GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Who Wants to RP?

Ello,

I'm kind of tired of meagerly grinding for rewards VIA poorly written solo's with no significant character development. I want to write and RP with other players and get some meaningful character development, for my or someone else's character, done. I absolutely will not participate in Rated Aur/ Mature threads...

So... who wants to RP? Anybody?

My characters are:
    - Hanuh Just approved! She time travelled from the future to stop a criminal mastermind who, in present time, is just another crook. Direction desperately needed RP-wise. She is a more traditionalist, mature, down to earth person. Was raised in a lonely, secluded luxury. Her themes are running from your problems, daddy issues, growing up?
    - Felicity: An alchemist's experiment, discriminated neanderthal child, alchemist herself, little ragechild. Currently my favorite character to play. She has anger issues, loves to learn about magic and science, generally likes to explore the world, and lives to help other people. She miiiiiight have mild PTSD from her recent past. Her themes include self improvement, dealing with emotions, learning, magic and science and how they should work together, being a hero, having the worst mentors possible (aside the blood alchemist brother figure, he's awesome), altruism.
    - Ashla: Hot headed ice mage, former murderer in the name of justice. Very emotional. My oldest character, but least favorite to play currently. Major themes currently include redemption, broken moralities, psychological stuff, powerhunger, the deliciousness of apples. In terms of story, she's trying to find her feet again, is running from the law, trying to redeem herself, and will be joining a government group aimed at "rehabilitating" (and weaponising until they've served their sentence, a mad psychologist obsessed with how criminal minds work is also involved) former criminals. I don't know whether I want to kill her or not.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-26-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    I'm up for it! We have our battle too to finish.

I will put up more of a detailed list of my characters in a mo when on my laptop.

Placeholder
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 34,842, Level: 7
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 158
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 158

GP

Name
    Zack Blaze
    I might be interested in helping Ashla gain a redemption arc/find a purpose in her aggression.

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    I'm quite open to writing with others. It's easier to move plots along and keeps it interesting, seeing how others respond to your writing. Writing solo is hard work in my opinion.

I'd be willing to write with you, if you'll have me about.

Yvonne is the only character I have at the moment naturally, so if she doesn't fit your story that is entirely understandable.

Her themes are dealing with racism, knowledge is power, time is money, overcoming adversity, drugs are bad, helping the less fortunate, punishing the wicked, the ends justify the means and war decides who's left, not right among others.

My first impression is that Hanuh would be a fascinating character for Yvonne to meet. They would clash in some respects, Yvonne has a phobia of magic so that would be hilarious. She also tends to confront her problems while Hanuh avoids them until a better opportunity comes along, so the mix would be curious.

I was going to begin a caravan-centric thread soon, on-the-move, leaving Yvonne's home behind. Maybe you had some ideas of your own? I'd be interested to know which of your characters you think would work well with my grey dwarf.

Perhaps Philomel can tie us all together into a trio, because otherwise one of us is going to go this way and the other is going to go that-a-way, haha.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    I'd love to RP with you, Phi!

Hey, Sei! I do remember that Blaze and Ashla didn't seem to like each other xD And I'm still sorry for that bunny years ago... I'm open to ideas! Just seeing an old enemy again would put her on edge. If I remember right though, Zack was just out to insult her for entertainment?

Yvonne, it would be funny to see Hanuh and Yvonne get along. Ironically, Hanuh isn't as obsessed with her powers as my other characters. Unlike her mommy (Ashla), Hanuh doesn't see her powers as unique and that they make her a "special snowflake", if you will. Hanuh just sees her powers as one of many potential tools, also relying on skills, martial arts, and the mind. I actually think it would be awesome to see Yvonne and Felicity interact. They both were discriminated as children and probably suffer deep internal scars over it. And, of course, as with all Alerarians Yvonne hates magic - but Felicity actually has a natural affinity towards it. As an alchemist, Felicity thinks that magic and science should be used together. Additionally, Yvonne and Felicity both seem to like righting wrongs. They'd probably have an interesting relationship.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Sorry I didn't manage to get my characters up, things happened. ... It's 4am ish just now so I won't do them now but will work on that tomorrow.

((Also Yvonne, I'd love to RPG with you))
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Ah. Hanuh is Ashla's daughter. I wonder who the father was. The plot thickens... *taps fingertips together*

Felicity and Yvonne would become fast friends right off the bat, no question. They have much in common and would compliment each other in many situations. Felicity needs Yvonne's cool-headed guidance in aggravating conditions and Yvonne needs Felicity's muscle and might when the going gets rough.

I foresee them making some positive changes in this world. I suppose I'm wondering what kind of character development you're looking for with Felicity. Yvonne is likely to push her to be a better version of herself - not necessarily make any drastic changes, because they would mesh together well. There will be occasional hiccups in their relationship when Yvonne's means-to-an-end flare up Felicity's moral code alarm bells, which will be colourful and exciting.

Side note, Yvonne doesn't hate magic (doesn't hate anything at all yet) but she's terrified of it, doesn't understand it or have any knowledge of it. All she knows is that if she's caught out interacting with it or practicing it in any way it could spell doom... DOOM upon her, upon her family and upon her donkey. If Felicity could expose Yvonne to it in a controlled fashion she might be able to learn a trick or two.

