Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    That's at least a rock.

Humid weather has hit Boston - nice heat helps loosen up all the muscles. When I was younger it drove me crazy because I'd sweat too much; now I relish in the heat because my old bones won't pull a muscle or break a goddamned hip.

Gonna take a crack at 6 again today.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    That's at least a rock.

Humid weather has hit Boston - nice heat helps loosen up all the muscles. When I was younger it drove me crazy because I'd sweat too much; now I relish in the heat because my old bones won't pull a muscle or break a goddamned hip.

Gonna take a crack at 6 again today.
    If this carries on, I'll have to enlist you into my five a side soccer team.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsou Vaan Osiris View Post
    If this carries on, I'll have to enlist you into my five a side soccer team.
    Don't laugh too hard. I played soccer as a kid, from 6-14. Had to stop because my body changed from "skinny kid" to "butterball". Worked for American football, not the international version. Now that I'm old and in some sort of shape, I can run again and would be... eh... marginally better than most average American adults, I guess.

Granted, I'd need at least 45 minutes to warm up or just cut my hamstrings NOW.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    Don't laugh too hard. I played soccer as a kid, from 6-14. Had to stop because my body changed from "skinny kid" to "butterball". Worked for American football, not the international version. Now that I'm old and in some sort of shape, I can run again and would be... eh... marginally better than most average American adults, I guess.

Granted, I'd need at least 45 minutes to warm up or just cut my hamstrings NOW.
    To be fair, most of my players need 45 days to warm up, so you'd be a significant improvement.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    For me it has been yoga, yoga yoga. I've worked my way up to doing about an hour of it a day, usually broken into two 30minute-ish practices. The issue right now is that my hips seem to be misaligned, and the more I work my lower body, the worse it seems to get. Because of that I've called a halt to most of my resistance training and running, sticking with medium and short distance walks and like I said... lots of yoga. I think I'll start adding in some upper body resistance training where I can.

Today I did two half hour yoga practices, about an hour long walk, and I've been fasting all day. I'm no longer so certain that fasting makes much of a difference in fat burning, but there do seem to be a number of physical and mental benefits to it. I've been doing 16 hour fasts daily, but today I bumped that up to 18 hours and I'm still feeling pretty good. It's actually really convenient to only have to eat once or twice a day within a certain window of time, and I really enjoy the meals I have this way. I'm actually ten minutes away from breakfast at the moment and rather looking forward to it.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Well, I said I was going to go for six miles. That didn't happen because I physically ran out of time. Instead, I did another interval run of 4.5 miles, with high pace for sixty seconds broken by sixty second jog recovery intervals. I was flying! In the humid weather my joints and muscles felt great, and I was averaging under 7:20 per mile for the whole pace. Really strong finish and glad I got it in.

This will be a tough weekend because my eldest daughter is getting her first communion, so we have a ton of shit to do around the house. I probably won't be able to run at all unless I'm on the street before 6AM, which is the plan. Blech.

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    An hour and a half of yoga today, and about the same amount of walking at a slightly brisk pace. Since I'm trying to avoid anything that'd make the muscles in my legs bigger, I figure I won't be gaining much overall mass, and because of that I've decided to see how fast I can lose ten pounds. This kind of a challenge is probably the only thing that will get me to kick sugar. Coincidentally, some of the research I'm doing is indicating that low intensity exercise in a fasted state is fantastic for fat loss. It will be interesting to see if this pans out. I last weighed in at 170 lbs, but that was awhile ago so I'll try to get my weight tomorrow. For now though I'm setting my target at 160. Consider me on the weight loss bandwagon!
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    What's the impetus for a drop from 170 to 160? If memory serves you're a fairly tall guy, so I'd expect 170 is pretty ideal.

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    All in the name of progress!

At 5'11" I'm definitely within an acceptable BMI range, but my body composition is still sub-optimal. When I was in the beset shape of my life, I weighed 155. Right now I'm probably carrying close to 10 lbs of fat on my stomach. I was just thinking about that while walking the other day, how much lighter I'd feel without it and how much better I'd be able to move. Plus, I'll be sexier. I wouldn't hate being able to see my abs again. But the big reasons, which I think I mentioned, are that I need the extra motivation to stop eating sugar, and I want to test out so-called cutting edge weight loss methods. Pretty much every night for the last week I've had the same conversation with myself:

"That sugar looks pretty good."
    "But I don't want sugar..."
    "YESSSSSS YOUUU DOOOO!"
    "But I..."
    "Why deny yourself the pleasure? It's not like you're trying to lose weight!"
    "Okay, fine..."

Having a weight loss goal should make me more committed to eating right. I also find exercise and nutrition science fascinating. A few years ago it was all about keto and high intensity interval training... now people are talking about low intensity exercise in a fasted state. I want to see if it actually works.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I'm 5'10" and 256 lbs so that puts it in perspective. Jesus.

Six weeks and hopefully 28lbs off. This time next year I'm hoping to be around 196lbs, which is really my ideal weight for my frame. Perhaps a solid 180.

Once (if) I hit 180lbs i'll be back doing Muay Thai, but no chance at my current weight.