each other again tonight, unless an apology passes between you, no magic on this damn planet will fix what I'll do to both of you!"

FennWenn
07-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Trembling slightly, the little fae pointed at Spark.

The satchel had been bestowed back to its original owner a while ago — he knew when his hand had been caught in the wrong places, it meant giving things back, even if he really didn’t want to. Was everyone too busy to notice? Was it the sharp fear in the room that bothered everyone so? This fuss was making his head spin...

Quietly, Fenn reached for more blackberries. The air around him was practically stiff with cold.

The Rambler
07-11-2018, 03:03 PM
The cold, sharp and bitter, stinging, was what first reached Henry. A painful cold, snapping him from the grips of the panic attack that had locked his muscles in place; that had numbed his senses. He blinked as the voices around him came back into focus, clearing up. Yvonne's, stirring trouble, then the growl of the demon, threatening; then a voice he didn't recognize snarling at everyone to shut up. Wait. That last voice - it was directed towards him?

Henry blinked again and shook his head - and that was when he noticed an arm snake out from his lap, trembling and shivering, and snatch at the berries on the table. Finally he processed that there was a tiny body curled up on his lap, one hand clutching at his tunic. He could feel the shaking in the small form, as the would be thief took more of the berries. Small, scared, and seeking shelter.

"That.. Is enough." The cold, the fear, still clung to Henry, but now a fire was burning in his chest. A child was afraid, clinging to him for help. Years upon years of being a big brother reared their head, and Henry rose to his feet, arms wrapping around the tiny frame to anchor them so the child wouldn't fall. "Enough. The child doesn't have the bag. It's owner does. Yvonne, stop riling the demon up, please." The word was tacked on for formality, but Henry's tone was far from pleading. He glanced at the woman - lizard? - that had spoken last. "Apologies to you, Miss, for being dragged into this when you just wanted to drink. And you." Henry spun on his heel, staring straight at the source of the panic that tried to cling to him, that clutched and scrabble at him. The musician marched straight up to the demon, ignoring the glowing blade as it waved in the air.

"You need to rein it the hell in demon. You are terrifying everyone around you. You seem to want to be considered benevolent, helpful to the town. And terrifying a bar because someone, not even related to you, steals, and other people were already dealing with it, but you just had to play the 'hero'. Look around you, demon. No one thinks you the hero, here. No one. Helping the town has to be a continual progress forward, not a 'i saved you, now worship me even as I terrorize you'. That's not help, that's tyranny." Henry nodded around them, drawing the man's gaze away to the people around them. While some of them were moving - one, going to get the captain of the guard - far more of them were frozen, trembling in their seats, staring at this scene with sheer panic and terror in their eyes.

"And really. Pulling out your sword, making it burst into eldritch flames, and all this? Definitely not helping matters. Children have sticky fingers, but that wrong has already been righted. Enough is enough." Henry turned and strode out of the bar, carrying the shaking child in his arms.

Spacemanspark
07-11-2018, 03:32 PM
When's the part where security barges in and tases everyone? And then horribly terminates to an abomination of sorts? This unit would desire to skip to that part. Spark actual processes, merely watching as the dialogue went on and on. It appeared the tiny dark organic still believed it to be a 'golem' or otherwise bound to a 'master'. Well, at least this unit's mobile counterpart tried to explain it. And even offer to act as equals it notes. It continues to monitor the conversation emotionlessly. It had its satchel, its ally was secure, and at present there was no combat taking place, and thusly there was little point in getting involved for now. The organics and other creatures argued amongst themselves, screaming and yelling now. Spark noticed that several organics in the area were starting to panic, some running and hiding. The mothganic from earlier hid behind another similarly frightened looking organic... eating food. Of course.

Suddenly, there was a loud SMASH, and a stool went flying into a wall. Spark turned to examine the source, seeing an odd looking female organic with a tail standing and glaring at them. Intriguing. Spark briefly contemplated if being able to take in sustenance was a desirable outcome, just to have some popcorn while it watched this shitshow continue.

Admittedly, however, Spark was impressed by the way the tailed organic handled the scenario, immediately challenging and attempting to immediately shut down the arguers. When she turned to Spark and addressed it, both synthetics tilted their heads, emitting a small ping of approval. "Even if this unit cannot process 'enjoyment', it is nominal to see something not trying to manipulate it." Spark actual notes to its counterpart, who beeps in response. They look at the organic female again, and nod. "...Affirmative."

A small alarm blares within the internal HUD on Spark's chassis. Its cell was starting to overcharge, and it was recommended to deplete the excess energy soon. Spark buzzed, deciding to deal with this sooner rather than later. It turns around, and attempts to move...

Only to find that its leg hydraulics were moving half their regular speed, for an unexplained reason. How bothersome. Spark buzzes again, and, deciding to fix the problem immediately, slams its palm into the ground, firing a bolt directly down into it. There's a loud BANG as a small hole in the floor is created around Spark's palm, lightning surging into it.

"That may cause more panic. Try to explain your actions after this." the mobile counterpart notes, watching a few of the residents jump horrifically at the sound. Spark buzzes for a third time, turning its CRT display to the tavern residents.

"Unit is merely releasing excess energy; do not be alarmed." is the only thing it shouts out to the crowd. It doesn't seem to particularly care about raising alarm at this point, it's already brought enough attention to itself. After it's completed this task, it stands again, slowly wandering over to the tailed organic female, its hydraulics fighting it the whole way. Perhaps they could be of better assistance to it.

Yvonne
07-19-2018, 10:09 AM
The rippling butterfly effect of a single satchel snatch sure was beautiful to behold.

Yvonne raised an imperious eyebrow and cast a sidelong look in Keeara’s direction, crossing her arms, standing her ground. She offered a wry response to the dragonite and little else for the moment.

