Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human

Event Ideas

Let's hear your ideas. What events sound interesting to you? What ideas have you had, but never executed? What lore really drives you to post? Let's here what you've got.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    On a completely personal level, quest-based events that have a potential to directly influence canon are the only ones likely to get me out of bed. I finished the AC despite getting hit by a tidal wave of writer's block during the second round, and I wrote a (mostly) solo quest for your hunting event back in the fall that took me all of 16 days despite the fact I was simultaneously working on a number of other projects. I even came up with an idea for this kobold event which I may still find time to write out. Something like a war between two nations would probably pique my interest, especially if the event doesn't punish solo writers. As much as I like writing with other people, sometimes there just isn't time to collaborate with others, and some stories just need to be told from a single point of view.

Beyond that, you know I'm interested in hosting competitive events, but I won't go into detail here because those are still awaiting staff feedback.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    A 2-3 year long IC World War! War on a short period of time is good for economies, so a World War would bring places such as Raiaera out of their slump of being barely anything. It would stimulate production for all countries, and make the world of Althanas thrive almost everywhere. And come on, fighting is the best events.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    All the main ones I have I have introduced to some staff already, but one of them was the kobold month currently running.

Good idea for a thread, Lye.
    Last edited by Philomel; 04-11-2018 at 02:53 AM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Volcanic eruption at the centre of the world (Latitude 35, Longtitude -50). Salvar, Alerar and Raiaera deal with the crisis using their own particular methods. Temporary ceasefires, closing borders, trade embargos and unlikely cooperatives occur while resources are redirected to aid the peoples affected by encroaching lava flow and billowing, stifling smoke. Opportunity to send help to their neighbours arises, a choice for all three nations to make and respond to in their own way. Rising tensions and old hatreds stirred if help is not forthcoming. Calming of conflict if aid is received in a timely manner.

Hurricane leaves a trail of destruction in its wake throughout Scara Brae, Corone and eastern Raiaera. Flooding, rain and rising waters become a surprising threat, catching people off guard as homes and businesses are inundated. Bridges are destroyed and travel becomes too dangerous for a time, keeping people huddled inside any shelter they can find, isolating communities until help arrives through other means (magic or perhaps air transport). Rebuilding efforts encourage nations to seek help from their neighbours and allies, indebting them to other countries which were unaffected.

New product enters the market (through black market dealings or public marketplaces) which has obvious, noticeable benefits (say... heightened awareness, fatigue-resistance or temporary invisibility) making it very popular in a short amount of time. Unfortunately after weeks of prolonged use there are side-effects (loss of senses, insomnia, ethereality) which begin to arise from numerous people. This causes civil unrest in many cities and the banning of the product as nations attempt to control the issues, which leads to smugglers and black marketeers gaining profit from those addicted to the positive effects.

Wizards, witches and magic-users from all walks of life are mysteriously disappearing. There are rumours of abductions from beds in the middle of the night, spells that 'went wrong' during the casting which caused teleportation to somewhere unknown, and 'mind control' of mages as they strangely walked out on their duties. These talented individuals awaken to the realization they are on a grassy plain with fruit trees, some grazing animals and means to build a humble tribe. However, a massive metallic dome encapsulates them and keeps them in place. They must work together not only to survive scarce resources, bickering political battles and nightly threats, but also determine why they were brought here and discover a way home.

A discovery has been made deep in the Dheathain jungles of the new world, a 'holy grail' which, when brought back to the old world threatens to change everything. The balance of power is rocked and the current superpowers turn their attention to obtaining the object, each vying for the supremacy that controlling it will bring over the others. For a time it remains in the hands of adventurers but it is swiftly stolen, and in the wrong hands the grail will lead to a bloodbath of those nations who do not wield the power. This leads to an unusual, rag-tag alliance out of a sheer necessity for survival, banding together against the one nation that threatens to destroy them all.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 04-11-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
    On a completely personal level, quest-based events that have a potential to directly influence canon are the only ones likely to get me out of bed. I finished the AC despite getting hit by a tidal wave of writer's block during the second round, and I wrote a (mostly) solo quest for your hunting event back in the fall that took me all of 16 days despite the fact I was simultaneously working on a number of other projects. I even came up with an idea for this kobold event which I may still find time to write out. Something like a war between two nations would probably pique my interest, especially if the event doesn't punish solo writers. As much as I like writing with other people, sometimes there just isn't time to collaborate with others, and some stories just need to be told from a single point of view.

