Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    While you may have spotted me lurking around the boards earlier today, Yvonne, I didn't have an opportunity to address your post. Shinsou evidently did, and was proactive enough to step in and relate the relevant information. Since you're so concerned about efficiency, I'm sure you can appreciate that he didn't want you to wait.

As much as I'd enjoy writing with you, I can't take your deal because you are in complete control of how soon your profile gets approved. If you make some of the changes we discussed, you'll be on the fast track to level 2 approval. If you choose to wait until you're level 3 to make the changes, we can work from there at that time. Getting approved at level 3 right now is not an option.

The Althanas Staff is always accepting applications, so feel free to fire one off if the mood moves you. We've actually been searching high and low for someone who chucks snide remarks and underhanded insults at us. Given your remarkable skill set, I'm sure you can predict what will happen if that kind of behavior continues .

Regardless, let me know when you've made some of those changes, and we'll proceed.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Sorry Shinsou, I can get a little irritable when I'm starving. Hangry is a thing.

Hmmm.

Declining my bet tells me a lot about you dear. Breaker is adverse to a momentarily humbling. Interesting. Perhaps as we ascend toward greatness the little people below become harder and harder to see. What kind of person has he become? Are you content with where you find your demigod? How far beneath him is humility now? Wouldn't he enjoy one last taste of humanity before he ascends into godhood and the never ending?

Never mind. I'm happy to wait until level 3 for approval. It's a trivial distinction and makes little difference. I guess I understand the stances of you two, but I have no interest in bashing skulls in The Citadel. It's not for me. My threads are about etiquette at the dinner table and avoiding hostilities with diplomatic dialogue. Power level shouldn't be an issue any time soon.

Like I said earlier, I'll split the magic up into like 10 pieces and lock most of it. It's just more opportunity for gradual, well thought through character progression. A little time good sirs and I'll have it sorted, probably this weekend.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Sorry Shinsou, I can get a little irritable when I'm starving. Hangry is a thing.

Hmmm.

Declining my bet tells me a lot about you dear. Breaker is adverse to a momentarily humbling. Interesting. Perhaps as we ascend toward greatness the little people below become harder and harder to see. What kind of person has he become? Are you content with where you find your demigod? How far beneath him is humility now? Wouldn't he enjoy one last taste of humanity before he ascends into godhood and the never ending?

Never mind. I'm happy to wait until level 3 for approval. It's a trivial distinction and makes little difference. I guess I understand the stances of you two, but I have no interest in bashing skulls in The Citadel. It's not for me. My threads are about etiquette at the dinner table and avoiding hostilities with diplomatic dialogue. Power level shouldn't be an issue any time soon.

Like I said earlier, I'll split the magic up into like 10 pieces and lock most of it. It's just more opportunity for gradual, well thought through character progression. A little time good sirs and I'll have it sorted, probably this weekend.
    If you keep antagonising Breaker, me or any of the other staff with baiting comments like "Declining my bet tells me a lot about you dear. Breaker is adverse to a momentarily humbling" then we're going to have problems. He is acting within the rules, as you should be doing, and enforcing them. If this is some very odd attempt at staying "in character", this is an OOC thread so please treat it as such. Last warning on both counts.

Back to the profile, whether your intention is to use the skills in the Citadel or not, it doesn't matter. We have rules in place and we have to approve all profiles within the same criteria. Some people choose to label skills "not for use in the Citadel", then the ability is marked and likely gets some leeway. I'm sure you and Breaker can discuss that. But simply saying four or five posts in is no good to us; if it isn't for use in the Citadel, mark it as such to give us clarity and the whole process becomes waayyyy easier.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 05-18-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    My god, this thread has spun out of control. Oi. Yvonne has a personality type close to my own, and I've too offended when intention wasn't personally there. Can we please calm down? Bottom line is it's easier to think of Althanas as a creative writing RPG-like video game, and just like that, certain levels are allowed certain things. Period.

This thread is going somewhere it shouldn't be going due to personality clashing.

Yvonne will do what she needs to do, and Breaker is more than capable to handle this. Learning is the key for us all.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    He is acting within the rules, as you should be doing, and enforcing them. If this is some very odd attempt at staying "in character", this is an OOC thread so please treat it as such.
    Which rule have I currently broken?
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    xD Stop beating on our lovable pit bull, Yvonne. He certainly means well and protects us all, as you may now see. Shin is awesome. Just focus on Breaker please. You and Shin would word spar for years if the opportunity was there.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Oh my, you were challenging me to a bet? Well then I suppose I'm compelled to do as you say.

Since Yvonne isn't interested in getting approved at this level, this thread is closed. Feel free to re-post when you're looking to get a character approved.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."