EXP required for next Level: 2,705

GP

Name
    Hanuh Lulia Icebreaker-Tabor Toivonen
    Race
    Mostly human with some elf

View Profile
    Brown eyes hazily blinked open.

The brown blankets and tan pillows were the most wonderful things.

On her stomach, arms under the pillows, she moaned as she slowly rolled onto her side. Blond, wavy hair was incredibly messy and tangled. She lifted a slightly numbed hand and pulled some strands from her face, groggy.

“M-Monte?” She moaned, her vision still blurred, “Where are-…”

She pushed herself up, mounds of blankets falling from her chest. She looked down… No wonder she was so uncomfortable. The blue gamberson was on her chest. The padded armor was insulating and hot. She felt the horrid sweat trickling down her back. She was burning. She reached up, rubbing her eyes, “Uncle?”

Then – she remembered.

She was approximately twelve years in the past, never to return home.

Her cousins were just newborns right now.

She sternly shook her head, hair still shaking in her face. She barely could remember the physical appearance of the New Elf, yet she did remember her kindness. She was lucky to travel just to the right time, right place, for her to find her.

Hanuh no longer felt her head throbbing. Only tiredness, not the brutal exhaustion, remained. She smacked her chapped lips, mouth feeling dry and dead.

She looked over to the end table.

She hastily took the water, drinking the cup dry in seconds.

She placed the cup next to the food, not ready to eat yet. Feeling zero appetite whatsoever, she leaned back. Her head rested against the wall, knees pulled up and arms wrapped around them, as she waited for energy to return.
    ~ Songs of Hanuh ~

"Set my world on fire
    Cause I want to watch it burn"
    - Glasslands, Deadman.

Althanian

EXP: 5,050, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,950
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    A dark cave, stalactites dripping water like a leaking pipe, and the overwhelming scent of death. A word of caution from the darkly skinned imp and shuffling feet approaching an instrument of horror. Then nothing, just black. A void of emptiness that dominated everything.

She was replaying it in her dreams again. Sleep had been nearly impossible the past few hours, unable to pull herself from the terrors of yesterday. Yvonne had asked that the two meet back up soon but Lilly needed some alone time. Until, of course, this youth fell into her lap. Maybe it was a good thing, a distraction could be nice. At the very least the girl’s awakening served to stir the drow from her nightmare.

Jolting back to consciousness Lilly’s brow was damp from sweat. “No!” she cried out, only semi-lucid from the haze of her nightmare.

Realizing where she was, that it was just a dream, the elf rose to her feet. Quickly she issued an apology to the young girl, “s-sorry about that. Was a foul dream. I hope I didn’t startle you.”

Periwinkle eyes floated around the room, surveying every notch in the wooden walls and curvature of the sandy colored bed where Hanuh sat. She was curled into a ball, likely still recovering from whatever ill circumstances had befallen her. Glancing at the end table the dark elf noted that the food hadn’t been touched but the glass of water was left without a single drop.

“Would you like for me to grab you more water?” she inquired. Not wanting to pry too much about what had transpired the young woman tread carefully, “do you know where your parents might be? Or a relative I could track down for you?”

Hopefully the girl could at least remember a name. A street address. Anything that Lilthis could use to get her some proper care. Truth be told, she was uncertain if she herself were capable of helping the young one much further.

Adventurer

EXP: 2,295, Level: 2
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 2,705
    Level completed: 10%,

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Suddenly, Hanuh realized someone was talking to her.

"... where your parents might be? Or a relative I could track down for you?”

Hanuh turned hazily to see the new elf speaking to her. Her body language was tense and startled. Sweat dripped from her head, eyes wide, as she attempted to regain composure. Hanuh felt the waves of this nervousness ripple out, affecting her. The girl wiped her forehead, shaking a bit.

“Wh-why are you ner-vious?”

Then, she dismissed her own question. She shook her head, remembering her task. Lilthis had just asked the most opportune of questions. Hanuh could easily turn this in her favor. She bluntly shoved it aside, kicking off her blankets, “Never mind that.”

She knew it was probably a bad idea to stand, thus she meagerly slung her legs instead. She hung her legs off the side of the bed, boots still on her feet. She glared down at the dark oak floorboards, gripping the sheets.

“Toivonen.” She replied as clearly, with intent, as possible, “My family is Toivonen.”

She was obviously still nervous from Lilthis’ jerky behavior. She gripped the sheets tightly, hanging on for dear life. Yet, she mentally pushed through her anxiousness. She had a mission. She had a goal. No matter what concerned the dark elf's mind, nothing could stop Hanuh Toivonen.
    ~ Songs of Hanuh ~

"Set my world on fire
    - Glasslands, Deadman.

Althanian

EXP: 5,050, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,950
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    This girl was clearly disoriented. And paranoid. Lilly had to be the farthest from threatening that anyone could be. Yet here this gal sat, petrified of by the dark elf’s outburst. Then again, she hadn’t gazed into a mirror for quite awhile. The slate elf felt the sweat pool on her brow. A faint scent of body odor evidence that the woman likely could use some freshening up.

As the girl before her seemed to calm, kicking legs to hang from her resting place, the youth finally provided a name. The young one was clearly still concerned, but Lilly had a name now. That was enough. Hanuh still grasped tightly unto her bedsheets.

“Sorry, it’s been a tough day or two,” she clarified before explaining further, “you don’t have anything to worry about. I’m not going to harm you.”

Lilthis hoped her reassurance could help to settle the young girl’s nerves. Hanuh did not seem to be in a state that would allow much emotional devotion to stress right now. It would prove useful to them both if the teen focused on recovery rather than concern.

Crossing her arms, partially to shield the stench, the drow stated, “Toivonen? Do they live in Stonevale? I can help get you back to your family.”

Lilly cracked a smile for the younger girl, “it’d be nice to sleep in your own bed, right?”

Adventurer

EXP: 2,295, Level: 2
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 2,705
    Level completed: 10%,

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    This time, the questions got to her more clearly.

The girl shook her head. She had a mission. She must complete it.

This meant getting to him.

She pushed herself off the bed. The floorboards beneath groaned as she attempted to regain her long lost composure. She pushed her hair behind her head, attempting to neaten it the best she could without a mirror. Sweat still dripped down her, but her anxieties were dying down. She lowered one hand, pulled another fist towards her lips and cleared her throat. Expertly, she placed her hands behind her back. Still feeling queasy, just trying to hide it, she spoke in a proper yet slurred tone.

"Y-yes. Thank you, ma'am. I apologize for overreacting." I tend to do that a lot... "My family does indeed live in Scara Brae, although not in Stonevale." She did not even realize that in her dazed state, she leaned against the bed again. She focused of watching the drow's face as she spoke. "They live in Oakwood. Have you heard of it?"

No, I do not have a bed to go back to... Her thoughts were sadly grim, realizing how she had no home in this time. She was a meager wanderer, a traveler. She came to fix a problem before it spun out of control, yet she would be left with... nothing. For the first time, the reality of never returning hit her.

Her thoughts became timid and nervous. Like a puppy, she whimpered, pulling a hand to her chin and biting her nails.
    ~ Songs of Hanuh ~

"Set my world on fire
    - Glasslands, Deadman.