About 6 months ago, my father in law was diagnosed with melanoma that had infested his ocular nerve. They removed his eye in order to prevent the spread. Last night, he sent us an email detailing his most recent diagnosis. The cancer has spread to his liver and lymph nodes. The largest of which is about the size of your hand atop his liver. The doctors need to run tests to give us any details on timeframe or severity. Traditional treatment has already been ruled out, but there are some gene therapy treatments that are new and have promising results. He plans to arrange a few meeting this and next week to begin the process. If they can map the genome specific to the tumor, there is a chance the therapy can put him in remission. There was one recent success of this with someone with his similar condition. Again, its success relies on the tests and mapping of the cancer's genetic make up.

My wife took took the news bad and was up most the the night trying to process it. She lost her mother to liver failure and a colon rupture no more than 4 years ago. She was 23 at the time. To me, he's been more of a father than my own who's been absent in my life since I was 13. Craig is a good man who doesn't deserve something like this.

I'm going to make an attempt to handle as business as usual. For all of you, I ask a bit of patience a little understanding if my mood is not ideal. I'll try to keep you up to date and I apologize for any inconvenience. I just wish to remain as transparent as possible should situations worsen. We've been told to remains optimistic. So, that's what we'll try to do.