EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile

Of Forest Elves and Humes. (Humans)

(Solo/conditionally Open to one or two others. Contact me BEFORE posting here for this project.)

The Past...

"It is time." A voice called out to the gathered. Xu Bellaparte looked much younger those days, full of hope and promise. He looked at the healers and medics, the pregnancy had gone on well through the night when the Mother, Ellysia Bellthasar had gone into labor. Her husband, Halm Bellthasar...a Hero of great repute stood by her side the entire time. Healers worked the arcane arts to ensure that Ellysia made it through the intensive labor process. She'd broken her water several hours earlier. Friends and family of the Bellthasar clan watched the on going events. Xu worked his own power to strengthen Ellysia whilst she faced her trial.

Halm remained silent the entire time providing a sense of comfort to the gathered. Halm was a Hero in accordance to the laws that bound his people and that bound Corone herself. Sweat trickled down his handsome face, but he made sure he would be there for the birth of his Son. Halm stood by her side every step of the way. One of the meidcs walked over towards Halm.

"You need food. Halm. It has been two days since last you ate." The medic said with notable concern.

Halm looked her calmly. "I will eat when my Son enters this world." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Until then, so long as my wife suffers, I will be by her side. Without complaint." Halm said, he meant that too. He was an Elf who spoke with powerful meaning. He'd earned a reputation for himself as being a stalwart leader, and Hero of his people. But there was more to the story.

"What is the name of the child, have you two picked one yet?" The medic asked.

"Elthas." Halm responded, and was confident that it was a good, proud name for one of his people.

"A handsome name." The medic responded.

A few hours later, Elthas rested in the arms of his Mother and Father, it was a traumatic experience, but Elthas and the Mother both survived attesting to the endurance of Clan Bellthasar.

That was twenty years ago by Elven reckoning. Elthas paced back and forth outside of the House of Clan Bellthasar, eagerly awaiting the news. The mail carrier arrived right on the eight hour of the morning, as was the standard routine. The mail carrier was a Hume, a man of Corone. He had a stern face but kind eyes. He stepped off the horse that carried him when he arrived at House Bellthasar. "Ah, my boy. Ya're always here when I arrive." He had a rough accent, thick with Radasanthian flare.

"Do you have it?" Elthas tipped his fedora to the fellow, he'd become fast friends with him.

"Aye, the parcel ya requested is here." The mail carrier walked towards Elthas and handed him a package. "How is your Father these days?" The man asked out of the blue.

Elthas hesitated. "...Do not speak of him." Elthas suddenly said. "That man is dead to me." Elthas felt his eye twitch in a momentary anger. But he cooled himself down, the man before him was not to blame for the actions of his Father...Halm had taught him to protect the innocent always. Clan Bellthasar upheld the code of the Hero, and following that Code was more important than ever. "But forgive me, I speak of personal matters."'

"Ya lot are daft sometimes...but family is family. Ya don't have to explain." The mail carrier nodded towards Elthas. "Ya're a good boy, there are many evils in this world. I hope that whatever it is ya are getting into won't be your undoing." The man, shook Elthas's hand firmly. "Be careful lad, many dangers in Corone these days." And he walked off to finish delivering the mail for the rest of the town.

Elthas frowned a bit, but he knew the odd mail carrier was correct. "I have to prepare for the coming storm." Elthas looked at the wrapped parcel in his hands. It would be the key to locating his Father...and ultimately undoing him. "If that man is still out there, I have to prepare and only he can help me defeat Father." Etlhas thought out loud. He turned back towards Bellthasar House and began to walk back to it.

There was storm brewing...
    Last edited by Elthas; 05-18-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

EXP: 5,050, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,950
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    Traveling with The Vestige proved to come with certain advantages. Lilly never had to think about where to go next, she would have others to converse with, and she did not have to concern herself with ensuring she was carrying ample supplies. However, traveling alone came with other unique advantages. The Vestige mostly stuck to Raiaera, believing that the rest of Althanas faltered in comparison to the magic of the High Elven home. Now, freed from the rules of their order, Lilly could finally see Concordia.