Beyond that, you know I'm interested in hosting competitive events, but I won't go into detail here because those are still awaiting staff feedback.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
    A 2-3 year long IC World War! War on a short period of time is good for economies, so a World War would bring places such as Raiaera out of their slump of being barely anything. It would stimulate production for all countries, and make the world of Althanas thrive almost everywhere. And come on, fighting is the best events.
    ..and this.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    In all seriousness, for a while I wanted to push the Powergroups to an all out conflict, vying for control over parts or the entirety of the countries of Althanas but canonised. Obviously PG's are back on the drawing board, for now, but I'd like to see some sort of future event involving them in some way.

EXP: 34,842, Level: 7
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 158
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 158

GP

Name
    Zack Blaze
    Shinsou, do you mean like when the Ixian Knights controlled most of Corone, or when Misery Business tried to take over Eiskalt?

(Amazing how a lot of these ideas are things I have done with the site at one point or another XD)

The LCC needs to return. That's one of the major tournaments that is typically good for the site.

Boss Battles also need a comeback, because Hysteria used to have some boss rewards for those things.

The Auction House. While I don't care if it's player run or staff run, it needs to return. MAde for some interesting IC interactions with people. (Just a note: I'd prefer it staff run)

Another PG war would also be good but that would require you guys get off your butts and do something about us having PGs again.

Althy League, but it needs to have a decent incentive. I think a good idea would be to not reward every fight but only specific score/criteria met ones. Dragon Ball Fighterz lets you collect the Dragon Balls after performing 7 different combo lengths, so I think having some hidden conditions known only to the judges (Did the players use some torches in a given setting to an advantage/disadvantage) gives one of the sought after pieces of the Althy league, for example.

These are a few ideas off the top of my head.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack Blaze View Post
    Shinsou, do you mean like when the Ixian Knights controlled most of Corone, or when Misery Business tried to take over Eiskalt?

(Amazing how a lot of these ideas are things I have done with the site at one point or another XD)

The LCC needs to return. That's one of the major tournaments that is typically good for the site.

Boss Battles also need a comeback, because Hysteria used to have some boss rewards for those things.

The Auction House. While I don't care if it's player run or staff run, it needs to return. MAde for some interesting IC interactions with people. (Just a note: I'd prefer it staff run)

Another PG war would also be good but that would require you guys get off your butts and do something about us having PGs again.

Althy League, but it needs to have a decent incentive. I think a good idea would be to not reward every fight but only specific score/criteria met ones. Dragon Ball Fighterz lets you collect the Dragon Balls after performing 7 different combo lengths, so I think having some hidden conditions known only to the judges (Did the players use some torches in a given setting to an advantage/disadvantage) gives one of the sought after pieces of the Althy league, for example.

These are a few ideas off the top of my head.
    The very same. I actually took inspiration from the IK scenario and tried to embark on a mission to usurp Corone for the Brotherhood but that was late-game 3.1 and the PG's were canned, so a rethink was required and the whole idea shelved.

I agree entirely on the LCC and boss battles. Both were exceptionally fun things to participate in, although I don't think the LCC was ever scrapped, just put into rotation.

Lye had an excellent PG concept laid out behind the scenes at the tail end of 3.1, and I would be all in favour of seeing that again under his guidance.

I also had another idea with regards to Team Vignettes (one post each) that i'll put up in full here later on.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Boss battles are pretty cool.

I like moded quests too
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.