PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions for 2018

Lye
12-29-2017, 11:28 AM
Alright, for those willing to share, let's hear your 2018 goals!

Mine:
Lose 40lbs or 4" in the waist. Whichever comes first. Ideally both.
Go to the Gym at least 3 days a week, ideally 5 times per week.
Draw daily or at least complete one colored piece per month.
No more alcohol except federal holidays, birthdays, or anniversaries.

Briarheart
12-29-2017, 11:35 AM
- Drop 20 lbs.
- Diversify my cooking skills a bit
- Write and publish either an e-book or a serialized audiobook series
- Advance my career
- Read more

Philomel
12-29-2017, 12:10 PM
My main one is what I tried (and failed by about a hundred days) in 2016 to do: write a poem every day of the year.

My second is to get my masters degree, and get a job as a librarian.

Third would be to try to go to church more in general.

Hydra
12-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Get a full time job and start doing other things than reading and gaming.

Arden
12-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Lose at least half a stone and the nurse bum.

Mainly, though, my resolution is 'try your best and don't be a dick'.

Amari
12-29-2017, 07:41 PM
-loose 5-10 kilos
-further my YT channel
-get married
-further my language studies

jdd2035
12-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Get fat, and dumb! If I fail this resolution I am skinnier, and smarter. If I fulfill my resolution I will have done something the vast majority of all resolution makers don't. Either way, i win :D

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
12-31-2017, 04:42 AM
Get fat, and dumb! If I fail this resolution I am skinnier, and smarter. If I fulfill my resolution I will have done something the vast majority of all resolution makers don't. Either way, i win :D

Can't argue with that. I'm down. :)

Esther
12-31-2017, 05:28 AM
-enjoy life
-make someone smile everyday
-get my life sorted

Itinerant
12-31-2017, 11:19 AM
-Go to the gym more often than once a week
-Cook more, less boxed foods
-Read the stack of unread books next to my bed
-Improve my study habits

FennWenn
12-31-2017, 05:57 PM
~ write book, write more althystuff
~ continue pixel webcomic
~ ascend the mortal coil
~ obtain excellent grades and more learning
~ make SPARK FUGGIN JOIN ALREADY
~ draw cool shizz

Nevin
12-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Uhhh.
Write more. (HAH YOU WILL ENDURE IT)
Stream more.
Something something dark side. Hell if I know.
Get back into shape maybe?

Storm Veritas
01-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Sharpen up the diet again; I've consciously let it get lax.
Work my ass off to try to get rich with my startup that now has funding.
Take my girls on a WILD vacation, or at least get a crazy one on the books by close of '18.

Lye
03-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Necro thread~

So, three months are up. How many of you have stuck to your resolutions. I'm still keeping up the spirit of it, but I've totally broke mine in like... mid February. Also, I like sugar.

FennWenn
03-30-2018, 11:03 AM
I am doing a fabulous progress on everything but pixel comic and Althy writes. For those two, I have done literally nothing. Not certain if this indicates failure or success.

Yvonne
03-30-2018, 09:40 PM
My resolutions were to have my house converted to solar power and to write my first novel.

Neither of those are progressing particularly well.

In my defense I've been fleshing out my main character and some of you have been helping me do that, so thank you. I've also learned that solar power is expensive and I can't set up a wind farm in my backyard, because my dog will think trixie windmills.

Amari
03-31-2018, 01:46 AM
loose 5-10 kilos - lost 3.5!
-further my YT channel/twitch - Doubled my views and getting decent income
-get married -I mean in 27 days!
-further my language studies -Check!

Storm Veritas
03-31-2018, 08:17 AM
My diet has gone sideways, but my wife and I are going full Keto Monday. God help me.
Work is going well; have gotten a few large customers nibbling at the line and hoping to land one.
Taking the girls to Disney World in May. It's not a "wild" trip, but they'll love it.

Lye
03-31-2018, 11:45 AM
Dude me too. Everyone seems to want to go do the Ketosis thing and I’m looking at the meal plan thinking, “god that’s a lot of cheese meat and butter”...

Storm Veritas
03-31-2018, 08:05 PM
Dude me too. Everyone seems to want to go do the Ketosis thing and I’m looking at the meal plan thinking, “god that’s a lot of cheese meat and butter”...

I've been on a very low-bread diet for a long time which has kept my weight in reasonable check, but fruit is a BIG part of what I eat and I am very nervous. Vitamin C and potassium in particular might be a big problem.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-01-2018, 11:58 AM
I got fatter and dumber, so I guess I met minimum expectations.

Rayse
04-02-2018, 02:52 AM
Resolutions:

Get Revenant to stop hating me
Get Storm to do something with me
Get on Shinsou's show
Write something maybe? Doesn't have to be on this dead site I guess, but I don't know any other places.

20-year resolution:
Do the Salvar thing

Slayer
04-02-2018, 07:23 AM
I wasn't here for this, but I resolved to get a car, learn how to drive a standard, drop weight, write again, and start drinking again.

So far, all good. I've dropped about forty five pounds since the new year, my asshole car is in the driveway with its weeping clutch, and I've done....some writing.

Lye
04-02-2018, 09:03 AM
Potassium and C you can get from those veggies. Spinach was a big part of the menu my wife has as well as tomato. They're not as potent as other options, but a couple serving should hit your daily dose.

Storm Veritas
04-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Potassium and C you can get from those veggies. Spinach was a big part of the menu my wife has as well as tomato. They're not as potent as other options, but a couple serving should hit your daily dose.

Amen. I already eat quite a bit of tomato, and mix spinach with my eggs every morning. I'm going to try a side salad of spinach every day mixed in with my protein at lunch and/or dinner, and a little more broccoli. I'm hoping all that ruffage offsets some of the extra full-fat dairy that could set up to back up the works.

I'm considering writing a diary on this site, in the even anyone else wants to give it a spin.

RAYSE - I'd love to write something with you. I'm incapable of cooking up a good starter (obviously). Let's just start a bad thread together and use it to gear towards something more thoughtful and sophisticated.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Rayse is back. Good man.

Little Red
04-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Well, I got A Full-Time Job so half of my Resolution is done. The other half is WIP

Storm Veritas
04-03-2018, 05:19 PM
I wasn't here for this, but I resolved to get a car, learn how to drive a standard, drop weight, write again, and start drinking again.

So far, all good. I've dropped about forty five pounds since the new year, my asshole car is in the driveway with its weeping clutch, and I've done....some writing.

Holy shit dude, that's awesome!

Rayse
08-26-2018, 02:56 PM
I am failing the heck out of these resolutions.

Lye
08-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Yeah... me either. Holy crap. I did good on the alcohol until bad shit went down. Same for working out before the move.