PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do?

Nevin
10-06-2017, 10:18 AM
So I'm still new here and learning/meeting people, and conversation in chat has made me curious.

What do you do outside of Althanas? Obviously you don't have to share if you think it's creepy to ask, but I mean both your job (if you have one) or your down time stuff like a podcast, YouTube channel, or Twitch channel, or make music, or what have you.

Philomel
10-06-2017, 10:25 AM
I have just stopped working for the bank. I'm now doing a master's to train to be a librarian. I have a part time job as a board game demonstrator. Hobbies wise I have this site, and I am am trying to write a book. I also draw and write poetry, and have an RPG group. I live with my husband and my two rabbits.

Child Detective
10-06-2017, 11:23 AM
I work at Walmart and I watch anime and read Fanfiction.

Revenant
10-06-2017, 12:46 PM
I work 12-hour shifts at an emergency response center. I have a wife, two children, and two dogs. My hobbies include woodworking, brewing beer, and I just got into making hot sauces. Games-wise I play a variety of rpgs, have a huge collection of board games, and several large armies for Warhammer 40,000 built and painted (go Tyranids). I also play a variety of video games and read a lot, though my reading is mostly done through audiobooks nowadays if that counts.

redford
10-06-2017, 12:59 PM
I go to school mostly right now, play videogaemz in my spare time, I've been trying to get healthy lately. I sleep when I get the time.

Briarheart
10-06-2017, 12:59 PM
I do the midday shift on a Top 40 radio station. When I'm not on the air, I voice and produce commercials and imaging (think the stuff that goes between the songs).

As far as my hobbies go, I play MTG with a few friends a couple nights a week. Commander, mainly. I spend a lot of time reading, playing video games, and taking small weekend road trips around the Midwest.

Nevin
10-06-2017, 01:10 PM
I should probably put in my own. I'm a plumber with a company that works over a wide area, so most of my weekdays are spent driving or fixing things at new construction sites.

For hobbies, I stream, write, play video games (I like most except for fighting games, racing games, and sports games) and play tabletop rpgs.

Black Shadow
10-06-2017, 01:12 PM
College, woo! Actually, it's break now, so extremely boring on campus will less than 100 students who stayed. But hey, College! lol!

Garron
10-06-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm a civil engineer in the real world. My hobbies include spending time with my amazing wife and kids, tinkering around with small engine repair, writing, reading books, video games and restoration of classic cars or trucks. The awesomeness of this is my wife loves doing these things with me too!

jdd2035
10-06-2017, 09:08 PM
I am an inspector for the oil and gas industry, I make sure that oil and gas wells are not leaking, or liable to catch fire. I also witness cementing of the casing inside the well bore, pressure tests to make sure the producers, private citizens, and government rights are all protected and I also witness plugging's where the various geological zones are sealed off with cement and mechanical seals from one another to prevent communication between them.

In my off time I play play by post rpg games. When I can afford it though I actively forage, hunt, and fish. Most times I can't draw out for any big game except bear and turkey so that leaves small game grouse, quail, squirrels, rabbit and dove are on the menu from time to time. Not to mention smoked trout and salmon. I also run a little garden, vineyard and a peach tree. That's about it, my life is quite boring.

Duffy
10-07-2017, 03:24 AM
Former adult ed tutor, retraining to be a mental health nurse presently in Cardiff. Writing a boo, fftcg, MTG, rpgs and bitchachinos with friends get me by!

Hysteria
10-08-2017, 07:10 AM
I'm develop and deliver training on... well whatever. If I don't know the subject I work with someone that does. Generally its management soft skills, like delegation, leadership, coaching, mentoring and project management. I used to do generalist HR; recruitment, payroll, employee relations and the like.

In my spare time I'm normally playing some sort of game, be it on the computer, board games, mtg and D&D (quite recently). I also consume quite a bit of animated tv shows and read web comics. Sometimes I manage to even do a bit of pixel art myself.