GP

Name
    Carnaan Ashwalker

Carnaan Ashwalker

Name: Carnaan Ashwalker
    Height: 8’7”
    Weight: 712lbs
    Appearance: Carnaan is an extremely large, muscular man with dark hair and matching beard. His face is permanently set in a stern expression, and his eyes are a glowing blue that match those of his stormhound totem. His skin is dark and toughened from exposure to the elements, covered in numerous silver scars. He wears clothing made of leathers and furs, and he has a large bear pelt he wears over his head and back like a cloak.

Personality: Carnaan is a stern man, living his entire adult life hunting the strongest beasts he can find. He doesn’t avoid human contact as much as he prefers to be alone. His large build and silent nature make him imposing to most folks, regardless of his intentions. He seeks out challenges in the wild and doesn’t hesitate to leave town without warning to venture out to the wild.

History: Carnaan comes from the fabled Ashwalker clan, an ancient clan that had lived with nature for generations. The clan had a mystic bond with the land and the creatures in it, each member bonding with one specific animal as they grew into adulthood. The bond between the ashwalker and the animal have both extreme benefits, providing increased intelligence for the animal, and improving the natural strength of the warrior. The Shaman of the Ashwalkers were even able to transform into hybrid creatures, taking on the features of their totem animal.

Carnaan was the apprentice of the last Shaman of the the Ashwalkers, learning all he could before he bonded with his totem animal. On the night of his 21st summer, he bonded with one of the rare storm hounds, a newborn pup that had become separated from it’s mother.

Carnaan named his companion Ru’un, and eventually the pair left to live in the wild, communing with nature as is the custom of the next Shaman of the clan.

Skills:
    Huntmaster-Carnaan has been taught how to hunt and stalk since he was old enough to walk, giving him the ability to track efficiently and silently.

Master skinner- Carnaan knows how to skin his kills without damaging the pelt.

Survivalist- Carnaan has lived in the wild for almost a decade. He can survive outside of civilized society completely.

Abilities:
    Warform- Once per day, Carnaan can take on the physical aspects of his totem animal, causing him to grow larger and acquire tough, green scales.
    Once per day, Carnaan’s skin becomes as hard as iron, lasts 1 post.

Natural Strength- The Ashwalkers have incredible natural strength, this heritage allows Carnaan to be 2x as strong as a normal person.

Totemic Beast- Ru’un: Ru’un is a rare species of beast known as a Stormwolf, he is the size of a horse with sharp fangs and iron hard claws and scales, but as a juvenile, he has a weak underbelly. He is able to understand Carnaan and can follow basic instructions given to him, be they gestures or words.

Items- Carnaan has an iron axe and leather armor. He lives in a self built cabin in the woods near a stream that has fish.
    Last edited by GlassOdin; 02-13-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hi and welcome to Althanas

Really interesting character you have there with a great backstory and something we don't usually see on Althanas. I'll just have a look over this and get to you soon
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hi

So first I will need you to just let me know on a general scale you see Carnaan's strength being. Maybe about twice that of a normal person?

Also I will need you to define the strength of Ru'un's claws. Are they about the strength of iron. How keen are his senses? At the moment with how you have described Ru'un, you are sitting just over the general limit. If we put strength at 2x, which is how I am calculating it currently, and 'lock' Ru'uns extreme senses I can approve you.

Other things might come up, but feel free to ask any questions. I am here to help you settle in too so anything you want to know about Althanas I am happy to help.
    Last edited by Philomel; 02-13-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

GP

Name
    Carnaan Ashwalker
    Changes made, let me know if that works

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hi,

Thanks for that
    Just a few more questions on Ru'un. How tough is his hide? Is it like iron? I'm assuming he is usable in combat? As he stands quite large he is what is mainly using up your points. I really like him, we just need to cut something small. Maybe just 'slightly heightened senses'? Then at the next level you can make them stronger. At the moment you are sitting sightly over the TPL.

Thanks for being so patient and understanding.
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

GP

Name
    Carnaan Ashwalker
    There you go! I removed the senses for now, I’ll add them when I next level up! I also clarified the scales and I really appreciate the help! Thank you for being so patient with me!

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Okie doke, so the scales are iron? The reason I need to clarify is that he is a pretty big animal and a whole skin like that uses a lot of points. If we give him a weakness (say, underbelly) then I can sort it out and approve. It was my bad so far, I didn't see the scales at the start.
    Last edited by Philomel; 02-13-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

GP

Name
    Carnaan Ashwalker
    I added the underbelly weakness and added a little flavor! Thank you so much for working with me! I really appreciate it.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Perfect! Thank you. Just a general piece of advice to not overplay Ru'un a little too much. Thanks so much.

Approved
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

GP

Name
    Carnaan Ashwalker
    I appriciate it! Ru’un is mainly there to act as a mount for Carnaan, and to allow for some fun interactions in towns. I plan on having Carn doing a lot of stalking and hunting with his axe more than anything. Thank you so much for your help! I’ll definately keep your advice in mind!