PDA

View Full Version : The New Althanas Cook Book

jdd2035
08-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Hi every body here is the new Althanas Cook book share your recipes from friends and family. To start out with here's two one from me, one from mom and one from my grand ma
Me

Pulled Pork !
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chile powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pork shoulder roast (also called pork butt)
4 onions, cut into halves
1 bottle good barbecue sauce and good-quality hamburger rolls, for serving

Mom

Texas Chilly

2 pounds hamburger meat
1 large onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 cup water
1/2TSP Chili powder
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 16 oz. can kidney beans drained and rinsed.

Brown meat, onion and pepper. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook till hot.

Grand ma

Vegetarian Lunch

1 large Zucchini squash sliced
4 hand sized summer squash cut in half
2 large blanched large tomatoes sliced or quartered
1 large can of black eyed peas.
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup corn mill
1/2 - 1 cup shortening
Dash of garlic powder.

Take the sliced Zucchini squash and coat it in the corn mill and fry it in the shortening until golden brown and let them drain on a paper towel. Mix together onions, black eyed peas, and garlic. (Bacon grease if you're not vegan) and heat up. Boil the summer squash in butter/margarine until tender. When every thing is done serve with corn bread or sandwich bread. The Zucchini squash and tomatoes make fore great sandwiches. If you have more company coming over add corn, sweet peas, new potatoes, sauted mushrooms and onions you get the picture.

Rayleigh
08-28-2017, 10:53 AM
I make this (https://therecipecritic.com/2017/06/grilled-california-avocado-chicken/) pretty much once a week. It's healthy, and both the husband and I love it. It is also really easy!

https://therecipecritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/0C4A8948.jpg

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
08-29-2017, 05:46 PM
Chris's Great Balls of Fire

You will need

- 1 pack of lean mince
- 3 eggs
- A carton of Pasata
- Italian mixed herbs
- Hot chilli powder. I mean hot. Don't be a pussy.
- 1 pack of fresh Fusili pasta
- 1 pack of closed cup mushrooms
- A constitution of iron

Step 1:

Get a mixing bowl and chuck the mince in. Crack three eggs but for f*cks sake don't let the yolk in the bowl, alright? Just the sticky whites.

Mush the mince with the egg whites until it is obvious that shit is getting sticky. THIS IS GOOD.

Put some baking foil on a grill tray and roll the mince into balls. Find a clean mixing bowl and pour the pasata in, mixing the italian herbs in too. Once this is done, put a pinch / half a teaspoon of hot chilli powder in the sauce and stir. Don't be a pussy about it.

Step 2:

Assuming your grill is at the correct temperature, knock the meatballs under the grill and keep turning every couple of minutes for fifteen minutes. Meanwhile, use your multitasking skills to get a wok greased up with low fat oil. 1 cal is great, but any low fat alternative that you US types have will do. Launch the mushrooms in and start to cook on a low to medium heat.

Step 3:

Feed your cat. The f*cker will be smelling that shit by now and giving your meatballs the hungry eyes. Go put a pouch in for him or her and lock the door. Can you hear a baby crying? Go deal with that. If you can hear crying but don't have a baby, assume you are haunted.

Step 4:

When the meatballs are browned off, chuck them in with the mushrooms. Put the pasta on now in a saucepan; for god's sake get the ten minute cooking time stuff or you'll be there all year. Add the spicy sauce to the wok and leave to simmer on a low heat.

Step 5:

Wait. F*ck about on your phone. See how many spoons you can fit up your nose or something.

Step 6:

Drain the pasta after ten minutes. Serve in a pasta dish but mix mozzarella and chedder cheese in to get cheesy pasta. At this point test the sauce - if you can still taste anything afterwards, add more powder. Or if you prefer wussy flavour, serve immediately and then go and take your bra off you big girl.

If you are a girl, take off the bra anyway. It won't hurt and you'll need to be cool after this meal.

Step 7:

Eat.

Step 8:

Google rehabilitation centres for those with blastmouth.

That concludes cooking with Shin.

Nightspoison
08-29-2017, 06:19 PM
Here is a family recipe from my family! Its German Potato salad! My grandma's recipe!

You'll Need

Ingredients

Yukon gold potatoes, red potatoes or Idaho (But make sure they are fully peeled of their skins! No Skins for this recipe!)
Diced onion (However much you want, eyeball it according to your flavor and taste preference!)
Water(Not to much, start with a little and keep adding for flavor.)
Extra Virgin Olive oil (Start out with what you consider a good amount, taste test it for flavor until you like the taste of the mixture)
Salt (Sea salt or kosher salt works best! Iodized salt i feel isn't the right texture of flavor for this!)
Black pepper (Fresh ground is best, but regular ground is fine if thats all you have!)
White distilled Vinegar (Mix in with the pepper and chives after the water, salt and oil mixture!)
Chives (My addition to this recipe, used to top of the finished product to add pretty green color to it!)

Directions

Start with peeling your potatoes (I normally go with four or five potatoes and boil them whole, but increase if cooking for more people) Once peeled, drop them into a pot of boiling water (Which you should set on the stove to boil, before peeling your potatoes!) Next dice your onions nice and fine to mix with the potatoes once cooked. However! Once the potatoes are cooked you need to let them cool! A tip my grandma gave me is let them cool for like an hour or two or overnight so that they don't have a mealy texture or consistency once everything is mixed together! Next, once the potatoes are nice and cool, mix together the potatoes, diced onions, the water, extra virgin olive oil and the salt! Mash and mix together with a fork, taste testing as you go until you get a nice flavor that isn't to oily tasting or bland from water, it should just taste good in your mouth and not taste too salty! Best way I can describe it! After that you eyeball how much white distilled vinegar you want to mix in along with topping the whole top of the potato salad with fresh ground black pepper and then chives. After that taste the finished product to see if its according to your taste preference and enjoy!

That's my addition to the athanas cookbook!! Hope everyone enjoys!

Philomel
08-30-2017, 03:23 PM
In the old one I had my famous recipe of Wellington. I will try to find it and post it up.
It is what I am known for apparently.
I also have a good recipe for pasties.