PDA

View Full Version : The AntiGripe Thread!

FennWenn
08-24-2017, 03:02 PM
You know the gripe thread? Yes, that one, where we write downs our sads, and it makes us feel a little better? I thought about it and I had an idea of a different thread! Instead of griping, it's moreso where you want to harp on obnoxiously about how something's making you super happy. That's an antigripe! This threat is for those! Yay!

I may use this thread to describe college experiences from time to time. It seems all the scary things I was told are wrong and all of the awesome ones are right. *Infinite dancing!*

Breaker
08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
I have a new ladyfriend. She makes me smile.

Lye
08-24-2017, 04:11 PM
I finally did a draw that didn't look like a three year old was very excited about this new color crayon his parents bought him. I was impressed and happy. Especially after struggling with it for half an hour and restarting twice. Now, to try and practice more.

jdd2035
08-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Its 7 days till hunting season!

redford
08-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Working out is finally bearing fruit.

Briarheart
08-25-2017, 09:19 AM
My vacation starts at 5 p.m. today. Sunday, I begin my road trip back to New York, stopping to visit with a handful of Althanians current and old along the way.

Rayleigh
08-25-2017, 10:52 AM
I get to see Andy soon. :3

FennWenn
08-25-2017, 11:51 AM
I am gonna have lots of time to do the writes this weekend, provided I get my homework done in a timely manner~.

Venex Apara
08-25-2017, 02:17 PM
I visited my aunts farm. It was amoosing.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
08-26-2017, 05:49 AM
I finally did a draw that didn't look like a three year old was very excited about this new color crayon his parents bought him. I was impressed and happy. Especially after struggling with it for half an hour and restarting twice. Now, to try and practice more.

Your Facebook doots are making me very happy. Some awesome art there pal.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
08-26-2017, 05:50 AM
Oh, and now that I have brought this wonderful place up to date with my staff obligations, I am going to watch Floyd Mayweather bury Conor McGregor and drink merrily with my friends tonight :)

Philomel
08-26-2017, 11:19 AM
We have unpacked all the boxes in our new house! That is a good thing ^_^

Ashla
08-28-2017, 10:00 AM
My dog makes me happy! :)

FennWenn
08-28-2017, 09:28 PM
So, in one of my writer-y classes, we learned about this short-story writing chick named Flannery O' Connor, and when we were learning about her, I learned the word for my weird style of writing; yeah, there's actually a word for it! Free Indirect Third-Person! This is where the lines between the narrator and the focus character are a bit blurry; the narrator is clearly not the character, but they narrate with their thoughts, impressions, and sometimes even their manner of speaking. It contrasts intimacy and distance, often used to make the reader feel sympathy for a character they feel superior to.

<3 <3 <3

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
08-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Sometimes, I get sad.

Then I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Lye
08-30-2017, 02:18 PM
I did a pay it forward thing and just paid for some random guy's lunch.

Warpath
09-10-2017, 04:22 PM
I was bragging about this about a month ago in chat and it came this week.

These photos do it no justice, it is my favorite thing.

BANE (https://photos.app.goo.gl/IAB1NsPXC1haUIpJ3)

ALSO BANE (https://photos.app.goo.gl/kqSU8gVb7LGA3MXK2)

NOBODY PUTS BANE IN THE CORNER (https://photos.app.goo.gl/xRFmTnAh80SaRrcs2)

Philomel
09-12-2017, 03:35 AM
Today was my last day at work before I start my masters.

Everyone was really kind and supportive. I even got a good luck and goodbye card. Got asked to stay (again) which is really encouraging for someone like me who isn't that confident in themselves. Was a really good day in the end.

Lye
03-30-2018, 11:08 AM
Anti-Gripe:

Despite a negative 2018, we are seriously looking into moving to Oregon across the street from where my father in law lived. We are in the pre-approval process and prepared to make an offer. We are also listing with a Real Estate Agent our current home and will be cleaning like crazy this weekend. I also reached out to a regional manager in the north to see if my job can be transferred, but there is also a chance I could work for my old company.

Yvonne
03-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Coffee makes everything better.

Lye
04-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Just met with a realtor yesterday and we will have our house listed for sale on Friday. In this market, he expects half a dozen offers by Sunday and the property in Oregon still looks to be open. So far so good. The only issue is work and I'm relying on my mother in law to uphold her offer she made while we were in town last month. Going to be small town living in the middle of the woods ~

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-04-2018, 03:20 AM
Congratulations Jack :)

Really positive things happening over here in the Burton household.

I started my own company, which has taken off and now levelled out at a steady but satisfactory pace. I still work my main job too so I work a fair bit but nothing like the 8am - 9pm shifts I was pulling when we started up (hence my absence from here).

Mentally I feel in a much better place. I had a lot going on in that empty box of a head I have, and it was really affecting me these past months. I didn't feel I could talk to anyone about it because there weren't many people in my situation, but I figured out that all I needed was someone to vent at. Now, I feel better.

Parenting is great. My daughter cracks me up, she's both hilarious and cute in equal measure. She also appreciates a good rock tune so paternity proven there.

Amari
04-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Getting married soon.
May be getting promotion.
My Twitch channel is going exceedingly well considering its only been up for a few months.

Health, so-so... but this is meant to e good vibes soo... I haven't been in the hospital in about 41 days so yay