Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Beh. I ate sugar last night (only because I ran out of healthy calories) and today I feel pretty gross. I must make sure to have good foods in the fridge at all times so this doesn't happen again.

Everything else is on track - yoga, walking, overall diet, intermittent fasting all good.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Still traveling. Have been eating very, very little because there simply aren't many options for carb-free food. Also went out with the team last night and got WASTED on whiskey.

I was in a bad, dark, painful place with no glucose to metabolize the alcohol. Felt like I got kicked by a mule.

Didn't run this morning, but plan to tonight when it cools down a little. Pray for me.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Just done the most painful but physically rewarding PT session I've ever done tonight.

On tuesday I jarred my back slightly but it made every movement painful. My PT helped me with a little physio before the session and tailored it to my injury, but god damn it was difficult.

Session consisted of:

2000m rowing with 20s full power, 10s rest interval training on a hard setting.

Shuttle runs in a boxing ring from corner to corner in a Z pattern, 30s on, 10s rest. 5 sets, then a further 3 after a 2 minute break.The floor (being cushioned) helped the injury as it was low impact but still felt it.

Stretches on the pullup bar to help stretch out the affected muscles.

It was a well managed session but I'm feeling it. Resting tonight and tomorrow before going back to bootcamp on Saturday morning for high intensity cardio.

Weight this morning was 248.3 lbs, so lost 3 lbs since Tuesday and I suspect after tonight there will be a result at tomorrow's weigh in.

Happy days.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Great job Shin, keep it up!

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    Great job Shin, keep it up!
    Thanks man. How did the run go?

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Great job to both of you!

I had a pretty typical day. About an hour of walking, about twenty minutes of yoga. I weighed in today at 165.5 lbs, so despite my continued issues with sugar the trend is going in the right direction. I haven't had any sugar today though, and I'm not going to. I'm actually stuffed.

For breakfast at 4pm I had a banana, an avocado, and a serving of jasmine rice with a massive salmon portion. Between meals I had some chia seeds with water, and then for dinner, my recent dietary staple; venison tomato sauce over rice pasta. Right now I'm sipping scotch and soda, and when that's done I'll have some vega one and then call it a night. I've been working on getting as much sleep as possible.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Weighed in this morning at 246.8, which brings my total weight loss since I started on Tuesday to 5lbs. Five days, five pounds. I'm reasonably happy with a pound a day off the body as that will put me at a half stone off at the end of the week. Assuming that kind of steady rate, I can predict perhaps 35 lbs off by June 19th, which is 7 more than target.

I didn't make it to bootcamp this morning but did manage to just finish a makeshift PT session off my own back at the gym. Whilst I'm sure I burned a few calories, it wasn't as intense as my PT with Jack and I feel I went too easy on myself. It's hard to be motivated to push that extra mile or do that extra set when you don't have a six foot monster screaming encouragement at you, but at least I got out and did something.

Consisting of:

6 sets of 20s on, 10s off high intensity rowing
    10x 15kg Kettlebell "shotput" lift on each arm
    20 ball slams
    20 situps
    3 sets of 30kg bench press at 5 reps per set
    10 leg curls at 15kg
    10 mins cooldown on bike

It looks a lot but it isn't, especially as I wasn't putting the same level of intensity in as I would with Jack. However, I at least did something and my next hour of exercise is an hour of football on Monday night before I hit PT again on Tuesday.

Food wise, I have been sticking to an extremely strict diet. An example is today's catering: Breakfast is greek yoghurt with oats (protein and carbs), with mushrooms. Lunch tends to be 185g of rice (carbs), a seasoned chicken breast (protein) and mixed peppers and mushrooms. Dinner is cod (protein), green beans and 60g of mixed almonds and pistaccios for the fat I need. No carbs at all after 1pm and I genuinely feel amazing for it, although I do suffer sugar withdrawal like a heroin addict. Last night at 9pm I was shaking like a fucking leaf!
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 05-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    For the first twenty one days, showing up is really all that matters. And you more than showed up! Nice work mate.

I didn't weigh in today, but I've been wearing my cloth belt (no notches) for a few days, and when I put my leather belt on today it naturally went almost a full notch tighter. That's the kind of progress I'm really looking for, the weight is just a number.

Today while fasting I walked for ninety minutes and then did a half hour of yoga.

For breakfast I had a banana and my good ol' venison sauce on rice pasta. About three hours later I did a ten minute warmup and then a few sets of pushups and situps, just to keep my upper body working. For dinner I had another banana and a MASSIVE bowl of salad with tuna and avocado. Now... you guessed it... scotch time. Vega one later on.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Runs have been slow and lumbering, since I've been getting 15,000-20,000 steps/day while on vacation. Managed to stay on a keto-based diet even with all this. Body is very sore; hard to stay hydrated when water is $4/bottle and I'm buying water for four. Running at hotel #2 sucks (different one for family vacation; it's more of a resort) because there is no sidewalk so I'm running more or less on a highway.

Feet are fucking sore. No actual problems, just hurting. Gonna power through this.

Ride The Lightning

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Last night I took the bride out for a big Mother's Day Dinner at Disney World. We ate great, and even had dessert - the first conscious consumption of carbs in 2+ months. It was -incredible-, but I was swept by a wave of guilt.

Woke up to run hard in obscene Florida humidity. 20k+ steps on the tracker today. Wiped out completely. Tomorrow we walk the Magic Kingdom - taking my first day off from running in an age. Thanks be to god!