Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    So, I see what's happening, especially with Yvonne and FennWenn. Let's roll back and only focus on Chapter 1 missions for now.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    alright! revokin Make War Not Lava to a later chapter then~

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Yup one of them is a free from rank 1 sort of deal and the other is cut back to a 2 so should be good

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    So, after thinking about it for awhile, it seems that when I clarified the rules for open and closed threads, it sent a lot storylines to the trash heap. That was never my intent, and now I think I have a solution. To allow players to contribute in traditionally closed threads (for character development, etc)., I proposing adding the concept of Side Quests to the FQ. That means there will be Main Quests, which are all OPEN, and Side Quests that can be OPEN OR CLOSED based on your preference. Main Quests will be governed by my initial rules wherein open and closed simply refers to whether players can jump in and out at will or are locked in. These quests are intended to be collaborate, but challengable. Side quests, on the other hand, can capture individual storylines that are interelated to the bigger FQ storyline. The difference between the two types, aside from teh ability to do a traditional closed thread, will be that side quests will not be guarenteed canon. They will be automatically submitted to the canon request system and evaluated for scope, severity and permanence. Provided two people aren't doing directly conflicting side quests, it is my goal to approve every side quest as canon. In addition, these quests will be judged normally. This means they will not automatically receive full judgments. You can request basic rewards, a workshop or full commentary if they are collaborate. Competitive threads, like side battles, will be given full judgments.

Does this seem like a good addition?

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Dirks View Post
    So, after thinking about it for awhile, it seems that when I clarified the rules for open and closed threads, it sent a lot storylines to the trash heap. That was never my intent, and now I think I have a solution. To allow players to contribute in traditionally closed threads (for character development, etc)., I proposing adding the concept of Side Quests to the FQ. That means there will be Main Quests, which are all OPEN, and Side Quests that can be OPEN OR CLOSED based on your preference. Main Quests will be governed by my initial rules wherein open and closed simply refers to whether players can jump in and out at will or are locked in. These quests are intended to be collaborate, but challengable. Side quests, on the other hand, can capture individual storylines that are interelated to the bigger FQ storyline. The difference between the two types, aside from teh ability to do a traditional closed thread, will be that side quests will not be guarenteed canon. They will be automatically submitted to the canon request system and evaluated for scope, severity and permanence. Provided two people aren't doing directly conflicting side quests, it is my goal to approve every side quest as canon. In addition, these quests will be judged normally. This means they will not automatically receive full judgments. You can request basic rewards, a workshop or full commentary if they are collaborate. Competitive threads, like side battles, will be given full judgments.

I could see this working with the main thrust of my storyline as a main quest and the others as sides. I have a meeting so I'll be unavailable for a bit, will drum something up this evening after I've talked to people.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Dirks View Post

A sensible and measured solution.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Sounds pretty good to me.

I will be putting up a thread soon for kenku shinanigans.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Alright, I've arranged my storyline into two options for a "main quest" and three proposed "side quests." Hopefully we can make something fit. I can provide any necessary background on the assassins, the faction of the Alerian government that funded them, the Tap plague, or anything else that requires further detail.

MAIN QUEST (option A)
    Title of Mission: Kill the Breaker
    Brief Synopsis of Mission: Sixteen Aleraran assassins are in an airship bound for Corone. They will sailchute down over strategic locations by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. Upon landing they will attempt to perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone would be through the filters built into their scabbards. Four of these assassins, led by the single-minded Vityr Sha'keth, will converge on Joshua Cronen in an attempt to kill him. Work with the Alerarans in an attempt to bring down a demigod, or lend your assistance to Breaker as he strives to fight back in a weakened state.
    Number of Players: 4 Maximum
    GM: Breaker
    Closed
    Quality Expectation: 3

MAIN QUEST (option B)
    Title of Mission: All Nightmare Long
    Brief Synopsis of Mission: Sixteen Aleraran assassins are in an airship bound for Corone. They will sailchute down over strategic locations by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. Upon landing they will attempt to perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone would be through the filters built into their scabbards. After the spell the assassins fade into the night, each with their own mission designed to dismantle Corone's defenses and infrastructure in advance of a full-scale invasion. Work with the Alerarans in their attempt to topple a nation, or join Breaker in fighting and plotting against them.
    Number of Players: 4 Maximum
    GM: Breaker
    Closed

SIDE QUEST
    Title of Mission: The Tap Tinker
    Brief Synopsis of Mission: Breaker and Am'aleh, both suffering from the taint on the tap, track down Lilthis and enlist her help in fixing the problem. At first they are stumped, but after Breaker manages to procure one of the filters used by the assassins, things start to move in their favor. They are harried by the effects of the taint as well as an attack by an assassin, and realize they will not be allowed to simply work in peace.
    Number of Players: 2 (Breaker and Lilthis)
    Closed

SIDE QUEST
    Title of Mission: Hearing Without Listening
    Brief Synopsis of Mission: While hunting down a group of bandits Breaker runs into Ayaka, who has created a cure for "ashen lung", a common illness on Corone attributed to the volcanic ash in the air. They work together with the Faith United to mass produce the remedy while running a field hospital near what remains of Serenti. However, Josh is there for another reason; to track down one of the Aleraran assassins who was reported in the area.
    Number of Players: 2 (Breaker and Ayaka)
    Closed

SIDE QUEST
    Title of Mission: Datura Midnight
    Brief Synopsis of Mission: Felicity was assigned to a botanist team replicating the Ashen Lung cure. However, her age and inexperience causes the head alchemist, Tacita Shiver, to bar her from doing anything. At midnight, a gang attacks the lab in attempts to steal the cure and profit off it themselves. While the rest of the team takes their completed vials to a wagon to get away, Felicity stays behind to fight the attackers. It is here that she must make one of the most difficult choices in her life - shall she dare take life?
    Number of Players: 2 (Breaker and Flamebird)
    Closed
    Quality Expectation: 2
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    I would assume, because all of your side quests are dependent upon events in your main quest, that the side quests would happen in later chapters and be subject to change should the main quest change?

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Either option A or B sounds good. Colour me interested.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.