Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human

Return of the Gripe Thread (18+)

I am so fucking livid right now. I am shaking with anger and seeing red. Monday was one of the worst days I've had from top to bottom. Today, I just learned that our company is bum rushing the new guy into handling all the order entry for the entire fucking company and he was struggling with basic mock orders I had generated for him. Apparently someone who is paid and valued more in life than I am made the decision to set him up for failure. And when he does fail, which he will since the stress has pretty much turned him into a blithering idiot, they will look to me.

On top of that, the customer I have helped since day one apparently thinks I'm too much of a fuck up to do business with us. They either want to do business with someone else at my company or another company entirely. I have been nothing but kind and helpful. Do I make mistakes? Who the fuck doesn't? Do I own them? Hell yes I do because I am a god damned adult and I know when to admit I'm wrong. I am beyond words right now. No matter what I do and what I touch lately, I just fucking fail. I'm sick of it. It's causing me to regress to a place I really don't want to go.

I shouldn't be this upset. Shit happens and people are not worth the blood given to create them. I just don't know what I cosmically did wrong to be treated like this -- to feel inadequate despite all the effort and labor I put into what I do. I stay late every day to catch up because we've been operating at half staff for sic mother fucking months. I feel caged, beaten, and neglected. I can't rant on facebook because potential employers check that shit. Fuck, they'll prolly find this too. If so, fuck you. Respect a person's privacy. I'm allowed to have fucking feelings and feel validated as a god damn living being.

I am so done. I am so emotionally and psychologically exhausted. How can the world be like this? What the fuck do I have to look forward to? Retirement? Being senile with barely enough money to afford raisin bran? God, I am just done.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Lye View Post
    I am so fucking livid right now. I am shaking with anger and seeing red. Monday was one of the worst days I've had from top to bottom. Today, I just learned that our company is bum rushing the new guy into handling all the order entry for the entire fucking company and he was struggling with basic mock orders I had generated for him. Apparently someone who is paid and valued more in life than I am made the decision to set him up for failure. And when he does fail, which he will since the stress has pretty much turned him into a blithering idiot, they will look to me.

On top of that, the customer I have helped since day one apparently thinks I'm too much of a fuck up to do business with us. They either want to do business with someone else at my company or another company entirely. I have been nothing but kind and helpful. Do I make mistakes? Who the fuck doesn't? Do I own them? Hell yes I do because I am a god damned adult and I know when to admit I'm wrong. I am beyond words right now. No matter what I do and what I touch lately, I just fucking fail. I'm sick of it. It's causing me to regress to a place I really don't want to go.

I shouldn't be this upset. Shit happens and people are not worth the blood given to create them. I just don't know what I cosmically did wrong to be treated like this -- to feel inadequate despite all the effort and labor I put into what I do. I stay late every day to catch up because we've been operating at half staff for sic mother fucking months. I feel caged, beaten, and neglected. I can't rant on facebook because potential employers check that shit. Fuck, they'll prolly find this too. If so, fuck you. Respect a person's privacy. I'm allowed to have fucking feelings and feel validated as a god damn living being.

I am so done. I am so emotionally and psychologically exhausted. How can the world be like this? What the fuck do I have to look forward to? Retirement? Being senile with barely enough money to afford raisin bran? God, I am just done.
    I gathered you'd had a terrible monday from Facebook but whoa. As always, if there is anything I can do to help i'm here mate.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Here to help also!

I have had a strange weird weekend, including losing most of my photos from over the past two years. They might be gainable again, but it is going to take some clever work. This includes all the wedding photos and ones from my honeymoon that I took, so that's a bummer. It was my fault too - even bigger bummer.

I am also supporting a friend right now who is going through some serious internal family issues so that is (not) fun.

Sorry Lye :/ always here to chat xx

Administrator

EXP: 87,404, Level: 12
    Level completed: 81%, EXP required for next Level: 2,596
    Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    Update: He did fail and they did can him. Back to half staff for god knows who long. So much for writing again~!

P.S. My last employee voiced he will retire in May 2018. Can one Lye be enough for a four man job? Find out next time on FML.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    *Pats for busy Lye!*

Sorry if I'm a little weird right now. My brain is not in a good place. The short version is, I'm a little tired of being told how to avoid getting raped/murdered/abducted. I know that I need to be able to make informed decisions about my safety... but none of this is new information to me. I have a working brain, I've done my own research for protecting myself, and I'll keep doing more on my own time. It's well meaning, yet, all this is doing is making me feel like I'm not safe anywhere with anyone. It's making me feel scared and depressed.

Don't worry. I'll bounce back in a few days -- or a week at most. I just feel icky and crawly inside for now. (I'm fine, I swear.)
    Last edited by FennWenn; 08-26-2017 at 04:19 PM.

First Officer

EXP: 34,480, Level: 7
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next Level: 520
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next Level: 520

GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    That's such a college thing, Fenn. I had it shoved down my throat too. I think they have good intentions, but they do go overboard. :/

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Gordon found a huge spider in the bath today. And I mean like the size of your palm huge.

