PDA

View Full Version : RPG, for Althanas.

Philomel
10-02-2017, 04:15 AM
Dear all

Some time ago, and I think this was years now, Althanas had an RPG, run by someone not who was me but which I was part of. Currently myself three days into a spectacular four day weekend of pathfinder I have renewed vigour and enthusiasm for such a game.

The process of my suggested game shall be thus:
1) I will be GM, but if there are others who wish to take a week's adventure, they are welcome to, I will simply have to have a discussion with them about the world in which it is set. It would be good if they have experience but not necessary.

2) The system we will be using is either pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons.
Pathfinder, you can find the rules on an awesome website. It is an offshoot of D and D 3.5 in a way.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com
Dungeons and Dragons, we will likely use the new version, i.e. 5e.

3) All of the RPG will be online. We will use Skype and a website called Roll20.
https://roll20.net
Link to the roll20 campaign site. (https://app.roll20.net/join/2622774/nxvB5w)

4) The world will be in a place called Selenin, one of my own devising and with its own gods, but other gods are available to be used. I'll say it could be part of Althanas the world, if people want it to be. More information to come when the game is more established. It is highly likely I will be using a form of already established module, so we have a structure.

5) The story will mostly be session by session one adventure per time, where people can jump in and out of. This means that if you can't make a week then that is fine. Your character would just be doing something else. We will also be likely running once a fortnight.

6) I am going to limit the number to 6 people. Unfortunately the fairest way to do this is to say first come first served. If someone drops out then the first reserve will take their place.

7) For now I will be limiting all of the classes and races you can go to core, standard and featured (for race) and basic (for class). If there really is something you are desperate to go then we can have a chat.

8) This is not an official Althanas-planned or endorsed thing. This is me wanting to GM again.

9) We may record the sessions. They will then be put up for others to hear. They won't be short though.

And ...

10) If you've never played a tabletop RPG don't worry! I will be welcoming first timers.

11) Please comment below.

That's it for now ...

Those taking part:
1) Revenant (Elf Slayer - Pacific Time)
2) Nevin (Aasimar paladin - Central)
3) jdd2035 (human sorcerer/fighter)
4) Venex (cleric - Central)
5) Sir Artemis (Human slayer - East Coast)
6) Storm
7) ('special guest' aka husband who will also be playing an NPC here and there) Voice/Aenon (Dwarf Fighter - GMT)

Reserves:

Edit: One 'extra' spot will be taken by my husband who RPGs on this site as Aenon/Grumble/Voice. I am not adding him into the 6 though as want to leave it open.

Revenant
10-02-2017, 11:53 AM
I'm always interested in doing an RPG. I tried to get something similar started a while ago but it never really got off the ground. What kind of time frame are you looking at?

Philomel
10-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Time scale wise we are looking at once a fortnight probably, so every two weeks. Likely a Friday night or weekend. Time unfortunately will need to fit around me as I am GMT, but I can start later at night, so EST late afternoon.

I'm hoping to start a team with sessions, levelling pretty fast with a view to eventually do a module called Ravenloft. But that will be very far away. For the interest of spoilers don't look up Ravenloft. I did a bit before I played it and it was a mistake.

Nevin
10-02-2017, 12:19 PM
I played like one session for raven loft before, and the DM looked at me and said he had never heard of anyone going the route the person I was working and I did. He was laughing his head off.
But I'll happily join in - I'm experienced with 3.5 and 5e, but not pathfinder.

Philomel
10-02-2017, 12:22 PM
The systems are essentially the same. You can do a sort of hybrid of them, I've heard some people doing that.

And awesome of Ravenloft :) just don't spill the secrets to everyone else and remember your character is brand new :P

Nevin
10-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Brand new and NOT going down that route if he has a choice lol. And I'll spill nothing, that takes the fun out of it.

For class I prefer paladins or rangers, but I can fill in a different class if we need someone in one of those roles.

Philomel
10-02-2017, 12:32 PM
I play ranger too :P that or rogue.

jdd2035
10-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Can I be included?

Nevin
10-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Look so what we need to do is just throw out a squad of six rangers. There's enough variation there we could handle pretty much everything. Bahabahahahaha

Philomel
10-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Hahahaa. And yes jdd you can be included :)

jdd2035
10-02-2017, 01:43 PM
I like hexblades and such but what ever you allow I can work with. Just let me know what I get to choose from.

