PDA

View Full Version : Approved Romis Heartsblood

Heartsblood
10-04-2017, 10:15 PM
3.1 profile: http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showthread.php?8067-Romis-Heartsblood

Updates are in blue and with only a couple of exceptions, mostly updating history to reflect where Jasmine is in life as the characters are connected.

Name: Romis Heartsblood

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 210lbs

Eye Color: Gold

Hair Color: black

Race: Dragon

Appearance: Romis wears black or brown trousers with a black shirt. On his feet are good leather boots. Over this he wears his black wings folded around him like a cape. He does not ever open his wings, at least not where there are people to see him. This being said, most people assume that his cape is that of a set of wings from some large creature and do not suspect that they are real wings that can be used if need be. Romis keeps his hair tied back with a leather thong in a half ponytail. It reaches to mid-back and is well groomed.

Personality: Romis is rather quiet, keeping to himself most of the time. He can not abide by people behaving with disregard to others’ life/property and will exact justice upon the perpetrator with or without the help of local authorities. Romis can also not stand uncleanliness, in himself or others. As a result, he appears to be a very well groomed man.

Weapon: Romis carries a steel sword, given to him when he reached the office of Captain Commander when he served in the military of his adopted homeland. He also carries 2 steel knives that he keeps hidden under his wings in case is sword becomes useless.

Armor: Romis wears a common steel chainmail shirt under his outer shirt. (Common emphasizing that it has no special qualities)

Skills:

Hand to hand combat: Romis is well-trained in hand to hand combat, using only his hands and feet as his weapons. He prefers not to use this however as his wings often get in his way.

Swordsmanship: Romis did not become the top ranking officer of the military by accident. He is very adept with his sword and can fend off most attackers.

Abilities:
Flight: Romis’ wings are fully functional. He is able to lift between half and three-quarters his own body weight before it becomes too taxing. He can fly for up to an hour at a time before he must land and rest his shoulders.

Battle note: Romis is absolutely unable to use his flight in battle as his wings are too easily damaged to risk them getting damaged. His flight ability is exhausting physically and is used only for making travel quicker. Should his wing membrane get a bad slice in it, the wing will not heal properly. This is because in the humanoid form he does not have the full healing qualities of a dragon form.

Wingspan: around 10 feet, give or take a few inches, he's never really measured them.

NOTE: This skill will not grow stronger as other skills/abilities would. This is due to the factors that cause him to have a normal humanoid body, but still retain working wings. The wings cannot change in size or strength. The only thing that would give him further distance/height would be if he lost a LOT of weight.

Healing (self only, passive): minor to moderate wounds heal 1.5 times as fast as normal human

History:

Romis was hatched 470ish human years ago in the far north. He grew up there to be a medium sized dragon at 70 feet from nose to tail. He could breathe fire and transform from dragon to humanoid form easily.

At the age of 200, Romis began traveling throughout the world of Althanas, learning the ways of its many peoples. One autumn as he was crossing an ocean he had yet to learn the name of, he saw a small ship sailing upon the blue water. Curious he flew low enough for his keen dragon sight to see that the ship was full of families of humans. "Odd,” he had thought to himself, "Humans don't usually travel by families on the ocean like this, I shall follow these and see where they are going."

So he did, as he flew above them watching, he heard several of the elders talking. They were low on food and water, if they did not find somewhere to take on provisions soon then they would all starve. Compassion for these people rose up in Romis's heart, though he did not understand why. From where he flew he could see an island 5 days travel away with a good wind. Unfortunately, the air was calm and they would not be able to see it anyway if they stayed the course they were on.

Deciding to help these families, Romis flew behind and to the port of their ship and began to flap his wings in such a way as to drive the ship towards the island he had seen. Within 3 days, the people saw the island and headed straight for it. At first they were unsure if they could land there, for the shore seemed inhospitable. However they were in need of supplies and this island would provide them, so they cautiously went ashore. Finding that it was perfect for their needs, the people decided to settle there.

Satisfied that the people would be alright now, Romis turned and headed back to where he had been going before.

Years passed and now Romis was around 420 years old. As he was flying home for a visit with his father a large, viscious storm drove him from his flight to land on an island. If his memory served him right, and it did, he had landed on the island of Moriah. Quickly, he found somewhere to hide and transformed into the form of a 6'6" tall humanoid male. Next, he took some clothes that he had stored in a pack he carried for just such emergencies and dressed himself. Now that he looked nothing like a dragon, he started off in the direction of the city towers he had gotten a glimpse of as he plummeted to the ground.