Unfortunately it was such that we needed to put him down the bath. However, it was also unfortunate that I named him before we likely killed him.

RIP Spider Eric.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    I have been in severe dental pain for months and have been hacing a series of appointments, surguries, fillings, cleanings and more.
    WHy?
    Because a dentist approximately 5 years aback fucked up a bunch of routine fillings, and a root canal. That place has since shut down due to malpractise but still..

So not only myself, my fiance, but his dad have forked over a few thousand dollars already, and todays appointment, abunch of xrays and cleaning revealed that I need an extraction and to hae a titanium rod in my fuckin mouth with a fake tooth on it or some shit. I have to deal with that on Monday, thats going to cost $2900 and after that I still have work that needs to be done. I haven't slept for like 4 days because I have been in so much pain and all he could do for me today was give me antibiotics due to the inflammation in my mouth, and infections caused by that. all I want to do is have a single day where ssomething doesn't go wrong.

Nt only that but like; I try to be a really good housemate, I clean up after mself, I sweep and mop every other day if not every day because I have a cat, and I want to be cosniderate of the fur she sheds. I did filming for my yotuube channel yesterday, and I informed both my housemates of this, and that I had soeone helping me, they were aboth fine with it because they were working and I only film on days wehre I have the house to myself because well, I think that's fair. Why should they stay out of the kitchen becauseo f me?

Anyway. we had finished filming for the day, and my friend (who also does my editing and stuff) and I were chilling on the couch, now she had fallen asleep, she has had a very stressful time and had just come out to her parents as trans and it didn't go well, so she couldn't be at home, and wanted rest. she fell asleep on the couch next to me and so we were being quiet, watchign tv. I had cleaned everything from my channel too, so there was nothing around, no lighting left, no cables, no mics hanging from places, no dishes.

And he comes home, and walks into the kichen and goes "who is THIS?" I said "my friend, she's havinga nap. She helped me film today."
    He's all "Uhm it would have been NICE to tell me someone was coming over."
    I said "Yeh, I did tell you. I said something on Wednesday, on Friday, and on Saturday night to confirm."
    he said "NO you said you were FILMING not having someone OVER."
    I say "But....but Idid...."

He mumbled something and storms out the room.

So, me feeling like aboslolute shit, had to wake my friend and ask her to leave because I didn't want to cause issues with my housemate. I then hid in my room.

Now, Im not trying to villify him here, he probably had abad day at work, and no doubt forgot what I said multuple times, the other housemate (His girlfriend) even said she knows I told them both, because I kept telling them.

what irks me is that this is the SAME housemate who had an orgy in the lounge room, with as little notice as 'dont come into the kitchen/lounge for a while haha."
    And honestly? I didnt mind to much, the only thing I did mind was that I couldn't make myself my usual hot drink before bed. Beyond that give a crap, its their house too and as long as they clean up afterward who cares? (And in his defence, he cleaned and desanitised everything like 4 times over at least.)

So like, what abouta little give? I don't complain about something like that at alll! And yet I get made to feel like shit because I had a friend fall asleep on the couch who was having a really bad time, because you weren't given 'appropriate warning' of me having someone over???

My entire mouth is on fire, Im tired and I have been crying for the past half hour. I am on a mix of medications and am taking clsoe to 6 pills a day for anxiety, pain meds, and antibiotics for this inflamation, technically I should not be mixing pain meds with this diazepam medication because it can cause severe issues but if I don't take pain meds I cna't function.

I have been cut back to oen shift a week at work, and I can't pay rent, or bills. My fiance has been covering for me, he says he's ok with it and I know he is, but the financial stress is an issue, I don't want to have to rely on him all the time. We hae a wedding soon on top of everything else we're paying. I'm trying to find other work, but even if I did have other work I wouldn't be able to work properly because of this constant dental pain, I can barely talk my mouth is swollen most the time. Half the time I am so out of it I don't know what time of day it is or what I am even doing.

my family is going through some issues which I wont repeat here but it honestly is making me fear for afamily members life and I am so stressed and concerned and worried and don't know what to do beyond what I have already tried doing by getting them to stay here, but even if I do get them to stay here Im worried about my houseamte who seems to get shitty and pissedd at the drop of a hat.

an ex friend is still spreading bullshit about me and its breaking my heart, by this point a lot of people are catching on - and are sort of calling her out on it, and yet that's still my fault somehow when she's getting caught out about blatantly lying about me. She's been saying that I ignored her at the recent con, and that I was being rude to her face (contradictory already?) and I was literally running the maid cafe all weekend, and when she was called out on it she got shitty and said "its tiffanys fault none of our mutual friends are talking to me anymore. she's spreading lies and rumours about me." And honestly? THE ONLY things I have said about her is how much i miss her and love her and how it breaks my heart we aren't talking anymore, because ther is NO way for me to contact her, she's blocked me on every social media, blocked my number, blocked everything, and claims taht I am the one who did that?? I unno, this stupid facebook memories thing is tearing me a new one because we were so close so every single day I am reminded of how much I miss her and I just cr whenever I think about it. I know she's toxic and I shouldn't give a toss, but its hard for me to just forget someone I loved so much.

and I honestly am at breaking point. I can't cope. I can't talk to people about it I can't talk to friends about it or family about it, and I am just at the end of my ropes.

