Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Great work everyone, and thank you! Knowing I'm going to make this post helps me keep on track with my goals. I think I'll make Sunday my "weekly update" day, so this post may be longish.

Current Weight: 170 lbs. That's completely reasonable, one might say average, for a man of my age and height. I'd be fine with this going up or down by 5-10 pounds so long as my body composition improves. I'll make an effort to weigh myself once/twice per week, because this will help me track changes to my body composition (i.e. if I stay the same weight but tighten my belt by a notch, it will mean I've lost fat and gained muscle.)

Past Goals

Fitness Goals for This Weekend
    -Go for a short walk (minimum 10 minutes) at least once a day after a meal
    -Do at least one hill run prior to a meal
    -Perform some resistance exercises prior to a meal

Diet Goals for this Weekend
    -Stop eating refined sugar of any kind
    -Only eat between 12pm and 10pm
    I achieved all of my fitness and diet goals for the weekend! As predicted, not eating sugar was/is the hardest part. I'm actually cheating on it even now with a gluten free beer, but since weight loss isn't a goal I'm not worried about the extra carbs/calories. The best parts were the leisurely walks and the post workout endorphins, which seemed to last all day.

Goals for 4/23 - 4/27

Daily Fitness
    -Go for a short walk (minimum 15 minutes) after a meal
    -Do at least two hill runs prior to a meal
    -Perform some bodyweight exercises prior to a meal. Stretch and foam roll after

Daily Diet
    -Only eat between 12pm and 10pm
    -Don't eat sugar (my diet is otherwise quite restricted)
    -Try to eat "the right amount", not more or less

I'm turning things up, but only a tiny amount. I'm actually doing a longer fast tonight, from 8pm-12pm tomorrow, and that should help my body adapt to the new regimen. I've got a little bodyweight routine going which I'll most likely detail in shorter, daily posts. Even the small amount of exercise I've been doing has been enough to make me sore, and that encourages me to eat healthier. I did the most nutritious grocery shopping I've done in about a year today!

It'll probably be 2-4 weeks before I'm ready (or even close to ready) to go to the MMA gym. In the meantime, I'm really thankful for YouTube, as it gives me the ability to study the arts I love almost endlessly. I was watching Coach Zahabi's jiu-jitsu videos when I stumbled on the inspirational one posted above. I guess I should wrap this post up now before it also becomes endless :P

Train on!
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Exhausting day, but I found time for a workout and made some healthy food, which should help me stay off sugar. I find my body functions completely differently when it doesn't contain or crave sugar, but it'll take a week or two of dealing with the cravings before I get there.

I accomplished all my fitness and diet goals today! I ate vega one, chicken breast, salad, and fries.

For my workout I did the (rather gentle) bodyweight set I'm starting with:
    -10 minute movement and resistance band warmup
    -4 hill sprints
    -20 cocorinha squats
    -20 pushups
    -30 second forearm plank
    -30 second wall sit
    -Foam rolling and yoga

It's not a lot, but it's more than enough to get my body sweating, break my anaerobic threshold, and deliver a healthy dose of endorphins. In keeping with the lessons I'm learning the more I research the psychology of building healthy habits, I'm focusing on exercising consistently every day rather than making maximum gainz. It feels good to be moving again.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    On my run yesterday I worked interval sprints in. Basically my modified intervals consist of me running HARD for three telephone poles and then a lighter jog for three poles. Although you look like a complete dickhead doing this, it's a hell of a workout. On the net, I found my average pace per mile was significantly quicker than normal (7:20), which tells me I need to warm up better and push a little harder in my daily runs.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Missed the last two weigh ins, so will resume service tomorrow, but been feeling good the last couple of days. The knee is feeling a lot more flexible, and I haven't been shovelling endless pies into my face. All positive!

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    4/25: Did the same workout as the previous day, and stuck to my diet.

4/26: I allowed a little sugar to creep into my diet last night. Staying off of it is pretty much still a pure function of willpower, but I now don't have any sugar left in my cupboard, so that should be a little easier. I modified my workout a little bit yesterday because it was pouring rain, so I did some shadowboxing inside instead of my hill runs, and then added a set of thrusters at the end of the workout, before my yoga.

Today I feel pretty okay! A little tired from not getting quite enough sleep, a little sore from the exercise, and a little drained probably from eating sugar last night... but not bad. I've now gone six days in a row exercising every day. Today will be day seven, which puts me one third of the way to 21, which is apparently the magic number of days wherein it'll become a habit. I'm looking forward to that, as exercise still takes a fairly massive emotional effort.
    Last edited by Breaker; 04-26-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    It's all gone a bit to hell for me. I haven't weighed myself in a few days but I think it's best to get Krakow out of the way before I start any serious dieting. Come tuesday next week, I'll be on it.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    I can't tell if Keto is failing me or not. I'm certainly not losing any weight, but I must confess I feel fantastic. My running has completely rebounded, my strength is really good, and my hunger is very manageable except for 3 PM when I want to eat an entire barn full of animals. I'm thinking I may come off it a little to reincorporate small amounts of fruit, but otherwise stay pretty much on.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    I can't tell if Keto is failing me or not. I'm certainly not losing any weight, but I must confess I feel fantastic. My running has completely rebounded, my strength is really good, and my hunger is very manageable except for 3 PM when I want to eat an entire barn full of animals. I'm thinking I may come off it a little to reincorporate small amounts of fruit, but otherwise stay pretty much on.
    It depends what you want from the diet I suppose; if it's purely weight loss then I can understand you being frustrated but it seems to be helping in other areas!

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Shin: We're here to support you pal, you and I are both going to get back to our marital arts.

Storm, my first guess would be that your weight isn't changing because you're gaining muscle as you lose fat. Have you noticed changes in body composition? If you started eating more protein when you went keto, that would make sense to me. If you're really determined to lose weight reliably and rapidly, you may need to take a closer look at calories in vs calories out. I'm glad you're feeling so good, you're an inspiration!

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
    Shin: We're here to support you pal, you and I are both going to get back to our marital arts.
    We talking sex here, or just learning to say "yes, honey" all the time?

Thanks for the words. I haven't felt a significant change in body composition, but my shirts feel a little better. The improvement is equitable with the 8-9 lb loss I've experienced, so it's hard to say I've gained muscle per se. If I -am- burning some fat and gaining muscle while not noticing it, then I'd take that in a heartbeat. I can start tracking BF% on my scale to see if there's anything going on there. I'm not sure those measurements are worth a damn (particularly since I don't understand how they measure body fat; some electrical impulse/resistance type situation?), but it won't hurt.