Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,391

GP

Name
    Sulla
    Race
    Human

[Direct Transfer] Business or Pleasure?

I'll include several items earned through threads with corresponding links. I will be updating this profile for the 4.0 format. Also, this account had Core Membership on Althanas 3.1. I literally don't know what that means. If someone does, please tell me.
    Original Thread

Name: Octavius "Sulla" Maecenas
    Aliases: Many
    Race: Human
    Hair Color: Dirty Blond
    Eye Color: Green
    Height: 5'10''
    Weight: 169 lbs.

Appearance: While many people often try to find opportunities to stand out from their peers, sometimes being a face in the crowd has its advantages. Octavius is attractive, though not so far as to be noticeable. His hair, clothing, and overall hygiene are compulsively kept clean to an almost unsettling level. His frame seems a bit small, but further inspection would unveil a fanatical devotion to physical fitness that have sculpted muscles fit for his needs.

Personality: Octavius is a convincing liar. He outwardly displays emotions of kindness, compassion, and humility to the point where one could swear he was too naive for the world. But behind every smile and sweet word beats the black heart of a man whose only pleasure is taking the life of another man. When it comes to his targets, Octavius spares no effort in their elimination. Planning the perfect hit is his ritual. Page upon page in his journal will be filled with detailed sketches of locations and people of interest, notes on routines, and contingency plans for any situation he can fathom. His strikes are surgical in precision, and the utmost care it taken to allow time for escape. His finest triumphs look like accidents, though a certain theatricality in him allows for leeway in his grizzly acts. When the deed is done, his trophies include a fattened bank account and journals that help him relive every sweet moment.

History: They say monsters are not born; there are traumas too great for the human spirit to bear. However, Octavius' life was never difficult. He lived comfortably as the son of wealthy merchants. His parents, though doddering, were neither abusive or neglecting. Their only flaw was their love that blinded them to the boy they would raise.

By the time he was twelve, Octavius' father stopped buying pets for his son. He considered them a bad investment, when one too many times their newest puppy would be dragged off by wolves. Though trails of blood that led to a nearby thicket on their property were all the evidence that remained, the astounding tales of how Octavius received wounds trying to defend his beloved pet earned him a reputation as a kindhearted fool. Even when rumors surfaced that his playmates had been injured during a play fight gone awry, Octavius was seen clumsy for his lack of restraint. Suspicions did not have time simmer. News of the boy's death in a carriage accident swept the village in a fit of mourning. His body was rendered unrecognizable from the beasts that had fed on the remains, and that village had buried Octavius and any ill-will towards him during an extravagant funeral.

What remains now is a mystery. The boy survived and never returned to change people's minds. He'd grown into a man, strong and skilled. What training he'd received is a secret known only to Octavius. Even his clientele are kept in the dark about his past. Only his targets catch a glimmer of what transformed a soulless youth into predator. But not for long.

Skills:

Combat: Octavius is above average in hand to hand combat. His style is not ideal for direct confrontations, but he's well versed in counters, weak points, and submission moves to help even odds. When he does use a weapon, he prefers a small blade to keep his hands free as much as possible.

Security: Though by no means an expert, Octavius has a solid idea behind the workings of locks and other secured items. Given enough time, there are few things that are safe from his reach.

Genius: Octavius is brilliant for his age, and shows a quick wit in dire situations. So long as he can keep a clear head, there is bound to be a well calculated plan to follow.

Abilities:

Empathy: Through some strange combination of rigid training and mind altering substances, Octavius has gained the ability to connect to a single target through eye contact. When activated, he feels what the other feels and vice versa. Through his target's eyes, Octavius lives out every twinge of fear, hate, love, and pain. And those he connects too can feel the cool draft of emptiness deep within his dead soul. Only faintly, through the cold and the dark can they see the grim approach of eagerness, of hunger and rage, that lurks in his void of a heart. The ability is activated at will, and can only be stopped by breaking eye contact.

Stealth: In parts unknown, Octavius has learned well in the arts of remaining unseen and unheard. He knows how to soften his steps, creep through the shadows, and leave without a trace. Though impressive, he is still only human and lacks the years needed to make one a master. Still, he has not been caught yet. There is no supernatural element to this, and if seen, he can not simply slip into obscurity again.

Equipment:
    Glasses: A pair of glasses, enchanted to make it impossible to remember any other detail of meeting the wearer besides the fact he wore glasses. Does not affect those of heightened perception abilities and levels.
    Straight Razor: Enchanted to never rust.
    Treasure Map: Earned in the Adventurer's Crown Round 1, the holder of it may earn a 100% increase of GP in any thread, with a 500% GP increase if the thread is used to actually hunt for treasure.
    Knife: One steel knife of unremarkable quality or make. 10" long with a handle carved from cherry wood.
    Several changes of clothing: ranging from peasant outfits to coverings more deserving of the higher class.
    Several Empty Journals: Leather bound and just waiting to be filled!
    Last edited by Sulla; 07-03-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    As far as I know Core Membership has not been continued over to 4.0 but the great and powerful Dirks can certify on that account.

I will have a look today and check that all is still in order.

Are you finished with this profile, or is there anything you wanted to add?
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Newcomer

EXP: 2,609, Level: 2
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 2,391

GP

Name
    Sulla
    Race
    Human
    This is everything from the original profile, so I shouldn't need to edit.

Unless you have concerns on something later.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Believe it or not you are such an original member that I would need to get into the archives before the archives, which I cannot do at the moment.

In this case I am going to put you through as a new work-up.

For this I need to ask just a couple of things about your skill Stealth: is Sulla entirely silent when he goes through shadows? Are their any benefits in combat with this and is it in any way supernatural?

Thank you.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Sulla
    Race
    Human
    So I edited to clarify that there is nothing supernatural to it, but it technically could help in combat, I think, if his opponent never knew he was around? If someone was openly searching for him, there's nothing to stop them from finding him, but he has a habit of knowing where to hide, if that makes sense.

Also, I want to make sure the glasses are fine, or if I should add their enchantment to the abilities category.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    I can see you legitimately bought those glasses, so all is fine.

Can I ask you to just place Stealth into abilities as it more or less is on the border between an ability and a skill.

Also does Empathy have any time limits at all or is it just active until eye contact is broken?
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Sulla
    Race
    Human
    Done.

Empathy is activated at will and can only be stopped by stopping eye contact. I've edited that in.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    You are ... approved!!!
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Beautiful! One moment...
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Moving this back here to organise the addition of EXP from the old profile.
    *admin at your service*

Characters: