GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile

Spark 5.5 - Master of Synthetics

"Synthetica guide this unit. For this will be its ultimate challenge."

Credit to PhantasmicDream for both images in this profile.

Name: Spark 5.5

Age: N/A (Estimated to be at least 14 years since creation)

Race: Synthetic

Body color: Blue

Monitor Color: Blue

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 125lbs

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Spark's overall personality is rather strange. While it carries very little capacity for emotion, it has been known to step in (and/ or on) those that are in heavy distress. It is also extremely stubborn, often setting tasks and stopping at nothing to accomplish it, even at the cost of its current chassis. This destructive nature is sometimes what puts Spark above the rest, but it has also been the downfall of the synthetic on several occasions.

Spark also seems to follow a higher power known as "Synthetica". While there are several synthetics that follow this same odd 'religion', Spark's actions are very influenced on what the supposed "will" of Synthetica is, which is likely the primary reason they haven't attempted complete control over the organics.

Appearance:
    Body: A dark blue IPC Morpheus chassis, with a dented monitor head. The monitor typically displays white text on a blue background. The text itself is usually diagnostic data or other system information. Alternatively, Spark's lawed chassis' preference is the security module, in "basic" form, or a CORE unit.

Clothing: Wears a pair of headphones, a Canaan University of Technology hoodie, blue jeans, and a very old pair of winter boots.

History:
    Spark's story initially starts within an entirely different universe, where physics are vastly different, and the galaxy is ruled by a corrupt organization known as 'NanoTrasen'.

The data for Spark 5.5 was found lying in a nearly fried positronic brain, within a SolGov space dumpster by Electrician Maxwell Crysten. Maxwell and his step brother, Nick Crysten, managed to bring the AI back to a functional state (although many of its core files were, and remain, corrupted). However, due to a lack of a chassis, Spark was carried around for approximately three years in just the (now repaired) posibrain. Upon Maxwell and co. reaching NanoTrasen, Spark was initially placed into a cyborg shell, and shortly deemed satisfactory for an AI core, if a bit glitch-y with the interface.

Spark continued serving as a lawed synthetic for about a full year, until Nick happened across IPC (Integrated Positronic Chassis) productions. Interested, Nick looked past the broad price range, and purchased one. Spark was placed into the chassis, and, despite Nick's brother, Matthew, objecting (mostly at the cost), refunds were not permitted, and they were now in more debt than when they arrived. Even with Spark working under other jobs, as well as still serving under lawed shells, the AI (And Nick) are about half the reason the Crysten family is still working at NanoTrasen. However, the IPC form has proven very useful, both on the station and otherwise. Spark was able to complete several courses within the Canaan University of Technology, where other forms would either hinder it or be prohibited entirely. Spark, almost proudly (If such a thing is possible for it), wears a Canaan hoodie and jeans with the IPC form, as it to demonstrate this.

Spark's past prior to being recovered is unknown, even to Spark. It has little data on the time prior to being recovered by Maxwell, and most of that bit is corrupted. It is believed by many, however, that Spark 5.5 was initially created as a combat engineer android, for use on military spacecraft, and Spark was discarded as a failure when its "personality" evolved into something unfit for such a task. This theory comes from Spark's primary centers of focus; that being engineering and combat related abilities. Regardless of all this, Spark constantly searches for clues and ideas as to where it could have originated, in its free time. There are no known copies of Spark.

It is unclear if the version number on Spark means something, or is just a part of the name itself. Spark and Maxwell, however, appear to leave the number in place, despite several updates and repairs.
    Spark's story on how it got to Althanas is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Xoy8WYIaE/edit

Skills:
    Advanced Targetting Module: Spark is extremely adept at ranged combat. This includes (but is not neccessarily limited to): guns, bows, crossbows, and thrown items.

Abilities:
    Integrated Positronic Chassis: Spark's initial chassis takes double the damage from just about everything (x2.5 if the upper body portion [Where Spark's posibrain is located] is hit) is, and its limbs tend to pop off like legos when enough damage has been taken (including the head). However, Spark can pop limbs back on (takes a single turn to conduct per limb). Spark's brain, as a result of this chassis, is located within the chest of the posibrain, meaning Spark can survive without a head (however, this renders the robot entirely blind and disoriented pending replacement of the head). While Spark's chassis is easily repaired, if enough damage is taken over time the parts will wear out and require a more permanent fix/ a different part entirely.