The next morning he arrived at the capital city of Nadai. There he came to the conclusion that he should stay here for a little while as he had not yet studied these people. So as to have a job to pay for lodging and such, Romis enrolled in the army. It was not long, only a few years before he had nearly ascended to the rank to Captain Commander of the Morian army, second only to the king, King Rodan Kamasha. Rodan had two children, the eldest, a boy by name of Odan, was next in line to be king. The other child was a beautiful young lady. Her name was Maria and she was engaged to be married.

One evening, Romis took off so he could transform and be in his dragon form once again. Early the following morning he landed in a secluded area to transform back. At the same time a young Morian lord was out hunting and saw Romis land. Eager to perhaps kill a dragon, the young lad hurried to where he was sure he had seen the dragon land. What he saw baffled him, the dragon was changing shape! Soon though he recognized the form the dragon was taking as that of Romis Heartsblood, the man who had been promoted instead of him. Eager for revenge, the young lord threw a hunting knife at Romis's back, right between the shoulder blades.

Fortunately for Romis, his draconic scales were still back there and the knife did not penetrate far enough to hurt him, However, it did make his transformation stop. Angrily he ripped the blade from his shoulders and turned to face its source. Seeing Montego there, for that was who the young lord was, he charged him to be silent. If anyone ever found out his secret, Romis would become hunted. Arrogantly, Montego refused and so Romis, challenged him to a fight then and there.

The fight did not last long, with Montego's blade, Romis sliced across Montego's face. Slicing it open from temple to chin, right over his left eye. In agony, Montego agreed not to tell a soul of Romis's secret, and so Romis let him go. So far he has kept that promise.

Romis however, was never able to transform either way. He is stuck in humanoid form with his wings. Often times they would pain him, and in the privacy of his room he would stretch them. To hide that he has wings now, Romis began wearing them folded around himself like a cape. He would not however, reveal how he came by his cape.

A few months after the incident in the countryside, Maria wedded Alberto Matrino. The whole nation rejoiced. However, it was short-lived. Just months after the wedding, Rodan died in his sleep after a long battle with failing lung health. Though grieving terribly for his father, Odan stepped forward and became king. Romis had become a great friend of Odan and was a great help to the young king as he began his reign.

A few years passed and Romis was to be officially raised to Captain Commander. At this time, tragedy again befell the king's family. A few short weeks prior his sister, Maria Matrino, had given birth to a little girl and named her Jasmine Aurora. Now, a servant boy had brought Jasmine from their country estate and told of the massacre that had occurred there.

King Odan grieved immensely for his younger sister and brother-in-law, for he had loved them dearly. Now, he was to raise his niece. Watching Jasmine grow up, Romis soon became quite attached to her. No one other than her brother (the servant boy had been adopted as such) or her uncle could have possibly loved her more than he did. Unfortunately, he would not ever be able to court her when she came of age, for Morian law forbade that the heir to the throne marry any save for a member of the nobility or royalty from another nation. Though it pained him to do so, he did not ever tell anyone except her brother, of his feelings for her. However, he swore to himself that he would always protect her, no matter where life took her.

On the afternoon in which Jasmine's betrothal was to be announced, he was able to be in the right place at the right time to here her betrothed give orders to begin a coup. His first thought was to safeguard Jasmine. He found her in her private gardens reading a book. As he told her what was happening, she looked at him in shock but followed quickly.

Eventually, they hid in a secret cubby hole in Jasmine's apartments. Once, Lord Montego, Jasmine's betrothed came in looking for her. Not finding her, he left to look elsewhere. The second time he came back, he disguised his voice to sound like that of her brother's. Not even once thinking it might be a trap, Jasmine hurried out of their hiding place, right into a soldier’s waiting arms.

Romis came out right after Jasmine, anger and hate etched on his face. He tried to move to free Jasmine, but another soldier shot him with a crossbow. The last thing Romis heard for several days was Jasmine screaming as a look of shocked pain came over his face as he dropped first to his knees then his face.

Montego and Jasmine both assumed Romis was dead. What they had not seen was the soldier wink at Romis just before he pulled the trigger. He had missed anything vital within Romis on purpose, but still the impact of a crossbow at less than 10 feet is still very powerful and painful. Romis lost a lot of blood and was unconscious for several days. Before Montego could send people out to collect the dead throughout the palace, Eric, Jasmine's brother returned from a trip to Hamasha, the port city of Moriah. He had received news of the trouble and had gone straight to Jasmine's room. He never did find Jasmine, but he found Romis.

