GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Animals

[OOC: Solo.]
    Just across Niema River, over a stone bridge, was Felicity’s destination. After endlessly traversing across the country from Scara Brae's Fairy, after stopping to cure a town from disease, she made it! She was so close!

Across the roaring river, stood the bridge.

Felicity pulled the heavy baggage upon her back, situating her belongings. She proceeded to step over. As songbirds produced melodies atop the railings, Felicity traversed across the bridge. Traveling boots pounded against dark grey rock as she crossed. Feeling as if something was watching, she looked up. There, on one of the highest upper beams, was that blasted barn owl.

White with silver tipped wings.

It watched her. It had been following her since she got here.

Her eyes narrowed as the fowl shrieked. It flew off just as Felicity extended her hand towards it. As snow white feathers floated in its empty place, Felicity grimaced. Why was that owl following her? It made her remarkably uncomfortable, unsafe.

The sooner she got to Radansanth, the sooner she made it to her brother’sshop, the sooner she signed up with Faith United… the better.

She shivered as she went to the other side of the bridge. She could still somehow feel those amber eyes gazing upon her.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The city walls of Radansanth were within sight.

Even from here, the towering city was magnificent.

As of now, however, she walked upon s clover field. The sweet fragrance of flowers filled her senses with delight. That owl was nowhere to be seen or heard. Only sparrows enlightened the air with their delicate songs. As she walked past an oak tree, she caught sight of a group of shepherds with several flocks of sheep. The fluffy, fat animals baa'd as they made quick work of any clovers in their sight.

Attempting to stay cheerful, Felicity waved to the farmers, “How’s the flock, gentlemen?”

One leaned against his staff, exhausted, “Not well, honestly.”

Several other shepherds were rounding the flocks with theie border collies. As the men shouted and dogs barked, the tired one rubbed his eyes.

Concerned over all forms of trouble, the girl stepped closer. Her footsteps crushed the grass below as she approached, “What’s the matter?”

He sighed, pulling a twig from his mouth and spitting, “We don’t know what, but something’s been hunting our sheep at night. Even with our dogs eager to warn us, yapping like all haides broke loose at night, we can’t seem to save them.”

Felicity’s eyes narrowed, “Do you know what’s hunting them?”

He shook his head, “Lot’s of snarling and howling. Our dogs don’t howl. Maybe a wolf?”

Felicity silently nodded, arms crossed in concentration.

He glanced at the teen with hopeful confusion, “You’re not saying you’re willing to help?”

Felicity smirked.

“R-Really?”

Her grin grew wider, cockier.

He began to smile too. Then, he cheered, “Hey, Steward! Rebecca! A bounty hunter said she’ll kill our wolf!”

A brunette girl came up to them, a collie trailing behind her, “'Ya don’t say?”

“Wow!” a distant shout came from the flocks behind them.

The man extended his hand, “Need any pay? My name’s Jack, by the way.”

Felicity smiled, shaking his hand, “No need. I just try to help whenever I can.”

“Nice,” the brunette scoffed, turning away, “She’s trying to be an Ixian Knight or something.”

She stalked by towards the flocks.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    It was nightfall. Crickets chirped, toads harmonized. As the wild sounds of night sounded, Felicity was surprised to not see that owl in the treeline. Owls were nocturnal, that owl should be nearby.

Yet, it did not come.

Felicity was surprised, and relieved, that the owl was not hounding her steps. She pushed herself off the rock, looking back at the herd. As according to plan, an elder, weaker sheep was purposefully separated from the flock as bait. Felicity pulled her bow out, readying an arrow. The wolf would come, but she would be waiting to slay it!

The stars shimmered in the sky. Rebecca waited with her dogs as Jack and Steward gaurded the rest of the herd. They were ready.

They waited for hours, the ram bellowing for aid. Rebecca had to restrain her dogs as they waited…

…. And waited …

…. Then! –

From the darkness of the trees, a shadow lurked. Definitely a canine predator, it stealthily crawled on its haunches, nearing the lonely sheep. As the sheep called for aid, Felicity snuck closer. Steadily stalking through the tall blades of grass, the girl waded through plants and lightning bugs as she drew closer. As she came closer, however, she realised the shape of the animal was a wild candid, but not a wolf. No, this creature was way larger. It was the size of a lion, with ears shaped differently than grey wolves.

This was no wolf.

This was bigger. This was deadlier. This was more dangerous than they could of previously thought.

