Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Honestly, aside from the occasional hankering for something sweet, I'm never really hungry. Fat (the macronutrient) is literally satisfying and comprises most of your calorie source on keto, so you feel full all the time. In the rare occasions I need something sweet, I keep something sweet with a low glycemic index around and leave after a handful or so (usually raspberries or blueberries). It's important to identify what is actually happening there - when you take in something sweet, it spikes your bodies insulin release, which makes you crave sweets much, much more. Just as you can get sucked into a cycle of craving salt, sugar is just as bad. Glycemic index of foods lets you know what sweet tasting foods aren't very high for insulin release (berries) and which foods are brutal (Cheerios).

Halfway through today I finished a very hard run and bought a Powerade Zero at the gas station. Took a huge, huge pull from it and then found out to my HORROR I had drank normal, high-sugar Powerade. Not good. Tomorrow could be downright ugly.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Day 16 - (April 17th)
    Weight - 183.6 lbs

I'm sensing a bit of a two steps forward, one-step back pattern here with the ketosis diet. I get jealous / frustrated every day that I don't drive my weight down further, but big picture I'm trending pretty well. I was a little surprised I didn't lose more weight than I did yesterday, but was happy to still test in ketosis yesterday and today after my powerade debacle.

I'm considering mixing some more weight training into my routine. Typically every day I try to mix in a couple sets of pull-ups, a set or two of squats (50 squats, no weight), and do 100 pushups at night (not in one set!). Its not much, but it pumps some blood to the muscles and feels like it retains some reasonable functional strength. I'm thinking that since I can no longer run as far or as hard as I'd like to, I might as well mix in some strength work with the extra free time I can break off. Of course, muscle fatigue/water retention may submarine this cunning scheme, but I suppose it won't hurt to do a little bit and see what comes of it. I miss having biceps, after all.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Day 17 - (April 18th)
    Weight - 183.6 lbs

OK, this is getting pretty goddamned old. I feel fine, except when I run long (broken record is broken). I also ate a gigantic salad last night again. Healthy choice, zero carbs, plenty of fats - I'm hoping I just was retaining water this morning.

I'm not going to harp on this. It's only one day (again). Eating well so far today, feeling really good. Excited for my run.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Awkward question time in relation to water retention. Have you noticed you piss more or less on ketosis?

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    I haven't really noticed it much either way. I sweat -way- more when I work out. I -think- I was going less, but I drink more water to compensate for the dehydration which evens the slate. It's not a huge difference either way. Hydration is critical to monitor but if you know it's an issue, it's pretty easy to regulate.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Day 18 - (April 19th)
    Weight - 184.1 lbs

Well this isn't great. Not sure how I gained weight but my test shows me as being out of ketosis or at best just barely in ketosis. Hand to God, I have no idea how I fell out of this because I didn't have any cheat foods and have been eating very meticulously. Admittedly I think I've eaten a little too much of these foods in terms of total calorie consumption, but I haven't gone crazy in any way. Either way, I'm very frustrated by the stagnation I've seen in spite of some real discipline.

Sticking to it. Hoping to put my head down and forge ahead.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I think you've hit that "diet mid-point" where everything starts to look glum, but don't worry. I bet you in a few days time you'll have lost another significant portion.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Day 19 - (April 20th)
    Weight - 184.3 lbs

WHAT THE FUCK.

Good news, there's a ton of things I can still do:
    - Be much more vigilant on total calories consumed
    - Track all food to measure total macronutrients, rather than just ensuring I always stay under my carb ceiling
    - Really force hydration to a ridiculous degree, since water retention is a huge element and it may be slowing my metabolism
    - Keep my head down and continue plugging along.
    - Cut out alcohol altogether (including whiskey)

Seeing progress slip away while I'm trying to be very disciplined BLOWS, but I'll figure it out.
    Last edited by Storm Veritas; 04-24-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Day 23 - (April 24)
    Weight - 184.2 lbs

I'm pretty goddamned sick of weighing 184 lbs, if we're being totally honest. I've been very vigilant to stay in ketosis and have been successful in doing so, but my weight isn't doing anything. Conversely, I feel very strong; been knocking out tons of miles and faster interval runs, as well as lots of pushups, pull-ups and squats.

I don't know. I'm still feeling really strong so I'm going to stick with it, but the weight stagnation sucks.