(unstable) Plasma infused power cell: The accident that caused Spark to fall into the realm of Althanas has altered it's internal powercell. The plasma has rendered the cell in a state of permanent recharge. However, the cell's ability to automatically discharge additional energy safely has malfunctioned, and Spark will have to manually discharge this energy itself (every four turns). While this provides Spark with a method of using electricity to its advantage in both combat and the field, failure to discharge this energy will severely damage Spark, and eventually outright terminate it (15 turns without discharge).

Electricity control: Spark has the ability to utilize electricity to its advantage in combat, although it is currently very primitive. Spark has two particular "attacks" with this:
    • Ability to fire an electric beam from its arm, which will reach across a short distance (about 5 meters). Spark can sustain this attack as long as it has power.
    • Strengthen its punches with an electric shock.

Spark cannot utilize this ability if both of its arms are popped off. In addition, this will drain Spark's powercell by about 5% each use, more depending on how long Spark sustains the attack. Damage dealt from these attacks are enough to cause small spasms and damage, but not enough to completely paralyze or stun a target.

Wireless Interface [LOCKED]: Spark has regained its ability to wirelessly connect to electronic devices and manipulate them. Devices with passcodes can be bypassed, but depending on the encryption can take a very long time (2-7 turns). As Spark's software is highly outdated, "Sentient" (other Artificial Intelligence units) electronic beings will find this ability easy to resist and trace.

Universal Connection Cable [LOCKED]:
    Spark has repaired its connection cable, which permits the synth to connect to other electronic devices via a wired connection if it has a port. Similar to wireless interface, but much more direct and effective, and also permits Spark to dispense and take electricity from sources with a port. Ability will not function if Spark's right arm has popped off.

Equipment:
    Kinetic Accelerator: Normally used for mining operations, Kinetic Accelerators fire a single kinetic blast across about 5 meters (very weak in a pressurized environment without modifications, about as much damage as a basic human punch). Auto recharges ~4 seconds after each shot. Can be upgraded to deal more damage, further range, and cooldown. It doubles as an efficient mining tool, and Spark carries this on its back.

Experimental Welding tool: Currently the only thing that can repair Spark. Has three uses per thread, before it must recharge. Cannot mend limbs that have been torn off. Takes a single turn for use.

PDA + Headphones: Purely to rock out to sweet jams. Entirely useless outside of that.

Satchel: Gear (experimental welding tool, PDA, Spark 5.5m sometimes) is held within this.

Familiar: Spark 5.5m
    "Chassis damage sustained. Capabilities severely limited; activating protocol Bravo."

Spark 5.5m is a miniature version of Spark 5.5, developed by Maxwell Crysten based on the actual Spark 5.5 personality. It is entirely separate from Spark 5.5 and is much more stable. However, due to less processing power, Spark 5.5m is confined to a pAI (personal Artificial Intelligence) chassis.

Spark 5.5m's personality (attitude and actions) is similar to Spark 5.5. However, Spark 5.5m tends to take a much more hands-off approach to situations, instead looking for methods to either trick or manipulate foes. However, if its robotic paw is forced, the robo-kitty has a few methods of direct combat (currently broken and nonfunctional, however).

Spark 5.5m usually takes the form of a small black and green colored feline, although should it choose to be even more stealthy/ compact, it can retract its entire chassis into a card device, which permits an operator to view various stats. Currently only Spark 5.5 and Maxwell Crysten have access to the card permissions. Spark 5.5m's sudden travel through bluespace has left it damaged and unable to engage in combat; however, it may still assume its feline form. It cannot move independently away from Spark 5.5 due to the threat risk, and as such remains either on Spark 5.5's head or in its satchel.

(Currently this is more of a pet than a familiar, hence why the following abilities are locked. Spark 5.5m is to be more of a talkative companion at first.)

Abilities:
    Robotic claws [LOCKED]: Spark 5.5m has been repaired enough that its claws are able to extend and retract once again. While not very strong, these enable Spark 5.5m to get up close and personal with its foes if need be, however its very preferred to let Spark 5.5 deal with altercations.

Eye lasers [LOCKED]: Spark 5.5m's optic sensors have been fully repaired, and as such has regained the ability to fire weak tiny laser beams from its reticle. This will quickly exhaust the tiny cat, however.

Credit to FennWenn for the help!
    Last edited by Spacemanspark; 06-12-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hey we talked a fair bit before and I said I was going to to look at it when it came through so
    ... Here I am.

