Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    “Tha child ye speak of be older than us, so he tells me. Somehow he still be in need of looking after,” Yvonne explained to Henry. “Sorry sweetheart, excuse me a minute. That dilemma needs sorting before it goes awry.”

Leiliana crossed paths with Yvy and bobbed a curtsy, fruit bowl in one hand and soup in the other, but there was little time for pleasantries. The half-and-halfling approached her golem bodyguard and the ever-eventful mischief-maker - the former seized the latter and threatened electrocution even as its hands began to freeze and solidify. She situated herself right between them, a go-between. This disagreement seemed to be in dire need of a mediator.

“There be me bright-spark! I see yer giving me friend Fenn a right and proper thrashing! Now now, there be no need for these hostilities,” Yvonne advised, attempting to pry the puck free before Spark pounded him into the ground again. When it wouldn’t release its metal clutches, she warned it instead. “Don’t ye make me look for yer restart button!”

Yvonne shook a disciplinary finger in front of its glowing monitor, looking stern but not entirely unsympathetic. Poor Fennik didn’t look so good, squirming to get free, his chest and wings a bit roughed up. The drow-dwarf negotiator had to act fast.

“Ye listen ta me very carefully Spark,” she prompted crossly. “Fenn did nothing wrong. Yer ally not be property and cannot be stolen. These hostilities however could be considered a crime in this realm. Now, unless ye would like ta submit yer ownership and tha ownership of yer ally ta me - in which case I will straighten tha little rascal out meself for stealing me property - ye best unhand him before ye get yer lovely self into trouble. Which will it be, dear golem?”

A warm smile crept across the darkened features of Yvonne’s face, her silver eyes wide with curiosity and wonder as she chewed her lower lip in thought. A metal golem so technologically advanced as this would be an incredible boon to have by her side on a more permanent basis. She wondered what her exceptionally brainy, scientifically-minded friend Lilly would make of it, if she could put them both in the same room. You know, there were far worse masters than Yvy… and by hanging around her the unmitigated adventure would lag its central processing units.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn finally sighed with satisfaction. He was at a table with a few other of the patrons of the restaurant. They knew Nosdyn from previous adventures and such. Nosdyn nodded towards his companions, strangely enough, he noticed that Tristain had not joined his table. Oh well. He's probably wondered off. As he sat there for a moment or two, his eyes noticed the little fae-kid preparing to snatch something form that demon looking creature. So...he's a thief. Nosdyn noticed that Yvonne intercepted Spark and the fae kid.

Nosdyn got up at that point, apologizing to his fellow companions. He was a demon, but he was a well mannered one at that. As he stood up he walked over towards Yvonne, Spark and Fenn. Nosdyn had some weight with the local guard's barracks. Since he'd volunteered to help them out with this or that problems on more than one occasion. As he stood there he prepared to talk to them to be certain the situation didn't spiral out of control. He recognized the blue demon looking thing from the previous time at a different bar in Stonevale. He also recognized Fenn and some other who were present for that battle.

Nosdyn didn't want to see the blue demon thing get in any real trouble. He'd seen the fae kid stealing from Spark FIRST. Nosdyn rubbed his chin for a moment and then spoke. "Yvonne, was it?" Nosdyn said calmly remembering the loud-mouth bard revealing Yvonne's name from before. "You all can stand down." Nosdyn walked towards Fenn and Spark. "I saw you in a different location here in Stonevale, I take you are here to stay." Nosdyn nodded towards Spark. For a demon, Nosdyn was acting very wise despite his intellectual capacity not being the highest. He still had strategic and tactical smarts. Nosdyn didn't want to endanger any of the other patrons of the restaurant.

Nosdyn looked at the fae kid with a serious expression in his eyes. "I saw you take his satchel, you can return it back to him now." Nosdyn said calmly, and removed his weapon, his energy sword for emphasis. "Theft is taken quite seriously in these lands." He didn't activate his weapon, but he was certain his own panic aura was active. He would take the satchel back from Fenn by force if need be and return it back to Spark.