Venex Apara
10-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Pencil me in for cleric. I haven't played a cleric in a while. If 5e, pencil me in for warlock.

My prime availability is on thursdays if that would work too (did fauncast on a Thursday so idk)

SirArtemis
10-02-2017, 02:35 PM
How will leveling work and how will games be scheduled? You say one-off adventures and I'm personally one who likes progress/growth.

Philomel
10-02-2017, 02:49 PM
In the other online game that I play with people levelling is the responsibility of the players. As players we are given the expression we gain from each adventure and work our way through each new level alone.

In ours it will be similar but live.

Experience will be what you did and killed per adventure as per normal rules, using fast track experience.

I will be doing a lot of trust work for levelling. Basically at the start of every game/session I will ask for those who need to level up to do so. By doing this I will walk you through the steps of levelling, and giving advice where needed. For those less experienced we'd just work slowly. Eventually this process will be faster for all.

Character building itself will be more of a one on one Skype chat with me.

Nevin
10-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Awesomesauce. Are we wanting to start with Ravenloft (it'd be tough but we could, especially if we had a full team) or do something else first? And are we considering this as having an 'Althanas' guild, which is why people who can't make it to some sessions are gone - off on other guild duties etc?

Philomel
10-02-2017, 03:00 PM
We will not be starting in Ravenloft as it is a very hard campaign/module. I just played it with a bunch of people and there were 5 of us as level 9s, playing a levelled down and modified version of it and 3 of us died. Including my tengu ranger (my usual now 'usual' race and class) but NOT her ostrich companion strangely enough.

We will be building up to that version of Ravenloft, but I would like to start people off at level 1. People may die along the way, but what I will do is if someone does die then they can make a secondary character at a -1 level than the one they lost who joins the company at the next session.

Additional note: My husband is interested in joining. His name is Gordon, but here he is known as Grumble/Aenon/Voice and is less active but planning on building up activity. He will not be included in the 6 people that I have offered this to, as that is not that fair, but rather come in as an extra player when he can do. And don't worry - I GM for him all the time. He will attest that I am not fairer to him than anyone else. In fact I often detest his characters and put them through horrible things :D

Nevin
10-02-2017, 03:14 PM
That just tells us interesting things about your relationship lol. I don't see a problem with it personally - and look forward to building a character who can take on Ravenloft eventually.

SirArtemis
10-02-2017, 03:35 PM
With leveling, would there eventually be a large gap between player strength potentially?

Philomel
10-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Potentially, if people are not taking part on a regular basis. The experience gained from each session will be roughly the same from session to session, I will try to work that in. But people who miss out on the odd one shouldn't be more than a level or two behind the others. The fairest way to do experience is to grant it per session you have taken part in.

As a general note if there are people who end up missing most of the sessions and making it to the odd one or two out of ten, then I will be using my unfortunate duty as GM to ask if they want to continue or if they want to step down.

As a note if you do like progress and growth then you will want to know that I intend people to be levelling every two or three sessions.

SirArtemis
10-02-2017, 04:01 PM
How much freedom do you have for working out customized items and magical stuff and such? It's up to the GM but getting sort of custom items or custom growth items and stuff would be neat. Or custom metals like althanas has. How basic are you intending to keep the ruleset and such and rewards?

Philomel
10-02-2017, 04:30 PM
There will be rewards and loot. There will be money found. You will be able to buy anything on the standard listing that have flat costs, including wondrous items. If you intend to build something magical or immensely powerful, then it's going to be expensive and will be done with help, or at least I'll be checking the evaluations. If you know what you are doing then I will be less 'over your shoulder'. Basically I'll be checking any items over the sort of 2 or 3 grand gold mark.

Items found in loot will be scaled according to level.

If you have any questions of a more specific nature, Arti I can answer easier on Facebook.

Nevin
10-02-2017, 08:20 PM
By the by, my availability is primarily on Friday Evenings and Saturdays. I sadly work an actual 7-5 job so my free time is a bit limited. I totally understand if that's not workable for most people and I'll duck out if need be.

Philomel
10-03-2017, 01:29 AM
What time zones are everyone?

Venex Apara
10-03-2017, 02:23 AM
Central

Philomel
10-03-2017, 04:24 AM
I have decided to use pathfinder as it fits on Roll20 really nicely. The one major and popular race it leaves out from D and D powerfully is dragonborn. If anyone is desperate to go dragonborn, then let me know because there is a speciality races on pathfinder that is like it, but just doesn't come under basic and standard.

