GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile

[Solo] Time of Prophecy.

Corone...I've returned home.

But is it really home...? I do not know. There are no answers for me. Nenkulor's passing signaled the end of an era. With him..died many secrets. Involving many of the old prophecies. I am called back home. To the place where it all began for me. Some time ago, I underwent Reformation in that place. Now it was a ruined fortress, like so many long-forgotten relics of the past. Five years of my life I gave to Sei Orlouge. Five long years. In the end, the light embraced me though I have the mark of the black blood.

I became reforged by the light.

When it all began this time, I was once again looking at that place where it started for me. Before meeting Sei that night, I was a lowlie follower of N'Jal. Little more than a broken husk of a man. During the events of that night, I left N'Jal's fold joined the Ixian Knights. It all changed for me then. I was currently looking up at the castle of my earlier days and knelt down before the sacred grounds of the Ixian order. I was in thought that knight, my son was observing me.

"So this is the place where it all changed for you?" The Black Knight asked of his father. The Black Knight was curious to see the history of the old Ixian Knights.

Lorenor opened his glowing blue eyes. A wind came in from the west, the grasslands they were on seemed to yawn for a moment with the wind. It was afternoon that day, roughly the fifth hour of the day. It was a Thursday, year XXXX. Lorenor felt the energy coursing from the very ground itself, one of the few such holy founts left in their dying world. He stood up at that point, his loose clothing rippling in the wind underneath his armour. Lorenor turned to look at his son. "It was here that I was no longer just another wretch." Lorenor explained. He was still not certain how Reformation worked...only that it had saved him. I must learn how to recreate that process and control it. Lorenor thought to himself. Redemption was too valuable a gift to give up. As he stood there he shrugged carefully and turned to face his son. "I must pass on the knowledge that remains in this hallowed grounds." Lorenor explained the reason that they were all there. He and his followers, after Nenkulor Shima had specifically told them to go hide in the mountains of Stonevale.

Corone had mountains too that they could hide in.

"We are at your command, father." The Black Knight said carefully. There were at least twenty other folks with Lorenor and The Black Knight present that day.

Lorenor thought back to the letters and tomes that Nenkulor Shima had left behind. "The Prophecies will be fulfilled." Lorenor said carefully.

The old fortress loomed ahead of them, ruined and having been looted many times over but the stone walls still burned with a story to be told. "Follow me." Lorenor told his companions and they all entered the holy grounds.

From the last time that Lorenor entered the holy grounds, he'd encountered the boy fae who called himself Fennick. He missed the little one, and hoped to someday encounter the little adventurer again. Lorenor did not have the capacity to reproduce in normal means despite being forged in light. He was still undead. He'd had his son many years before becoming as he currently was. Lorenor touched the stone walls, and as he'd suspected, the walls themselves were warm.

"We will remain here when the time of prophecy occurs." Lorenor said calmly. "There is a section underground that will suit our purposes." Lorenor said. He knew the place was haunted and spirits still roamed across those grounds. As he stood there he thought about what was needed. "There will be those who need shelter. We must provide that. This place can house many survivors and we will all unit against the common destruction."

The Black Knight nodded carefully. "Father we have acquired the supplies you have requested. What is it that you will have us do?" The Black Knight asked.

"We must all work together and rebuild. Prepare this place and make it far more hospitable than it's current conditions show. I am certain Sei would have approved of this." Lorenor said with a calm expression on his face. He thought of Sei a lot those days.

"You care for that man a lot." The Black Knight said.

"I became whole again because of Sei." Lorenor said carefully. "But here is what we must do."

And so it began...

Althanian

EXP: 11,761, Level: 4
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next Level: 2,239
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    The old abandoned fort took some time to repair.

But the night that Lornius erupted revealing it's deadly secret...the fort was completed in it's refurbishing.

Lorenor and his companions stayed within the fort accepting all who would come to their position looking for aid. It was Lorenor's sworn duty as a Paladin to assist those who needed help. As he stood there observing the work they'd completed, he looked out the window.

"Just as Nenkulor said it would happen." The Black Knight's voice. His son.

"Lornius..." Lorenor carefully responded. "There's no telling how many are hurt or dead cause of ash-fall."

"You were granted enough foresight to prepare for the disaster." The Black Knight said calmly.