A supposedly luscious forest filled with life, historical ruins, and likely some forms of magic. If she encountered the arcane here she had come prepared to look but not touch. If the mysteries of magecraft eluded her on this journey that was ok too... the young woman severely needed a bit of sightseeing. The Vestige never took vacations.

Dirt was trampled under the dark elf’s boots as the aromas of pollen and tree sap filled the humid air. Vibrant shades of greenery dotted the horizon, a reminder of the might of the Concordian trees. Noisily surrounding the Alerian elf was the song of birds and the buzzing of insects. She continued along the paths as she was instructed when she stepped foot upon the soil of Corone. “Don’t stray from the path,” was the warning issued.

This would be much more pleasant with a few less bugs and some cooler weather, the young woman thought as she wiped a tinge of sweat from her forehead.

Opening a compartment on her gauntlet she shot a quick glance at the compass housed near her left wrist. She was still heading due west, as intended, a bit off center of the rising sun. Her eyes moved over slightly to view the watch she built, informing her it was late morning. As she tinkered with her device thoughts distracted the young elf. Where would she go after this? Should she continue with her study of magic or pursue a safer area of study? Come what may.

Lilly’s thoughts were interrupted by the sudden change of scenery. There were still trees but they seemed... different. Lived in. She had read books that the old elves lived in trees, like squirrels! But she was almost certain that the old elves had left those ways behind. It seemed so odd. Living with vermin, always smelling of pine or elm.

Old elves are very strange.

She stood there, mouth agape, in the town center. Her dark complexion out of place amongst the paler tree elves. The mail carrier noticed the lovely dark elf and nearly stopped to speak with her but his duties would prevent him from taking a break to satisfy his curiosity.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Elthas was about to enter his ancestral home when something happened.

His mind stopped for a moment and he felt a pang of emotion. This...sensation... Before he knew it reality shifted in his mind's eye as The Great Tree blessed Elthas with a vision of sort. He saw a great battlefield that was before him. Blurred, full of fire and blood...an oppressing sort of image. The sounds of conflict and weaponry filled the air as a host of Elves descended upon a rogue military outfit. The leader of that outfit...? Elthas could only view in horror as he saw that he was about to kill his own Father. Halm Bellthasar...the betrayer. A voice filled his mind.

"Son of Bellthasar." The Great Tree whispered in his mind. "This is a great tragedy that must not come to pass. Halm has a much deeper role to save in all this. ~Save HIM~. That is now your sworn duty to me." Elthas watched himself fight Halm for a long moment and then the vision faded. He placed a hand on his forehead as a feeling of light-headedness struck him.

He had to sit down someplace as the feeling was almost overwhelming. He was relatively near to the woman who had just arrived and well within plain sight. Elthas blinked a few times and turned around seeing the dark elf for the first time. And was enthralled by the specimen before him. Elthas held no inherent racism towards any of Althanas's people. He simply respected all life. He stared at her as the feeling of being intensely light headed came to pass. He adjusted his fedora for a moment and looked at the woman. Then he remembered his manners. A man of House Bellthasar never keeps a lady waiting. Halm's teachings echoed in the back of his mind. He walked over towards the dark elf, a handsome woman, and nodded towards her. "Hey there...." His voice was still a little broken after the intense vision he'd just witnessed. Maybe she triggered it somehow...? Elthas wondered if there was some connection to her arrival and the boon's manifestation.

He cleared his throat for a moment. "Sorry it's been a long day." They were rapidly approaching lunch hour and Elthas realized he had not eaten anything yet. He wondered if the lady before him would appreciate some company. "My name is Elthas." He introduced himself, and offered her his hand.