Revenant
10-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Any other books allowed other than Core? Alignment restrictions?

Pacific time here.

Nevin
10-03-2017, 08:16 AM
I think central? Whatever Texas falls into. Not 100% sure.

Philomel
10-03-2017, 09:00 AM
No allignment restrictions, apart from maybe CE. We will be using more than the core rulebook, as that does is pretty restrictive in terms of feats etc.

This site here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) has a lot of the books emalgumated into one. If everyone uses that as first point of contact then that is good.

I will be playing with HP (Hero Points). Depending on how easy we will go with one or two per character. For those who do not know what Hero Points are they are a one time use (for the entire campaign) point that you can use for a variety of things including re-rolling a d20, completing an extraordinary feat etc. Last time I used one, for instance, it was to re-roll a d20 to avoid my character being sent to the shadow plane. Which is not good.

Note on races and classes: Certain races do go with certain classes. If you are really stuck and can't figure out quite what works humans are designed to be very fluid as to what class they go. They are the adaptable one. Most race-class matchings make sense as well. A halfling, for instance, won't make a brilliant barbarian etc.

Race I will be allowing, and have extended to (unless specifically requested):
Core: Dwarf, Elf, Human, Half-Elf, Gnome, Half-orc, Halfling
Featured: Aasimar, Catfolk, Dhampir (half vampire), Drow, Fetchling, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Ifrit, Kobold, Orc, Oread, Ratfolk, Sylph, Tengu, Tiefling, Undine
You can also go Standard if you wish but these tend to be weaker than the others.

Class wise I will be allowing (unless specifically requested):
Core: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorceror, Wizard
Base: Alchemist, Cavalier, Gunslinger, Inquistor, Magus, Oracle, Summoner, Vigilante, Witch

Note: I will be rewarding those who stay close to their Race details. Such things as what other races you hate and details on appearance etc will be rewarded.

Revenant
10-03-2017, 04:38 PM
My first thought was to ask to play a human or elf grave-warden slayer, but if the advanced classes are out then I'll likely be looking at a Vampire Hunter Inquisitor.

Which world will the game be set in before Ravenloft?

Nevin
10-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Aasimar Paladin or Cleric, muahahahahahahahahaha

Philomel
10-03-2017, 05:10 PM
I want to try to keep everyone similar.

Rev, if you are wanting to go Slayer as in the hybrid class between Rogue and Ranger I can allow that. It has a full 20 level progression so that should be fine.

If you also want to have a look at Alternate Classes (ninja, anti-paladin and samurai) or other hybrid classes let me know. For those less familiar with the game I would encourage you to stick to my suggestion list. Same goes for uncommon races. If you are desperate to go one of them then we can talk about it - may have to nuke it a little to make it fairer against others.

Philomel
10-03-2017, 05:27 PM
In terms of world, as mentioned above we will be going with a world I created (it is pretty blank where other things can be added in. It is a world called Selenin, which is made up of a main continent and lots of island chains around.

I will draw a map soon and make sure there is a place where all of your people come from.

In terms of module we will be going with a couple of my own home-made oneshots to start off with, then picking bits from the starter package of Ravenloft, such as the town nearby, setting it in the area and moving up to the land and then the castle itself.

If you want a hint for what it will involve, the title of the RPG is called Selenin: Life, Death & Everything Inbetween. Take from that what you will.

Philomel
10-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Notice: Once people have their race and class approved feel free to start looking for traits etc. We will be doing standard ability rolling (roll 4d6, get rid of the lowest. Do this 6 times, so you end up with six numbers that should be around 8/9 to 15/16, and assign each to an ability yourself (STR etc). Re-roll if you get a 5 total score). This is a trust game folks, so same as any RPG, please don't give yourselves extra skill points etc.

If you want to start booking in time with me to character build then please do. I have a pdf we will be using as a character sheet, and will at least check people's. For races that are lower (say 7 RP or below) then I will be looking to help people get them a bit higher. For races that are higher (about 15 RP) then I may add some restraints, mostly just time limits for how long you can do things. Feel free to argue your points with me, but first of all get your race and class approved.

You do that by commenting here and me going OKAY DOKE, or by talking to me on FB.

Stare
10-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Hello people.

For those who want to start building their characters, so long as I know what you are doing (let me know class and race basically), then please follow the link below. This will get you onto a downloadable link which has an editable Pathfinder pdf character sheet. You need a basic adobe reader for it.

