PDA

View Full Version : Silent Eruption [Solo]

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Silence.

It was all a warm calm. The drapes were drawn, the moonlight of a crystal clear sky shone through the glass windows, basking the room in tender blue light. A simple sea colored run covered a majority of the oak floor. Many gloriously carved wooden chairs were in the corners of the room, accompanied by several red coated bookshelves. The mahogany counter had several glass jars of hard candies and beef jerkies for a penny apiece. The smooth surface was being polished by a man with reddish-brown hair. His average brown eyes were sleepy and worn as he slipped the cloth across the surface. His reflection could be seen through it. He was in his mid-twenties. He was a hardworking alchemist and pharmacist.

He yawned. "I'm done and going home, father." He took the rag and dropped it in a rusted iron bucket on the floor. He picked up the bucket, careful not to spill the brown sludge inside, and walked towards the door.

Just as his caucasian hand was about to reach for the bronze handle of the oak door, it turned on it's own. He took a step back, surprised, as the door opened.

There stood a redheaded teenage girl. Her long, messy hair was pulled back. The white fedora had a mangled emerald ribbon attached. Her green eyes were almost as beat dead as his. Her face was smudged with week old cuts and dirt. Her clothes were simple; a dark green leather jacket, green shirt, and brown pants covered her toned, sturdy body. The clothes were spotted with dust and grime. The brown boots that probably used to be a different color all together also were in filth. She obviously traveled a lot.

What really concerned the young man was her arsenal. An arming sword, tucked into a leather sheath, was strapped to her waist. A solid wooden shield was hanging on her back, alongside an animal hide pack.

She was armed. Considering the physical powess she obviously possessed, she was probably dangerous too.

"We're closed, ma'am." The man slouched, "And I just cleaned this place."

The girl did not meet his eyes. Instead, she awkwardly clasped her hands behind her back. Her tone was ever so slightly slurred, yet understandable. "I'm sorry, but is there a Daisuke Sirvant here?"

The man groaned, "They always want my father..."

He turned back to the room and shouted, "It's for you, father!"

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Silent Eruption

Some volcanoes explode with feiry and power. Explosions of molton rock and melted sediments leave a devastating mark of pain and death. Other eruptions are quiet. The lava oozes out in all its heat and destruction, but its so silent. It creeps up on you unaware and... before you knew it, you were consumed by the burning agony.

OOC: Solo. Takes place between the Eiskalt arc and Fel's reunion with Ashla. It's in Scara Brae

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:07 PM
As he walked in from the back, a sixty year old man pushed back his glasses. The man straightened his burlap apron with one hand. With the other, he was holding a small vial of pills. Hee sighed, mumbling, "They always come right before we close..."

When he looked up, the bottle slipped out of his wrinkled hands.

The sound of glass shattering and vitamin capsules falling like rain echoed across the room. The man's oak colored eyes widened. A faint hint a smile spread across his lips as he breathed the words out. "Miss Knopsnider..."

There she stood, a young girl who once was a violent and heartwarming flame in his old life. She was older, her body more maturely developed, her muscles well toned. She looked... powerful. Her tomboyish persona was exemplified by her humble outfit and the dirt that clung to her frame. She appeared to be well.

He was shocked and relieved all at the same time.

A small smile spread across her face for a moment. She raised her right hand, pulling the fedora off her rich orange hair. Her smile faded, her entire being calm and stoic. This... was not right.

She stepped inside with a steady step. The floorboards ached and moaned as she silently walked up to him. Slowly, with patience and weight in her eyes, the older teen narrowed her peridot eyes. Then, she extended her trim arm. Daisuke gasped when she gave him a firm but gentle hug.

Her words carried the chains of a thousand sorrows. A sadness and violent maturity unheard in his memories of her whispered. "I missed you, Daisuke."

As the last vitamin rolled along the carpet, Daisuke Sirvant returned the hug. "Felicity, dear child..."

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:08 PM
"So, what brings you here?"

