Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    So, here's what we're looking at for MQs:

------------------------------------------------

Title of Mission: All Nightmare Long
    Brief Synopsis of Mission: Sixteen Aleraran assassins are in an airship bound for Corone. They will sailchute down over strategic locations by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. Upon landing they will attempt to perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone would be through the filters built into their scabbards. After the spell the assassins fade into the night, each with their own mission designed to dismantle Corone's defenses and infrastructure in advance of a full-scale invasion. Work with the Alerarans in their attempt to topple a nation, or join Breaker in fighting and plotting against them.
    Number of Players: 4 Maximum
    GM: Breaker
    Closed
    Quality Expectation: 3

Dirks note: Nothing to add here, just note the quality expectation.

------------------------------------------------------

Name of Mission: Panorama of the Endtimes

Brief Synopsis of Mission:

Whilst Shinsou and Storm march a massive army up to Radasanth to stage a coup, it is up to the Radasanthian Resistance and the Coronian Rangers to attempt to stop the Brotherhood from succeeding. After all, who wants them providing the island with a half decent government, healthcare incentives, real aid and a whole heap of character development? Right?

Unless you want Shinsou and Storm setting your economic and social policies for the forseeable, you'd better get your heads together to bring it.

GM: Shinsou
    No of players: Any. Bring it.
    Open or Closed: Open
    Quality Expectation: I don't care.

Dirks Note: I'm inclined to make this a Cell style team up battle to predetermine the outcome of Shinsou's invasion. I'd think the quality level would be 3. At this point, I'm digging the idea of a ridiculous character fight off, but I think we should first see if anyone else wants to jump into the ring.

-----------------------------------------

Title: Reckless Abandon
    Synopsis: Heroes hastily evacuate Scara Brae and Corone to help thousands of panic-stricken people flee the super volcano eruption. Yvonne convinces her caravan contacts to pool all of their resources, bringing aid from far and wide to soothe the fears of the people. Superstitious thinking ripples through the refugees to explain the calamity and who they should turn to from here.

Arriving in Southern Raiaera the island refugees discover the mainland populace leaving in droves. Refugees following Yvonne more than double and tension becomes thick as races from all walks come together. High elves disapprove of the mass migration through their land. As the ash cloud looms in the distance the course changes from north to east. Elven anger turns to hostility as their trees are cut down. Ships are assembled on the beach and walls are hastily constructed to buy time for another escape.
    GM: Yvonne
    No. of Players: Infinity
    Open
    Quality: 2

Dirks note: Looks solid. If you don't mind, Yvonne, I'd like to combine all the do gooder storylines into a single thread.

----------------------------------

Title of Mission: Black Glass
    Brief Synopsis of Mission: A group of adventurers go to the lava flows of what was once Lornius to mine obsidian. Unfortunately, they come across a graveyard amongst the cooled down lava - and worse, a mutated salamander twisted by the lava attacks the party.
    GM, if any: N/A
    Number of Players: 2-5
    Quality Expectation: 1

Dirks note: I'm going to amp the quality to 2 here. Traditional boss battle rules will apply. To "win" or defeat the salamander, the team must exceed a 65 score.

------------------------------------

Title of Mission: Chasing a shooting star

Eteri has always been one to dream big, get distracted, and just go with the flow. So what happens when an easily distracted catgirl who just so happens to hold the soul shard of a forgotten one (pode) decides to follow 'the big bright thing in the sky?' Well, lets find out.

Mission will be Eteri getting distracted by the comet. Drawn by the brightness of it and the strange power that resonates within her Eteri goes on a mission to find out WHAT that thing is, and WHERE it will land. This will start in Corone and based on people joining/interacting with Eteri will proceed across the continent - perhaps toward other lands.

The main goal of the mission is to inevitably be near the comet crash landing site.

Number of Players: No limit
    Open
    Quality Expectation: 1

Dirks note: Just the low key, fast paced thread I was looking for. Here's the deal though, if that comet falls, it'll have to be in a higher quality thread.

--------------------------------------------

Title of Thread: Gathering of Shadows

Brief Synopsis:
    Disaster is a prime time for people to take advantage of situations they never had available before, or for new players to make themselves known. One such new player seeking to take advantage, is Estus. The streets will run red with blood and ash - and he is going to make sure the right people (or the wrong) know he was involved. Either join in the growing shadow of his House - or try to oppose it.

(Murders and assassinations and thievery. If you're Crooked, drop on by. If you aren't, fite me bro)

Number of Players: 4
    Open
    Expected Quality: 1

Title of Mission: The Hedgehog's Dilemma

Brief Synopsis of Mission: Thanks to a handy treasure map (awarded during the 2015 AC) and the explosion of Lorinus' volcano range, Sulla has found the prime location where obsidian meets ocean, and the easiest place to gather it. While still dangerous, the area is the best bet for treasure seekers to fill their pockets with the valuable material. However a group of Scara Brae pirates, armed and with slaves stolen from coastal cities in toe, have similar coordinates they're going to. Will the adventurers choose to line their pockets? Will they choose to save the helpless? Will they do both? And why is Sulla so generous with the payout, and have foreknowledge of this pirate captain?

