EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[Open] ~The Wayward Soul.~

(Posted it correct this time please disregard the other thread)

(Note: This thread is primarily a ~SOCIAL~ project and it is open to everybody who wants to participate. Regardless of level. Contacting me before joining is not necessary I just want everybody in on this thread.)

Nosdyn stepped out of the hospital a few days after Jake had left. He didn't know what he should have felt with his former enemy now turned into a potential ally. Was that other one, the demon I met in that place that time correct...? Can demons and men live in peace together...? It was a profound dream. And some dreams were more dangerous than others. However, Nosdyn's dream was profound. He wanted to create an Althanas where demons and men could live in harmony. Stonevale had changed him. Perhaps the legends of Stonevale were true. This place changes people. Why should I be any different...? Nosdyn thought to himself. The streets of Stonevale were busy that day, a Monday afternoon when Nosdyn emerged from the healing center. He'd dressed himself and big farewell to the healers. They mentioned to him it was not only their strength that had saved Nosdyn. Rather, Nosdyn had fought to live.

His amber coloured eyes observed the town. With it's rustic Scara Brae buildings, architecture. The older houses, some of them, were in need of repair. Nosdyn would volunteer to help the township progress. Nosdyn just noticed that it was raining that day. Clouds loomed overhead, and the rain was warm. He looked up at the sky. Then turned his attention back to the township itself. There was a lot that needed to be done. He thought about the words that Jake had told me. Maybe my dream is insane...maybe I'm reaching. But it is something worth fighting for. Nosdyn thought about where Jake would be heading after their meeting. But he hoped their paths would cross again. One day, we will meet again Jake. Nosdyn noticed that William Blake, the guard's captain was looking at him. Nosdyn nodded to the older fellow and walked towards him. "William."

"You're star-crossed, Haidian. I'll grant you that." William was standing there looking relaxed. He also wore bandages and had a splint on one of his legs. "Damned goblins. Jake is a skilled fighter, we were able to stave off their attack thanks to your actions."

Nosdyn nodded. He did not feel like a Hero though. "They'll come back. The attack was the start of something bigger."

"Probably." William said calmly. "But that's not important now. Nosdyn, what happened to you? You've changed considerably in your time here."

Nosdyn sighed for a moment. "I'm not entirely certain." Nosdyn began. "But this place, this town...gave me a reason to fight for somebody else. Instead of myself or other selfish reasons."

William nodded. "This place has that effect on people." William looked at Nosdyn. "What will you do now?"

"I can no longer act as a mercenary. I want to do more...help Stonevale out more. Maybe settle down here." Nosdyn admitted, he'd been thinking about that for a long time.

"Interesting." William said calmly. "You could always join the guards of Stonevale...or perhaps...head to Scara Brae proper and introduce yourself to the royal palace."

Nosdyn nodded, his eyes were deep in thought, the rain felt good against his powerful blue skin. "All possibilities. I have heard of an alchemist named Nevin that lives in this town. I might seek him out at some point. But for now...what I ultimately want is a place to live."

"A house you mean." William thought as he said that. "The mayor owes me a favour or two. I think I can arrange that. When the audience with the mayor is ready, I'll contact you and ask you to join me so that we can talk with him."

"Very well." Nosdyn said. "In the mean time, I'm fucking hungry. I'm going to see about getting a bite to eat."

William chuckled at that. "Thaynespeed my friend." And he walked away to go converse with the mayor...

(^Enter HERE)

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Yvonne stood contently in the middle of Stonevale. She endured the rain without paying it much mind, her thoughts on far more important matters - wearing a white wool cloak to resist the water a while, hooded to keep her hair dry and a brown fur scarf to warm her neck. The black-skinned mixed breed examined her soon-to-be competitors, retailers whom tended their market stalls and stone-and-mortar businesses. The humble open marketplace took the brunt of the rain, the downpour drowning out the ordinarily noisy bargaining and haggling of products.