“Ye be one cranky dolphin,” she remarked. That crude barrage could only come from the drying throat of a slowly-sobering alcoholic. Of course - the drinks no longer flowed. The barkeep had abandoned their post, gone to fetch the city guard. The ebony-skinned hybrid would have to take their place, brew up a few more drinks or Keeara would never settle down. She couldn’t do that until the demon minded his own business though.

Yvonne followed Henry with unfathomable silver eyes as he walked away from it all, cradling a thirty-something year old fae in his arms as though the thief would fit right in at the orphanage. The bard’s misinterpretation played in their favour and may have convinced other patrons at the restaurant that this was a misunderstanding - a naive child with sticky fingers indeed. Regardless, Fennik silently left the scene of the crime with a get-away almost too good to be true. He didn’t even need to flee!

She did everything she could to keep a straight face while watching her friends go, the minstrel carrying the other like a pampered little prince. The conniving rascal had even convinced her he felt scared. Those trembles looked real! Wow, must have practiced those in a mirror - unless this demon’s power influenced everyone in the room as Henry had inferred. Could Nosdyn really wield fear like a weapon and affect everyone nearby? The half-dwarf had assumed the demon only attempted to manipulate her mind, but if others felt the same terror she’d shaken free of earlier…

Looking around The Slaughtered Lamb the tables and chairs had mostly emptied, some patrons leaving while they had a chance, before things got rough. A couple had even abandoned their meals, cutlery still protruding from a slice of meat and resting upon potatoes. More must have scurried away even before her friends had walked out, when she’d experienced the first wave of panic pierce her awareness.

A loud bang caused more cries of alarm and quickly saw to it that anyone who wasn’t anyone got up and left too. Yvonne thought a gun had gone off, instinctively ducking her head until realization set in. None other than Spark - the victim of banditry itself - had vandalized the floor, making a small crater in the wooden floorboards. That mark wouldn’t come out easily. The owner of this business would not be impressed when they found it.

Sighing, the drow-dwarf shook her head and looked back to Nosdyn. Her eyes narrowed but her tone had quietened, just for his ears.

“I’ll safeguard me friends from any threat, no matter tha mischief they find themselves in. They need protection. I give it. Ye go anywhere near that boy and I’ll be there, stopping ye. That be tha right thing ta do and ta hell with yer consequences,” the half-and-halfling whispered. “A little something for ye ta think on, demon.”

With that she turned on her heel and relaxed her folded arms, walking briskly toward the bar. Now that Fennik wasn’t exactly here, and she didn’t need to be his body barrier, she might have a chance to make that brew for Keeara. The tip of her head didn’t even peep over the countertop as she set to work, the sound of a bottle shaking all that they could hear.

A small hand slapped a saucer down on the counter with a pang, her other hand setting a shot glass upon the saucer filled with a clear alcohol. Yvonne collected a pint glass and poured about a shot or so of brown liquid into it. She lit that on fire - yes, on fire - with her firestarter tool and swirled the flaming liquid around until the glass felt hot. The expert barmaid poured the fiery fluid into the shot glass on the counter, igniting the first, the flame spreading into the saucepan.

The perfect moment for the cavalry to arrive, the manager in tow. The commanding officer of the city guard stormed into the restaurant and assessed the situation. The business owner stood in the doorway, shocked.

“That’s them! That one’s raiding my bar and setting my counter on fire!” the manager shouted.

“What’s the meaning of all this!?” William Blake yelled, before pacing in her direction.

Yvonne ignored them, hovered the empty glass over the fire, catching vapour. She sprinkled some cinnamon - every dash fanning the flames - and then covered one glass with the other to really condense the vapour. Blowing out the embers around the saucepan she grabbed some ice, iced the vapour glass and covered the opening with her palm. Turning it the right way up, slotting a straw in between her fingers, she offered the cocktail to Keeara-- just in time for her to take it as Yvonne was apprehended.

“You’re coming with me, Miss,” Blake stated, unimpressed with her theatrics. “You can spend some time in a cell and think about what you’ve done.” He bent her arm behind her back and pushed her out from behind the counter, leading her across the room.

“You scared away all my customers!” the owner cried. “What were you doing behind-- my floor!”

“Guilty as charged,” Yvonne claimed with a smile. “I’ll repair it myself if ye like.”

“You’ll not come back into my restaurant, you nasty little vermin,” the proprietor sneered. “Get out and stay out!”

Yvonne walked willingly, looking unconcerned. She gave Nosdyn a sly smile as she passed him by and exited the restaurant through the front door, the officer taking her away to the guard barracks and her well earned sleeping quarters. She gave no resistance to the officer of the law. It seemed like the little matriarch had lost all control of the situation, and while not everything had gone to plan, she felt more than content with the resolution.

Henry, safe. Fennik, safe. Spark, safe. Keeara, sipping a Backdraft. Nosdyn contemplating his stance on good and evil. Aye, all in their place.

Philomel
07-23-2018, 05:08 PM
Thread Name: The Wayward Soul
Judgement Type: Basic Judgement
Participants: See below

Rewards:

Yvonne (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?319-Yvonne)
905 exp
105 gold

Nosdyn (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?24-Nosdyn)
850 exp
95 gold

FennWenn (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?28-FennWenn)
740 exp
85 gold

Spacemanspark (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?73-Spacemanspark)
350 exp
55 gold

The Rambler (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?236-The-Rambler)
385 exp
55 gold

Culaco (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?363-Culaco)
175 exp
30 gold

Aegis (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?354-Aegis)
195 exp
30 gold

"Teamwork is the ability to work as a group toward a common vision, even if that vision becomes extremely blurry." ~Author unknown

Philomel
07-23-2018, 05:18 PM
All rewards have been added.