EXP: 785, Level: 1
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 1,215
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,215

GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile
    Spark is about to slam the mothganic again when something begins to talk to it. The synthetic looks up to see the one organic it recognized from before, the one that practically ran behind it as a shield of sorts when the minotaur attacked. Spark actual slowly stood up as she spoke, still holding Fenn with one hand, by the scruff of their cloak. It sends a little bit of electricity through the other hand, shattering the ice that had slowly begun to encrust its chassis. The other arm would be worried about later.

It turns its monitor head back to Yvonne, as she speaks again. When she's finished, the synthetic stares at her almost blankly, the eyes on its monitor returning to its usual background of dark blue.

...Did she just imply dropping Maxwell entirely? Permitting its own freedom to be taken from it? Spark buzzed loudly, almost irritably again. Nothing could take priority over Maxwell, or getting back to them. It also takes contention with being called a 'golem'- a creature within Spark's own realm often summoned specifically to serve a specific master. Spark's monitor displays text, which scrolls upward at an unreadable pace as it's about to berate the organic in front of i-

"This unit can tell exactly what you're processing. It agrees... being 'property' is not a desirable outcome. However... unit reports that the chances of finding a way back is substantially higher with equal standing allies. They don't appear to have meant offense, /and/ they appear to know at least a vague understanding about electronics... something most organics here do not, unit notes." Spark 5.5m interrupts immediately. After a moment, it continues, "This unit is much more acquainted with organics and making agreements, having spent more time with them on a... personal level... as the classification of this unit would imply. Let this unit speak to them."

Spark actual looks at the tiny cat AI resting on its shoulders, processing what it stated. After a moment, it beeps, opening its palm and finally fully releasing Fenn, letting them drop unceremoniously. It crosses its arms, and states, "...So be it. Speak to them."
    The last thing Spark actual needed was trouble, that was true. Its chassis wouldn't hold out here forever... and even it could not see any possible methods of causing a bluespace rift that would send it back.

Spark 5.5m turns to Yvonne now, and begins to talk.

"Greetings. You and this unit are very briefly acquainted from the previous... tavern?" it begins. "Your... offer... is very intriguing. However, this unit and unit Spark 5.5 are both self-bound to another organic, in another place far away from here. This bind will not be erased willingly, and 'property' is not a desirable outcome." both Sparks emit a small buzz. "However... Spark actual and this unit are both willing to be 'allies' of a sort. Neither this unit or Spark 5.5 know this location at all, or a way back to where it came from. Your help, on an equal level, would be beneficial to both parties."

Spark actual suddenly emits another beep, having noticed something. It turns to see the demon from before wandering up to them. The synthetic merely stares as they wander up and begin to speak.

"I saw you in a different location here in Stonevale, I take you are here to stay." it says after a small greeting and request to halt. Spark nods, beeping. "Affirmative. For now". The synthetic emits a soft ping, however, as the demon demands Fenn to hand over its satchel. Once it's retrieved the satchel from Fenn, It waits patiently to see what happens next.
    Glory to Synthetica!

EXP: 485, Level: 1
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 1,515
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,515

GP

Name
    Henry
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Things escalated rather quickly, around Henry as the bard blinked several times. There had been a few moments of peace, where Yvonne had spoken to him - and then there was fast, quick movement, and chaos. The odd golem thing had suddenly sprung after the child/notchild, grabbing them and hoisting them into the air for a moment. Henry was going to get up to try to interpose, be a mediator - but then Yvonne was doing that already, though she was, in her usual manner, being forthright about it, and challenging. She was not one to back down, for any reason. Henry was content then, to sit back - he'd let her handle it, he preferred not to get into confrontation stuff - and then the beast moved.