Some retailers obviously planned ahead for rainy days and unfurled cloth canopies over their point of sale, to keep their appreciative customers as dry as possible. Other business owners hadn’t invested in rain-deflective canopies, and likewise the customers they hoped to have weren’t investing in them. The observation proved enlightening to the originally cave-dwelling half drow, half dwarf. Businesses in Kachuck never needed to manage environmental conditions like rain. The winter freeze and the odd snowstorm ravaging the mountain had been more of an issue.

Plenty of food for hungry bellies lined the market stalls, all colours of fruit and vegetables, baked breads and pastries, many varieties of meat and especially fish - a few businesses even fried fish right before one’s very eyes and beneath one’s nose. A clever trick to convince potential buyers that, yes, they were indeed hungry and should trade to fill their empty stomachs. The businesses without reliable roofing couldn’t provide the heady aromas and potent smells. Scents which drew the town’s citizens beneath their shelters and close to their sizzling frying pans - where the customer would have the hardest time resisting a purchase.

Stonevale’s market was modest and Yvonne’s rivals would be few and far between, however a surface market played by different rules which she would need to know intimately. Without the knowledge of the area and sources of product - without knowing who the leading retailers were and which commodities they traded - without owning and operating a storehouse or warehouse, opening a business could go belly-up quicker than she blinked.

The shrewd trader would have been nothing if she had not learned to be astute. Her sharp, perceptive eyes could swiftly assess her current circumstances to find an escape route, detect a weakness or - as was the case here - exploit a business opportunity. What these people needed, particularly on a rainy day such as this one, was a steaming cup of tea. A cozy place to dry off and sit a spell wouldn’t be too bad either, to enjoy the miserable weather through a closed window, by a roaring hearth while reading a good book.

You couldn’t compete with the local inn or the rowdy pub down the road a ways by night, but by day these places closed up to clean up. Not many were interested in alcohol during the early hours or through the noonday. This was an opportunity to offer something else, a ‘house of tea’ which would be open throughout the day and into the night. If she could arrange suppliers, logistics, employees and settle on payment for each, she would know how expensive her tea haven would be to visit. Drive the price down in any reasonable way, to make the experience affordable and the more popular (and profitable) it would become.

An unusual individual entered her peripheral line of sight, interrupting her business considerations. Quite a tall male even from this distance and, by the way he carried himself and protected his body with a complete set of leather armour from neck to toe, Yvonne immediately pegged him for a warrior or a rogue. He wore intimidation like she wore confidence, but none of that had taken her by her shimmering silver eye and turned her head.

His blue skin had drawn her attention to him. That narrowed the possibilities of his race down substantially and she’d bet against him being a fae in a heartbeat. No, and he was tall but not tall enough to be a frost giant. Only one race lingered in her mind unable to be ruled out, but that race made no sense whatsoever. Finding one here in the small mining town of Stonevale, on this little backwater rock of Scara Brae seemed as unlikely as finding her. They shared a border on the other side of the world for crying out loud. In a different life they would have been bloodthirsty enemies, vying for land and resources, for continued existence.

Yvonne approached the Haidian demon and then turned, walking parallel alongside him, deciding it best to keep more than a sword-length distance. She supposed he, like everyone else, just wanted a hot meal and a place to keep the rain off, however the fact that they were geographical neighbours certainly didn’t make them friendly with each other. First she had to test the waters, see for herself how much of a threat he could be.

“What in tha volcanic, geothermal-blazes of Tular would ye be doing, stomping around a backwater country like Scara Brae!? Did ye trip over one of yer rocky crags, fall over tha Raiaeran Sea, knock yer head on Corone on tha way through and crash land in Stonevale, or what?” Yvonne questioned in her most pleasant tone.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 06-14-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn was lost in thought as he made his way to the local inn. He needed a hot meal and a hot drink after having spend several days cooped up in the local healing center. The last attack on Stonevale from the goblin horde had nearly killed Nosdyn. His mood was a little sour but he was no longer a mean individual. He'd learned tolerance and acceptance the same way that the Stonevale citizenry had accepted HIM. So when the girl's question was asked Nosdyn stopped moving for a moment. He slowly turned his glowing yellow/amber coloured eyes towards her with a raised eyebrow.