It was in the back room. Hundreds of containers and cabinets, piles of papers and files, were only half organised in the shelves and desks. In the center of the room, an oak table had two plates with bread and chicken. Steam rose as Daisuke poured green tea into a cream colored teacup.

Felicity was slouched back in her chair. Her jacket was hung on the back of the chair, her arms now exposed only as much as the half burnt bandages allowed. The girl seemed tired and heavy with somber emotions. Yet, within her darker green eyes, slits of a suppressed rage were barely noticeable.

She watched as Daisuke lifted the teapot and placed it at the table's center. He then sat down across from her. He picked up his silverware and began to cut his roasted chicken.

The girl closed her eyes, letting out a heavy sigh. "I came to this town and discovered that your own family had set up a business as alchemists and medical doctors. By chance, maybe you were here."

"Yes," Daisuke put down his knife and fork. He reached for his own cup of tea. As he brought the hot beverage to his lips, he spoke, "But how did you come here? Where is your mentor?"

He took a small sip of tea. As he put the cup down, he saw a great amount of twisting thoughts race through her mind. Her expressions changed rapidly as events long past transpired in her mind. Finally, she leaned closer to the table. She rested her arms against the edge, resting her chin between them.

"I finally came to my senses and left her..."

Bitterness. A dark bitterness made up of unhealed wounds screamed through her small voice. Daisuke felt himself briefly lose his own sense of balance. He saw a war he had not heard of had transpired. Did his old friend really... become a monster?

"Then the rumors of an 'Executioner of the Wicked' are true-"

He was completely caught off gaurd when she raised a tightened fist. She brought it down against the table in a bought of brief rage. The plates shook, liquid sloshed from the teacups. Her face then transformed into one of an ocean of agony.

"Yes..."

Daisuke had to remain silent for the moment. Ashla Icebreaker had really changed for the worst. He closed his eyes as the realisation washed across him. Meanwhile, Felicity wallowed in her past year of sufferings...

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:09 PM
Daisuke opened his eyes. The girl had yet to cry, but her eyes were glazed in tears yet unshed. He had to give her a moment. Obviously, she had seen and felt things... horrible things... As this down to earth personality was a new leaf for her.

She used to be the optimist. She was the energetic wildflower causing explosions and turning the world upside down in her passionate conquests. She was the bold, the feiry flame, but now...

Out of the bloom, hands gripped the table as she growled. Brought back to the external world, Daisuke saw her bunched up body shake as she opened brutal eyes. In an instant, she bolted up. The entire table shook, the teapot fell and spilled over. She had switched from somber to aggressive in mere seconds. It dawned on Daisuke how unhinged she could of become...

The enraged girl roared in terror, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!"

Confusion swept across Daisuke's mind. In utter shock, he stood up. He knew how dangerous she could of become. With an eye on the sword she carried, he stammered, "H-how- What did I-"

Felicity grapped the her previously untouched butter knife. Daisuke duckes behind the chair, real terror in his eyes. His body shook as she pointed the knife - but not at him, but herself.

She put the knife dangerously close to her head. Eyes wide and damaged, she shouted. Her voice began the slur, her R's and L's slurred as her extreme shouts cracked under her emotions.

"Every time!" She boomed, "Every time I bleed! The anger, it-" She turned the knife in a reverse grip before slamming it down to the table. With how strong she obviously was, she left the knife deeply embedded into the table.

"It's out of control! That serum you injected! I can't control it!"

She slouched again, falling back into her seat.

Now she wept.

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:10 PM
"Are you sure this will work?"

Felicity opened her eyes, confusion crossing her young face. She was surrounded by bookshelves full of old journals, novels, nature guides… Only half of them had collected dust, as the person who owned them read up frequently. This was not the only thing in this cozy, dark room however. The sound of bubbling liquids and the dripping of fluid droplets caused her to turn her head left, to the many tables and shelves of thermoses, bottles, measuring cups, and vials filled with many different liquids with rainbows of different colors and thicknesses. Steam also boiled in a large glass bowl; solid crystals and cut up and mashed leaves were laid out neatly in their wooden boxes. This was only a small laboratory though, as both the alchemist and his master were in the other room.