Nearby, through one of the Bellthasar Clan's house windows, Ellysia stared. She had a calm look about her as she looked at the interaction between the Dark Elf and Elthas. "...It begins." Elthas's Mother had a role to play in the events to come and that would be important. She stopped observing the activities of her son and the stranger, and went to prepare food along with the manservants that served House Bellthasar. A meal was in order...she always trusted her instincts. It was how she initially met Halm Bellthasar in the first place.
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    Several important thoughts still lingered through the curious dark elf’s head. Do these elves eat nuts? Are they good climbers? What do these forest dwellers do for fun? Wouldn’t rain be a huge issue on their home’s infrastructure? How do they cook without burning down their homes? Most importantly, don’t beetles live inside of trees?

The woman shivered a bit, I hate beetles.

Before her stood a bewildered looking tree elf. As his voice wavered slightly she could tell that something had bothered him. Lilly was pretty certain it was not her presence that jolted the man, though truth be told she had that effect on men from time to time. No, it was something else. Something had concerned him before she even arrived. Perhaps their treehouses had termites, that’d be quite alarming.

Looking the wood elf in front of her over she nodded and gave him a terse reply, “Right. I’m Lillian Svalesin, but you may call me Lilly. Nice to meet you.”

She shook the male elf’s hand. Typically the slate elf was not very good at first impressions. Being groomed in noble sel darthirii circles meant having perfect manners and with her new life she tried to be less formal, more... ‘commoner.’ This often resulted in slumping elbows and a lack of eye contact. Plus the fidgeting, usually a result of her nerves. At least she spoke confidently, the result of regurgitating the same false greeting numerous times.

The forest elf seemed friendly enough. He dressed nice enough and his eyes were welcoming. But Lilly kept herself guarded. She didn’t trust elves, not after what happened with her former comrades. Not after the snickering and mistrust she received. Plus most elves had no respect for technology, for her work.

For now though it was nice to meet another soul after traveling alone through Concordia for a few days. The sun’s rays only peaked through the rare gap in the tree line, causing it to be quite dim and eerie for the solo traveler. There were a lot of bugs, occasionally crawling on her flesh to her disgust. Being back to civilization was refreshing. If you could call a bunch of elves living in trees civilization.

She released the man’s hand and adjusted her right glove which had slipped a bit off her fingers. No doubt causing a strange handshake for this new fellow. Clearing her throat she questioned, “so you lot live in these trees?” There were several other questions she had but for the sake of pleasantries she’d reserve her curiosity... for now.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    For some reason...her question threw Elthas completely off guard.

Who doesn't live in trees...? He thought for a brief moment. But then looked at the woman in her eyes, she had a fierce intellect and determination. He smiled calmly feeling somewhat relaxed in her presence. He always did enjoy socializing and making new friends. He rubbed his chins. "It's a tradition." Elthas began to explain. "My people have long made the great oaks their homes. The trees in this area make for particularly fine homes. My house is right there." Elthas pointed towards the large tree that was behind him. There were windows visible, and a door to enter and some lanterns about. It was all in all a beautiful scenery. "I live with my Mother and my siblings there." Elthas considered the next part of the day quite carefully.

"By the way, have you eaten yet today? My Mother cooks very well, I have picked up a few tricks from her as well." Elthas said calmly. "I'd like you to come eat with us if you are able to." Elthas said, inviting her to his family's ancestral home. Noticeably, Elthas never once mentioned his Father. That injury was still too fresh in his mind. The great Hero, Halm Bellthasar... Elthas frowned upon thinking that. But he decided to let the wayward thought go. He looked at the woman and waited for her response...he wanted to get to know her a lot better. Mayhaps...he'd made a friend that day.
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    Tradition is no friend to progress, the inventor reminded herself. It was certainly quaint but if all elves lived in trees there’d be no railways, no airships, and no marvelous cities. But still, if these old elves preferred living in trees who was she to judge?

It was amusing to consider how communal societies continued to be. This entire family lived inside of a tree. Lilthis assumed most of her older brothers still lived on their family estate. If not for the dangers, she’d likely still be living with her own family. The more we change the more we stay the same.

His home was a large, wide tree with twin torches ablaze to greet the dark elf. On the long stretching branches of the great tree she could catch the dashing of birds and chipmunks. Inside the windows of the mighty oak Lilly could observe the moving shadows of life and glimpses of furniture. It all seemed rather intriguing, this harmonious union of the civilized with the wild.

