Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Elthas listened to her response....Did I say something I should not have...? He sighed. Before he could say anything else, Drathis spoke again.

Drathis looked at his brother, and then towards Lilly. "Elthas, last time we met Father he called off his followers so that we might not be killed. You cut him anyway. I think father was trying to spare us a really terrible fate." Drathis continued. "There's something else, they have been making repairs to the fort and modifications." Drathis rubbed his chin, deep in thought. "We got lucky last time, but I don't think we will be lucky again. Though this is ultimately up to you." Drathis cared about Elthas a lot and he was trying to ensure that he talked some sense into him.

Elthas considered the words very carefully. He sighed. "Regardless, it's getting late in the day anyway." Elthas said calmly. "If I head out, I intend to head alone. I don't want to involve anybody else more than necessary. Last time there was too many of us and father turned out to be a traitor. He didn't need our help at all." Elthas would talk some sense into his father if he could, but he knew that the older Elf had chosen his own fate.

Elthas shook his head. "Regardless, there's not much we can do today and I have to study the maps and effects anyway. Maybe I can find father and talk to him alone." Elthas was conflicted, he did not know what to do at all. He hoped that the answers would come to him before a decision would be made. He just wanted his father back with them...but he had made his choice hadn't he? Elthas looked towards Lilly. "Sorry for involving you in this family mess. You've been very patient with us this entire time. What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Elthas asked. He didn't ever want to be rude to her. He was trying to include her in everything despite the cultural differences. He really did not mind...he liked having her nearby.
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

EXP: 5,050, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,950
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    The sun was shifting towards the edge of the horizon now as sunlight’s glimmer started to fade out. Likewise, happiness itself seemed as if it were fading from Elthas. As he spoke to his brother, in this village surrounded by family, he was adamant about handling his dispute with his father by himself. It felt a bit sad, though far too often those who seemed to be surrounded by those who cared were the most alone. She did not know the details but could tell it was personal. A rather lonely endeavor indeed.

But she could not stay here to see how it played out. The dark skinned prodigy needed to continue on, finish conducting her studies on the varieties of magic and arcane objects. There was little she could do to help further. Although, maybe, there was one possibility...

Elthas asked what she wished to do and her mind went back to its original hypothesis. A trap, no need to kill one’s own supposed caregiver if you could entrap him. Thin lips opened to form the words, “I want to help you in creating a snare.” Running a slender hand into her sack she retrieved her quill and parchment. “I can jot down the instructions, show you how it would function,” the tinkerer imparted.

Her mind already memorized the design. A thin rounded rope, activated by trip wire, intended to entrap prey. It likely would not function as precisely on a full bodied elf but it could buy time to wrap the victim in tighter bindings, if Elthas chose to use her idea.

This was normally how she operated. There were some who could give themselves unto a religion, a lover, or a cause. She had to set goals. To distract, to avoid her from thoughts of family, of back home. Right now her goal was to leave Corone and pursue rumors of a necromantic staff. But, at this very moment, her goal was to assist the tree elf with his problem. She did not know why she felt compelled to do so, but her compulsion pushed her onward.

Scribbling on the parchment she explained, “see, you tie the rope like this.” Drawing the circle she continued the line outwards to two bracing tree trunks. “You’ll then need to set up the trip wire as such... hey, are you paying attention?”

Her time with the tree elves was enjoyable enough. Though she were leaving Lilthis was certain that their paths would cross again. Maybe she would get to ask Elthas if he had used her snare.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    In his simple mind, Lilly had become more than ally.

No...Lilly was a friend.

He watched her put together the contraption she called a "snare". Elthas knew very little about how engineering worked and her explanations were quite precise. He paid attention as best as he could, but the more complex portions of the contraption flew right by him. He was not an idiot by any stretch of the imagination, but he was not versed in complex technological items was all. Elthas admired her handicraft as she worked to put together the snare. It was interesting to him seeing the woman work with her hands. That's a nifty skill set to have. I wonder if all Alereans work like that..? Elthas recalled thinking that while she worked.

When the time had come that Lilly had to part ways with Elthas and his family, the fellow knew he'd made a friend. In the dangerous times that those were, friends would become very very important down the road for coming battles. When Lilly took her leave, Elthas watched her walk off into the sunset, he tipped his fedora towards her as she walked off. Drathis noticed that and walked up towards him. Elthas had a small smile on his face as he watched his friend walk off to her next adventure. We will meet again...someday.

"You like her. Don't you..?" Drathis suddenly asked.

It was a warm afternoon that day when Lilly ventured back towards Concordia Forest on her own. Elthas looked up and saw the blue sky. For some reason a thought entered his mind. What if there were no more skies like today...? The thought echoed in his mind. Perhaps a foreshadowing of things to come. The question lingered in the air for a moment or two between Elthas and his brother. Elthas looked at Drathis for a moment. "She's a friend, Drathis."

Drathis grinned at that point, and ran his hand through his hair. "You like her though." Drathis repeated. "I can see it in your eyes, Elthas."

"Drathis...if I did it can't be addressed until another time. Either way, having a friend is a good thing is it not? Why do you think I have to be romantically inclined to liking every female we come across?" Elthas asked.

"It's just...you have not had a mate since Hilda Terrentius." Drathis knew speaking that name was still a sore spot for Elthas.

"That was a long time ago. Not that it matters anyway...she's gone now." Elthas never really liked talking about the past, especially about her...about Hilda. Elthas looked at his brother. "Tomorrow I will seek council with the village elders." Elthas suddenly said.

"The dreams are getting worse are they not?" Drathis asked.

"I don't understand it. But Elder Xu believes that The Great Tree has chosen me for some great purpose. I don't know about all that. But I do know the nightmares are getting worse." Elthas frowned at that point. "I've been dreaming about father."

"You've told me that a few times. Been happening since last we met him, yes?" Dtahis asked.

Elthas could only nod.

"Yeah...I know very little about those daft magical arts. The Elders would better advise you than I could. But I am certain all these matters are happening for a reason. If Elder Xu thinks that you have been chosen, perhaps there is some stock in that." Drathis said.

"...I don't feel like a prophet though." Elthas said carefully.

"Perhaps. But you do have the gift of foresight now. Use it wisely, Elder Xu will be able to instruct you better besides. Anyway, Elthas let's go find something to do. Standing around discussing such philosophical matters is hurting my head." Drathis tapped the side of his skull for emphasis.

Elthas chuckled at that. "Fair enough my brother. The day is young yet. Let's see what adventures are to be had today." Elthas said calmly and the two walked off into the depths of the forest elf town...

Elthas' thoughts were on his recurring nightmares and the fact that they were getting worse. If something was not done soon, Elthas was afraid he would go insane...

~FIN~
    Forest Childe...

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Elthas receives 1355 EXP, 135 GP and a simple snare made for him by Lilthis!

Lilthis receives 1145 EXP and 145 GP!

Quote Originally Posted by Shin
    ***Note: Although a "series bonus" was requested, this has been put on hold due to the fact this is only the first thread in the series. Once the second thread has been submitted we will then look at any continuity bonuses.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    All rewards added!