PDA

View Full Version : An Alchemist's Whip

Nevin
10-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Nevin took in a deep breath and adjusted the burden he was carrying. It had taken some time to find someone capable and willing to work with the odd red hide - two tanners had thrown him out, saying the stuff wasn't natural and they refused to have it in their shops. But in the end, he had been successful, and now he carried a length of the blood beasts' hide, tanned into a useful state.

Which led him to now, walking down the streets, carrying a heavy metal ingot and strips of hide in bag resting on his hip. He had heard that there was a smithy that worked in weapons and armor nearby - and while he didn't think he had the coinage to get a tunic made, he hoped he had at least enough for the whip that he had envisioned to be crafted.

The shop that he found was small, unassuming, almost tucked out of the way. But Nevin chose to enter it over some of the fancier, more ornate stores, because of a simple marking under their sign, indicating a list of metals they could work with - and the third metal down was Plynt. There was a clanging sound as Nevin entered, scraps of metal set up in place of a door chime.

"Hello? Anyone in at the moment?"

Looking to get a whip made using Plynt (acquired here http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?486-Fight-School-for-beginners, and the hide acquired here http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?507-A-Cult-of-Personality-(Solo). I'm looking for a barbed whip with a wire of Plynt in the middle, leading to a grooved handle.

Breaker
10-27-2017, 09:10 AM
A young woman stepped energetically out of the back of the shop, coming forward to lean on the counter at such an angle that a curtain of brown hair enshrouded her left eye. The right one smiled at Nevin comfortably.

"Hello, sorry about that, I was just helping my 'pa with an order out back. What might I do for you?"

((Since you're providing all the materials the price will be a mere 65 GP, but if you want to RP it out that's cool.))

Nevin
10-27-2017, 09:23 AM
Nevin gave the woman a genial smile as he tilted his head back towards the entrance of the shop. As he did so, he pulled the green metal ingot on the counter, and set the coiled hide next to it.

"I'm hoping to have a weapon made,
and that the statement on the sign that this shop can work with Plynt safely is accurate." He drummed his fingers on the counter before deciding to explain what he was looking to have made. "I want to have this red hide made into a whip, with the Plynt made into a core that has spikes or barbs jutting out of it at intervals. Do you think that's possible?"

{I am always up for rp'ing!}

Breaker
10-27-2017, 09:36 AM
"We can most certainly work with any of the materials listed on the sign," the young woman said proudly. She puffed a gust of breath that temporarily unveiled her hidden eye. "'Pa is one of the finest smiths and maker of weapons around." She said proudly. "He won't be able to get on it right away, and the whip you describe will require some time an care. What say you leave the materials here with me, and return in two days' time? I will charge you 65 gold pieces for the work upon completion."

Nevin
10-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Nevin clapped his hands and nodded. That was excellent news indeed! He bowed low to the woman and took his leave - already counting out the money as he slipped out through the door. Finding someone who could do the work was a relief and a weight off his mind. He might have to recommend them to Sketch.

Breaker
10-27-2017, 11:12 AM
Nevin pays 65 GP, loses 1 piece of plynt and 1 piece of magim hide, and gains the above described whip.

Transaction complete.