Wee, this is fun just thinking about it. Who are you going to bring Philomel - and how and where should we begin, that makes sense for all of us? I can tweak Yvonne's timeline forward a-ways if necessary and she does plan on travelling everywhere in her life.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Here we go:

Family triplet:

Philomel:-

she's everyone's favourite faun-whore. My first character here and my main account. She is a faun, with deep violet hair, chestnut fur and a very large boson she had been called the greatest concubine, and began life from the age of six as training for the lover industry. Right now, however she only serves higher class clients, as for the past ten or so years she had been setting up the Gilded Lily. The Lily was firstly meant to be a guild that protected whores from abuse from their clients and pimps, however has now extended into the first feminist guild. They have a ship, a fortress in Concordia forest and a small standing but elite army. They also mostly all now follow Drys, Philomel's goddess. There is also the Gilded Lily network of brothels: they are any brothel or pub that wants the promise of protection and the rights for their women. They are run by women, called Matrons, and pay a small fee to the Gilded Lily.

Philomel herself is a mixture of priestess, heroine (at least to the Gilded Lily members), Matriarch, warrior, pirate captain (the ship technically belongs to the pirate king Malachi), druid summoner. She has two companions - the constant Veridian who is a fox-form earth-spirit who is possessed by the spirit of a tiny fire whisp, and a huge rock dragon called Delath who can eat anything (nom). And Delath recently learnt to speak so that's fun.

Vaeron:-

Vaeron has been with Philomel since they got the ship together about 8 years ago. He is her best friend and calls her 'Princess'. He is tall, handsome and in his 50s. He is a human from Raiaera, who was raised by a hunter father and then became a priest of Earlon (an elven Raiaeran god) until he met Philomel. Two things to bare in mind about him are that he has two savage scars on his cheeks that disallow him to make many facial expressions, predominantly smiling, and second is that he is gay. He hides this for fear of discrimination though just got a boyfriend called Talimar, which is nice, and the two of them are the only males in the Gilded Lily. They live in the hidden fortress. He is also the biological father of Celandine. He also now calls himself a mage of Drys, as he mainly follows her after Philomel's influence and has a magical bow that he produces energy blasts through and also a knife of similar effect.

Celandine:-

Celandine is the daughter of Vaeron and Philomel, concieved in a very awkward, confusing night. She was Vaeron's idea, saying that Philomel needed an heir and that he did not trust anyone else to be a distant enough father and not claim power over Philomel through it. Hence himself. Whilst she was pregnant Philomel discovered her daughter was blessed and wanted by Drys and so carried her to full term. Celandine was raised as the supposed child of another faun whore in a brothel in Radasanth for five years until Philomel came to claim her. For the past four months she has been living in the fortress. She is five years old, but is an extremely fast learner and also a minor prophet. She has brown hair and fur, has a bold but delightful attitude and smiles a little too much for Vaeron's comfort. And she's not allowed to call him dad, which annoys her.

The god and kenku triplet:

Stare:-

My other main character. Stare is a 17 year old kenku (crow and humanoid hybrid) who is in service to a man/good called Vitruvion. They met under unfortunate circumstances when he had her kidnapped to join his underground hell/sex empire called the Hollow. However, after six months there they discovered she was starting to be able to use magic, for the first time in her life and in the Hollow, where all magic as idea from. Vitruvion's cannot work. They discovered shortly after that her race actualily originates from another planet which has a lone god called Ansaldo and that Vitruvion is that god's 'soon' i.e. self made clone. Vitruvion claimed Stare as his own.

Vitruvion is her god, patron, employer and vice in her head. They have a constant mental connection. She is an excellent business woman and manages many of his more legitimate businesses, but also had acted as his assassin, representative and speaker. He is secretly a god, with his greater powers locked away by the Raeairan pantheon when he arrived on the planet, and her magic is mostly focused around eyes. She can see a person's soul, chakras, allignment and a few others. She is covered in black feathers, is fairly grim and sarcastic, but is smart and keen. Vitruvion is an arrogant arsehole but fiercely loyal and protective over those who are loyal to him. Stare is awesome, and wears tunics most of the time. She's very good in tense situations, had no family (aside from Avin) and few friends. She recently got made immortal by Vitruvion and is very annoyed about it, and has wings that grew literally over night.

Avin:-

Avin is an undead kenku, raised by Vitruvion's half brother Vindrexis and a demon lord of excess called Sabazios. Vindrexis came to Althanas with one purpose - to end Vitruvion, and is much more villanous than he. Avin is grumpy, ill-tempered and hates himself. Her is very loyal to Vindrexis however, though he dislikes the good sometimes, because he believes he has to serve the god who created him and believes any deity is over their subjects. Avin is pale grey in colour and had no memory of being Stare's brother. He only knows faint memories of his first life, and a lot of pain from his second. He is the subject of Vindrexis favourite past time - killing Avin in different ways. Avin hates this part. He is immortal, is addicted to the scent of death, and is a great warrior..

Vixen:-

Vitruvion and Vindrexis' half sister, she has been on Althanas for three and a half thousand years. She originally came with the kenkus to guide them, but was betrayed by spirits called the kami who wanted to guide the kenkus themselves. The kenku do not know this. Vixen was made a slave by merchant Sorcerers who reduced her powers. She stayed in their capture for many years before they established a city called Hernsford. Even when the line of Sorcerers who owned her died out she remained a prisoner. She just got her freedom and is more hunting her siblings and kenkus. She is very sassy, irritated easily and extremely good at sex. She is immortal, turns into a unicorn and is definitely not pure of heart. She has long white hair, loves life and is currently living with a metal demon called Mikhail in Radasanth.
    Last edited by Philomel; 02-25-2018 at 04:44 AM.
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Have any thread ideas, Yvonne? Seems like Yvonne and Felicity would rock together, but storywise where are they and why?

Phi, can we write with Stare? Don't know which character I could use to interact with her though...

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Sure!! Stare is one of Nevin's best friends and I know Felicity involved with him. So those two? Or anything you want. Stare is fun.
    *admin at your service*

Characters: