PDA

View Full Version : Reckless Abandon Oversight

Yvonne
07-11-2018, 02:57 AM
Due to the cleverness, wisdom and repeated prodding of a certain Wenn, this here thread be about all our out of character chitchat, thoughts, ideas and discussions concerning the up-and-coming FQ story arc I'll be keeping an eye on. This will be a futile attempt at keeping the carnage, confusion and commotion inside some kind of enormous orderly bubble.

I have a conclusion in mind for how things will eventually resolve, but everyone involved can bend and influence the story along the way. This will not be a railroad. That's not how I like to DM/GM games. Think of it as an yet-to-be built water-slide at a theme park. I know there be a pool yer going ta land in, and the launch pad be in Stonevale (which everyone who's anyone has been to before, right?) but the curvy bits in tha middle be yours ta shape as ye see fit.

I'd love to hear any feedback, questions or curve balls you have in mind.

Grackle
07-11-2018, 06:49 AM
Grackle will work on converting as many refugees as she can. But Grackle will be smart. You can’t just burn people alive when trying to build a movement.

I plan on having it be a small number of NPCs. How big Grackle’s movement gets will depend on other PCs in the thread. If a player character joins I think it only fair that a large chunk of NPCs also come with them (though I can’t imagine anyone’s character joining a sun cult). If those in the thread deem it more interesting to have an evil cult grow large I can make that work too. I had intended on it being small though, a desperate number of refugees looking for anything to believe in grasp hard unto the ideals of one crazed kenku and the other players in the thread have to grapple with how to handle their religious freedoms.

FennWenn
07-11-2018, 01:33 PM
My thought is mostly that Fenn is tagging along mostly as another refugee — because he, too, does not desire being consumed by flamey rocky death — and that he could help fight any firey environmental hazards along the way! And also, be mildly freaked out by the fure cult-“~.

We starting out with any particular backdrops/scenarios for the fleeing, or should we work that out together now?

Breaker
07-11-2018, 04:49 PM
I guess Phyr would be a refugee as well? He may have a connection to Yvonne already from Guns and Ammunition, and he has some useful skills as we've discussed. I will probably be rolling with the finding his family storyline, although that part may wait until they're in Dheathain. I'm open to pretty much anything though. Only so much a one-armed shadowy drow can do on his own.

Max Dirks
07-11-2018, 05:21 PM
You're more than welcome to keep this thread open, Yvonne, but as a GM you'll be required to work with me in an active "oversight" thread that I've yet to post. Just keep that in mind!

FennWenn
07-11-2018, 05:33 PM
oops, sorry! this’d actually be my fault Dirks; i was under the impression that we had to maje a thread fir rhe oversight, so i asked Yvvie to, ^^’

Yvonne
07-11-2018, 10:29 PM
That's fine. I can keep an eye on multiple threads. This one is to keep fenn's panicked antenna wobbles to a minimum and run brainstorming by all the writers involved. I'd like to allow a lot of freedom in how everyone responds to situations while simultaneously keeping the pace in a hurry. A tenuous balance to weave.

As for initial setting my first idea was to literally have volcanic hellfire rocks raining down from the sky, destroying parts of our beloved Stonevale. They'd occasionally crash down and block obvious escape routes - other times the burning boulders would crush nearby buildings we remember fondly from past threads. We'd need to find new and clever escape routes for the panicked people, usher/drag them along to get to ships Yvy has organized with her old mentor, at rest just off the coast.

Now I'm not the most imaginative person so any crackpot ideas ye got ta make it better, by all means. Add yer spice ta tha mix.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Can't see how flaming molten rain and wooden boats could possibly go wrong. :p

Grackle
07-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Can't see how flaming molten rain and wooden boats could possibly go wrong. :p

Do not worry poor refugees. Grackle can assure you’ll be safe aboard the wooden boats.

Yvonne
07-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Teehee, 'tis my thinking exactly. It's not going to be pretty and not every ship will make it, but that's life. We got a lot of people to move out of the danger zone and not every townie will survive.

We will need to 'pick our battles' a bit, help who we can but if we linger too long and try to save everyone bad stuff will happen. It's a super volcano, to be taken seriously lol.

Breaker
07-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Do not worry poor refugees. Grackle can assure you’ll be safe aboard the wooden boats.

Something something, the frog and the scorpion.

Max Dirks
07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
I would think Stonevale, geographically, would be outside of the blast zone. This would imply that ALL of Corone is under the same boulder rain, and I'm not sure I want to make that canon without input from all other Corone based stories.

http://runeologic.co.uk/map.html

FennWenn
07-12-2018, 03:18 PM
we need something to flee, though. smotgering ash clouds caused by crazy wind patterns that don’t fuck up yhe rest of Corine so much? a doomy doom lava creature that has dug its way far outside the volcano blast radius?

either that, or we change the starting location. but i think we are attached to the idea of uprooting Stonevale?

Breaker
07-12-2018, 03:21 PM
we need something to flee, though. smotgering ash clouds caused by crazy wind patterns that don’t fuck up yhe rest of Corine so much? a doomy doom lava creature that has dug its way far outside the volcano blast radius?

either that, or we change the starting location. but i think we are attached to the idea of uprooting Stonevale?

I don't really know anything about earthquakes, but maybe there's a fault line under Stonevale that gets triggered by eruption?

Magic science.

FennWenn
07-12-2018, 03:23 PM
YESSSS thank ye kindly

'tis the fault in our ground

Edit: maybe we can also have lava coming out of the cracks in the ground that get earthquake’d up? because fuck it, this is the apocalypse, we can make this metal

Max Dirks
07-12-2018, 04:29 PM
I'm sure you guys can come up with something. I just don't want to lock that into canon when your original idea would probably lock Corone into a similar fate (which is fine, but we'd need everyone on board).

Morus
07-12-2018, 06:39 PM
I mean, there is mining in Stonevale, an earthquake could cause the ground to collapse underneath from the many tunnels and paths that have been made into the ground.

Yvonne
07-13-2018, 06:00 AM
Good point Mister Dirks and Breaker ta tha rescue~

I like it. A lava flavoured earthquake. Let's do that. It'll have a similar effect. "Run awayyy, run fer yer liiiives! Ahhh! *sizzled by lava flow*

We could even do a bit at the end, where the earthquake splits all the way to the coast and the lava spews into the ocean, making it a bit tricky to board the ships.

It might mean characters get separated, some on one side of the fissure and some on the other. It could call for some clever use of abilities or tools. Fenn will get a warm up for his volcanofite thread... yep, I can see it.