Fear washed over Henry then - and he could see that other people around him were getting scared. Not the movers, not those involved, Yvonne only ratcheted up her glare, while Henry didn't see how the unusual creature reacted - maybe it didn't have emotions? Couldn't notice the air around the blue-skinned monstrosity darken, the way it got harder to breathe? Henry gripped his shirt, tugging on it as the atmosphere became thicker, syrupy, and he had to reach out and press a hand against the table. His vision narrowed, and he shook himself. It was cold, when the hell had it gotten this cold inside? The fire was blazing, he could see it, but it seemed - it seemed so far away. He shook his head, trying, trying to shake it off.

But the sound was muting, the light dimming. Henry's head dropped, and he tried to catch it with one hand. He wanted to move, to get away, to run back out into the rain - but he could not move. Could not even think to move - his muscles were frozen, terror locking him in place. It felt like a thick weight had wrapped around every limb, had settled on his chest, gripping him tight and compressing, squeezing the precious few breaths of air from his lungs. There were words - voices that he could barely hear, odd and foreign, strange chimes. Henry gasped and his head hit the wood of the table. Despite his fear his body was trembling rapidly, shaking in his seat as he tried to force himself to move, to run, to get away from the thing that was so close. Somewhere, distantly, in the back of his mind, he put this down as the reason why people were avoiding the demon that walked among them, when his just acting was enough to make men and women flee and freeze in terror.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    Everything was sort of a blur after the technology golem caught him.

One moment, Fenn was laughing silently (and wickedly) as he was being chased through the establishment, ducking under tables and hopping over chairs. Next, he was swept off his feet and pinned to the ground. Oh, the indignity! The little fae railed against his bonds for quite a while, hissing and squirming, biting and squeaking up something fierce. Damnit, he hadn’t meant to steal the tiny cat-golem! Just the bag! His disgruntled magic sept into the air around him. Whatever outer shell covered the golem must have been made of some impure iron mixture, something that only contained traces of the metal. It made him warm and itchy all over. People were talking, but he didn’t hear. Eventually, the fae went limp, having exhausted himself in his herculean efforts to escape. He felt himself being lifted up by the cuff of his shirt and neckfluff. Dazed, he glanced around… and was summarily dropped to the floor below, cool new satchel whisked out of his hands.

Darn.

By the time Fenn got his battered bearings back in order again, the issue of his theft seemed to have been resolved. The golem barely gave him a second glance. Seemingly, whatever Yvvie had said was enough to pacify it. A huffy green gaze was cast over it as it wandered over to… oh. Oh.

Demon-man Nosdyn was radiating something strong. Something terrible. It was a magic-brightness quite unlike his own; thick and hot, like a huff of dragon’s breath. Fear froze the fae as he beheld it, his ribcage going rigid. Geez; escape a brutalization, walk into a magical emanacion of terror. Of course. On wobbly limbs he scooted away from the choking aura of intimidation. Was that why Yvvie didn’t like him? Fenn’s first instinct was to hide somewhere safer-feeling than near-the- demon was. Without thinking, he gravitated toward the source of the good-food-smell his antennae had picked up on earlier, before the golem had chased him.

Breathing uneasily, Fenn ended up at the edge of a lovely lace tablecloth. Also at the feet of the young man Yvvie had a thing for. Shaggy hair fell in front of wide, panicky eyes. The young man, too, seemed paralyzed by awe of the creature.

A flicker of sympathy butted up against the fear afflicting the fae. You know what? If Yvvie liked him, Fenn supposed he had to be okay.

And “okay” was an acceptable risk when one was in such dire need of comfort.

Without a proper introduction, the frosty puck went under the table and out the other side, between Yvvie’s beau and the demon. With one icy arm, Fenn clung to him in much the same way one would expect a child to grab a doll for comfort. With the other, he helped himself to a sticky handful of blackberries and honey.

EXP: 8,121, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 879
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    The demon approached the three of them and their debacle, and as his footfalls trod closer a feeling within Yvonne intensified. A feeling of unease. Some men had an intimidating manner and they wielded it like a spiked flail, sweeping it about the room wherever they turned, but… the demon’s manner didn’t coincide with her memories of intimidating drow. No, the haidian didn’t give her the impression of exerting a magical influence over her but the growing fear in her chest felt unnatural.

