EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile

~To Reconcile...~ (May Vignette)

He turned his head towards the voices of shouting and a loud noise in the mean Radasanth streets, where we set our scene. Lorenor narrowed his eyes calmly and saw the man who'd been making life a living Hell for the local poor folks in the slums. Another day in Radasanth...? Lorenor thought to himself as he looked at the man who was harassing local poor folks. The man was a burly Dwarf with a bad attitude. He was extorting money off the locals, making their lives a bigger misery than it already was. Lorenor knew that the man was doing this for some time. He observed as the fellow punched a worker in the face then stared directly at Lorenor.

"What are you looking at?" The Dwarf yelled, and started to walk towards him.

Lorenor remained where he was as the bully approached. "What do you intend to do here?" Lorenor suddenly asked in challenge.

"Look, if you want trouble I can gladly oblige." Doors were slammed shut as people ran indoors. To their houses and buildings. "I will NOT ask you again. What are you looking at?"

Lorenor tensed at that point...angry Dwarves were harsh enemies to fight. "I'm looking at YOU." Lorenor drew his claymore and began to summon the light. "Or do you want me to spell that out for you?"

The Dwarf raised an eyebrow. "You didn't see what I been doing to these poor saps? Fine, I'll just kill you and blame them for it." The Dwarf proceeded to punch Lorenor across the face.

Lorenor's face turned slightly at the hit. "I'd suggest you try again." Lorenor said calmly. He looked at the Dwarf with a fierce expression in his glowing eyes.

The Dwarf punched Lorenor over and over. With the best strength he could muster, Lorenor DID feel the pain...but it was not enough to stop what was about to go down.

Lorenor raised his weapon...he intended to strike the Dwarf down.

"Wait!" A man shouted from one of the houses. "Don't do it, or there will be a lot of trouble for us."

Another chimed in. "Yeah...kill him now and we'll get blamed anyway. He works as a crony for the local militia."

Lorenor hesitated. "...Shit..."

The Dwarf looked at Lorenor. "I suggest you think clearly before you act."

Lorenor narrowed his eyes. "...Perhaps. I don't have to kill you but nothing says I can't hurt you."

The Dwarf frowned. "What are you going on about...?" The Dwarf asked.

Lorenor sheathed his sword. Then he summoned The Holy Light, grabbing The Dwarf's face. He released a full burst of his smite ability on The Dwarf. The man yelled as energy sizzled off his face. "I can't kill you, but I can make your life a really terrible Hell if you don't stop bothering these folks."

The Dwarf clutched his smoldering face. "Y-You bastard! You'll pay for this!" The Dwarf growled angrily, but knew he could not defeat Lorenor. Instead, he decided to walk away for the time being. "I'll be back for you HERO. Enjoy your victory today...it will be your last." The Dwarf left.

One of the men who spoke earlier left their house and walked over towards Lorenor. He kept his distance. "Thanks for helping us but we got a BIG problem now." He said with his lips shaking in terror.

Lorenor nodded. "I'm sorry that I almost acted without thinking. But i am going to remain here to protect you all."

"...You would help us?" The man said incredulously. "...Don't you understand what's about to happen, what he's likely going to do to us...?"

Lorenor nodded. "That's why I'm going to stay and help you all. Someone I know risked a lot to save me from something before. I intend to repay that man someday. That's why I acted just now to save you all."

"He could bring the whole Radasanth military down our necks in the hour! You'd stay despite that?" The man was stunned at what he was hearing. "...Why...? You don't even know us."

Lorenor nodded. "Because it is the RIGHT thing to do." He explained. "We better prepare for what is coming."

(Note: Not really an ENEMY he reconciled with per say, but he reconciled with the poor folk who are about to go through some Sin City style stuff. Either way, there's my entry hope you guys like it! ~Pav)
    Last edited by Paladin_Lorenor; 05-26-2018 at 03:47 PM.