"This belongs to you." Lorenor suddenly said, he oft worked in mysterious ways. He handed The Black Knight his shard of the Tablet of Destiny. "You're proof that we can still do good in this world." Lorenor felt conflicted about parting with the shard, but he knew it was not his.

It belonged to his son, The Black Knight.

The Black Knight carefully replaced the shard back in his armour, empowering it.

"Father, are you certain?" The Black Knight asked.

Lorenor nodded. "Sei would have wanted you to keep it. You represent what is good in this world...I'm just a memory of the past." Lorenor frowned. He thought of the night that Sei saved him. But what did Sei save really...? Lorenor thought to himself. "But even someone like me can make a difference." Lorenor said. Lorenor looked at his son, and his followers.

"We've all been gathered here by Nenkulor's last prophecy." Lorenor suddenly said to the gathered. As the sky went dark and ash-fall began.

"Look!" A man yelled.

Lorenor looked out one of the fort's windows. Lornius was already gone...

Lorenor narrowed his eyes for a moment as he witnessed the destruction of Lornius. "By the gods..." Lorenor said calmly. He knew the Thaynehood, but he was no longer a practitioner of the Thayne Codex. Thanks to his involvement and betrayal at the claws of N'Jal.

Lorenor watched the eruption of Lornius and the destruction of the floating city. Destruction spanned for several miles. Almost immediately, the volcanic eruption spewed ash-fall out of it's bowels and the world was covered in a massive cloud of death.

Lorenor studied the event as it unfolded.

"Father...Lornius..." The Black Knight said calmly.

"She's gone..." Lorenor responded somberly. "The hour is upon us now. We are being tested..." Lorenor said.

"The gods have a plan for us then...?" The Black Knight asked.

"I'm not entirely certain what to think yet. But once we have more information we will know if this is indeed their end-game." Lorenor rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "It is still too early to tell. When ash-fall has rained for a longer period of time we will know more." Lorenor said.

"Fair enough but I think this event is a sign at the very least. One we cannot ignore." The Black Knight said in response.

"We have prepared as best as we could. The Prophet said that there would be those needing help. We must assist any we can help. That is our mission now." Lorenor was following his own path at that point, but he knew he was no longer alone. He could change things for the better.

"All right. I'll send some scouts outside equipped properly to handle the ash-fall." The Black Knight said. "There will be fires everywhere." The Black Knight shook his head.

"Why this...what does this destruction prove?" Lorenor suddenly thought out loud.

"Maybe we are just meant to survive Father." The Black Knight, his son, placed a hand on Lorenor's shoulder.

Lorenor nodded. "Perhaps..."

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    As Lorenor and the crew worked to repair the fortress, he felt a peace upon working with his hands.

Lorenor oft enjoyed manual labor, he'd always been a simple person. Even whilst he belonged to N'Jal's fold. He always preferred to do his own work...get his own hands dirty. It has been some time since I have been out here near the old ruins...it did not feel right to repair the IK castle. Too many bad memories there. The old IK had far too many enemies as well...such was the case whenever Heroes rose up against the darkness.

It took a bit of work before the ash-fall started but they got the job done.

Everybody pulled their weight...people wanted safety and sanctuary from what was coming.

After Lornius exploded...Lorenor felt pain from the fact that he could not assist the people of Lornius.

His son was also a naturally gifted leader and helped with the workers. There were roughly fifty survivors with Lorenor. The old fort was repaired effectively within a matter of a few days before ash-fall started. The fort bore no flag or no markings merely was a sanctuary to those who needed it from the ash fall. Lorenor sat on an old chair in a personal office he'd chosen as his own place of peace and quiet. He sat for several hours after the final repairs to the fort were made.

They have done good work...so have I. I'm trying to be certain I can help as many as possible. A lot of souls will need it. Again, Lorenor felt torn about the loss of Lornius. Was this the Thayne's doing? Or perhaps something far darker...? I don't know there are no answers.. The only thing we can do is eventually go out to Lornius itself.... Lorenor opened his eyes, a glowing blue energy provided an ambiance to the chamber. He had one candlestick lit providing a low light.

Lorenor was used to being by himself so suddenly having followers was taking a lot of time to get used to.

About the third hour of his meditation, there was a knock on his door. "Come..." Lorneor said in his typical serious voice. He welcomed all of those under his employ. Lorenor looked up to see one of the women he'd bedded before Nenkulor's passing. "Ah...so we meet again." Lorenor said calmly.