His gesture of kindness was appreciated. Lillian was not a good cook. She could roast meat to be safe for consumption, she could boil vegetables if needed, but her penchant for cooking ended at making dishes edible. Never daring to get close to the line of ‘tasty’ or ‘delicious.’ The tinkering dark elf had many other skills to keep her occupied and devoting her time to improve her talent as a chef seemed like a waste. It was much easier to let those who already learned the craft cook for you.

The Alerian smiled brightly at the hospitality of the elf, “I’ve not yet eaten. I would love to take you up on your offer for food if it’s not much trouble.” Lilly used the heel of her boot to scratch the back of her ankle before adding, “thank you, it’s good to meet kind folk in these woods.”

I wonder if the inside of their home smells like tree sap?

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Elthas tipped his fedora hat gently in a relaxed gesture.

He was a rather tall individual, the Elf kind usually were tall and lithe. Elthas had slender facial features, common to his race. His eyes had a gentle glow about them, but there was a notable sadness in them. The weight of some recent trauma lurked on his shoulders. Elthas wore fine clothing, he was a gentleman at heart. That day, when they first met, he wore all black. A standard Vlince outfit cut in the popular Radanth noble style. It was a double-breasted suit with a high collar. Elthas did not wear a tie at all, instead, he wore a simple locket with the Bellthasar signet emblazoned upon it.

Elthas carried ornate daggers as his primary means of defense...though he knew not the arcane arts. Elthas was more than capable of defending himself with the gifts of his people. He gestured calmly for......Lilly that's a nice name... He thought to himself as he motioned for her to follow him inside. Them forest folks were indeed a daft loft...living in trees after all.

Elhas opened the front door to his home for Lilly follow. He would wait for her to enter before he entered after her. His thoughts were quite calm. Elthas thought back to his recent adventures, the journey he'd undergone with the boy, Vaeron. During that adventure, Elthas had discovered the truth about his Father. Father had betrayed them all. As he thought abou the Boon the Great Tree had given him, he wondered what was meant by that vision. He would have to bring it up with his Mother at some point...but first the order of the day. Must be polite to our guest. Not often we get many visitors from Alerar these days... Etlhas thought to himself as he waited for her to enter. He wore a small smile on his face the entire time.
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    Hesitation proved to be an ally to the elf of Alerar. The tree elf towered above Lilly as she was shorter than most other dark elves. Not half-dwarf short, but still shorter nonetheless. Looking up at him as he moved to open the door of his home she noticed the signet locket adorned around his neck. Perhaps it was a family heirloom. She was feeling cautious in the wake of Elthas’ silence, clearly distracted by something that was far away from lunch with a stranger. To contradict the lack of words though the tipping of his hat and his smile indicated he was still welcoming to the foreigner.

Lilly crossed through the boundary of his abode. The inside of their home was more spacious than she had anticipated. Of course, it still looked like they were inside of a tree but there was furniture, a rug, and modest decorations. It barely smelled of oak in their home. Barely. In addition the home was well lit and abuzz with movement from the other members of clan Belthasar. Turning from the lobby of his home Lilly’s eyes went back to the forest elf’s face.

His expression was solemn, focused, she raised her concerns, “are you ok? Something seems to be bothering you.”

She hoped that she was not being rude but it would be difficult to converse and eat with someone who was living on another plane of reality. The thin shaded elf did not wish to be a burden if this was bad timing on her part. On the contrary, if her presence was inconvenient she could depart.

It was always difficult though for Lilly to read people. Especially non-Alerians. If this wooded elf was a machine she could de-construct it and learn its secrets. In his current state though he simply confused her. Was she bothering him? Had she intruded and his manners were too great to dismiss the woman?

For now she tried to focus on the aromatics of what she assumed to be lunch.
    Last edited by Lilthis; 05-23-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    He paused for a moment as she entered the ancestral home of his family.