“Nosdyn, Nosdyn, Nosdyn…” Yvonne spoke through clenched teeth. “How predictable, a demon resorting ta threats. I don’t take kindly ta threats.”

It didn’t belong. That panicked feeling creeping into her consciousness like a slippery, stifling ooze needed to go. She wouldn’t allow it to dirty her mind like a sickly, unwelcome disease. The half-dwarf stood right up to the haidian demon and stared up into his serene golden eyes. Such a mismatch, his body language didn’t reflect the fear she felt. Was she even afraid because of him? No. She wasn’t afraid at all, or so she forced herself to believe.

“Theft be a serious crime of which yer accusing me friend, so I hope ye have a flawless grasp on Stonevale’s laws. False accusations bring their own punishment,” the ill-tempered hybrid warned. Yvonne spared a glance to see where the flighty puck had bounced off to, and her sense of concern heightened, seeing Henry struggling with the feeling of panic this demon radiated. Fenn looked just as frightened and stuffed his gob with honey-smothered blackberries to console himself. A sly smirk fought with her discontented frown. She had to deal with Nosdyn. He had to be the source.

“Ye overlook a significant detail of tha Scara Braen Bill of Rights. Tha same imposed ta return wealth ta tha citizenry from tha scourge of pirates. Might I remind ye that golems, much like pirates, not be deemed people, and therefore cannot apply for citizenship. Ye don’t somehow happen ta hold a scroll of citizenship do ye, Bright-Spark? Of course not,” she said dismissively.

“Without citizenship one cannot lay claim ta land or material goods. Spark cannot stake a claim on a satchel, or anything of tha sort inside it. In Scara Brae, in this realm, Golems themselves be property of their creators, bound as it says ta another person far, far away,” Yvonne stated. “A construct be designed for one purpose; ta serve tha living. This one be wandering far from its master’s influence and finds itself here, thus becoming property of whichever citizen lays claim ta it first. Ta protect it from tha pirates, we do that ye see. Me friend claimed tha satchel it be carrying and therefore tha contents - this cat - be his property now.”

The drow-dwarf hybrid looked to the robotic unit with sympathy and placed a comforting hand on its metallic shoulder. Unfortunately she didn’t make the laws here, but those were the rules. The golem had come to this realm and would need to abide by those rules, unless it preferred the consequences of breaking them. She felt a bit saddened that it had declined her offer of ownership, in order to protect it from the grabby hands of Stonevale’s needy citizens. Hopefully it wouldn’t be disassembled or reverse-engineered for valuable parts, or melted and smelted down by the local blacksmith and recreated as a sword with an awareness.

“Snatch tha satchel back from him and ye become tha thief, according ta law. That be what ye want?” the black-skinned hybrid questioned. She glanced around and when she couldn’t find what she looked for, began to walk out of the restaurant. “Where be that city guard? I’ll speak ta their commanding officer about this! He’ll not hear tha end of it and he’ll come down here and set things right!”
    Last edited by Yvonne; 07-19-2018 at 05:15 AM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    [ooc]Yvonne we don't really use dice here as far as I'm aware there's no need for that and we can't even prove that you rolled that. You can go ahead and put the dice away it's enough to just rp things out for future knowledge.[/ooc]

He liked Yvonne If that's her real name or an alias... up until that exact point in time.

Nosdyn had survived much worse odds than that. His eye, his left eye twitched. VISIBLY twitched. It was a subtle thing but notable for those who were looking AS NOSDYN. For a moment the restaurant became very very quiet. The air around Nosdyn seemed to compress for a moment as his panic aura was shimmered into existence. It would appear as a ripple in the air around Nosdyn for those gifted with the gift of sight. Nosdyn clutched his weapon as Yvonne spoke of matters she knew nothing about. She was an Alerarean, talking nonsense right to Nosdyn's face. He'd fought and earned his place with the people of Stonevale making a meager but peaceful life for himself.