She closed the door and walked towards Lorenor calmly. "My lord, I have something to tell you." She sat down opposite Lorenor.

Lorenor nodded. "Speak freely." He said. "You're safe here."

She nodded in agreement. "I did not want to bother you about this matter until I was certain. But...I am with child."

Good news for a change... Lorenor looked at the pretty woman for a long moment. "Are you certain...?"

"Yes. I have known since the time we shared our bed together." She looked at Lorenor. "My lord, will the child be healthy?" She suddenly asked.

Lorenor narrowed his eyes at the thought. "I don't know." He responded. "But I will be by your side for the entirety of this."

Urei... He thought suddenly. He shook his head. "Stay here with me in my personal chambers for as long as you like or want to." Lorenor said.

She nodded again. There was a hint of exhaustion in her eyes.

"I am going to take care of you." Lorrenor said calmly. He stood up at that point and walked forward towards the woman. He suddenly kissed her quite deeply and romantically. "The mother of my child."

"Yes my lord..." She said and kissed Lorenor back with hunger and passion.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    "We must survive." Lorenor said to nobody in particular.

He was deep in thought at that point. Considering the fact that they had rebuilt an old fortress and created a haven from the storm of ash-fall. Lorenor felt tired those days but it was through no particular fault of anybody present. As he stood there he observed his companions all working towards a common good. Some were Human, others were not. But Lorenor was in no position to judge given who he was. As he looked over his companion, she was in labor.

He held her hand tightly as the birth process took place.

Medics were healing her with the healing arts. Or attempting to. Lorenor kept his eyes locked on her. He nodded towards her. "My strength is your strength. I am by your side and you are not dealing with this alone."

She gave one final scream and the new life was born into the world of Althanas. A youngling cried out with the pain of birth. Lorenor looked at their child, a woman. Are my people not an inherently barren race? Does this child not represent hope then? The little one was a girl. [b]"She's a GIRL." He called out to his companions, the followers of the old ways. There were cries of joy from his friends. The little one had pale skin and glowing blue eyes, like her Father. Lorenor looked at her eyes. There was a fierce intellect that lurked in them. The woman who was her Mother rested peacefully as the birth pains began to subside.

"Do you have a name for her?" A medic asked.

"Laura." Lorenor placed his hand on the forehead of the small child. "You will bring great change to this world. And bridge the gap between the races of our world." Lorenor looked at his son, The Black Knight. The two exchanged a nod. Lorenor stood by the side of his child and companion as they rested. [i]Father...me...fancy that.
    Lorenor thought to himself. He looked at the woman sleeping in the bed and thought about many things. He did prefer men to be his companions...those feelings remained there. But he was okay with taking care of the Mother of his child.

Lorenor felt someone touch his shoulder. "Sire. There is a stranger here to see you." Lorenor nodded to the messenger. "I will speak to them right away."

"You are from Radasanth, are you not?" Lorenor asked of the stranger.

"Yes, things are bad over there now we are running out of basic supplies and people are going hysterical." The stranger said. "I won't lie to you, things look bad."

Lorenor rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "How many survivors are there?" He asked calmly.

"Some." The messenger responded. "The city is no longer safe, many fires present and a lot of destruction from within."

"I thought it would get that bad." Lorenor said calmly.

His son, The Black Knight, looked at Lorenor. "It's just like The Prophet said it would be."

Lorenor nodded. "Gather as many survivors as you can the ones who seek refuge. Bring them here, I will take care of them personally."

The messenger looked at Lorenor calmly. "So you will help?"

"Bring what I asked of you and yes I will help." Lorenor thought of something just then. "How are your basic supplies for the trip back to Radasanth?" He asked.

"I'm prepared. I will bring back as many that need help that I can bring back. Lorenor...your deeds will be long remembered." The messenger said calmly.

Lorenor nodded once more and shook the man's hand. "We will help any who need it. Consider that an open invitation."

"Father are you certain that is wise?" The Black Knight asked as the messenger left.

"The Prophet would have wanted it this way." Lorenor said calmly in response. "We saved this fort to create a safe haven for any who would use it." Lorenor explained. "Someday, Ashfall will stop."

"...Father what if it does not?" The Black Knight asked in response.

"...At least we have this safe place. Come on my boy, let's get some work done." Lorenor said to his son and they went back into the rebuilt fortress as the ash continued to silently fall.