"Of course it will work, m'lady. We-we just don't know how…"

The girl nervously shuffled her legs. The cushioning of the laid back lab chair she was on rubbed against her brown pants. The red chair was comfortable, and two squishy holsters were at the side so one could squeeze them if-if… they were in… pain…

How nice of the manufacturer.

The girl was laying down. Looking up to the ancient stone ceiling above, she heard their voices from the other room.

"M'lady, maybe we should-"

"-No, Daisuke. My apprentice cannot grow strong if we do not inject your serum into her. This is your creation, right? Everything should be fine."

Now the girl reached for one of the stress relieving handles, shaking as she gripped it tightly. She was now visibly nervous. Looking up to the elvish lines and curves on the round dome above her, her green eyes unstably formed tears. She trusted these people completely. They would - her teacher would - never harm her! Right? Why was she so rattled? Everything would be just fine… right?

As she heard their footsteps tapping on the marble floor, entering the room, she closed her eyes. Gulping down the lump in her throat and pushing back the tears, she nervously smiled, "Masta'."

"Felicity."

She opened her eyes again. A young woman, just a few years older than she, was hanging over her. Her black hair blocked out any side vision for either of them. The young woman smiled reassuringly, her blue eyes portraying fond warmth as she spoke, "Are you ready?"

Felicity squeezed the handles again, "I guess…"

The young woman put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "Nervous?"

"Y-yeah." Her voice shook a little.

The woman tilted her head, "Needle?"

Felicity's eyes darted away for a moment. With nothing but long, black hair with brown highlights blocking her vision, she was forced to look back to her and respond.

"Magic."

Now it was her teacher's turn to look away. Pushing her hands off the head rest, she looked towards the far left of her vision with an unreadable face, at least from down here.

Now feeling outright anxious, the child looked towards that direction. A middle aged man with long, greyish-brown hair was filling an injection needle with a clear but fizzling substance.

"Daisuke…" Felicity asked, her smile having faded, "Is it safe?"

The man's long hair blocked her vision of him. However, after a moment he disconnected the tube of the liquid, holding the rather long needle up in the air. "Of course it is, child."

Tears welding up once more, Felicity looked up to her teacher again, who extended her hand to her. The pale area where her gloves usually would be signified that she had just now removed the hand garments. The young woman smiled reassuringly, "You will be fine, Fel. It's okay. This will be worth it."

Felicity raised her good right hand to her's, squeezing it as tightly as she could as she heard Daisuke walking towards them. He lifted her sleeve, dabbing it with a cool cloth.

Felicity was vibrating, watching her trusted mentor with visible fear on her face.

"Come now," Ashla smirked, "I would never do anything to hurt you, right?"

Felicity smiled, although a tear slid slowly down her face, her expression screamed of unwavering admiration. "Nev'a."

She winced, clenching her teeth together in a hiss of pain, as the needle pierced her skin.

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Daisuke felt fresh sorrow cross his features as he watched her cry, defeated by herself. He cherished her as an unbiological daughter, but now he understood the pain he brought her.

"Felicity..."

She did not bother to wipe her eyes. She was so caught up in her bitter tears. Daisuke sat down again, his tears flooding with tears of his own.

For a long time, he watched. He watched as she silently wailed. Her back heaved up and down as she covered her face with her hand. The spilled tea dripped onto the floor. It was just like the salty tears streaming down her face. The half neanderthal was losing control, and not just when her Beserk Rage was on.

She's becoming Ashla and she doesn't even know it...

Daisuke sighed, looking down to the half destroyed tabletop as he spoke.

"I sincerely apologize for what we put on you. But you understand that there is always a choice-"

"-I was a stupid kid!" She lashed out against the air, throwing her left arm as she looked up in unbridled anger. Her eyes narrowed, "How could I have known better? I blindly trusted people then!"

Daisuke shook his head, "And for that, your former mentor and I carry the worst of the blame. She lacked the logic needed to turn my offer down, and I was positive my even untested formula would work well. At first, the results were promising..."

Felicity shuddered, "Then the rage took over."

"Yes," Daisuke nodded in sorrow, "It did."

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Daisuke looked towards the wall. There, many different formulas, potions, medicines, and pills sat neat and organized in their cabinets.

An idea flew into his mind.

He pulled his rustled grey hair behind his ears, readjusting his glasses. He cleared his throat, "You obviously are unbalanced, scared. You need a home."

She hung her head even lower, vibrating violently.

"I could give you a job at the shop. My son Max and I could always use the assistance of a cleaner or-"

"-Alchemist?"

Surprised, Daisuke lifted an eyebrow.

"Can I learn alchemy?" Felicity's voice sounded shaken, but tame. "I don't know what it takes, but..."

Daisuke smiled, "A hobby aside beating people up would do you good."

A gentle laugh crossed the air. They both shared smiles as Felicity wiped her tears. As she calmed down, she avoided his eyes. "I'm sorry I snapped. I-It just happened..."

Daisuke frowned, "You always had a quick tempor. But honestly, this was..."

Felicity put her hand on her forehead, "I'm okay, it's just been hard."

Daisuke sighed, "Pushing your anger back and refusing to face it will only make you worse."

Felicity looked up to him with a stubborn smile. She was in a war with defiance with herself as she spoke, "What anger?"

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Wow.

Daisuke was in disbelief. Was she really going to brush aside her obvious anger issues like this? She just put a knife into the table, greatly damaged it, but now she behaved like nothing had ever happened. This was not right. This was not healthy. He knew she was strong, but this was a guaranteed trip towards self destruction. She was becoming out of hand... he needed to fix the mess he started.

"If you plan on becoming an alchemist," He pushed their conversation along, "Then we can figure out the nature of your powers together. We can learn how to harness them, control them."

Felicity nodded, "Then I can stop the damage."

Daisuke stood up, brushing a flown piece of chicken from her temper tantrum, "I will see to it that the spare room is readied for you. Max and I live just down the road."

Felicity stood up, purposefully avoiding the knife she struck the table with, "Thank you, Daisuke."

Daisuke gently pulled the girl into a hug, "I'm just greatly relieved to see your okay..."

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:13 PM
Felicity walked down the cold night street like with her fedora on. As she trudged along, appearing empty and devoid, Max whispered to his father, "Is she safe around my daughter?"

Daisuke nodded, "She loves children. And hopefully, I can bring her back to stability, Max. Felicity used to be different."

"How can we tell she hasn't permanently changed though?" Max shook his head, "What if that peppy teenager you knew will never come back?"

Daisuke's face was clouded with grief and sadness, "Time will tell, son..."

The threesome walked up to a decently sized, simple cabin. Max walked up to the door. As he opened it, he saw a blond toddler race up to him, her light blue dress bouncing as she raced up to him, "Daddy!"

He was exhausted, but filled with joy to see her. He may have merely adopted this little girl, but he loved her like his own, "Hi, sweety!"

He scooped her up, hugging her in his arms as he held her close. As her feet dangled, she burrowed her head into his neck. Max looked back to the redhead, who was being helped by Daisuke up the stairs.

From the hallway, a dark skinned young woman in a light pink dress ran through the doorway, "Welcome home, sweetie- who's this?"

Daisuke put his hands on Felicity's shoulder, "I just brought another homeless kid into the house."

Flamebird
11-28-2017, 04:14 PM
OOC: Done.

~~~

Breaker
11-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Thread Title: Silent Eruption
Judgment Type: No Judgment

Flamebird receives 858 EXP and 100 GP!

Congratulations!

Breaker
11-28-2017, 04:26 PM