PDA

View Full Version : Althanas 4.0 Beta Suggestion Thread

Max Dirks
06-30-2017, 09:22 PM
If you have any suggestions, or think a feature is missing, please report it here.

jdd2035
07-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Hey man. How about charging 5 AP to transfer AP from one account to another that way it prevents AP farming but also allows the player who earned any AP to have some control over which character gets to benefit from the players efforts. By the way if this is a suggestion is accepted please transfer 17 AP from Jethro to jdd2035 :)

Flamebird
07-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Hey man. How about charging 5 AP to transfer AP from one account to another that way it prevents AP farming but also allows the player who earned any AP to have some control over which character gets to benefit from the players efforts. By the way if this is a suggestion is accepted please transfer 17 AP from Jethro to jdd2035 :)

Considering that I only have 3 AP on the old site right now, I'm against this, as it would prevent me from transferring at all. The idea of anti-AP farming during the jump is good, but not like this. Maybe a deduction of AP for anyone caught farming this way?

jdd2035
07-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Considering that I only have 3 AP on the old site right now, I'm against this, as it would prevent me from transferring at all. The idea of anti-AP farming during the jump is good, but not like this. Maybe a deduction of AP for anyone caught farming this way?

Didn't you get your initial AP from this thread? http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30663-Initial-AP-Claims if not you should do so quickly. Also this is not for transferring AP over from the old site to the new it's for transferring AP from one character to another owned by the same player.

SirArtemis
07-03-2017, 11:45 PM
JDD and Flamebird,

I think for the purposes of the transfer, the amount you have on one account will go across to the amount you have on the other. However, given people have multiple accounts, I do understand the concern of pooling AP from multiple accounts into one. In that case, I would say that no account that transfers AP from one to another is required to keep 5 AP on the account that is doing the transfer. For example, if JDD wanted Jethro's AP on JDD, he could do so, but Jethro would be left with 5 AP at minimum. That prevents people from moving the 5 free AP and only able to transfer extra AP. This doesn't charge you, but also prevents farming so to speak.

Though honestly, don't think this is even an issue in the first place.

Zook Murnig
07-03-2017, 11:52 PM
It seems like this is trying to solve a non-issue. You have to work for AP, you don't get them for free at registration, so if people want to farm AP, let them. It's going to be slow going unless they put a lot of effort into it, and really, what advantage is there to be gained from having more AP? You can buy non-RP related stuff? Okay, whatever.

jdd2035
07-04-2017, 12:30 PM
You have to work for AP, you don't get them for free at registration

Well that's wrong. If you go here http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30663-Initial-AP-Claims you can get 5 initial AP after your character is approved.

so if people want to farm AP, let them.

Charging 5 AP makes it pointless to make an account, register for the 5 AP and transferring it.

It's going to be slow going unless they put a lot of effort into it

Reading the opener to a thread, and posting a few paragraphs on the opener can net you 1-2 AP or if you take a little longer to read the entire thread and do a full rubric workshop you can earn upwards of 4 AP per workshop. Further if you post a quick vignette it's an automatic 1 AP.

and really, what advantage is there to be gained from having more AP? You can buy non-RP related stuff? Okay, whatever.

1 AP = 100 GP or 50 XP that's nothing to laugh at.

Kitsune
07-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Don't forget, you need AP to get any judgement above "No Judgement".

Ebivoulya
07-24-2017, 12:36 AM
Where do I post links to ongoing threads that need to be moved over?

I found no thread for it.

Max Dirks
07-24-2017, 09:46 AM
It hasn't been made yet, Ebi.

Amari
07-25-2017, 11:52 PM
I imagine that if people were farming AP by creating a character then quickly transferring the ap to another, a staff member would be like "lol no."
So whilst I get where JDD is coming from, it is a non issue at the time.