Felicity stopped, faced with dread. She was a meager ten feet away from a drave.

Panic shot through her, adrenaline coursing. She immediately pulled back the arrow and shot.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    It was dark. Felicity was in panic mode. Felicity also was new to this archery thing.

So of course she missed.

The *thlick* of the bow was met with no satisfactory sound of piercing flesh. Instead, it flew straight past the lone drave. As the sound flashed past its sensitive ears, the hunter took a ninety degree turn, growling at the girl.

The hunter had become the hunted.

It barred horrific, sharp teeth. Even in the darkness, Felicity could see the deadly jaws. Nocturnal eyes glowed in the darkness, vastly contrasting its shadowed, bulky body. Felicity could smell the carnivore's carrion crusted mouth. She could feel the warmth of its breath.

“Slick! No!”

One of the border collie's broke loose from Rebecca’s grip. Dying to protect its herd and masters, the dog growled at the drave, which towered three times taller. Alas, the brave, loyal canine met the horrible fate it asked for. The drave brought a heavy paw down upon it with a single move. Then, it bit the throat, crushed the head.

Rebecca screamed from the sidelines, crying, “Slick! No!”

Now, the drave wanted Rebecca.

Overcome with rage, Felicity dropped her bow. In a foolish act of bravery, she charged right in front of the drave, roaring, “Your kill counts ends here, monster!”

The drave was unimpressed, it swatted her aside.

Now, nothing stood between the drave and the flock.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    For a moment, Felicity was dazed. The green grass and evening stars were blurred. She… heard a voice?

”Felicity!”

“W…“ Felicity moaned, blood trickling from her bruised arm, “Wha-“

”Felicity, get up! Those farmers need you!”

In the sky, the double image of a large bird circled around. The pale bird, an owl, let out a loud shriek.

“I hate you, bird…” Felicity attempted to pull herself up, nonetheless. Her entire arm was dislocated. She pulled at it, snapping it back into place. The young warrior let herself shout – so the drave would hear her.

Indeed, the drave turned its attention back to the blood coated woman. The redhead growled, pulling out a sword, “Come on, drave!”

The creature’s throat rumbled.

“BRING IT ON” Rhyolite bellowed, pulling her sword back.

The drave lept towards her, almost making it to her in a single bound. Felicity had one shot at this...

”In this dark, the chest is a better bet than the throat.” The voice in her head advised.

Felicity thrust the sword forth, driving it into its heart.

With a whimper, the weight of the animal went limp.

As the owl flew away, making it into the tree dotted area beyond, Felicity realized she had done it. She slew the drave.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The shepherds had initially insisted that they pay Felicity something for the trouble and injury caused. Felicity had done well to wrap it and apply herbal medicine, however. Additionally, her sorrow over Rebecca’s loss practically forced her to turn them down. Thus, as daybreak drew upon them, Felicity moved on. She waved goodbye to the farmers, a series of bandages wrapped around her upper right arm. Bow on her back, sword in sheath, she carried on. Her alchemist’s kit bobbled at her side as she took the same road as the day before, making a steady pace for the city beyond.

She approached an oak sign, welcoming visitors to the grand city of Radansanth, home of the Citadel. She stopped near the sign. However, the sign had nothing to do with her sudden pause. No…

Atop the sign, sitting right there, was the owl. That same exact barn owl. The snow white barn owl with silver tipped wings. It sat there. Watching her.

Felicity nervously scuffled her boots in the dirt.

Then –

It flew away again.

The majestic fowl was silent. Unlike most birds, owls made no sounds while aflight. It was a beautiful mechanism, really. Felicity’s feelings were mixed on the whole matter. That owl had stalked her for days, caused her to watch her back… then it saved her, guided her to victory the night before.

The hotheaded teen growled, kicking the post that held up the sign. That animal may have saved her, but she still hated that owl! That apparently telepathic owl…

She growled, stalking towards the city in frustration. She had little sleep last night. She was tired. She just wanted to get to that city already! The orange sunrise illuminated Corone’s green fields as she approached the city gates. She would be happy to enter civilization.

She had enough weird, wild animals to last her a long while.

[OOC: Done.]

Felicity Playlist.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Thread Title: Animals
    Type: Basic Rewards

Flamebird receives: 650 EXP and 65 GP.

Congratulations!
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Rewards added.

Flamebird reaches level 6!
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."