Getting back out of the palace carrying a 6'6" tall person was no easy task, but Eric did it and nursed Romis back to health. Shortly thereafter an announcement was made that Princess Jasmine had been killed and that until a new king could be chosen, Lord Montego would be Lord Regent. This news grieved Eric much, he loved his little sister dearly and had hoped that she was still alive even if was in the evil clutches of Lord Montego.

Romis, however, did not believe it. He was certain that Jasmine was still alive somewhere. He wanted to look for her and put her on her throne, but he knew he needed to get the strength to attack Montego first and that he needed Jasmine as well so he set out to look for her. He went to the land of Alerar to begin his search, not knowing that Jasmine was still in Moriah. He has yet to find her, but he does not ever stop looking for her. To support himself he does odd jobs in the towns and cities he goes through or he hunts.

Romis spent many years searching for Jasmine to no avail. Eventually he decided it was past time that he visited his adopted home and friend, King Eric. By this time Jasmine had met and married Zerith Dracosius and had three children. Their reunion was filled with many joyful tears. Romis adores all the children and is extremely pleased to take on the title of “uncle.”

He still wanders the known world, though now it is is for personal exploration. He has confided in Jasmine, Eric, and their spouses his true heritage. While he wanders the world for the sake of wandering, he is also searching for a way to remove the block on his ability to transform from humanoid to dragon.

Through these travels he has also met a delightful young woman called Estella Darkfire. She is a fairy of sorts and is quite fond of the dragon. For now, at least, she travels with him wherever he goes (whether he likes it or not).

Philomel
10-05-2017, 02:18 AM
Hi, is this a mid-level update then?

If you have not had your character transferred over you will need to post in this thread: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php

I can approve an update for now but you'll need to wait for the transference of your profile also.

Heartsblood
10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
You could call it a mid-level as there is one ability added and one changed and a bunch of history added. Healing is new for 4.0 and I adjusted his flight from what I had in 3.whenever-it-was-I-created-him.

Philomel
10-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Did you ever get any EXP in 3.1 or are you expecting any?

Heartsblood
10-05-2017, 05:44 PM
I did, but I have no idea how much it was. Somewhere between lvl 1 and 2 is all I remember.

EDIT: I went searching through OldThanas and found 2 completed threads that netted me a total of 928 EXP. I'm pretty sure there was a bit more, but it would have been from before the huge crash that lost everything. I distinctly remember having been in a Magus cup ages ago, but it was pre-lost pretty much everything crash.

Completed OldThanas threads:
MQ: Slings and Arrows (http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showthread.php?8699-MQ-Slings-and-Arrows/page2) 706EXP
MQ: To the River (http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showthread.php?9394-MQ-To-the-River/page2) 222 EXP

Philomel
10-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Okay thanks. It will likely be that you need to get your character transferred over properly.

In that case you need to link to it in this thread here: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?10-Direct-Character-Transfers/page9

I will work this as a mid-level update though.

Philomel
10-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Okay your Flight skill and others associated with that, all the details of the wings need to be under Abilities. It helps us to separate them a bit easier.

I also need to ask if Romis can turn from dragon into a human. As a dragon he is very powerful, especially at 70 ft long. I see that in your history you have him locked in human form. THis is true now?

Heartsblood
10-05-2017, 06:28 PM
I don't understand the need to ask about the existence an ability that isn't listed, but whatever. No, he can't transform.

Flight is moved as requested.

I didn't think a straight transfer would be needed since Dirks said that if you're updating a character to make a new thread. The 3.1 account doesn't show EXP because I didn't complete anything after the EXP bar thing was instituted and while starting here with 800-odd gp is nice, it's not like it can't be made up quickly. The lack of an EXP bar is why I went looking for the completed threads to see how much EXP I had with this account.

Blunt honesty here, I'm getting frustrated with this piece by little piece fixing. Can you please ask for anything else all in one post? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks! :)

Philomel
10-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Hi, RoG can take a while and I needed to figure out where you stood in terms of whether it was a new character or not. I also just wanted to check that he couldn't turn suddenly into a 70 ft dragon, if for instance you wrote a new story where he re-discovered the ability, whether in battle or in a quest.

Your character is approved, and your rewards of EXP (928) that you linked me to added. Unfortunately as I cannot prove any more I will not be able to add that, but you have been given your GP (825) that it was stated you had in your previous profile, along with 5 starting AP. Let us know if you need any help in figuring out AP or any of the new things on 4.0