Note: The map (check profile) allows me a 500% increase in GP earned, which could be used for the value of the obsidian in spoils to either sell or keep (making it a more realistic reward). I'm willing to split it (unsure if it's for group or just for me) entirely even.

GM: Sulla

Number of Players: 1-5

Quality Expectation: 2

Mission Title: Into the Black
    GM: Mikhail
    Brief Synopsis:
    As others seek to profit from the obsidian wave, the question of just how much damage has been done to the landscape arises. Concerned for possible survivors trapped by lava or obsidian, Mikhail mounts an expedition into the depths of the wave.
    Warning: You're probably going to need inhuman durability to survive here, we're plunging into the heart of the ash cloud and the obsidian wave. All are welcome to join just keep that in mind!
    Slots: 4
    Expected Quality: 1

Dirks note: I'm thinking of breaking this into two threads. One for the rescue of Lornians, and one for the plunder. Would Sulla and Mikhail be willing to GM their own threads?

-------------------------------------------

That brings us to a total of 7 threads. Right where I wanted to be w/ main storylines. I'll also add a generic bar thread to allow for the quick spread of information (to avoid metagaming) and to serve as another jump in jump out thread.

Everything not mentioned here, I assume will be a side quest. Did I miss anything? Let me know if I skipped your bit and I'll go back and review.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Charles View Post
    From Phi - using my new alt.

Name of Mission: An Attempt to Intercede in the Matters of Volcanic Eruption

Type: Main

Brief description: Professor Charles was there at the time of the original Great Calamity that let the Thayne grow as a might over the Ancient / Old Gods. He knows what disaster it brought and is going to make a bid to stop it. Obviously that means hijacking an airship and flying to the volcano. Imagination and integrity will be key here, scholars and warriors wanted.

GM: Professor Charles

No of players: 4

Open or closed: Open

Note: Anyone is welcome to join. It will start with an opening post from me of Charles stealing the airship but from there anything could happen... And he has no actual plan of how to stop it.
    For attention of Dirks. Main? You might have missed it as it was amongst other stuff.
    Last edited by Philomel; 07-09-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I'm up for gming my own thread sure - Mikhail. Going to be exploration focused, probably not too many survivors to encounter I think, unless we run into something bizarre and unexpected.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    What about the Ayaka cure thread thay wa previously given the OK? Will that be considered for later?

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Philomel, sounds like Charles could be involved with Mikhails thread, no?

Sorry Amari, thought that was a side quest.

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Title of Mission: Cure for a Crisis

After fine Tuning the antidote and dealing with the events in 'Hearing without Listening' Ayaka realizes she cannot go back home to Kugoshima. Instead, she chooses to push her antidote for Ashen lung. Using the Faith United and others who choose to help her she will attempt to further the creation that she has made to aid in the relief of the aftermath. Pending on the thread outcome Ayaka may chooses to become more selfish, and start putting a price on the much needed antidote/relief.

As the ash falls ingredients become harder to acquire and the potion will become harder to create, produce and give out.

Number of Players: Max 6
    Open slots
    Ayaka
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Quality Expectation: 2-3

-------------------------------

Firebird, is this the thread you were interested in joining, or do you still wish to proceed in a side quest?

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    All good. There was a bit of confusion as it was changed around a fair bit to suit the Fq. Thanks for adding it and clarifying. Appreciate it

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Charles is looking for a way to stop the volcano, and is going directly to it at its source, Mikhail was going to the Obsidian ash field. So they'll be heading in different places. It was not going to be exploration focused, purely based on trying to stop the calamity. I can add in more details if that is not clear.

If you're still no convinced, then that's fine. I will focus on other stuff.

Rehash:

Name of Mission: An Attempt to Intercede in the Matters of Volcanic Eruption

Type: Main

Brief description: Professor Charles was there at the time of the original Great Calamity that let the Thayne grow as a might over the Ancient / Old Gods. He knows what disaster it brought and is going to make a bid to stop it. Obviously that means hijacking an airship and flying straight to the heart of the volcano. An interceding with gods may occur, this will be a focus on trying to stop the worse damage at its core. Imagination and integrity will be key here, scholars and warriors wanted.

GM: Charles

No of players: 4

Open or closed: Open

Note: Anyone is welcome to join. It will start with an opening post from me of Charles stealing the airship but from there anything could happen... And he has no actual plan of how to stop it.
    Last edited by Philomel; 07-09-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Uh, the wave is at the source. You'll be going to the same place.