The question lingered in the air between him. True, something ate at his mind...but it was a personal something. How should I respond...? Elthas rubbed his slender chin for a moment and looked at her square in the eyes. "You are not a bother. I was merely thinking of something that has recently happened. Something that has affected all of us a considerable amount." Mainly...Father's betrayal left a hole in Elthas' heart for sure. As he stood there he placed his jacket inside a nearby closet after a moment.

The inside of the home was very spacious and there was indeed a lot of furnishing. There was a mysterious connecting force that allowed those Elves to live in a perfect harmony with nature herself. Lady Y'edda of the wild. Elthas smiled after a moment and took off his hat, placing it on a small table. He looked at Lilly. "Food should be ready. My Mother's cooking rival's that of most accomplished chefs in Radasanth." Or so he had been told. He didn't know what Alerians ate. He only knew that Concordia Forest provided all that they needed to survive. Elthas adjusted his posture for a moment and guided Lilly towards the kitchen area where the strongest smells of cooking and food was located. Elthas seemed more relaxed as he entered their ancestral home.

He looked at his Mother, Elysia, and his brother, Drathis. Drathis was easily a head taller than Elthas and built much more muscular than Elthas proper. Elthas was built more for speed, Drathis was built for pure strength and power. There was a clear contrast between the brothers. Elthas looked at his Mother and several of the other house servants as they prepared various food-stuffs. "Mother, we have a guest." Elthas said plainly, introducing his friend.

"I know. The woman from earlier." His Mother said in a mysterious sort of way. She motioned for one of the other cooks to take over her spot, notably, the old stove was built INTO the tree itself. It was not a technologically advanced item...but rather, Elven relicry at work. Notably, all of the Elf kind in this area had long, angular and pointy ears. Elthas hugged his Mother and shook his Brother's hand for a moment. He nodded back with respect. The family was actually quite fond of one another.

Elysia walked over to Lilly. "My dear, you must be very hungry from your journey to this area of Concordia. Thankfully, we have prepared a bountiful harvest of a meal." Elysia moved to shake Lilly's hand in a warm greeting. Elysia was a fair skinned, almost alabaster skint-toned woman. She was quite graceful and seemed to have a glow about her. The old ones of Elthas' tribe called that glow a halo, or an aura of energy. She wore home attire that was adequate for cooking. She removed her simple apron and placed it on a nearby hanger. There were paintings of various members of Bellthasar Clan around the abode. There was also a spiraling staircase that headed upwards...and downwards. To layers of the house that were located beneath them. "Come sit with us, our table is always welcome for more friends of the family." She said calmly, in an almost sing-song type of voice. Her voice was accented and had a small singing style audible in it.

Elthas looked on as Elysia interacted with Lilly. "My dear, what is your name?" She asked of Lilly.

Elthas did not want to impose and introduce Lilly without her permission. So he merely waited for her to introduce herself first.

Elthas noticed several of the chairs at the table were empty. Particularly, the head of the table was absent...and would be for some time. For a moment he frowned thinking about his Father. But for now, they would enjoy a meal with friends and family. Elthas moved a chair for Lilly to take when she was ready, and he sat down on hi sown chair for a long moment.

Drathis looked at Elthas and nodded. "Saw you with the delivery fellow earlier." He said calmly. "Did you get the parcel?"

Elthqas nodded. "Yes. But we'll talk about it later. Right now let's just spend time with on another and eat good food." At that point when he looked at Lilly, Elthas began to sing. In another life, Elthas had been a Bard for a period of time and some of that skill set carried over in his current incarnation. He began to sing in the elder tongue of his people, the song was for Lilly primarily. But also, singing, helped him calm down and think of happier moments in his life...like that one. He smiled as he sang.

Drathis chuckled a little. "You should take up full time studies as a Bard again."

Elthas nodded. He kept on singing for Lilly as the servants of the house began to serve the well cooked meal. Elysia stood in front of Lilly as they spoke.

(Note: Lilly feel free to bunny ANY NPC's they are for your use as well. I am really enjoying working with you keep up the good work!)
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    Hm, something is odd, at least it isn’t me.

