EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile

Stretching other charries

Looking for possible peeps to write with.

Maybe with chars I haven't used in a while

Aynur
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...?29-Aynur-Ziva

Esther
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...-Ciel-Tonelico

Ayaka
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...ck-of-your-shi

Keep note I am pretty busy atm; so cant reply straight away but will be as prompt as I can!

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Totally read this as "stretching other cherries" and though you were recruiting for a very special occasion for your characters :P

I am skyping you as we speak about some writes.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

EXP: 2,130, Level: 2
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next Level: 2,870
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,870

GP

Name
    Tristain Edelven
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Well, I'm looking to get Tristain off the ground, so if you want to give me a chance I'd be happy to try writing with you.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Sure aegis, we can set something up in gdocs. Do you have a discord so we can chat more about it? Which char are you interested in.?

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    I've got a thought-concoction on the boil and stir which would involve Ayaka, Phyr, Lilthis and Yvonne.

Please stand by for some durational brewing...

(I'm currently at work and can't explain.)
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    All right. Breaker gave me a bit of an idea of what you two had in mind - how we might thread with four of us. Big parties are a lot of fun but I think some planning helps to keep the thread moving in a straight-ish direction, so the four of us don’t take off in four directions, haha. Which, to be honest, can be fun too but not productive. I had a gander at yer lovely charries and I believe the easiest ones to thread together would be Ayaka, Phyr, Lilthis and Yvonne as I mentioned above (but side note for a future thread: Aynur & Yvonne. They would make an interesting pair for when we are less busy!)

I’m already getting distracted. Anywho, Ayaka: she has a new alchemy shop but we don’t know where it be. That is important because her shop will be the setting. That got me thinking, if I was an alchemist selling my potions where would I plonk my business down. Might I make a suggestion where it could be? A suggestion, not influencing your decision (maybe a little). I think smack-dab around Alerar and Raiaera would be a pretty good spot; that would be a hotbed of new recipe ideas and magical ingredients, scientific progress and arcane wisdom. If I was opening an alchemy shop I would do it about there.

Southern Raiaera is an interesting location as Alerians bleed into it. I’m thinking Narenhad near the forest and mountain ranges or Carnelost which is equal distance to the forest, mountains, dead lands and red forest. It must be like potion ingredient heaven there. Never mind, that’s up to you, I won’t try to talk you into anything further. It’s your shop dear. Carnelost isn’t that far from Akashima and you wanna get away from Corone and Stonevale because of the stiff competition down there (Nevin), but no. Not influencing!

Lilthis has a bit of a full blown story arc going on, investigating magical foci for study. She’s trying to replicate magic using machinery. She overhears a rumour about a meteorite that fell from the sky and made a bit of an impact in Raiaera, and of course needs to go check it out. Problem: Lilthis and Yvonne are sel darthirii. So we need a plan. We can do the obvious disguise thing, dress like a high elf and dwarf, try to act like Raiaerans, paint our skin pale - all that good stuff. It’s only going to fool people from a distance though. Which is why we end up in Ayaka’s potion shop on the way there.

Yvonne is thinking some kind of changeling potion, for close-quarters interactions with other Raiaerans. Of course a changeling potion is made from hard-to-find ingredients (blood of a changeling, good luck finding one!), so Ayaka talks them down to a compromise. Maybe a camouflage potion instead; ingredients chameleon skin and other assorted whatnot). That way they can change their skin colour for a while but they’ll need to use it only when they definitely need it because the duration isn’t long.

Phyr realizes he’s being tailed by Aleran spies operating in and around Raiaera. He thinks he’s given them a bit of a slip, so he sneaks into a nearby building to hide and lose them completely. It happens to be Ayaka’s potion shop. He’s very silent, keeps to the dark corners and tries to get his breathing back under control. He listens to the conversation going on and realizes they’re brewing a potion, but doesn’t make a move yet.

The operatives burst in and start making a scene, demanding to know if we’ve noticed a dark elf with an amputation come in here. Of course we haven’t and the disturbance ticks Ayaka right off because she’s trying to brew a potion at the moment and it requires careful ingredient choices and measurements. The spies expect her to let them look around and scope the place out. She is not happy about that at all. She’s already lost one shop to rapscallions flooding it and doesn’t need two strangers rifling through her stuff and turning the place upside down. Cue lots of tension. The fact that Lilly and I are dark elven pretty much confirms in their mind Phyr is here somewhere so they don’t back down.

This has Yvonne subtly scanning the room for him when they’re not watching her, and she spots him because of her darkvision. She doesn’t give him away - in fact tells the operatives something like, “Oh alright, go ahead and look around, quickly now! Just don’t break anything. We’ll get out of yer way,” and she situates herself between the corner Phyr is crouched in and puts her back to him, crossing her arms, blocking him from view. She taps her foot, tries to look as impatient with their search as possible to hurry them along.

They don’t find Phyr of course and eventually give up. From there we have the thread to ourselves. Yvonne and maybe Lilly help clean the place up and put things back where they belong while Ayaka continues to make the potion. She succeeds in making a potion but it’s not what we’re expecting. The disturbance was too much of a distraction to pull off the difficult brew properly. Ayaka bottles some and Phyr snatches it? Drinks it? A camouflage potion would be an excellent tool for a fugitive suspected of treason.

What does the potion do? I don’t know, drink it and find out, haha. It could be anything, depends on ingredients and quantities but it does have chameleon skin as one ingredient, so there’s that. Possible polymorph effect? Maybe it’s a mass polymorph other potion; Phyr drinks it and nothing happens to him but the three of us are polymorphed into lizards, haha. I don’t know, you tell me your ideas.

Feel free to pipe up and tell me what you want to change, tweak, throw in the bin. Have at it. This was pretty lengthy but it’s just my initial thoughts. I want to hear from you three and help you peeps put your own spins on it too. I’m just a mover and shaker, this needs yer refinement.

Thread name ideas: Camouflage Concoction, A Brew Best Forgotten, Alteration Decoction, A Mixture Mistake… I don’t know, got nothing good, lol.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 05-21-2018 at 06:28 AM.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

EXP: 2,130, Level: 2
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next Level: 2,870
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,870

GP

Name
    Tristain Edelven
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Hm, so it seems your time has been claimed, a four person thread is going to be hectic enough as it is.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Hardly. A four person thread will be less intensive on Amari than a three or two.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Yeh aegis hit me up, this will take a bit for me to respond to. I'm in the Middle d of a stream.

Also her shop is now in a small town outside ninyama. Akashima. I'll have to go into more detail about Ayaka as a lot of that is out of char for her so give me a bit to respond when I have a free moment

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Akashima will work fine. Yvonne's been there once before so would suggest passing through to Lilly.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.