Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Sunday, slow day. I felt a little burned out after doing an hour and a half of yoga yesterday, so today I just did a thirty minute practice and went for a few walks. I checked my weight after 20 hours of fasting and came in at 170 lbs again, which means I probably actually gained a bit of weight since the last time I checked. This gives me a good baseline to start working toward my goal. My plans for this week are:

-fast 18 hours per day
    -cut out sugar entirely
    -do at least 30 minutes of yoga a day
    -do at least 60 minutes of walking a day
    -Do 1-3 high intensity upper body workouts throughout the week

I think as long as I cut out the sugar, it'll be easy to stay at a slight caloric deficit and lose weight at a measurable rate. I'm doing some research on a different, more time-sensitive kind of time-restricted feeding, but I want to try my current method for awhile first. Fasting 16-18 hours a day (or 20 hours, like today) actually feels great to me. I don't really get hungry and I find it easier to stay focused on the task at hand. I think I'm going to devise a fitness test I can do to track my muscular endurance. It'll probably look something like this:

15min warmup

20 cocorinha squats
    2min rest
    95% Max set cocorinha squats (record result)

20 pushups
    2min rest
    95% Max set pushups (record result)

30s plank
    2min rest
    95% Max set situps (record result)

30s wall sit
    2min rest
    Max time wall sit (record result)

I may do this tomorrow in the middle of my "feeding window", and try to do it once a week to monitor changes in my strength and endurance.
    Last edited by Breaker; 05-06-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    5 Miles and a walk to pick up my kid from school today makes for a perfectly average workout day. Feeling great, diet is in control.

Tomorrow I leave for 8 days for work travel and then a quick family vacation. See you fifteen pounds! #fuck

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Thirty minutes of yoga today, and about an hour and a half of walking. The fasting still feels good, although I did have some hunger pangs early this morning. I had two really great meals during my eating window (including a venison sauce!) and feel fully satiated. No sugar so far, and no plans of having any. I ended up having a friend visit for the evening so my fitness test got moved to tomorrow night.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    First travel test this morning in my LGA connection. For my obnoxiously expensive breakfast, got an omelette served with golden brown potatoes. Proud to report I returned all (but one) of the potato squares! My $4 coffee is absolutely putrid; LGA really is just the worst.

Probably no run today. I land in Orlando at noon, and running in Orlando at noon in May is suicide.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Judgment day is here!

Today marks the start of a six week journey to lose 28 lbs (or as close to it as possible) and to get fit for football before my ultimate goal of reaching 182lbs. My friend is standing by as my personal trainer, and now all I have to do is stick to what he tells me to do!

I won't be doing daily weigh ins on here because that'll be ridiculous, but I will be checking in weekly to ensure I'm keeping tabs on myself between staff work and writing!

So, here goes.

Week 1 weigh in: 251.6 lbs

My starting weight is a depressing figure but I know I'll have that down soon enough. Today I've eaten porridge, a three egg mushroom omelette and I plan to have lightly spiced chicken breast with peppers, rice and mushrooms for dinner. I'm trying to significantly cut down my dairy intake, so drinking green tea instead of normal tea / coffee. I abhor bananas, but one an hour before my PT will give me energy I need.

I know that Jack is going to have me on the back foot tonight doing all sorts of mad shit, and having attended one of his sessions before I can guess that it'll be high-intensity excercises and that I'll resemble Gomer Pyle by 9pm.

Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Update:

I am dying.

Tonight's session consisted of:

3 minutes rowing
    10 lateral stretches with rubber band
    10 rotator stretches with rubber band

Then three sets of:

45 second shuttle runs, straight into 20 seconds of kettlebell swings and then 20 seconds of ball slams.

2 minute break.

2 sets of 20 seconds of battle rope, 15 seconds of kettle thrusts (right arm) and 15 seconds again (left arm).

Top with 3 sets of lateral flies and bicep curls.

I am so unfit but the burn feels amazing. You should see the diet plan I've been given......

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Oof, I would not have made it through such a workout. Nice job Shin.

Today I did a half hour of yoga and I walked hard in the sun for three hours. Not quite in a row, but close enough. My stomach is sore the way it got when I went to cross country events as a kid. I weighed in about halfway through the walking and came in at 167 lbs. I think most of that was water because I was a little dehydrated at the time, but it still feels like a kick in the right direction. I'll weigh in again in the next day or so to see what's up.

I had breakfast at 4pm; some grape tomatoes and a couple small bowls of rice pasta with venison sauce. Just before that, at the end of my fast, I did my little fitness test. I wouldn't really recommend resistance training while fasting to anyone, but I wanted to find out what I was capable of in that state. Here was my result:

Warmup: 10min shadow boxing, 5 min band exercsies
    Coco squats: 20, 30
    Pushups: 20, 25
    Plank: 30s, 45s
    Wall sit: 30s, 45s

I haven't really improved since the last time I did this workout, but I haven't been training for strength, so the important thing is I didn't go backwards. I will make it a goal to improve my results in all four exercises, however. I wasn't feeling satisfied by this, so I threw in twenty situps at the end.

Now I'm enjoying some scotch and perrier picked up on my journey and figuring out what to eat for dinner. I'm actually not that hungry... but I'm sure it will come.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Chelley
    Race
    Alaskan
    Day 2... my legs (quads in particular) are still whining at me over yesterday's workout. I'm doing the 21 day fix exercise program from Beachbody. Day 1 was a total body cardio, today was upper fix (so much shoulder work, I expect my shoulder's to be crying tomorrow as hard as my legs were today)

Starting weight: 166.6lbs
    Goal: 125-130lbs (a much healthier weight for my height and age of 61" and 34yrs)

The plan to cut back on excess carbs is doing well thus far. With tomorrow and Friday being paydays, I should be able to stock up on veggies. Yum!

Also: working out around a toddler is just hard mode. Little Man thought it was great that Mommy was on the floor and proceeded to pile his stacking rings on me while I was doing crunches and plop on my back while doing a plank (1 min) /pushups (think i got 14 in a minute, which is great for being the first time in forever!)!
    Last edited by Chelley; 05-08-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Good work, both of you! Chelly, I know how difficult it is having a little one running round scuppering everything but could be onto something there by involving them in the routine

I'm aching a little after last night but not as much as I'd expected. The way my schedule is laid out puts me (almost completely accidentally) on a one day on, one day off routine with training. I have another PT session tomorrow (happy fucking birthday to me ), 45 minutes of bootcamp on Saturday morning, an hour of football on Monday evening and then back on the PT on tuesday. Rinse and repeat for six weeks.

Weight this morning was 249.8 lbs. I expected that I'd lose a little, so i'm happy with that. The hard bit is to come when I hit the 200 lbs mark and things start slowing down, but I'll get there.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    In Florida. Ate much better than I typically do on travel, avoiding carbs still and having one michelob ultra (gross) and a few whiskeys. Great 5 mile run in mild temperatures with very high humidity this morning. Wrung my shirt over the railing in my hotel - sorry for the rain below!