PDA

View Full Version : Approved Telli Edesenth - The Emotional END

Telli
11-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Name: Telli Edesenth
Race: {Locked: Devilkin} Appears human.
Height: 4'2''
Weight: 58lbs
Personality: Cruel and malicious. Telli just wants to watch the world burn, but knows that will get her in trouble. So she hides behind a pretty smile and pigtails, and sows chaos in secret.
History: Telli was once a Devil, known as Tellikorak. In her native realm, she was known as a terrifying force for destruction and chaos - if she had the mindset to work with others, she quite possibly could have caused the complete destruction of the mortal plain there. Unfortunately for her though, she refused to work with anyone else, and in fact targeted everyone equally in her efforts to cause devastation. Eventually her indescriminate actions caused an alliance of the three planes of her world to band together to defeat her - agents of the Divine, heroes from the mortals, and black guards from the depths of the Darkness worked together to seal her away, stripping her of her former powers, scattering her once nightmarish figure and abilities to the corners of reality. All she was left with, the powers that even that grand alliance could not rob her of, were an ability read emotions, one to generate them, and a gift for pyromancy.
To prevent her from ever again threatening the stability of the world, Telli was locked into a human form and cast out of their dimension, caring not for if she survived, or where she landed. She has fallen to Althanas - and needs time to get her bearings before trying to reclaim the vestiges of who and what she once was.
Appearance: Telli looks like a young girl, blonde hair done up in pigtails, with light green eyes. A smattering of freckles dot her face, and one of her front teeth seems to be permanently missing. Her features are delicate, and a casual observer might mistake her for an Elven or noble child. Her attire is a simple blue petticoat dress, with a tiny stuffed bear that also acts as her tiny bag. The bear has straps so she can wear it as a backpack.
Skills:
Mimicry:
Telli has long since learned how to mimic the people around her - picking up on subtle mannerisms and vocal cues to help her hide herself in a group. Given even a relatively short period of time, she can make herself seem like the native of a place, at least to surface observations. Questioning can break this - but who questions a cute kid?

Theft
What's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine if you can't protect it. Telli does not concern herself with 'buying' things. If she cannot snatch it, she will attempt to convince others to purchase them for her. She is skilled at picking pockets though - the only gold she'll spend is what isn't her own.

Abilities:
I Can See Your True Colors:
Telli originally was a devil tied to emotions, and this is one of the few powers that those who sealed her could not remove. She can see the emotions of someone she studies for long enough - a combination for empathic abilities and a terrifying ability to read body language. High mental defense can stunt this ability, but only when active. Negative emotions are even harder to hide from her.
Passige ability, she has to watch someone for at least three posts to be able to read their emotions.

Emotional Evoker
The source of many being's nightmares in her original reality, Telli can project emotions onto anyone within a certain radius of herself. Since the sealing this has been reduced to three yards, but as she regains her former powers it can only grow. Her speciality lies in creating negative emotions, and for now she can only generate three:
Apathy - a deep listlessness that leaves the victim not wanting to do anything at all. Subjects exposed to this simply want to give up and not bother at all.
Depression - dark thoughts of poor self worth and even worse plague the victims of this emotion. They still want to do things - but now will not have the energy to, or will inherently believe that they cannot succeed. Or worse.
Rage - All consuming, blinding fury. Anger overwhelms, causing victims to lash out at anyone and everyone around them, even to the point of hurting friends, family - or themselves, and ignoring injuries to their own bodies. Telli doesn't like using this one now, but only because of her limited range.
Emotions caused by this ability will fade within moments if the victim leaves her radius, often causing disorientation and confusion as the unnatural emotion lifts. Strong willpower, magical defense, and mental control can resist or negate this ability.
She can actively use this ability three times per competitive thread.

{Locked Until Level 2}
I Just Want to Start a Flame in Your Heart:
The power that Telli fought to keep when the alliance sealed her, this is a much reduced version of the hell fire she once wielded. Balls of flame ranging from a few inches to a foot emerge above one hand, and she can hurl it up to five yards away with great accuracy.
Can be used three times per thread.

Equipment/Weapons:
Telli carries no weapons besides a simple slingshot, and a bag of stones to use with it.

Breaker
11-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Hey there, welcome to Althanas! Your character is just a bit overpowered for level 1. What say we lock the firemancy until level 2?

Telli
11-11-2017, 09:26 AM
I can work with that! Did I do it right?

Breaker
11-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Looks good. You are approved. Go have fun!