Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    So, I'm not liking that the only submissions so far are closed. That's not really going to work.

For Unfinished Business, how does your proposed story (as well as your faction), tie into the overall disaster arc?

For All Nightmare Long and Tap Tinkerer, I have to be honest, I don't like the idea of 16 NPC assassins without names, goals, or a registered faction (and specifically tied to your writing and story arc), affecting essentially all of Corone in Round 1 with no lead up. You realize that everyone who posts in a Corone based thread will have to address the Tap problems? Please revise this with more details.

Hearing Without Listening seems like an ideal open thread because it would tie well into people just generically treating volcanic effects and Josh could still chase his assassin.

There is no need for Datura Midnight and Hearing Without Listening to be separate threads.

With Burning Flag, there is no reason to make that a closed thread. Others can render aid without being a part of the Brotherhood plans.

Points, counter points? Lets flesh this out. Frankly, this is the type of specificity I expect in the final round. And none of this is inclusive.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    I expect high quality threads to be closed to avoid having people drop in with Zap-Bang-Boom-Asplosions. Chris and I have talked about how to logically string the multi-story arc of our characters into the FQ with something that makes sense and is consistent with character histories and motivations, which unless writers read threads like "Cleansing Corruption" (and let's be honest, no fucking chance people read that much), they are much more likely than not to serve as a wrench in the gears.

I'll be happy to write (even propose and construct) a more casual thread that is open, where there hasn't been forethought into the fully-fleshed arc of the story and multiple people offering their unique perspectives adds value.

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    I'm glad you've done that, but frankly, something as world shaking as a POWER GROUP POTENTIALLY URSURPING THE GOVT OF CORONE should be open to defense, counter and generalized challenge that will not be available if I permit it in a closed thread where the outcome is clearly on your shoulders. I like the idea of the beginning chapters being more open ended with goals clearly laid on the table so that they can be challenged. What if I want Max Dirks to become the leader of Corone's government, shouldn't I have a right to challenge your claim? Perhaps you should lay out your entire end goal on the table here, so we can see if anyone wants to challenge it. If it goes unchallenged, I'll let you have your closed buddy cop thread. If not, we'll look into either open threads, battles, etc. Sound fair? I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    To clarify, I am more than happy to post up some more open threads and host some more diverse events for people to join, especially involving or revolving around the Brotherhood, but I want Burning Flag kept as closed for the reasons Storm mentions above. If you consider the FQ threads as a tree, Burning Flag forms part of the “trunk” that will allow the other branches to follow. This means following on from a chain of lore and plot that extends back into Althanas 3.1 and will lay flagstones for the Brotherhood going forwards. If you are ok with that, I can go ahead and post up some more open threads?

EDIT: Christ, post ninja’d.

We laid our goals down in Burning Flag synopsis, but to clarify further:

Our goal is to take over Corone. Which means kicking out the Imperials.

If this needs to be open for challenge, I invite anyone to post here and say they challenge it. We can then participate in some lateral thinking and collaboration to weave a story together about what happens next.

Is that fair Dirks?
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 07-03-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Hearing without listening will be pushed to a NON FQ as it focuses on fine tuning a cure for 'Ashen lung' - serving a relief to Serenti and getting ready to push the antidote nation wide. It also delves into the two characters emotions/their reasons for whats going on and what is driving them forward in these pressing times.

INSTEAD we are going to go with this.

Title of Mission: Cure for a Crisis

Brief Synopsis of Mission:
    After fine Tuning the antidote and dealing with the events in 'Hearing without Listening' Ayaka realizes she cannot go back home to Kugoshima. Instead, she chooses to push her antidote for Ashen lung. Using the Faith United and others who choose to help her she will attempt to further the creation that she has made to aid in the relief of the aftermath. Pending on the thread outcome Ayaka may chooses to become more selfish, and start putting a price on the much needed antidote/relief.

