View Full Version : Approved Make it all turn out alright

Batboy
07-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Name: None at the moment
Nickname/Alias: Batboy
Race: Batboy
Height: 6'
Weight: 150 lbs.

Personality: The batboy is usually fairly docile, happily subsisting on his diet of insects and small creatures such as mice and frogs that live in the caverns he inhabits. However, he can be extremely aggressive if provoked. He does not speak any known language but will make expressive noises, facial expressions, and even gestures. He is innocent, and yet he is a natural predator, who will likely move on to larger prey if and when he ventures out of his home in the caverns of Dheathain.

History: Little is known about the batboy or the origins of his species, except that he grew up in the caves and swamps of southern Dheathain. He was essentially raised by wolves but they helped him find the caverns which sustained him for his life until now.

Appearance: Tall and one would almost say emaciated, the batboy is the very definition of an ectomorph. His diet of mostly lean proteins along with limited fats and carbohydrates only serves to sustain his lean body type. He is six feet tall and skinny, with long limbs and pale skin. He is completely bald but has fuzzy black fur on his large pointed ears and other parts of his body. He has long retractable fangs in his upper jaw, and sharp pointed teeth on the lower jaw. Currently naked.

Skills:

Hunting - the batboy hunts almost constantly when not sleeping, and is highly adapted to taking down all prey from the size of a fox smaller.

Being a bit too much - Batboy is overwhelming to say the least in most social situations. Even the staunchest demigods may break down and weep if exposed to his behavior for too long.

Nature of the Beast - the batboy is naturally proficient at fighting in an unarmed manner, using his arms and legs and fangs. While he would probably get his ass kicked by some of these expert assassin motha'uckas, he can definitely hold his own in ye olde pub brawle.

Accelerated learning - although he appears incredibly primitive, Batboy is actually close to a genius level IQ and has the potential to learn languages (and potentially anything else) extremely quickly.

Abilities:

Much like a vampire, Batboy can sustain himself almost entirely on blood. He is also known to eat insects, raw meat, and some plants. This nourishment combined with practice hunting makes him twice as fast as a human.

Perceptive: Batboy's overall perception is 4x as good as a human.

Circus freak: In any thread where Batboy interacts with the general public, he receives 30% extra GP.

Equipment/Weapons: Fangs/teeth the strength of steel

Philomel
07-04-2018, 02:30 AM
Hey

This has a lot of vibes of the musical of the same name. If the inspiration is the same, then I commend you.

You have a lot of abilities to begin with, some which we may need to look at locking. At the moment, however, before I get into numbers, I just have a couple of questions:

Big 'ol ears: Are they any stats (similar to 2x human) that your batboy is good at hearing to?

Hefty sniffer: same sort of question.

Thank you and welcome to Althanas!

Batboy
07-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Ggggrrrrr.

Hopefully now it is moar bettar!

Philomel
07-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Heya!!

We are definitely getting there, thank you for all that.

You were about double the PL for a level one and now are just a few over. This is due to speed and strength being two different abilities, as well as steel being strong.

I have some suggestions:

Bring perception down to 2 or 3.
Bring steel fangs/teeth down to iron.
Limit something else.
Lock an ability for now.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Philomel
07-08-2018, 12:31 AM
Edited the above to try to make it easier. :) Feel free to PM me!

Batboy
07-09-2018, 10:39 AM
Gwennigoo?

I made perception 4x instead of 5 and removed his strength buff. How's that look?

Philomel
07-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Amazing!!

I'll have this approved soon :)

Thanks for the patience!

Philomel
07-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Approved!