View Full Version : Approved Araris Valerian

Araris
11-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Araris Valerian

Nickname/Alias: The Fool
Race: Human
Height:6'1
Weight: 180
Occupation:Let us just say he prefers to “Five Finger Discount” items.

Personality
It would apt to say he is he cunning and curious, but worse he is straight forward. He would rather disregard the question than to lie. His most defining quirk would be he is honest, which is to not misconstrued as trustworthy. Even if he prefers to not lie does not mean he is a good person. He wouldn't play hero to save another persons life at the cost of his own.

History

Araris Valerian, a fine lad or so he use to be, before he dipped his toe into a different world of thievery. Although, it might be better to say he never stepped out side of a “line” when he took the other villager belongs. He always gave them back to their respective owner. Doing this for years caused him to gain a bit of target on his back since he was never caught in the act. However, doing such demanded he learned other skills as well.

Some blamed his behavior on his father dying in battle or his mother being a whore. So many sets of eyes on the young lad had their opinions about his person. However, maybe, just maybe “ He was broken”. The non ideal settlement within his mind that he didn't want to grow up to be a warrior to fight for his chieftains “Honor”. So he decided to embark on his own ideals and go where the wind took him so to speak.

And so, he went set off on his own, but not before grabbing a parting gift, so to speak. He stole from all he could in a single night including a horse. He rode out into the dark wonders of the land never to return. A sense of achievement on his face. Thinking that he got away, only to learn he could stamp a single sentence or term if you will on this part of his life. “Karma's a bitch”, the youth ended gambling his wares in a single hand only to be beaten by a single a pair of cards with only a single digit better than his own hand.

Years later... Anyone could rightfully say his life continued in such a fashion. He spent years being a deck hand or taking other odd jobs for pay in tell the next score. Unlike most every job he took had a reason. Not all for the score, but for the skill. He learned as he grew that “Thieving” was an art that need to be graced with a large amount of knowledge trades. Learning a structures weak points, to attack silently, and move unseen. Araris Valerian, even now at the age of a young adult in his twenties with many adventure still to come.

Appearance: All natural would be the best description of the male from both his facial features and clothing. The black hair youth keeps his hair short, but not so much to be buzzed. His skin is a lightly tanned. He wearing a long sleeve wore top that is closer to a off yellow color, and his pants are black yet faded, with his shoes a standard ankle cut off that are well used with no definable color other than dirt.

Skills

Silver tongue: Araris is able to persuaded even the most disciplined and uptight people.

Deck Hand: The youth is not a master helms, but he is a good bit experienced and sure footed on any vessel. Its fair to say he is more intermediate in skill.

Stealth: Araris has learned to move very quietly, more so than most. It has been said he could move through the shadows with none the wiser.

At Arms: Araris is intermediate with combat having received the standard training of his homeland to use swords,daggers and hand to hand. His form and lack of mastery leaving much to be desired.

Motivation: Araris has learned to need learn how to perform other skills and took a liking to picking up bits of knowledge where ever he goes. After a repeated need of learning in a shorter time than others. Doing this he become to be very proficient at picking up a new skill quicker than others.

Abilities After a time of using magical brews for select powers from mages across the land his body started keeping some of the powers. This trait completely a mystery to himself and others.(This piece is only for the story of the character, not an actual on going “trait”)

Upgrade: Araris is able to copy that durability of an object he touches. After he touches said object he is only able to keep the enhancement of physical durability for ten seconds.(Regardless of the durability of an object he only gain a iron metal degree of improvement) *Limit is twice per day.*

Air walking: The youth is able to manipulate air to harden beneath his feet as he moves. He is only able to travel up twenty foot at a time.*Limit of two uses per day*

Magic Man: The black haired youth has quite the reflexes. He his able to move with a near blinding quickness at x2.5 the normal rate of a human, and only able to travel up to ten feet. Seeming without any tell to give him away. Some even claim their to be an after image. Although, doing so more than twice in a single day can cripple him. Using this gracious gift would make him move and walk with the quickness of an old man in need of a cane.*Limit per day is two*

Armament

x1: A magical enhanced mask made of basic thin cotten black cloth. This creative little item able to make his head become invisible.

X1: A simple and basic iron dagger kept on his back, at the waist.

x1(Iron Grade): he wield a mid sized sword with him at all times. The total length of the weapon being sixty centimeters or twenty four inches. The hilt beings six inches and the blade taking seventeen. The last inch being that of the cross hand guard in between the two.

Philomel
11-10-2017, 03:01 AM
Hi there!

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions let me know.

Your character looks really interesting, I just have a quick question:
Your Magic man ability - for how long does this ability last for? And is the speed have a quantifiable amount (say, 5x normal) and/or is there a limit to the distance he goes?

For your mask also, can I please ask what it is made out of and is it whenever it is on he becomes invisible, or is there a limit e.g. time?

Thank you
Philomel

Araris
11-10-2017, 09:59 AM
I edited Magic Man. Not sure if this would be a fair limitation. Also, as for the mask it only makes his face invisible. I'm sure not how to limit that or which direction I would need to go with it in order to do so. If you have limitation in mind for it I'm more than happy to use such for the item.

Also, what if I just bought it from the Bazaar or got it as a quest item later on? Would that be better?

Magic Man: The black haired youth has quite the reflexes. He his able to move with a near blinding quickness at x2.5 the normal rate of a human, and only able to travel up to ten feet. Seeming without any tell to give him away. Some even claim their to be an after image. Although, doing so more than twice in a single day can cripple him. Using this gracious gift would make him move and walk with the quickness of an old man in need of a cane.*Limit per day is two*

Philomel
11-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the edit, that should do fine.

I'm away from my computer just now but I'll be home in a few hours and I will do calculations then to see if I can add the mask in. If it just covers the face itself, that should be fine. Thank you for your patience.

Philomel
11-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Alright. You are approved!

Philomel
11-10-2017, 03:39 PM
200 starting gold and 5 starting ap added.