EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    I'm proud of it too! Submitted it for judgement

What's the next thread going to be about?
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    I have a few ideas in mind. The neatest one I think is a mystery, whodunit-type thread where Felicity and Yvonne are detectives that seek to unravel a magical mystery in and around Donnalaich.

The drakari and the fae are trying to build, or essentially rebuild an ancient city from the rubble and shambles of today. Remake it into a city that resembled yesterday, or many yester-years ago more precisely, yes? The drakari are excellent craftsmen in the physical sense and their fae brothers and sisters help them build with their magic to speed up the process and add a touch of wondrous architecture.

They look back on their efforts at the end of the day, look up at their building from below, their magical tower for example - happy with their efforts they retire to their homes and families and go to sleep.

When they wake up however... all of their work has been undone. The building of yesterday has returned to ruins at their feet. It's frustrating. The drakari are the first to turn to their temper - they get angry with the fae, but the fae creators are innocent. They did nothing wrong and willingly help rebuild the same as the day before. Nobody understands what's going on, and the people are getting restless and scared, because they need these buildings, these shelters, these homes to survive.

Think of a granary, a storehouse for food that keeps dismantling itself overnight. The food is subjected to the weather, it spoils and people go hungry, forced to forage and hunt for more and the jungle is a very dangerous place, and there's no guarantee that when they bring the food back they'll even have a place to store it, because they haven't figured out the original problem! Civil unrest! Nobody is happy! The blame game from all sides!

...Enter Felicity and Yvonne.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Oooooooooooooh I like it!

Would the thread immediately pick up where it left off? I'd imagine Felicity would probably take a while to regain her everything, and I don't know how Yvonne thinks of her now. They're basically sisters, yes, but Yvonne probably has a lot of questions now - a majority of them revolving around her uncontrollable magic. She still will probably believe her culture's negative bias against magic after all, it's all she knows about it. With how Felicity's magic is a beast, I can see her remaining fears being confirmed. And poor Yvonne probably will be the sole defender of their camp too!

What's causing the work to be undone? An ancient curse? A remaining ancient? A backstabber in the group? ... Spinosaurs?

How's the title Rebuilding a something something clever pun or something punny something something that has to do both with rebuilding a structure and a lost mentality and trust or something something something?

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Think of a granary, a storehouse for food that keeps dismantling itself overnight.
    Thinking about it they probably wouldn't be growing grain in the jungle, hey, but the storehouse would still be needed for meat, fish, fruit, berries, roots, veggies, etc. It's a structure that any township grows around.

I would have it pick up a few days later, give Felicity time to recover and eat well, return to a hundred percent. Yvonne could also use a little time out, you know, to settle her nerves and calm her farm. Maybe they have a day or two of uncomfortable silence, when neither of them really wants to bring up the elephant in the roo-- jungle. We can begin the thread with either Felicity or Yvonne, or both deciding it's time to talk about it, haha.

Luckily the camp is reasonably close to town, and the larger predators prefer to hunt a little further away from civilization, or "civilization" as the case may be, seeing as we've only got a bunch of rocks to live under.

Ooooh, you want to know what the cause of the problem is, do youuu? Weeell, I could tell youuu, seeing as I have it all figured ooout, but that would be spoiling the surprise, and that's no fun. Teehee. You'll just have to post with me and find out later on! At least until I have to tell you more and more clues and you figure it out for yourself, haha.

It seems you've discovered that long, obnoxious thread titles ruffle my feathers, haha. That's a good one. I've thought about this too - another simple one that serves its purpose for the whole chapter, like Entanglement did. I was quite happy with that one.

Fae Conundrum.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Fae Conundrum.

I likie

It all sounds good! Lol, I could see Felicity stress eating all the deer meat to where it's almost out :P And don't forget all her nightmares. :P She's a disturbed child...

Felicity despises silence, so I could potentially see her cracking and finally talking first. But if you think Yvonne would crack first, that's perfectly fine

Oh! Hiding the plot from me! Let's start the thread now! Lol!

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Heehee, Felicity would crack first then. Yvonne likes a little peace and quiet.

I thought keeping the plot hushhush from you would get a reaction outta ya, lol. Go for it dear, you start it off a few days later at the camp, "I've had enough of these silent treatment shenanigans!" We're just about out of deer, we need to go into town and we need to talk.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Posted! Tried to incorporate some humor, since this thread is bound to get more serious later on. Mind that I bunnied that Yvonne was just coming back to the camp from somewhere?

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Of course, from the river. Gotta keep our water in-take up because it's so bloody hot. *wink*

Haha, I love how the rat is making a comeback from the last thread. Still trying ta eat Fel's food! Ye gotta clean that backpack out, dear. There be something in there that pongs!

Grr, work in my way again. You're next dear, I promise. I'll write for you when I come home.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 05-07-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Replied! Ugh, I feel like I'm making Felicity too angry over little things right now. Like, throwing a pan over a little angst? Really? Writing angry characters is hard.

Your turn either way! Yvonne seems to be in a bad mood too so this should be interesting xD

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    The pan throw had me laughing my head off. I had a feeling if I remained quiet for a post she'd lose her marbles, haha.

Tag, ye be it!
    Last edited by Yvonne; 05-09-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.