Im so damn hungry and I can barely eat anything. When I do eat something I feel so sick I want to throw up, and sometimes do.

I'm so weak I can barely survive a day without getting dizzy and toppling over. Im sick of lying in bed hal the day because I can't physically cope.

I've tried talking to doctors about this
    I've tried meditation/yoga
    I have a number of herbal teas I enjoy and they help alleviate some things.

I try to think positive and stay positive. I try to keep a positive attitude online because I don't want to bother people. I try not to let things get to others but Im just

I can't anymore

i just cant

EXP: 31,310, Level: 7
    Level completed: 54%, EXP required for next Level: 3,690
    Level completed: 54%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,690

GP

Name
    Captain Cain Jodin

View Profile
    I need a new battery for my truck.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Forget the crisis on the Korean Peninsula; someone just pushed the Shin nuclear button.

Before I start, I would like to point out that it takes a long and concerted effort to get me angry to this level, a pace I have been perhaps once in my life. If you are one of the unfortunate people to have made it to that very small hall of shame, you've had (or are going to have) a bad time.

I'll tell this story the way I told it to Shelby. I appreciate this might be a "tl;dr" but whatever.

As some of you will know, I am an accountant by trade. Part of my job is that I operate payroll for my clients. This means that I make sure they get their payslips, take care of any tax and national insurance deductions and ensure people are being paid the right amount of money. All this has to be done in accordance with law set out by the HM Revenue and Customs (our version of the IRS).

For clients who are builders, and who use subcontractors (people like plasterers, scaffolders and suchlike), things work a little differently. The HMRC tell our client what percentage to deduct from their workers. The client then pays this over to the HMRC.

In this example, my client (let's call him Scott) was told by his worker (let's call him Fuckface) that the HMRC were deducting 20% tax from him. Scott, taking his word for it (I know.....) deducts the 20% when he pays him, as he should, but finds out the HMRC actually want to deduct 30% from Fuckface.

Scott pays (correctly) the HMRC 30%, Fuckface has only been deducted 20%, so Fuckface owes Scott 10% and has to argue the toss with the HMRC later on after paying Scott.

Fuckface, to no-one's great surprise, doesn't.

After months of chasing the 10%, Fuckface's accountant (let's call him Mr Happy) phones me up. It happens to be an accountant in the area who has been leaking clients to us for years, and in great quantities (so much so we have had to take on another member of staff to cope).

Here is a transcript of the conversation:

Mr Happy: "I demand to know why Fuckface has to pay Scott 10%"

Me: "Sure, I can explain. Basically the HMRC informed us to deduct 30% at the time the payment was made. It's been straightened out now to 20%, but in May it was 30% and legally we had to oblige. Your client only paid over 20%, so he owes Scott 10% and needs to claim it back from HMRC."

Mr Happy: "But Fuckface has been on 20% for six years"

Me: "That may be the case, but the HMRC instructed us to deduct 30%. I have no doubt your client is right, but it is for him to argue with HMRC, not Scott. He needs to pay 10% to Scott and claim it back via HMRC"

Mr Happy (aggressive tone): "I'm fucking sorry but I think I know the HMRC better than you do, son. My client is not going to pay Scott 10% and I'm not being told by some snotty nosed junior* that the HMRC are right!"

Me: "Firstly, Mr Happy, I am a full member of the Association of Accounting Technicians and a part-qualified chartered accountant, not a junior. Secondly, I have been operating the CIS scheme now for clients for ten years. I do understand your frustration, but as you well know we have to comply with the law here and enforce HMRC guidelines. All I want to do is resolve the situation professionally."

Out comes a tirade of abuse aimed at me that I won't print here.

Eventually, after ten more minutes of threatening us with court action () I told him straight.

Me: "Look, this unprofessional attitude is EXACTLY why people are coming to us from you. Your attitude is a disgrace and I am not putting up with this. When you can find the time to approach the issue as a professional, I will be happy to find a solution but until ten I refuse to deal with you."

Mr Happy then drives to our office to have it out with me!

Didn't go the way he wanted it to. My boss is also my father, who had been listening to this quite keenly. When this total dickhead arrived at my office, he threatened to knock me out! Shin Senior steps in and quietly reminds this absolute weapon that his client is in fact breaking the law and not only can he be reported, but if he continues to carry on down this path he'll be facing both slander and verbal assault charges.

Police come down to get this turd off our premises, and send the three toed mutant on his way.

Later turns out that another client he lost to us is reporting him for making up his accounts for a mortgage application.

Stupid c**t.