Follow this link. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=356)

On the page, please click the link under where it says "Files" or click "Download all files" next to where it says "Files". We will be working from this sort of sheet. On roll20 you will have the option of putting your information into a sheet on that site.

If you do not have a roll20 account, please make one. There is a link in the first post.

Nevin
10-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Do we currently have a roll20 game set up for this campaign? If so we might be able to start putting our character info on there.

Revenant
10-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Do we currently have a roll20 game set up for this campaign? If so we might be able to start putting our character info on there.

This! It will also let us start sharing ideas with the chat log.

Philomel
10-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Yes there is, I have started to set it up but have not had time to do much.

Link to the roll20 campaign site. (https://app.roll20.net/join/2622774/nxvB5w)

Nevin
10-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Not showing up for some reason Phi - and can't search for it on the roll20 website either. Might need to double check it got up properly?

Revenant
10-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Says that we're not authorized, and I'm guessing it's because our accounts haven't been added to your game.

Here's mine. (https://app.roll20.net/users/41783/chris-a)

Philomel
10-04-2017, 05:32 PM
AH here this link should work: https://app.roll20.net/join/2622774/nxvB5w

Nevin
10-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Yeah that did it!
BTW Rev - if you haven't already, check your PMs, apparently Abomination is trying to get ahold of you.

Philomel
10-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Yey it works ^_^

Philomel
10-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Please note I am asking you to make a back ground, because we will be (hopefully) running for a while and it does really add a lot if you have a detailed background. With the pathfinder one you get two new background traits, and a third if you take a drawback. What you take is up to you but there is a random generated one also. This is a fairly standard thing to take two starter traits.

Link to the character backgrounds. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/character-backgrounds/) I highly recommend though that you use the random generator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/character-backgrounds/background-generator) to then choose or random roll.

Nevin
10-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Are you wanting us to take the traits from the rolls, or is that a pool of traits we now have access to?

Philomel
10-04-2017, 08:28 PM
So what you do is you have access to the traits and you get to keep two of them. It should say it at the top. You can pick ones that make more sense too. They only have the base races after all.

But yeah, you choose two from the accessed ones.

Nevin
10-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Roger that, and taking a drawback enables you to choose a third.

Revenant
10-04-2017, 11:11 PM
I will likely have all of my character stuff posted up tomorrow.

Venex Apara
10-05-2017, 12:55 AM
Are we still looking at fridays as the day?

Philomel
10-05-2017, 02:11 AM
And the alligns stuff on that page you don't need to pay attention to if you've already chosen one, Nev.

Philomel
10-05-2017, 02:14 AM
Friday's or someone said Saturday's was better. I'll start a post topic on Roll20.

I still need some people's timezones and let me know if you need help making your character at all. We'll be looking to start basically as soon as everyone is ready. Gordon and I are away the days the 9th to 15th October as we are literally going away for our anniversary.

Revenant
10-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Gordon and I are away the days the 9th to 15th October as we are literally going away for our anniversary.

Yay, congratulations.

Philomel
10-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Thanks ^_^
Have you decided btw on your class, whether going Slayer or Inquisitor? Also what race?

*Getting excited about this. I am enquiring also in with a friend of Gordon's who has more modules that we might use part of!*

Storm Veritas
10-05-2017, 10:32 AM
I've been gone a few days and all this happens! I'd love to be a part, although if not I will look forward to playing!

Philomel
10-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Hi Storm.

It's mainly going to be me running the sessions, with the odd one or two run by other people if they want to. I'm going to be running a couple of quick modules, building up to Ravenloft. If you follow the roll20 link to the campaign then that will give more information as to what the plan is, what character building is like etc.

So far we have a fighter, a paladin, a sorcerer (with a sprinkling of fighter), a slayer, a cleric and a slayer or inquisitor. I know arcana was a bit interested but he said he might only be able to make the odd session so if you are wanting in on the major run then please just comment.

So are you wanting to run a session or two then?

SirArtemis
10-05-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm east coast US and Saturdays would be best. I work a 9-5.

Philomel
10-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Thanks Arte

Revenant
10-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Going Elf Grave Warden Slayer. My character's background is up on the Roll20 forum.

Nevin
10-05-2017, 02:21 PM
You can, if you haven't already, confirm me as an Aasimar Paladin with racial variant. I'll be working on deciding which traits to activate from the background when I get home, though I'm fairly certain Natural Born Leader is going to end up as one of them. I'll take care of stats tonight too.