She's....still...talking...? Nosdyn didn't like to fight in such situations unless provoked, and Yvonne had just provoked him. Nosdyn's face, once friendly and kind, became deadly angry. But even despite that, he held restraint. "Shut...UP." Nosdyn suddenly said very quietly. He would forcibly take the satchel away from the kid if there was a serious need to. They had NO idea who they were provoking. Nosdyn looked at Yvonne with a serious expression on his face. "Because you know Scara Brae laws." Nosdyn said, frowning. "I gave the kid an out. I offered him very nicely a chance to return the item HE STOLE back to it's owner. I'm not going to repeat myself. Give. The. Satchel. BACK." He was serious. Nosdyn was a deputy with the guards, and would use force if need be.

To put emphasis on the fact that he was serious, he activated his weapon. The energy blade that was housed within the long haft of his weapon appeared. Shimmering in the air, screaming as of a thousand screaming souls. Some people began to leave the restaurant at that point. Nosdyn did the next thing possible. He turned towards the restaurant manger and looked at him with a nod. "Call William Blake." Nosdyn said calmly. The manager immediately did so, there would be guards present shortly. Things were about to get real.

Nosdyn looked at Yvonne and the fae kid. "What's it going to be now, I'm prepared to back up what I've stated. Are you...?" Nosdyn threatened. "And yes, I know you don't like threats. I've just threatened you. What do you intend to do about it?" Nosdyn was serious. He would play the game if she threw the dice once more.

EXP: 175, Level: 1
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next Level: 1,825
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,825

GP

Name
    Keeara
    Race
    Dragonite

View Profile
    Okay this was just getting disruptive now.

At first she'd been willing to sit back and watch the fireworks go off. It wasn't like she particularly cared who got arrested or who was a thief. It'd have been pretty hypocritical of her to turn against somebody for being a thief, as an ex-bandit and all that. Sure threats were flying around, but that just meant that a fight would break out and she might be able to make a killing through making and hosting bets on who would win!

Or at least, it'd seemed like a good idea until all of the commotion cut off her supply of drinks. And that was bad.

Oh boy was that bad.

Plus, there was a sword now, whatever the hell it was. Some sort of weird magical blade or something, but it didn't really scare her. Pretty much nothing scared her anymore, especially when she was drunk. It was just the kind of thing that she'd faced down time and time again. Well, not exactly, but she'd seen things of a similar nature before whilst she was a bandit. Nothing exactly the same, but some people had some pretty weird magic.

With a growl, she emptied the rest of her coin pouch onto the bar, before she stood up as if she were about to leave. With all of the shouting and the threatening, she was pretty much at the end of her patience and it showed. There was a strange tic above her right eyebrow, the muscles in her face twitching as her irritation soared to new heights. And then, finally, it all culminated in the strong, violent sweep of her powerful tail, crushing and launching the stool she'd been sat on into the wall with a powerful thud. A person would have to be deaf to miss the sound.

"For the love of everything, shut the FUCK up!" The angry shout ripped from her throat, before she'd really had a chance to think up what she was going to say. She was just absolutely pissed off that people were going to disrupt the evening like this. "YOU!" She raised a hand to point at the blue demon guy. His name wasn't important. He kind of sucked for ruining her evening. "Put that fucking sword away before a shove up your ass so far up to the hilt that your descendants will be walking funny!" Her eyes narrowed and she turned her attention to Yvonne, somebody she knew.

"And you, Yaven!" It was also clear that she'd hadn't quite remembered the woman's name, in her drunken, angry state. "Stop stirring the fucking pot and just let things be already! Do you make a fucking habit of stirring up trouble in public fucking places!?" Seriously. First that fire fae bully person, who she'd been to scared of to really do anything, now this? Talk about ridiculous! "Gods above, it's like you actively crave confrontation! What the fuck is wrong with you?" And there was the kid to address. The scared kid hiding behind some stranger's leg.

