EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
    Dirksy, I actually like that plan! not so much to the cap at 10, but that prevents people from mass joining one clan (like when the IK had 26 members...) and so I understand it!
    Right. Sure we could allow unlimited members, but only allow 10 to receive the perk, but that makes things way too complicated for moderators.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Ah okay Dirks, that makes a lot of sense.

And whether or not to bring back the Power Groups is up to you both I think. It seems popular, maybe a steady reintroduction? Bit by bit perhaps? So just the groundworks first, registering them, then setting up whatever subforums you think are necessary, then doing the incentives later, if there are any.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Lye View Post
    This isn't to say we are or are not bringing back PGs. I want to know what you miss and what you'd like to have brought back if anything.

Overall, I'm seeing reasons that have nothing to do with rewards or incentives other than a common flag to fly between characters. No system is really needed for that. Just like I still write the CH with Amari and Shinsou has his Brotherhood of Castigars.

Dirks proposition adds a fun twist of regional bonuses. Which is fine. And the limiting members has to do with people who want to be in all the clubs and get all the club perks. That would be game breaking if left unchecked. So I'm not too keen on incentives since that was the primary reason so much conflict arose over the old system. How many months did players receive boosted rewards for having an HQ uncontested? How many free levels did that earn? It can be argued that they weren't "free" but earned, but the subject is touchy none the less.

So again, what would you want to see out of power groups? People miss them, but what could you do then that you cannot do now?
    You hit the nail on the head.

I would quite like to have an informal system, to be honest. Perhaps have a list of Althy recognized PG's that are "canon", maybe once in a while do a featured quest involving them when activity picks up. But for now, there is nothing stopping us carrying on the status quo. The Bro'hood of Bro's carries on regardless.

I'm Asking you Icely

EXP: 33,893, Level: 7
    Level completed: 87%, EXP required for next Level: 1,107
    Level completed: 87%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,107

GP

Name
    Ashla Rose Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/Elf Hybrid

View Profile
    I'm not too sure on the "10 members only" thing, but the rest of it sounds good. I've always liked the RP aspect more than awards, either way. Not sure ten members only would be a great idea; it could basically be like "Sorry, but you can't join because we already have max players." It seems a little unnecessary and maaaaybe uncool?

I like everything else though.

"I did what I had to do! Nobody was taking care of these murderers, slavers, robbers! The Rangers weren’t! The Bladesingers weren’t! Somebody had to do something! So I did. And I will extract justice onto every criminal in the world until there is only the good guys. I tried using mercy and compassion. Those don’t work. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I will take every measure necessary to save the world.” ~ Ashla Icebreaker.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    PG's returning under the discussion to this point... yes. If we can balance everything out, then, hell yes. I think the 10 member cap is quite generous. It keeps things fair between PG's, and it doesn't send the mods overseeing into a head spinning flurry.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Also, by having the max at 10, it allows each clan to be fairly balanced on people. In the past we had clan wars that had one clan with like 20 people for the war where the other side was forced to have mercenaries to evenly match the sides in the fight. 10 people would mean 10 people, and therefore no need for added mercenaries to even things out.

EXP: 34,842, Level: 7
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 158
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 158

GP

Name
    Zack Blaze
    I'd be fine with PGs having a member cap on perks, but telling someone "Sorry, but you came too little too late" seems a bit mean. Regional bonuses seem like a good idea as well, or PG specific awards, but not super magic items of doom like we used to have with the IK.

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    How about the 10 most active get the rewards for the month. sorta like the "post here to keep the HQ" thread that happened monthly, members who have not been active in threads that month don't get that month's rewards? Those who are active, and more active at that, get the rewards. If theres 15 people in a clan, 12 of them are active in a thread, 2 of them are only in one thread while the others are in 2+, they 10 most active get in on that month's rewards?

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Chelley
    Race
    Alaskan
    Personally, I don't particular miss PGs. All PG interactions I've had have left a bad taste for me. Whether it was just the PG fizzling out or other stuff, PGs have never been good for me.

That aside, I can't agree to a member cap, for similar reasons already stated. It becomes exclusionary and that's not a good front to put up when recruiting new people. I can, however, see a member cap for wars. Limiting the number of people that can sign up to a participate in a war will eliminate the problem Black Shadow mentioned about winding up with uneven teams. Let there be as many people involved in a PG as the PG wants to allow, but when it comes to wars, the PG essentially forms a "war team" of up to X many members of the PG. How it's decided who's on the war team would be up to the PG members to figure out, of course.
    Last edited by Chelley; 02-07-2018 at 08:51 PM.

I'm Asking you Icely

EXP: 33,893, Level: 7
    Level completed: 87%, EXP required for next Level: 1,107
    Level completed: 87%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,107

GP

Name
    Ashla Rose Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/Elf Hybrid

View Profile
    Totally agree with Sei, Shadow, and Chelley.

Another idea is that instead of a perk cap, PG admins can give a monthly perk to the member that contributed the most. It would be just as much as a perk as a reward. Different categories for separate "not-free-perks/ earned awards" could be given to different players too. Like... The person who completed the most PG quests get an EXP Booster for a single thread of choice. A helpful moderator gets a cool new IC item (not overpowered.) Something like that?

"I did what I had to do! Nobody was taking care of these murderers, slavers, robbers! The Rangers weren’t! The Bladesingers weren’t! Somebody had to do something! So I did. And I will extract justice onto every criminal in the world until there is only the good guys. I tried using mercy and compassion. Those don’t work. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I will take every measure necessary to save the world.” ~ Ashla Icebreaker.