Venex Apara
10-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Friday's or someone said Saturday's was better. I'll start a post topic on Roll20.

I still need some people's timezones and let me know if you need help making your character at all. We'll be looking to start basically as soon as everyone is ready. Gordon and I are away the days the 9th to 15th October as we are literally going away for our anniversary.

If we are doing Friday or Saturday, I'll have to unfortunately drop out of this till at least January.

ArcanaFate
10-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm somewhat interested but as I mentioned in chat before, my work schedule is in major flux and constantly changes. So I could make like a NPC or a guest character, and hope that I can do this regularly?

Philomel
10-05-2017, 05:38 PM
You can certainly help to play my character Esme a bit and/or a major NPC who will come into play.
Do you want to pick the race and class and build a sheet and he can be an NPC?

Storm Veritas
10-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Phi,

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I'd need to chat with you offline. I initially thought you were talking about the video game RPG akin to what Cyrus once made here. I'm still interested but have precisely zero experience with PnP.

Philomel
10-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Video game RPG? That must have been ages ago, before my time.

Hit me up on FB mate. I'm Ailsa Philomel Black on it, should be mutual friends with the normal folk.

ArcanaFate
10-06-2017, 01:29 AM
I can build a sheet for a character. Are we using Pathfinder or 5e?

Philomel
10-06-2017, 02:26 AM
Pathfinder. There are certain things i am allowing ... If you can find them in this thread bug I've tried to summarise them as well on the roll20 campaign site. There is a guide to making your character there. Before you go can I ask what you are thinking of making? I've got a post here somewhere of races and classes I am allowing.

You are familiar with pathfinder yeah?

I also need your best time to play, and timezone.

Campaign roll29:
https://app.roll20.net/join/2622774/nxvB5w

Philomel
10-06-2017, 02:29 AM
Hello people.

For those who want to start building their characters, so long as I know what you are doing (let me know class and race basically), then please follow the link below. This will get you onto a downloadable link which has an editable Pathfinder pdf character sheet. You need a basic adobe reader for it.

Follow this link. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=356)

On the page, please click the link under where it says "Files" or click "Download all files" next to where it says "Files". We will be working from this sort of sheet. On roll20 you will have the option of putting your information into a sheet on that site.

If you do not have a roll20 account, please make one. There is a link in the first post.

Pathfinder sheet deets

ArcanaFate
10-06-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm somewhat familiar with Pathfinder. And I'm Pacific Time so PST? As for a character, I'll look on my breaks during work today.

Nevin
10-06-2017, 11:16 AM
I'll be sitting in the roll 20 or discord server tonight to chat with people and try to help if anyone needs it. I'm just working on fine details for my character at this moment, equipment and the like.

-----

Speaking of, to run this, are we going to use the roll 20 audio hookup, Skype, or discord?

Philomel
10-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Skype is better than the roll20 internal one in my opinion.

Nevin
10-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Skype is definitely better than roll20's, but it's also a computer resource hog, and Discord is at the very least comparable if not better. Discord doesn't have its video set up rolled out for all users yet though, so if we want to see each other's faces or if we're dice rolling not with the roll 20 dice, Skype will probably be the best choice

Philomel
10-06-2017, 11:36 AM
The plan was to try to record some of the episodes, at least the first few and my recording equipment/software is dependent on Skype. Skype was the plan since the beginning. The discord I think someone set up, I'm not sure who, but thanks to who did. It's good to have one.

Nevin
10-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Ahhh, yeah if you're wanting to do that Skype is probably better. The discord was apparently set up a while ago for Althanas, though not many people are on it from what I saw.

Venex Apara
10-06-2017, 11:43 AM
It's more of a "why use discord when we have our own chat type thing.

Philomel
10-06-2017, 11:46 AM
I don't mean the discord in general, I mean that there is a channel called roleplay discussion. If anyone has questions about this all you can always catch me on Facebook.

Nevin
10-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Voice chat mostly, discord uses less computer power than Skype. But for the majority of stuff yeah, we already have Ajax and everyone is familiar it it.

Philomel
10-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Voice chat is much easier for RPGs than using writing. It's easier for me to introduce descriptions, easier to have discussions etc. Vice is much faster and is a bit more personal I find. There is the chat in roll20 you can use for the RPG.