The inquisitive elf admired the stove which was carved into the oaken walls of the tree itself. She surmised that the oven must be lined with stone or steel. Possibly enchanted? It would be far more impressive if it were non-magical as the sheer ingenuity of coming up with the stove’s design had her brain’s full attention. The smoke would need to be dispersed through a chimney but if the chimney was under the branches it would stain the leaves or set them ablaze. It must’ve been an enchantment... or else she had just not noticed a chimney above the tree line. Was it possible that it could funneled the smoke underground? Lilly wiggled a bit awkwardly as she tried to peer over the various elves to get a better look at the stove.

Her examination of the cooking apparatus was ceased when Elthas spoke of the Alerian to his mother. Initially the mother elf worried Lilly with an ominous comment but she followed up with a gentle greeting. The mother elf asked for Lilly’s introduction and distracted by her thoughts the dark elf started, “Lilth-,” she shut her lips before exposing the slimmest bit of her tongue and continuing, “ahem, excuse me. I’m Lillian Svalesin, but you may call me Lilly. Nice to meet you.”

The dark elf’s rounded face housed her sparkling blue eyes as a strand of thin white hair grazed past her cheek, falling off her left ear. She transferred her right hand to grab ahold of her narrow left elbow, squirming her face a bit as she hoped her impression was not ruined by nearly speaking the wrong name.

Elysia seemed a bit confused but followed equally, “what great manners dear. I am Elysia, thank you for joining us.” The pale elf mother went back to put a few last minute details on the lunch she had prepared. One or two dishes missing salt or a dash of pepper.

Elthas gestured for her to sit and she fell into the moment as she fell into the chair. It was unusual for her, to be eating a meal at a table with a ‘family.’ For the past few years she spent most of her meals in the presence of Faellint in a hovel or among mages around a campfire. Sitting at a real table with a group of people was a refreshing change of scenery for the young dark elf.

When Elthas’ brother raised questions of a package, it piqued Lilly’s interest. This ‘parcel’ sounded important. As she was about to inquire about it the tree elf stared at her and began to sing.

Old elves really did annoy Lilly. Most of the elves within The Vestige were interesting enough. They practiced magic, they were experts at it. These elves were simple elves with simple dreams. Living in these woods, never questioning what else was out in the world. The caricature she was forming in her head of this family was a culmination of her upbringing and the injustice she faced trying to prove herself to the traditional old elves from The Vestige.

Regardless, she sat listening to the elf’s song. He did have a nice voice but she was fully perplexed as he received praise from his brother. Did he expect Lilly to join in? She couldn’t sing. She definitely was not going to sing inside of a tree. She had standards.

Lilly looked back at Elthas and during the climax of his song she loudly exclaimed, “I can’t sing.” Her outburst brought bewildered looks from the various members of clan Belthasar. As soon as she received the disapproving looks the inventor realized her error. He was not looking for a sing along, he was trying to show his talent. His gift.

Before she could apologize lunch arrived at their table. Steaming piles of sliced turnips, crusted venison, and baked fruits filled the oak home with scents of paprika and sweetness. As the members of the house began to help themselves to the bountiful meal Lilly waited until most had filled their plates. She then grabbed utensils and topped off her own plate with a modest serving of every dish, careful not to overeat. The Alerian was very appreciative of their generosity but she was not going to abuse it. That would be unbecoming of a proper sel darthirii.

As the group chewed and munched through the meal before them Lilly thought back on the postman referenced earlier. Her mouth was filled with the texture of savory venison but her thoughts were filled with the possibilities of what this parcel could’ve been. A normal person would have let the passing comment go. Not Lilthis. She was absolutely determined to unravel its importance.

She took one last bite and as soon as the seared fruit passed into her esophagus she formed the words she had contemplated for what felt like hours, “what parcel did you receive? If you don’t mind my asking.” The curious elf smiled and tilted her head, hoping that her charm may squeeze the truth out of the forested elf.