"That accent..." Nosdyn found himself saying. Nosdyn was not a fool, he recognized most accents that he'd come across. "Are you from Ettermire...?" Nosdyn asked. The he sighed. "I live here in Stonevale." He didn't know how much he should tell the strange Dwarf like woman before him. "I've lived here for a few years now. Looking to settle down and buy property." Nosdyn noticed that the warm rain was getting a lot harder as time passed. He raised his own hood. His glowing eyes were visible within the shadow cast upon his face. He did not wear his mask at the moment, he only wore that when he was on duty for William, going for dangerous missions.

"I'm heading to the tavern. Going to get food, wanna come with me...?" Nosdyn asked. "I can treat you to a hot meal." Nosdyn said carefully. He had time on his hands for the moment anyway, he still had to get his place of living sorted. Though camping out in Brokenthorn Forest had benefits, he didn't want to keep doing that anymore. Eventually, he would seek citizenship in Stonevale, and seek out asylum from Haidia in Scara Brae proper. But for the time being, he just wanted to enjoy a hot meal with the people he'd helped save.

For a moment he thought of the battle against the goblin horde. He'd nearly died that day...in fact...he HAD died. Several times over. He'd died and yet he was standing in front of Yvonne very much alive. Nosdyn wore leather clothing for armour. He kept his weapon at his side, attached to his belt. The weapon was shut off at the moment and it was silent. As he looked around the city of Stonevale, he could see the familiar alleys and back streets. People were making their way to the local tavern and inn trying to hide from the rain. Nosdyn noticed the ebb and flow of it all. He looked at Yvonne. "What do you say? I spent some time in Alerar before. Kind of miss Ettermire. I might return someday." Nosdyn waited to hear Yvonne's response. "My name is Nosdyn by the way." And he nodded towards Yvonne.

A pleasure to be sure. Nosdyn thought to himself. He liked her way of talking it reminded him of many of the citizens of Ettermire and how they spoke. He waited for her response as the rain poured down. It seemed like a storm had settled in.

EXP: 2,130, Level: 2
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next Level: 2,870
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,870

GP

Name
    Tristain Edelven
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    "Why didn't you protect me in that bar fight! I paid you good money to keep me safe!" The shrill, high, nasally whine of the thin, rat-like man who was currently bouncing around Tristain pierced straight through the mercenary's wars, and his right eye began to twitch as his fingers drummed repeatedly against the hilt of his hammer as he worked to suppress the urge to bury it into the man's face. Through clenched teeth, Tristain spat out a reply.

"As I told you before you took it upon yourself to participate in that brawl, your contract with me ended when we reached the town safely. You recall that you were trying to convince me otherwise when you followed me into that bar in the first place?" Tristain's rough voics was as calm and level as he could manage, though at this point he was fighting a losing battle with his temper. The small man he was talking with tried puffing himself up, bouncing on the heels of his feet.

"The contract was to get me home safely! And until I buy a house here I am not -" Tristain cut the man off with a growl of irritation.

"Which is a breach of contract. Hiring a bodyguard for a trip between towns is one thing. Hiring a bodyguard for a prolonged stay in one town is another entirely. Our contract was quite clearly the journey between Shirecliff and Stonevale, as I stated to you several times, at least once in writing." The rat-like man began to open his mouth again, but the creak of leather cut him off. "Enough. Leave. Go about your business. Next time you wish to hire a guard, make sure you are quite explicit with your desires, and do not try to prevaricate." He looked like he wanted to argue, but the threat of violence in Tristain's eyes, peering out from above an ice blue scarf, must have finally gotten through to him. He blanched, and left - fairly running way from the mercenary, who let out a soft sigh.

One hand came up and adjusted the scarf around his face and neck, pulling it up slightly higher as he looked around. Now that he no longer was dealing with the clingy little merchant, he could tie the time to take in the sights of Stonevale. Maybe he would try finding a place near here to move himself into - the city proper looked to be a fairly busy hub of activity, so contracts might be easier to come by than in the outlying towns. And it was far enough away from the capital that he wouldn't be risking competing with any of the major bands active at the moment.

As rain began to fall, a bit of commotion further down the street drew his attention. It was a little hard to make out in the stormy gloom, but it seemed a short person was confronting a much taller one, and drawing attention to the pair in the process. It wasn't a fight - the people around them were too split between watching, and walking by for that to be the case, but it did seem that something was happening. Curious, Tristain headed through the crowded streets, using his bulk and heavily armored frame to shoulder his way through to get a better look.

Well. The short person was not a child as he had initially believed, but rather a foreigner - an exotic one at that, coal black skin and silver eyes. The taller figure wasn't much better, with strangely blue skin, and and odd tone at that. Tristain didn't notice how a few of the city-folk surreptitiously slid behind his rumored frame, his eyes caught on the odd spectacle before him. From what he could tell the dwarf seemed to be the agitated one here, while the blue-skinned man was ambivalent as he offered to have a drink.

"Might want to take him up on that offer, miss." Trista in shoved forward, breaking from the reticent crowd a rain fell on them all. "Drawing a bit of attention out here. Blue man - I know where a bar is, but I doubt the food there is too enticing. Would either of you know where a better meal can be obtained?" It was a bit rude of him to shove in like this, but the mention of food he reminded Tristan that he himself was an outsider here, and that he was hungry from the journey here from Shorecliff.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    The Alerian hybrid felt as though she was flirting with death. Curiosity killed the cat, after all. Walking alongside a Haidian demon, even keeping distance for safety should have had consequences. Death didn’t come immediately so she began to ponder, wondering how much more she could pry into this demon’s business and get away with it.

Nosdyn he had named himself. Plenty of information had been offered for her to process already. The amber-eyed demon had almost certainly spoken lies, a clever cover story to shroud a Haidian spy come to invade the island of Scara Brae. His outwardly nonchalant body language looked commendable, certainly - she would give him that - but her strategically placed silver eyes noticed his tiny details of hesitation. The demon had thought carefully about his words and she knew it! Obviously that meant a change from his initial response.

Yvonne nearly replied to this supposed ‘Nosdyn’, her black lips ajar and about to say something more when a gruff human male rudely interrupted her and their cordial conversation. She closed her lips with a bit of a sneer, pausing as she turned to face him. The half-and-halfling’s silver eyes glinted dangerously and narrowed.

“Who tha blooming cockerel wallops ye be? Ye don’t get ta tell me what I should or should not do, young man,” she stated, terse. With that, she turned back to Nosdyn.

Who does this rust-bucket man think he be, barging into our conversation? Not only rude but packing tha gall ta advise me about how ta interact with a Haidian demon? Yer got ta be joking, don’t ye? Don’t any of these short-lived humans know their histories? This one be more likely ta eat me than share a meal with me. They invaded tha land of me ancestors and sought ta rid tha world of every other race! They butchered an entire dwarven civilization and I ‘might want ta take him up on his offer?’

“Hmph,” Yvonne snorted derisively.

Eyes of the market crowd watched them, obviously, but it was less about the three of them making a fuss - more about two exotic foreigners mingling together and a bunch of superstitious humans feeling suspicious. They were probably glad this tin man was stepping in to sort it out. Two foreigners talking clearly meant trouble. An ill omen! Quickly, someone knock on wood to ward off the evil spirits!

“I think it’d be safer ta stay here in tha rain, but thank ye for offering. Only risk catching a cold here in tha market,” Yvonne finally replied for the demon’s benefit only. I’d rather catch me death hundreds of years from now. Not today.