Stare
10-08-2017, 04:48 PM
IMPORTANT NOTE:
I'm on holiday for the next week. I'm still going to be around though, but you have that week to build characters. Looking to go for the first session on the 21st or 28th October, depending on how ready you all are.

Phi xx

Nevin
10-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Hey hey y'all - don't know where everyone's at in building their characters, but I'll put this up for anyone who is needing it. Possibly tonight and tomorrow I'll be in the voice chat on the roll20 group if anyone needs help building their character. I've gotta work on my bio and quirk lol. Let me know if anyone's interested!

Philomel
10-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Thanks Nev, you are a star.

For anyone with questions specific for me you can find me on FB.

SirArtemis
10-10-2017, 09:17 PM
I think I have everything done. Nevin saw my latest with background and drawback. i have to write out my background and adapt it to your world.

Philomel
10-11-2017, 03:22 AM
Of what I saw of your character sheet before it looks fine and well made. :)

Philomel
10-11-2017, 03:27 AM
Of what I saw of your character sheet before it looks fine and well made. :)

Philomel
10-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Note: We will be having first session 28th october. Starting at 10 pm gmt.

Revenant
10-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Yay! How long do you expect the session to run?

Philomel
10-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Probably an hour of making everyone is sorted, then at least a couple of hours of game time. First episode is going to be a really simple town slayer squad type.

Nevin
10-14-2017, 02:15 PM
"What ho? Villains that threaten a simple town! These fiends must be quashed!"

Revenant
10-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Standard murder-hobo type stuff.

Nevin
10-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Ah but will we really be roaming murder-hobos or will we be murder hobos who set up shop in one place and drastically alter the economy there?

SirArtemis
10-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Cool. So 5pm eastern. In my calendar with a 24 hour warning. Ill clear up character stuff with you before then but i think im good to go. Just have to write up official background with your worlds regions and adapt some elements

Philomel
10-14-2017, 03:43 PM
It'll be up to you where the story leads...

If you have any questions about the land then shoot them up on that

Philomel
10-28-2017, 01:19 AM
So just a reminder to all you punters joining this game ...
.first session is tonight. Please follow the roll20 links and please add me on Skype (ailsa-williamson).

We'll be aiming to start at 10pm GMT. That is 6pm in eastern time. First session will really be a lot of community building, getting the team together to start heading into the full campaign. Last day for any questions, so let me know.

Nevin
10-28-2017, 02:37 AM
Are you Phi/Hobbit?

Philomel
10-28-2017, 03:07 AM
Yes I am :)

SirArtemis
10-28-2017, 07:35 AM
Added.

Stare
10-28-2017, 07:44 AM
Awesome.

So I've come down with an awful cold but we'll see how we do tonight. Everyone got their characters all ready?

SirArtemis
10-28-2017, 01:09 PM
My sheet is good to go. I didn't rewrite the adaptation of Artemis' history for this world but it shouldn't impact much. You saw my sheet and it's saved down on my desktop, so readily available.

P.S. If we need to reschedule just let us know, I am ok with that.

Philomel
10-28-2017, 10:55 PM
First amazing session of Althanas Selenin RPG Session 1

- thanks for all who took part
- Unfortunately the recording didn't work completely so nothing can be shown BUT

I will be summarising things soon and stick up a journal of what happened.

Nevin
10-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Lol. Snek got a face punch.

Philomel
11-11-2017, 08:10 AM
For all those involved -

We are all go for the RPG session 2 tonight. Commencing same time - at 11pm GMT, 9 hours from now.

SirArtemis
11-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Hope went well. I should be around for next session.

Nevin
11-12-2017, 12:11 PM
We squashed rats. Many, many rats.

Venex Apara
11-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Session Title: Ratty Triplets

Nevin
11-12-2017, 03:58 PM
..... If I could like a post, I would for that.

Philomel
11-12-2017, 04:15 PM
That is very good. I have recorded the session and will be putting it up :)

Venex Apara
11-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Oh shit, I forgot you were recording...
Oh well

Philomel
11-12-2017, 04:51 PM
If you would prefer me not putting it up then just let me know

Venex Apara
11-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Put it up. Let the world enjoy our greatness

Stare
11-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Hello everyone,

Discussion from last night when this came up: is everyone good for a session this weekend? I have been made aware it is Thanksgiving weekend and just making sure we have enough for a game.