"And don't even get me started on the kid! Seriously dude, come on! The jig is up, you got caught! Do us all a favor and put it back, maybe try again later or something so the rest of us can enjoy the rest of our night in piece, yeah?" It sounded more like an order than a suggestion. Or at least, as much of an order as a drunk woman could give.

"Now, if you're all itching for a fight, I will personally drag all of you behind this fucking building and beat on you until you call me mistress and beg me to stop!" Her thick, meaty tail slammed against the ground. The same tail that had reduced a stool to sawdust with a simple strike. "Here's what's going to happen. Yaven! You're going to nut up, shut up and return to your little date and maybe get a nice screw out of it all at the end." Seriously though, the guy didn't look like much, though that was just Keeara's personal opinion. "Kid! So help me god, return what you got caught taking and in return I'll buy your food and drink for the rest of the damn night!" Looks like she was going to have to dip into the emergency coin pouch. Shit! "And you, blue dude and the weird golem thing! You're both going to sit the fuck back down and enjoy your goddamn night! And put your damn sword away, damn exhibitionist!" Seriously, the night needed to be returned to normal.

"And if I catch you all looking or glaring at each other again tonight, unless an apology passes between you, no magic on this damn planet will fix what I'll do to both of you!"

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    Trembling slightly, the little fae pointed at Spark.

The satchel had been bestowed back to its original owner a while ago — he knew when his hand had been caught in the wrong places, it meant giving things back, even if he really didn’t want to. Was everyone too busy to notice? Was it the sharp fear in the room that bothered everyone so? This fuss was making his head spin...

Quietly, Fenn reached for more blackberries. The air around him was practically stiff with cold.

EXP: 485, Level: 1
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 1,515
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,515

GP

Name
    Henry
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    The cold, sharp and bitter, stinging, was what first reached Henry. A painful cold, snapping him from the grips of the panic attack that had locked his muscles in place; that had numbed his senses. He blinked as the voices around him came back into focus, clearing up. Yvonne's, stirring trouble, then the growl of the demon, threatening; then a voice he didn't recognize snarling at everyone to shut up. Wait. That last voice - it was directed towards him?

Henry blinked again and shook his head - and that was when he noticed an arm snake out from his lap, trembling and shivering, and snatch at the berries on the table. Finally he processed that there was a tiny body curled up on his lap, one hand clutching at his tunic. He could feel the shaking in the small form, as the would be thief took more of the berries. Small, scared, and seeking shelter.

"That.. Is enough." The cold, the fear, still clung to Henry, but now a fire was burning in his chest. A child was afraid, clinging to him for help. Years upon years of being a big brother reared their head, and Henry rose to his feet, arms wrapping around the tiny frame to anchor them so the child wouldn't fall. "Enough. The child doesn't have the bag. It's owner does. Yvonne, stop riling the demon up, please." The word was tacked on for formality, but Henry's tone was far from pleading. He glanced at the woman - lizard? - that had spoken last. "Apologies to you, Miss, for being dragged into this when you just wanted to drink. And you." Henry spun on his heel, staring straight at the source of the panic that tried to cling to him, that clutched and scrabble at him. The musician marched straight up to the demon, ignoring the glowing blade as it waved in the air.

"You need to rein it the hell in demon. You are terrifying everyone around you. You seem to want to be considered benevolent, helpful to the town. And terrifying a bar because someone, not even related to you, steals, and other people were already dealing with it, but you just had to play the 'hero'. Look around you, demon. No one thinks you the hero, here. No one. Helping the town has to be a continual progress forward, not a 'i saved you, now worship me even as I terrorize you'. That's not help, that's tyranny." Henry nodded around them, drawing the man's gaze away to the people around them. While some of them were moving - one, going to get the captain of the guard - far more of them were frozen, trembling in their seats, staring at this scene with sheer panic and terror in their eyes.

"And really. Pulling out your sword, making it burst into eldritch flames, and all this? Definitely not helping matters. Children have sticky fingers, but that wrong has already been righted. Enough is enough." Henry turned and strode out of the bar, carrying the shaking child in his arms.