The annoyed little woman knew very well where they might dine and enjoy an excellent meal. That said she didn’t trust the demon enough to invite him into the inn where she resided, and she certainly wasn’t in the mood for playing nice with the arrogant knight beside her. Instead she simply crossed her arms beneath her bosom and brought her woolen cloak fully about herself, sticking her nose in the air.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Raising an eyebrow at both the armoured fellow and the dark-skinned shorter woman...Nosdyn sighed.

He was used to the old routine of people not trusting him for who he was. What race he belong to. She reacted in a typical surface dweller fashion, but Nosdyn was not bothered. He turned his attention towards the heavily armoured knight fellow. That warhammer has clan markings of some sort. He wondered what sort of clan that the knight belonged to. He turned his attention back towards the woman, remembering his manners. Nosdyn had the urge to defend himself, and he'd be right in the matter. He frowned. "I TOLD YOU. I have lived here for many years now. Good work here. I'm looking to get my living situation sorted since I had a camp out in the forest. Having a house is more hospitable than having a camp in some cases." Nosdyn had a thick accent as he spoke. He wasn't speaking in a Haidian accent, but rather, the Scara Braean's accent rubbed off on the demon.

"William told me I could settle down here once I have my house sorted. I have already proven enough. I nearly died for Stonevale." Nosdyn had probably already revealed too much but he just wanted people to stop being racist towards him. Though he accepted that it would be a long road ahead. Though Nosdyn knew, there were thousands of Jake Narmonalya in the world. They would never accept him for who he was. Just Demon trying to live. Nosdyn would continue to argue the point if he had to. He felt he had to for the sake of his own sanity. If he was to make allies they would have to set aside their racial differences with his kind...and he would of them.

Though to be fair, Nosdyn inherently didn't hate any of the surface dwellers. He disliked individuals, but not a whole group of a race. His eyes narrowed as he turned his attention towards the knight. "I was going to settle for the pub's food but there is a fancy restaurant nearby too. I could treat you two. Lunch is on me." He tried to smile, though he was still recovering from his recent injuries. The expression did not look right on his face. He sighed. He looked at both of his companions for a moment or two. He'd wait to hear what either had to say. The rain was coming down harder at that point. Nosdyn had images flash in his mind of the moments before he passed out fighting the goblin invasion from last time.

He'd held the line. Because of his sacrifice, Stonevale had averted complete disaster. Nosdyn looked the Alerar girl square in the eyes. "It looks like a big storm is coming in from the mountains. No good to stay out here like that, many of the outdoor stalls are already closing. It's warmer indoors anyway." Nosdyn nodded to both of them. "But yeah the place I know about makes high quality Stonevale food. We can feast there." The wind was already howling from the east. Rain was pouring down at an angle, dripping off the rim of Nosdyn's cloak. For some reason, the thought dawned on him. He removed a spare cloak from his packs and offered it to the female dwarf. "I don't want you catching cold on my watch. You could get really sick out here." Nosdyn handed her the cloak. "Here. Take it, on the house, you don't owe me anything." Nosdyn waited for her response and the response of the knight.

EXP: 2,130, Level: 2
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next Level: 2,870
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,870

GP

Name
    Tristain Edelven
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    "My name, lady, is Tristain." The mercenary growled out in a rough voice from behind his scarf, narrowing his eyes t the short woman. He didn't know why the coal-skinned girl was so openly hostile towards the blue man, but it couldn't be anything good. Not if she was being actively and openly rude, and rejecting offers of food for standing in the rain. He slowly unclenched his jaw, set in a grind from her tone.

He started to turn to look at the blue man, hoping he would be more rational - and the other immediately launched into defending and explaining himself, claiming he had nearly died in defending this town. It seemed like neither of them was going to be backing down from this little confrontation - one side clearly feeling slighted on a personal front, while - ah. She wasn't just oddly colored. She was foreign, an individual from Alerar. Which meant that her issues with the blue skinned man made a fair bit more sense.