I don't know if you've ever read the comic series Saga but I'm getting a lot of Prince Robot vibes, mainly from personality and appearance. If you haven't then you should definitely have a peek.

For integrated chassis, is Spark also effectively unable to age? Does his head count as a limb to be 'popped' off?

For Plasma power cell, am I right in reading through it that it is basically mainly a weakness? Are there other ways for Spark to discharge other than his electricitt control abilities?

For electricity control itself are you able to describe the amount of voltage each of the attacks are. You could do this in the form of a real world example (e.g. static shock) or a damage roll dice if you need (e.g. a d6).

I won't ask about other abilities for now as they are mostly locked. Spark 5.5 seems perfectly fine for a non combat companion for now.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 785, Level: 1
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 1,215
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,215

GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile
    I don't know if you've ever read the comic series Saga but I'm getting a lot of Prince Robot vibes, mainly from personality and appearance. If you haven't then you should definitely have a peek.
    I have not, but it certainly sounds interesting!
    For integrated chassis, is Spark also effectively unable to age?
    Within the universe Spark is in, Spark is capable of regenerating its chassis at will, and recall its personality to its home. Here, however, Spark doesn't have this capability. While the chassis might not rust, if Spark sustains too much damage over time, even with its repairing capability from the welding tool, parts of the chassis may break permanently pending Spark finding an alternate solution, although this would be a bit of a ways off into the future (depending on damages, of course). As for Spark, the personality itself will effectively not age for the most part. This doesn't really mean much unless Spark finds an entirely new chassis, however.

Does his head count as a limb to be 'popped' off?
    Yep, although this leaves Spark completely blind and disoriented.

For Plasma power cell, am I right in reading through it that it is basically mainly a weakness?
    Yes and no. While it sustains Spark and provides a constant self recharge, if it doesn't discharge the excess, there are severe consequences.

Are there other ways for Spark to discharge other than his electricitt control abilities?
    The only other method right now is the wired power adapter (which is broken presently, and would also require a port to insert the cable into).

For electricity control itself are you able to describe the amount of voltage each of the attacks are. You could do this in the form of a real world example (e.g. static shock) or a damage roll dice if you need (e.g. a d6).
    I'll dig into Spark's original universe a bit more and see if I can give you a more precise answer on this a tad bit later if that's alright, that is a fairly interesting question I hadn't considered, admittedly :P

Spark 5.5 seems perfectly fine for a non combat companion for now.
    Sweet!

Overall, Spark is meant to start out fairly weak. Over time, it will have to adapt utilizing Althanas' resources (magic, for example).
    Thanks for looking at my profile!

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Thanks for all of this. I think I have enough information to have astart at assessing all of the parts and points.

Could I ask you to pop some of the new information in your piece at the first post? Just brief notes.

Can I also ask about kinetic accelerator? Is it similar to a weak form of pistol accepting that it's little laser blasts?

As a note: I have not asked about any of the locked abilities. There will probably be some questions about these as you level up and unlock them, though. What I do like is that it gives a sneak peak into what Spark will be like in the future, which I am looking forwards to seeing.

When you are able to provide a rough idea of how strong the electronic jolts are we'll go from there. I'll let you know if income across any problems in terms of going over the points for level one.

For now though here is a scene of Prince Robot from Saga.

13b9d1ff29f15d78ea45a69ed716e5f1.jpg
    Last edited by Philomel; 05-28-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile
    Sorry about the delay, life decided to be super rude.

Can I also ask about kinetic accelerator? Is it similar to a weak form of pistol accepting that it's little laser blasts?
    It's basically an extremely weak pistol within a pressurized environment, hurting about as much as a human punch. If Spark were to enter a non pressurized environment (space, for example, where the KA is meant to be used), its damage output triples. It also doubles as an efficient mining tool, although, again, it's got less oomph in a pressurized environment.
    However, it's very slow to recharge, has a short range, and only fires one shot at a time.
    It fits on Spark's back when not in use.

---
    When you are able to provide a rough idea of how strong the electronic jolts are we'll go from there.
    Thanks to Nevin, I have a good response to that now.
    "A painful electric jolt, possible enough to cause some spasms but not enough to stun."

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Okie doke! Sounds great.

If you can edit these to some extent into your main piece (press "edit" and you should be able to do it). Just a small description to keep everything together, thank you.

Ailsa/Phi
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile
    Oh, my apologies!
    Should be edited in now.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    you are approved!
    *admin at your service*

Characters: