Quote Originally Posted by Philomel View Post
Oh and steam trains are a thing. Between the cities.
[strike]Theeeeeeeeeeeeey're two! They're four! They're six! They're eight! Shunting trucks and hauling freight! Red and gree-[/strike]okay, trying to help answer Yvonne's questions:

Maybe looking at technology from the RL industrial revolution can help? I never thought of "average life" technology in Alerar before, but I can easily imagine that early telephones, electricity, or at least typewriters are a thing. How about bicycles? Since "steampunk" and steam "energy" is basically a form of hydroelectricity, saying that electricity has been invented isn't that far fetched. I'd say that looking at the lore, maybe only wealthy folk and criminals could afford such technology? Then again, even slaves in Alerar can get an education, so...

In terms of alchemy, serums, etc., Alerar's alchemy is strongly scientific, so using magic in it is usually unlikely. However, the good old Alchemist's Guild may have more shifty workers (and if not the Alchemist's Guild, the dreaded "Fourth" Guild...) Finding a way to combine real world science with magic could prove sweet!

Then again, I could be wrong on all of this. But this is my two cents. xD