If it wasn't for the fact that most of the townsfolk didn't seem to be actively afraid of the demon in their midst, then Tristain would have started trying to get the thing - the man, out of the town. But no - while they were most definitely watching, some of them stubborn and sticking around as fat raindrops began falling on their heads, it wasn't fear that the mercenary saw in their faces. No, it was the sick - to him at least - fascination with an upcoming fight, the desire and hope to see some blood spilled. Tristain felt his lip curl slightly as he looked at the mixture of expressions around them, then turned back to see the demon holding out his cloak.

"Lady. The townsfolk seem to know the Haidian. They are not running and screaming from the sight of him, at least. Best not to judge him just based on his appearances, perhaps? But no, you are right. Not my place to get in your little tirade. Oi, blue man - Nosdyn, yes? Point me in the direction of this restaurant. Whether or not you pay, I am hungry enough to eat a horse." If the little lady wanted to be obstinate and stand out in the rain - and if she wasn't willing to eat in the same building as the demon, then she certainly likely to take his cloak - then more power to her. Let her get soaked in the rain, some other do gooder could try to save her from herself.

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    What in tha quiver-wriggles of Dheathain’s tangles be going on today? Mayhap I hit me own bloody noggin on tha way here. None of it be making any sense. On one side I’ve got a Haidian demon showing me chivalry and on tha other a knight in shining armour giving me tone. Surely me eyes be cross-eyed and their voices have swapped bodies momentarily.

Yvonne rubbed her forehead in thought, feeling the onset of a headache coming on. She stood there trying to process everything, trying to decide whether her initial reactions had been warranted or whether she needed to change her tune in a hurry. Indecision slowed her down and the baffling confusion, it captured her in its entangling web from which escape would be unlikely. There must be some other explanation that these two weren’t giving her.

The discontented hybrid eyed the gift Nosdyn presented her with, a cloak which would doubtlessly be far too big for her small stature. While not physically practiced in the arts of war, mentally she was aware of all kinds of devious tricks one would only play on their worst enemies. The term cloak and dagger could be utilized quite literally. A stranger could wrap a warm cloak around their victim, creating the illusion of benevolence. The victim would quickly find themselves held in place however, as though trapped in a net - the dagger would be revealed and buried between ribs.

“Yer far too kind sir. Put tha cloak away. I could fold it in half and it’d still be too big for little me,” she advised, breaking the ice moderately with a giggle and a smile. She still didn’t trust the demon, but the gesture had done some work on her, certainly.

Tristain’s words lingered in her mind. He had dismissed her and turned away, as she had done to him, but not without leaving her with plenty to ponder. Best not to judge the demon based on his appearances, he had said. Well, that’s why she had attempted to get to know the demon in the first place, and she would have done so in her own time, but he had rudely butted in while she felt vulnerable. His original suggestion to take up the offer of a free meal sounded awfully like do as he says to her ears, and that flared her defensive instincts.

Yvonne didn’t bother to respond to the cold-shouldering rust bucket. He wasn’t speaking to her anymore anyway. She spoke to Nosdyn. His amber eyes were still upon her.

“Yer chivalry be appreciated, truly. Ye lads go on ahead and get yer selves some grub. I’ve got a few things left ta wrap up before tha market closes, and then I’ll be along. Go, go. Show tinhead where tha food be before tha rain washes tha oil from his creaky joints,” Yvonne wisecracked, smirking.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

EXP: 485, Level: 1
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 1,515
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,515

GP

Name
    Henry
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Yvonne was out here, somewhere, he knew, and Henry’s bright blue eyes scanned back and forth through the rainy air, searching for his friend. Originally she had wanted to go out to the town and he had stayed at the orphanage, helping Mother Matilda watch the children - but then Henry had heard the low rumble of storm clouds. A look outside had shown the sky darkening, and a quick check told him that the young woman had not taken her rain cloak with her. As soon as he realized that, Henry had immediately donned his own coat and taken off, looking for her with her cloak in his hand.

The musician became more and more concerned as the rain began to fall and he still hadn't found Yvonne. He definitely didn't want the dwarf to get sick from the storm, and it was getting worse as he walked through the streets. Henry gave distracted greetings to the townspeople who called out to him - his mind not really registering their ords as worry gnawed at the back of his mind.

“Yvonne, Yvonne! Where are you?” The storm was making it harder to see as the clouds darkened the sky. Henry’s strident voice called out over the crowd, drawing a few curios gazes in his direction. He ignored them as he strode confidently along - none of them were short, with alluring silver eyes, so they weren't who he was calling for.

A cluster of people, slowly spreading apart, caught his attention. Confused he turned his attention in that direction for a moment - long enough to make out a familiar figure. Relief washed through him, and he immediately began walking towards her, easily slipping his lithe frame through the dispersing crowd, easily weaving his way past the men and women who were walking away from.. Something. He ignored the other two individuals that were in the center of the crowd for the moment, instead fixating his attention on the dwarf girl.

“There you are.” His voice was was warm and heavily tinged with relief. Deft hands unfurled the treated leather, and he draped it over her shoulders with a smooth, swift action. He let his hands linger on her shoulders for a moment, a brief, affectionate gesture, before he pulled back and turned his attention to the other two, taking in who she had been speaking with.

One was an armored man, walking away at a steady pace. Not that Henry could blame him, considering he was wearing heavy armor and it was beginning to rain. The other - the other had a rather unique blue skin, and Henry stiffened for a moment, slightly shifting forward so he was standing beside Yvonne rather than behind her. He didn't recognize the Haidian, but he did know the race - after Yvonne had taken up room at Mother Matilda’s, Henry had dug into the history of her region a bit, eager to know more about the young woman.

“I’m sorry it took me so long to catch up to you, Yvonne. I hope the rain didn't get you too wet.” He bit back the quip he wanted to say - he was not comfortable enough to say it in public, not yet - as he turned his head back to Yvonne, watching the blue demon from the corner of his eye.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    Wings dragging along the wet stone, antennae and hairfluff tangling beneath his hood, Fenn splashed his way through the streets of Stonevale. A brown cloak was slung about him. The garb hung a little loose on his tiny frame, but it was perfect, or rather, it was a most perfectly nifty wardrobe item. Though not soft the way his green cloak was, its waxy threads protected him from the rough weather. No longer did he need to fear and flee the cursed sky-piss known as rain! No longer would he freeze into a frosty little statue! His feet were still wet, but that wasn’t an issue so long as he kept moving. Cheerfully, he waded through grey air and thicky sploshy puddles, watching water pool in the cracks of the path and divots in the grass.

He was here to visit an old friend of his. Or, so he had been told; Fenn’s previous acquaintances had been wiped clean from his mind, like chalk off a slate. But his friend, Banrion, hadn’t. The snake-headed fae slowly filled him in on the details of his pre-metamorphosis life. Apparently, an alchemist he once knew lived in this town.

But the boy was in no particular rush to make his re-introduction. For the moment, he was here to stick it to the weather and find some grub.

But before he could do that, he spotted a different old friend. One he had met recently enough to certainly, definitely remember.

Good work, brain.

There were several men gathered around her. One was a skinny lad, with brown hair and an air of warmth to him. The other two were quite frightening; one, demonic in appearance, the other covered head-to-toe in shiny burny iron plate metal. It made Fenn shudder in his cloak. He did have a very nice scarf though… A very, very nice scarf. Long, blue, silky-pretty. It made his thieving hands itch just looking at it. Ooh, soft.

Mouth’s ends twitching up into a sly grin, the boy plodded over. Yvvie certainly was the popular one! Of course she was; she was pretty and witty, and he assumed that would line suitors up at her door for miles and miles.

But what did the young fae know about romance?

What he did know was that he might have overheard the word “food”. And food was never not needed. If he had to theatrically pretend to faint of hunger in front of this strange crowd to seal the deal on a free meal, he would.
    Last edited by FennWenn; 06-18-2018 at 06:51 PM.