In the meantime here's a good article:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/dd-classes-ranked-best-worst/

Revenant
11-22-2017, 08:23 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it again. My office is low staffed right now because if the holiday so I get mandatory overtime Saturday.

Stare
11-22-2017, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear that :/ would you be able to make it Friday?

Revenant
11-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear that :/ would you be able to make it Friday?

Sorry, no. Working through the weekend.

ArcanaFate
11-22-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm in a different time zone and on vacation till Sunday so I'm not gonna be totally free, either.

SirArtemis
11-22-2017, 10:08 PM
I could make it.

Philomel
11-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Three can make it, and with Gordon that would be four. I'm happy to go ahead with that number if Rev and Arcana do not mind.

Revenant
11-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Carry on, wayward souls.

Venex Apara
11-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Episode 3: In Which Our Paladin is A Lucky Bastard

Nevin
11-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Next time take off the damn scale mail

Philomel
11-28-2017, 05:43 PM
I will be starting to put up the recordings of these and I have made a blog to put up the adventures. I am seriously enjoying running these games and hope to have this one running for a while.

Venex Apara
11-28-2017, 06:47 PM
If I take two weapon fighting, will i be able to use the cane part of my weapon as a club?

Nevin
11-28-2017, 06:53 PM
You might need to get it reinforced?

Philomel
11-28-2017, 06:53 PM
Ohhh. Hmm. It depends on the description of two weapon fighting, of what it states you can use (eg. sometimes two longswords are not permitted etc), but I'd be willing on having a discussion about it. Using the stick would be awesome, and I'm happy to consider it at GM discretion.

Nevin
11-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Is the canesword classed as a long sword? I thought it was a light weapon.

Philomel
11-28-2017, 07:05 PM
The longsword thing was an example of what is sometimes not allowed. More of a eg thing.

Cane sword is close to a rapier.

Venex Apara
11-29-2017, 09:31 AM
*sinks all of his gold into making the best cane sword ever*

Gnarl & Root
11-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Great to see this stuff going on. I'd join if i wasn't so busy, but i run my own and play another so too busy to join. Hope you are all enjoying it.

Philomel
12-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Okay guys

Gordon and I are away this weekend coming (i.e. Saturday 9th to 10th) with my old school friends for one of our weekend-long pathfinder rituals. Last time we had one we did Ravenloft, which ultimately inspired me for this RPG here. It will also be the first time I get to meet my friends new boyfriend/future husband if I have any say in the matter properly, so we will be away and possibly not in the best of states for me to run an RPG at o'clock in the morning (i.e. slightly drunk).

Therefore, I think the best thing is to wait a week, if everyone is okay with that, and pick up on the 16th October.

As a note, this weekend I am playing as a level 9 Esme/Esmerelda. :P

Nevin
12-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Would you be meaning the 16 th of December there, dear? I really don't want to put off gaming again for nearly a year, thought that would be an absolutely stunning bender to go on I think.

Stare
12-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Oh gosh. Sorry yes I meant 16th December.

Also Venex you can have the cane as your secondary weapon for dual wielding and it will be a d4 damage, type bludgeon. I talked it over with my d and d mates.

Venex Apara
12-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Neat. I know what I'm putting my next feat into.

On a different note, I will not be able to play until the 30th of December.

Venex Apara
12-03-2017, 11:44 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1be3XVyhhbaVJBb1cBO2W6YRdvh8JHOpk/view?usp=sharing

Merry Christmas

SirArtemis
12-09-2017, 03:41 PM
So to confirm, no game today?

Philomel
12-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Confirmation. Next week starting.

Erik
12-15-2017, 06:23 PM
I will go ahead and toss this in here since I forgot to mention it anywhere but chat - I won't be able to make it to the game tomorrow. My wife is in for back surgery (right now actually) so I'll be with her. Not sure when she will be getting discharged, but it will be some time tomorrow at th earliest. Sorry guys, no sparklepaladin.

SirArtemis
12-15-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm good for this weekend if we play.

ArcanaFate
12-16-2017, 04:39 AM
I'm in the process of moving so I'll be unavailable. I'm sorry, all! Dx

Venex Apara
12-16-2017, 02:05 PM
I too, cannot. Postpone game until next week?

SirArtemis
12-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Just let me know. I'm around and on skype if you need to reach me.

Philomel
02-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Just to note for all those involved: we're on tonight same time as normal. Second part of the Necromancer King's Tomb. If you miss it - don't worry. The raid of the Empire Boys Hideout is coming up soon.