PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Day 2017

Rayleigh
08-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Hello Althanians!

We're approaching Althanas Day, our biggest celebration of the year. It features enormous reward boosts (think 3x EXP and GP), special games in the Flying Stone Tavern, a donation drive, and a crazy race to meet our posting goals. Plus much more! This year, we'll use Althanas Day to breathe some life into our new forum!

I have a couple of questions for you all.

First, when, and how long, should Althanas Day be? Our first year, Althanas Day took place on Labor Day. It was one day, and quite successful. Last year, at the request of some members, we made the event last multiple days. It gave people more time to finish threads, but it lacked the excitement of a 24 hour event.

Using the attached poll, please vote for your preference.

A) One day, on Labor Day (Monday, September 4th).
B) One day, the Saturday before Labor Day (September 2nd).
C) Three days (Saturday - Monday).
D) I have no preference.
E) I do not care for Althanas Day.

Also, please share anything that you'd like to see for this Althanas Day. Previous events have included vignette competitions, oldbie hunts, boss battles, etc. What would get you the most excited?

Thank you for your help!

FennWenn
08-20-2017, 11:13 AM
VIGNETTES and 3x rewards.

*Dumps solos...*

Amari
08-20-2017, 11:53 AM
-Festival?

-mini thread games (where its run by a staff member and the person has to do some sort of game/event and it'd go for 3-5 posts, sorta like a vignette but not?)

-????

-PROFIT

Storm Veritas
08-21-2017, 06:56 PM
3.1 is blocked for me now; that's a problem because I can't import old threads that were in progress. It really discourages posting coming into a big event if I have threads in limbo that require action.

Most of this was due to my inactivity for a bit, but I can't imagine that there aren't people we want to bring back into the fray that may run into similar problems.

FennWenn
08-21-2017, 07:08 PM
I think Dirks just fixed that! <3 unless I am mistaken.

Rayleigh
08-21-2017, 07:38 PM
3.1 is blocked for me now; that's a problem because I can't import old threads that were in progress. It really discourages posting coming into a big event if I have threads in limbo that require action.

Most of this was due to my inactivity for a bit, but I can't imagine that there aren't people we want to bring back into the fray that may run into similar problems.

Are you currently still having issues?

Max Dirks
08-21-2017, 11:12 PM
You can't log on, but all threads are viewable.

Philomel
08-22-2017, 03:41 AM
The three days thing worked well last year. It was only a problem for Brits who don't have Labour Day off, and that was the main day with more awards. If we focused more on the three days as a whole (which I think actually ended up being part of it) then that would be good.

Super looking forwards to it, very up for helping with events as per last two Althy festivals.

Venex Apara
08-22-2017, 10:43 PM
vignettes and 3x rewards.

*dumps solos...*

the gains!!!!!!!

Rayleigh
08-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys! We've taken everything into consideration, and made a hybrid Althanas Day event that we think you'll like!

Check it out here. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?149-Althanas-Autumn-Festival)

redford
08-23-2017, 10:33 AM
If I run the althygames again during althy day will the bonuses remain?

Rayleigh
08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
If I run the althygames again during althy day will the bonuses remain?

Yup, as long as they're posted and completed in those 24 hours.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
08-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Shmexy. Can't wait to blitz :)

Gavner_Nahs
08-23-2017, 02:25 PM
Hey could I put in a suggestion for a new poll option? So I know last year when AD was a 3 day event, 2 days had Exp benefits but only one day had 3x Exp. could the new poll option be to make it AD a 3 day event but make Saturday the 3x exp as opposed to Monday? Because I know that classes for some universities are minimal to none, but I don't think we have classes off for labor day

Storm Veritas
08-23-2017, 07:51 PM
Yes, I have been checking there daily. Is there a new link I can use to access it? Perhaps the link went through a logged-in account or something.

Storm Veritas
08-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Are you currently still having issues?

Yes. Can you ship me a link? I'm thinking/hoping I've been chasing a bad/dead link.

Rayleigh
08-23-2017, 08:12 PM
Yes. Can you ship me a link? I'm thinking/hoping I've been chasing a bad/dead link.

Try replacing the "world" in any old link with "oldworld."

Www.althanas.com/oldworld

Philomel
08-23-2017, 09:46 PM
I like the old-world thing

I'd say things that worked well we're an attempt at constant chat, a posting amount attempt (1000 across the 3 days), vignettes, small quests and battles.

Storm Veritas
08-24-2017, 05:45 AM
That works! Thanks!

Ashla
08-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Just wanted to say that the font on the Althy Day page is beautiful :)

Rayleigh
08-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Thanks for your feedback, all! Please refer to the official Autumn Festival page (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?149-Althanas-Autumn-Festival), and post any questions or concerns there. I'll close this now to avoid confusion.

Rayleigh
08-29-2017, 08:43 AM
Just to clarify, we have taken the results of the poll into account. It was decided that due to time and staff constraints (considering the move to 4.0), one day would work best for this particular event. The month long rewards boost, and longer events that couldn't be contained in only a few days, will still be an awesome addition. We will leave the games from Althanas Day in the FST afterward. We are also planning a longer event for the winter to accommodate those who voted for it. Thank you for your feedback, and know that we appreciate it.