As the ash falls ingredients become harder to acquire and the potion will become harder to create, produce and give out.

Number of Players: Max 6
    Open slots
    Ayaka
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Quality Expectation: 2-3

EDITED
    Last edited by Amari; 07-03-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Hey Tony just a head's up mang.

I plan on all of my threads to be open to all. Most of mine are going to be Survivor themed projects. After some deep thought, I'm canning the Nosdyn Exodus to the Tular Plains project as it doesn't really fit with the survivor theme I have in mind. However, I will be using all three of my guys a lot and working with others as much as possible. But yes, Tony I'm looking forward to the FQ and seeing what you got in mind.

By the by guys, FYI's yall ash can burn to 1,000 Degrees+ in IRL. Just letting yall know.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    I'm pretty sure most have looked into the effects of the ash :P

Since this is closing soon I'm going to start pushing my other plans that I had

Title of Mission: Chasing a shooting star

Brief Synopsis of Mission:
    Eteri has always been one to dream big, get distracted, and just go with the flow. So what happens when an easily distracted catgirl who just so happens to hold the soul shard of a forgotten one (pode) decides to follow 'the big bright thing in the sky?' Well, lets find out.

Mission will be Eteri getting distracted by the comet. Drawn by the brightness of it and the strange power that resonates within her Eteri goes on a mission to find out WHAT that thing is, and WHERE it will land. This will start in Corone and based on people joining/interacting with Eteri will proceed across the continent - perhaps toward other lands.

The main goal of the mission is to inevitably be near the comet crash landing site.

Number of Players: No limit
    Open
    Quality Expectation: 1

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    From what I know: Unfinished Business is focusing entirely away from Corone and Alerar, where a lot of the attention of threads seems to be at the moment. It's focused over in the wasted of Raeria (I can NEVER spell that right) and is about the group trying to figure out a way for people to survive the apocalypse that is upon them. It's a bit gruesome, in that the survival might not necessarily mean they're the same people they were before, but they would survive and be able to rebuild.

Nevin is definitely going to want to take part in things going down in Radasanth - it is his home after all - but helping Eteri out is going to take priority. So looks like he'll join that one.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 575, Level: 1
    Level completed: 29%, EXP required for next Level: 1,425
    Level completed: 29%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,425

GP

Name
    Estus
    Title of Thread: Gathering of Shadows

Brief Synopsis:
    Disaster is a prime time for people to take advantage of situations they never had available before, or for new players to make themselves known. One such new player seeking to take advantage, is Estus. The streets will run red with blood and ash - and he is going to make sure the right people (or the wrong) know he was involved. Either join in the growing shadow of his House - or try to oppose it.

(Murders and assassinations and thievery. If you're Crooked, drop on by. If you aren't, fite me bro)

Number of Players: 4
    Open
    Expected Quality: 1

Apathy Elemental

EXP: 114,186, Level: 14
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 4,814
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,814

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Dirks View Post
    For Unfinished Business, how does your proposed story (as well as your faction), tie into the overall disaster arc?
    As stated in the Faction Registration for Contagion, "Madison and Amari seek to provide a long-term survival solution to those who wish to ride out the storm by researching Xem'Zund's necromantic magic and combining it with Madison's hyper-evolved strain of cordyceps." While everyone else is out there trynna' topple governments or punch a volcano or whatever, someone has to go about trying to figure out how to make sure people survive to rebuild. Madison just has a twisted definition of "saving" people. Preserve the body through supernecromancy, preserve the mind with cordyceps.

And as for the thread itself, in order to learn and understand Xem'Zund's magic and figure out how to utilize it in the way she needs to, she needs to hunt down his Living Archives, which contain all the information she needs to get started. And with time of the essence, considering a giant cloud of volcanic ash is beginning to wreak havoc across the world and all, she needs to get a move on.

My idea's not that complicated, and it ties in with what else is going on around the world during the timeline of the FQ.